3. Looney Tunes
4. Peanuts
5. Scooby Doo
6. Rocky and Bullwinkle Show
7. Batman The Animated
8. SpongeBob Squarepants
9. Family Guy
10. South Park

Why include these at all if you're not going to talk about them? They should have just made it a top ten list.

What a fucking shit list.

this is some pretty shit taste

There are maybe three or four good selections on that list. Everything else is either outdated crap or was never good to begin with.

What ones are outdated crap?

shit taste

"TV Guide Magazine's 60 Greatest Anime of All Time" when?

Outdated crap:
Flintstones
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Scooby-Doo (although they count all Scooby-Doo as one series and I personally thought Mystery Inc was very good)

Never good to begin with:
Family Guy

The rest are decent although I would put qualifiers on Simpson, South Park and Spongebob

You know they don't watch anime.

It's surprising that they didn't put Rick and Morty on the list.

Do you mean they're crap by modern standards? Because Flinstones is as good as most family sitcoms from the past decade or so even if the comedy is kind of dated.

I guarantee that it would be number 11.

When I said outdated I meant outdated. The Flintstones is on there because it's the precursor to The Simpsons and a lot of these more adult-oriented animated sitcoms but in terms of itself it doesn't really hold up. The same kind of goes for Scooby-Doo although, like I said, TV Guide have counted the entire franchise as one series and it really is a mixed bag.

It's a list of 50

Eh, I think it holds up as a middling but watchable show, although I forgot this was a top 50 list and you're right that it's not good enough to be on something like that.

I still want to see that list from them.

The Normalfag's guide to cartoons.

If you ever needed a reminder why TV guide shrank until it became a website, this is why.

If you changed the title to "most famous cartoons" there wouldn't be any difference.

Case in Point: Time Squad is amazing, but not listed.

Man I loved that shit yet I never remember it unless someone else brings it up. Also I'm pretty sure TV Guide shrank because almost every cable provider offers a built in guide as part of their service these days.

Now hold the fuck up.

What did you expect from normal?

I know season 3 was kind of so-so but I'd hold it as a whole well above Thundercats

Surprising

Oh shit that is pretty surprising.

I feel your anger, brother.

Remember when Jumptheshark.com was the best place to see banter about TV shows and then TVguide.com bought it and destroyed the website?

Reading the reasons for how Voyager jumped the shark had me rolling in laughter.

You know exactly what would be on it. Nothing that's never been dubbed. Since the writers of this list are probably all over 50, I guarantee you the anime selections will all be things their children watched. Expect Dragon Ball in the top slot. Then maybe Cowboy Bebop or Evangelion in the next two but more likely Naruto or One Piece, one of those big shonen anime

This is the problem I hate with these lists. They put down an entire series and say it's great but don't account for series that have suffered from seasonal decay like The Simpsons post S8. (where now since it's like 26 seasons(?) that like 2/3 are bad episodes?)

Would have been better to come up with a list of "best cartoons per decade" to make it fair between new and old shows. Or should we have to do that ourselves . . .

This was based on views wasn't it?

No, because there are things on there that literally nobody watched. If I had to guess it's based on

wat

Was it really that good?

Recess has aged like cheap piss

Time Squad wasn't good. Every character is an annoying idiot, just like in SpongeBob and premise itself is extremely unoriginal too. To make matters wprse, it also has that flat, simplistic, and ugly early 2000s art style that was popular among calarts graduates on Cartoon Network at the time.

What about that Anime about the hot highschool girls?

Which one? There's like 6 gorillion of them, oy vey.

why not?

WHAT WERE THE BEST CARTOONS OF THE 90s?

No there isn't, this is a meme.

Aeon Flux
Exosquad
Batman: the Animated Series
Gargoyles
Beavis & Butt-head
Daria
Dr. Katz
Duckman
Batman Beyond
Futurama
The Critic
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
TaleSpin
The Pirates of Dark Water
X-Men
Animaniacs
Tiny Toon Adventures
The Simpsons

Fuck, there were a lot of good cartoons in the 90s.

Pretty much every MTV cartoon could be on there.