Memes at tech cons

Why? Just why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBKX-6Gz6A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Plebbit and unfunny hipsters

These are what we call differences between geeks and nerds.

Betas and Omegas/Alphas

fuckoff reddit nigger

Don't worry. Those are all popular memes for popular people. The evil computer man is not going to steal your rare Pepes.

bad presentations have been like this for decades
it's far worse when simple prose has frequent meme intermissions

Maymays are what the kids are into these days. Gotta try to relate.

I was in a Subway the other day and I heard a pop song explicitly ask "Can you relate?"

I'm just picturing some sad jewish songwriter on the end of his rope trying to write lyrics to be grunted out by the current generation's lesser stars.

Weaponized Comic Sans!

What a cluster fuck monstrosity C++ is turning into... just remake the language instead of this duck taping crap

this /thread

People do that. People remake the language all the time.
But they don't call it C++, because the remade language is not C++.
Meanwhile, there are a lot of legacy reasons to keep using C++, like "already knowing the language" and "being able to use code written in C++" that give people reasons to improve the language without replacing it.

At this point, I just want to see how big they can make their language. I want it to be so large that the creators add the same feature twice, after forgetting a prior incarnation.

People who actually write software don't spend all their time browsing for rare peppers on obscure Discords like you /r/tech larpers do. The memes they use are classic and always will be funny in related context.

It is pure reddit cringe. Memes don't belong in a tech talk. If you can't make it interesting without them, you're not worth listening to in the first place.

xD

Memes are inherently a part of programming. Without memes, there would be no computer programming.

Those aren't even memes. Those are image macros. It's going to take the entire strength of a united mankind to get past "lol these stupid pictures are dank memes hurr durr" so basically never.

Why? Just why?

Most conference meme posters are corporate shills which means they are no longer one with the lulz, if they ever were. Of course their memes are shit.

meme-y slide names are a blight too

If you've seen the "Weaponizing your pets" lecture from DefCon, Gene explains it pretty simply - presentations are boring, and you're trying to keep people engaged.
Too bad the people in your example are less interesting than rocks drying in the sun so their memes are shit

and i click [x]

There's more

Monstrosity aside, what kind of gaylord wears sunglasses inside?

The same kind of tryhard that puts stickers all over their laptop like it was a skateboard.

Networking. The last time I went to a tech conference I had a few people "begging" to hire.

Is the job market that bad?

What the fuck is that thing in the tank top?

There are levels no Redditor can descend.

Or you simply meme the shit steve jobs has been doing since forever:
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBKX-6Gz6A
Of course this is satire but there's actually a whole domain to "how to do presentations" it's a mix of hypnosis and bluff (well bluff when you don't know what you're talking about).

The last time I wanted a job I just checked the listing of my city.

It's extremely hard to find good employees, especially now that there are a million people jumping into tech that have no business being there but try harder than anyone else to get through HR.

Why did it take a decade or more for normalfags to pick these memes up?

Because they are normalfags.

I do that, because I definitely need them outside, I can't see without optical correction and I don't like to carry 2 pairs of glasses.
What is gay about it?

Is that you, Adam Jensen?

Most presenters are ordinary adults, who are on the nerdy side but don't belong to any specific subculture, including hacker culture or chan culture. So their humor is mostly reddit tier memes.

Wow that video was lame, at least post 2070 Paradigm Shift next time.

It's a pretty difficult task when you lack a sense of humor.

Have a funny or pathetic picture.

Nope, I'm a legitimate anonymous guy.

I guess with the number of autistic fags in the room one needs to be cool to hold their attention.
Why can't they pay attention because you're presenting something that is relevant to them.
I couldn't do these talks because I am a non-personality having dude.

Same user, fuck the naked-eyecucks.

C++ is such a pile of shit that I feel like vomiting now. Sutter and Bjarne can go fuck themselves

Use an older less cancerous spec, or just use C. They're digging their own grave.