Krypton 2017 Trailer

This came out today.
It's on SyFy and seems to have an actual budget.
Just a standalone series, with no intention to make some shitty universe out of it.

Looks decent.

It's shit

Looks like ass. Not only that, it's making the same mistake Gotham made where they don't realize that no one cares about these places/characters without the main hero involved.

I'll give it a chance, but it looks like those teen dystopia films that were popular a couple years ago.

Seems more like they heard people liked the Krypton intro segment from Man of Steel and decided to make a TV series out of it.

It might have a slight edge over Gotham by simply being more backstory flexible and not having to deal with multiple "future villain" characters backstories and having to keep them alive through prequel story immortality. Nearly everyone on Krypton is going to be dead in the near future and expendable outside Jor-El, his future wife, Zod, some of Zod's minions, Kandor city and . . . um . . . Kara's family?

Utterly pointless and horrid in every way. It'll crash and burn quite quickly.

You can totally tell stories about Krypton, but they're never going to actually research Krypton to make the series worth anyone's time.

They're never going to deal with a science based society constantly dealing with the threat of rogue scientists attempting to seize power. That's what the interesting Krypton was all about. A civilization under perpetual threat of terrorism caused by super-rockets, caches of deadly weapons, secret eugenic concentration camps, biological monsters, mass-extincition of native species, and armies of bizarros.

I can see it being a cop show, except where the cops have to stop Jax-Ur from unleashing his death weapons on Argo, but that's never going to happen.

The show's going to be centred on Superman's Grandfather, not his father. The show won't even feature of all of those characters. It's making the Gotham mistake but even worse

I can write this shit, where do I sign up

man that's some poignant dramatic irony

topical social commentary! people could learn a lot from this program

a tragic "call forward" to the comics? true "Superman geeks" will love it!

Damn. Well, there goes my already low expectations.

Nigga, David Goyer has had this in the works ever since proposing the deal shortly after Man of Steel. Russell Crowe originally expressed interest in reprising the role of Jor-El for an entire series, but that apparently didn't work out very well.

The first bit of STAS was pretty good and I could see it work as a miniseries, but there's no way they the concept could last a full series.

Well shit. I was hoping it would explore the relationship between Jor El and Zod.

You can bet your bottom dollar they're going to visit the home of the highly developed black race, where the "sexy" scientists will pre-date Jor-El in figuring out Kyrpton's gonna croak.

God damn it.

YAKUB

I thought Yakub was the evil one who invented white people?

Yes that's correct.

I'm laughing but I'll be crying very soon

You know, back in the Silver Age, Jax-Ur destroying the inhabited moon of Wegthor was the reason Krypton outlawed space-travel. It was a disaster that ended all of their space exploration and a complete revision of their criminal sentencing procedure as they could no longer shoot criminals into space. The Phantom Zone was created to solve the latter.

The destruction of Wegthor was still in living memory (it had occurred in Jor-El's life-time) when the council rejected Jor-El's assertions that the planet was going to explode. When you combine Wegthor with Krypton's constant problem of criminal scientists, you have a somewhat believable reason why they didn't just take Jor-El's word for it.

In the right hands that could be a great story.

David Goyer's the kind of guy I could see Russell Crowe punching

Doesn't matter. Russell Crowe will punch anyone anyway.

Oh my..

Keep going.

This series is in continuity with the DCEU, dumbshit. Doomsday in the DCEU is different; instead of the monster bred from genetic experiments on Krypton's prehistoric landscape, he's a genetic deformity created with the unholy mesh of DNA from Lex Luthor and the deceased General Zod. Doomsday was created by Luthor as a backup plan in case Superman failed to comply with killing Batman, or in case Batman didn't kill Superman.

… Fucking seriously…

Must be hard being autistic. Everybody getting the joke and laughing while you just get mad…

Oh my fucking god

[citation needed]

Powerless was in canon, too, and that was just a marketing stunt. Nothing actually happened and they barely referenced the films.

It's barely a joke if it isn't funny. Maybe you fags just have a shitty sense of humor.