Clean-Energy Jobs Surpass Oil Drilling for First Time in U.S

So hear me out, so Bloomberg is saying jobs in clean energy is booming as the industry grows. What if Trump goes ahead and gives more freedom to Gas, Coal and Oil companies only for them to not take up as much as is expected. Would this make people shift to "Green" Energy.
I know we are a long way off ever having reliable green energy but if Repubs and Demo's are serious about creating jobs would they be able to drop their bias for the minerals sector and support emerging green energy. Or would they remain beholden't to their masters known as fossil fuels.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-25/clean-energy-jobs-surpass-oil-drilling-for-first-time-in-u-s

Other urls found in this thread:

lockheedmartin.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten_salt_reactor
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's a global oil job rescission going on.

List alternatives and why this is the case, Nigger.

That's a statement- not a question.

What about the Canada/US pipeline?

Alternatives to Coal, Oil and Gas?

None at the moment, but a vast majority of money is being spend in that area, iirc more then whats is being spent on finding new mining sites.

Would be good for jobs but i am not sure if it will go through.

Fuck oil kikes

And Solar is so much better?

What are you- one of those filthy sun praising heretics?

green energy as it exists now only does so because the goverment subsidizes it with tax payer money

Wait- what?

I was only being facetious here , are you being serious?

But surely if those subsidises make it prevalent in the market prices will go down and it's use will (in theory) increase?

Show me ?

No. Only temp jobs.

The pipeline is replacing thousands of rail jobs,with a few maintenance men.

He can't, it's a Class A shitpost.

Solar and Wind cause almost 0% damage to the environment, aside from the initial installation.

The only thing shitter than that post is a filthy Dravidian.

So bad then?

And if the government subsidizes underwater basket weaving jobs, there will be an explosion of underwater basket weaving jobs. No shit.

From my (most likely) totally ignorant armchair view, this isn't a problem that can be solved with throwing money at it from the government, but with future technological breakthroughs. "Green" energy is simply too damn expensive compared to fossil fuels

Nice strawmanning faggot

The Jews want to cut out their middle man.

So yes.

Liberals fucked up by using the environmental angle and not the job angle for stopping the pipe line.

I get that sarcasm doesn't translate well into text, but fuck dude…

People relate to jobs better then the environment. Get me a job first then fix the environment.

Also why are we exporting our oil still?

We should work with Russia to dismantle OPEC.

green energy will flatline without government subsidies, no amount of government and political shoehorning will change the law of thermodynamics, you can't replace the energy from fossil fuels with solar panels and windmills

I would rather build a hundred nuclear power plants and charge electic cars with eenergy generated by the nuclear power than to pay muds for fuel.

that's fine, nuclear energy especially thorium bases is the only wise option to bridge the gap from now till the fusion breakthrough, and considering france and germany are the only locations where fusion plants are being constructed, with the muslim invasion taking place that could be futher off than expected

Also I'll note that batteries are extremely inefficient forms of energy storage so the idea of electric cars is kind of troublesome unless we make new breakthroughs in Battery Technology

What about the birdstrikes from windmills, or the resonance frequencies from the blades causing wildlife and people to have headaches, lose sleep, flip out or otherwise leave or be miserable? What about the fact that where wind power is feasible, the environment is so harsh, there is little to no population to exploit it, so the energy has to be transmitted to population centers, which is hugely inefficient and shitty? What about the intermittent nature of wind power and the extremely poor level of energy storing tech?

Wind power might not be "bad" for the environment, but it sorta is but it has issues and is tremendously inefficient.

Nice try, Satan.

Are you saying it would never happen?

Who said anything about paying?

Just have a major news network showing how the mudslimes threaten women and within a year you'll have liberals supporting a semitic genocide.

Liberals dont think like that, they will attack the media for being racist.

I say have trump start a moon shot for 1000 mile range batteries within 8 years. Open up the factories that produce them in coal country.

psh… nice meme, kid
lockheedmartin. com/us/products/compact-fusion.html

Trump needs to force those jews to complete the f-35

What about this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten_salt_reactor

I don't understand how you could possibly think leftists operate on any kind of sane logic.
There has been PLENTY of evidence about the subhuman trash invading yurop posted on very active sites like liveleak and youtube, but these retards still buy into the multicult.

