This show was never anything but a She-Ra: Princess Of Power ripoff with animal characters

This show was never anything but a She-Ra: Princess Of Power ripoff with animal characters.

which probably explains why the Swat Bots look near identical to Horde Troopers!

BLUE STREAK, SPEEDS BY

It had a pretty cool cyberpunk setting for a kids' show.

Why did they try to make a Sonic cartoon about a dark and gritty war against a malevolent dictator, full of characters that were never even in the games? Like, I don't think the Western manuals ever implied Eggman was more than a mad scientist that keeps on trying (and failing) to take over the world, but then here and arguably in AoStH he actually does rule the world. Where the hell did the inspiration come from?

Why not?

SAW NIG THE HEDGEHOG

TOO FAST FOR THE NAKED EYE,

Two things:

1. Judging by the concept drawings, it seems that the show initially wasn't a Sonic show until Sega of America stepped in.

2. North America and Europe didn't get much lore until Sonic Adventure in 1999, so anything was fair game at this point. What isn't fair game is Robotnik's design. I have no idea why they made him look so retarded, just to be taken "seriously".

SAHNIK THE HEDGEHOG

SOHNEEK, HE CAN REALLY MOVE

SAANEEG, HE'S GOT AN ATTITUDE

SOHWNIG, HE'S THE FASTEST THING ALIVE

PINGAS

Or, I guess, Robin Hood, Star Wars, Che Guevara, the American War of Independence, the American Civil War, Subcomandante Marcos, anything with rebels.

Hmm, now I want to see Blakes 7 with Sonic characters.
Sonic as Blake, Tails as Vila, Shadow as Avon, Knuckles as Gan, Rouge as Jenna… then I kind of go blank.

I'd watch it.

Can you post some, or point me toward them?

Neat!

Are there more?

Yep. It really looks like these designs were intended for an unrelated show(s?), but were redrawn when Sega asked DiC to make a Sonic show. Also, during the development phase, it looks like they may have heard about Super Sonic from Sega of America and wanted to put it in, but they never did for some reason.

Looks like a shitty disney rip off, did they know what they were doing?

These are very Don Bluth-esque.

I remember some guy from SOA saying that when they invited the sonic team guys to see the storyboards for this show they were pissed off as fuck

As for why they did all this shit I think it was trendy at the time or some shit, lots of shows with similar themes like captain planet or swat cats

Yeah no the whole robotnik think came from SOA itself when the were going to release the first game and they thought naming the bad guy eggman was retarded

They also told the sonic team guys that madonna couldn't be sonic's girlfriend and that they should tone down the edginess.

Now you know where sonic06 came from

From the dvd interview, none of the writers really understood what sonic was, and never played the games. They were only shown 4 screenshots of the original game by sega when they were first writing aosth. When satam was coming out, one person eventually just made a sonic bible to be used to flesh out the world for the new show, and everyone just used that. I wouldn't be surprised if it was originally his setting for his fantasy tabletop game.

what was the point of changing her into an ugly little furry when they had that on the table?

Because before sonic 06, sega thought bestiality was wrong

Then why did this bitch exist

She has a tail, she's clearly not human.

Robotnik transforms living animals into robots. That's the entire premise of the first game, and it's pretty dark in a sense. Did you ever play the fucking game? Or how about Sonic CD where the future world is a dystopia?

I thought he just stuck them in the robots in the game

well excuuuuuuse me princess

Did you? He only used them to power the robots
Only if you're shit at it

Robotnik could stand to be more mad scientist evil. Really make the sanic autist squirm.

Funny thing is that DiK LoZ was ahead of its time.
Hell, Link acts like an user around bitch need no man princess.

No it wasn't. A) It ripped off Moonlighting and B) dozens of other '80s from the period ripped off Moonlighting too