Woop de fucking do. Good to know where that deficit comes from.

Wind harms bats via their sonar, birds and insects via they fly into them

Solar is far too inefficient to be effective, and give off too much excess heat. We should be find a way to harness the heat they give off too.

Well turn out you can grow biofuels now.

Oil can be renewable energy until we perfected lithium battery or better, safer hydrogen infrastructure.

Quos Deus vult perdere, prius dementat

This country needs to go full bore on industrial hemp production.

It gets shilled against awful hard on this board to convince everyone to be good little soldiers for the oil and gas industry.

All the people in this thread forgetting what we're capable of? What technology is right around the corner? Where we'd be technologically today if it wasn't for our (((burdens))).

The kikes [spoilers]and ayys[/spoilers] have been shutting down and hiding free energy technology from us for years.

gb2reddit faget

I'm going to break this down real simple, goy. Max theoretical energy density for solar energy is about 1kW/m^2. You will NEVER get more than that. At 100% (20% would be realistic) efficiency, you can run one low power microwave oven within about a 4-8 hour window with a 3x3ft panel. Per capita power consumption in the USA is about 13,000kW-hr, so that means, every mother fucker in the country needs a 4.5m^2 solar panel that never breaks, of efficiency that will never exist.

You want post-scarcity energy? Glass the middle East, and recolonize Saudi with white men of good character to drill Ghawar. We could do that shit fucking tomorrow, no imaginary technology required.

Are you Chinese or something?

This.

There is no perfect energy conversion. Unless rates of energy consumption are checked, you will cook the earth with terrestrial energy sources. The technological limits of solar energy (>>8390182) is much nicer to meet than the thermodynamic limits of life vis-a-vis energy conversion.

Pollution is a minuscule part of the global ecological problem of overpopulation.

Funny how they don't talk about the average income of these new workers compared to those working in oil.

Most of SolarCity's workers are in commission based SALES
Those niggers that hang out at a little booths in the mall or Home Depot and try and snag you as you walk by.

With out heavy government rebates and subsidization the whole company would fold. NO ONE pays the full price a solar system.

And the Mexicans who show up and slam the panels on your roof are the same low-skilled manual laborers who would be doing roofing if there was no solar.

So that $150K/yr oil rig job has been replaced by a 23K/yr GREEN job.

PROGRESS!

What are you talking about? Molten salt is insulated from the earth.

This is only true because King Nigger has done everything in his power to kill oil jobs. I work in the oilfield economy and it's been dead in the water for 2 years now.

He's right though, all those sources of "clean" energy produce less for the same amount of input and to forge the alloys, make the photoelectric cells, and replace the batteries of those "clean" sources of energy produces plenty of industrial waste, perhaps even slightly more per kW produced than oil or coal. The real issue here is a cultural one. The libtards HATE resource extraction with a passion so anything that hurts it, even if it just shifts priorities to rare earth metals or aluminum or whatever, makes them hard. They despise rural living and rural whites.

Frankly bloomberg's numbers are bullshit even given the low oil prices and the shutdown of drilling. The issue is that the US is currently producing a massive surplus of oil and the Saudis are flooding the market in an attempt to supress and destroy Russian/American ventures. They will likely not succeed and will destroy themselves in the process but the sand-monkeys are stubborn and and only started to curtail their production last month. But even if we took his numbers seriously how many of these "jobs" are catladies and shitlibs who are living on government dole through Obongo's programs?

Nobody is saying that solar and wind are never viable but they are viable only under anticancer circumstances and all industrial activity will produce waste. Battery powered cars for instance produce more waste over their lifetime and consume more energy than an internal combustion engine driven car, because all that transfer and storage of energy incurs waste and the components are more costly and prone to damage while the internal combustion engine burns an energy source directly on the spot to prove energy.

IE muds destroy their environment. The simply solution is to stop providing food, medicine, and material assistance of any kind to muds. Half the world is living off the largesse of America and Europe at this point, it is ridiculous. Cut them off and billions would die, good riddance.