Thunderbird on Debian Disabled AppArmor Profile By Default

I just updated my packages today and saw this.

apt-listchanges: News---------------------thunderbird (1:52.5.0-1) unstable; urgency=high The profile for AppArmor within Thunderbird is now disabled by default. Since the activated Recommends for the apparmor package in recent kernel-image packages it turns out there are to many things that simply not working like before if Thunderbird is using the current AppArmor profile. Please read README.apparmor for getting more information about the re-enabling of the AppArmor profile. People who wants to help to improve the AppAprmor profile are appreciated. Take also a look at #882048 for the reason behind that decision. bugs.debian.org/882048
Can somebody explain what this means security-wise?

Not me

Stop using corporate shitware from RedHat, switch to TOMOYO.

Stop using corporate shitware from RedHat, switch to WINDOWS. Oh wait.

Why are you cucks using another man's operating system? Do you let other men make all your decisions for you in other areas? Just write your own, it's not that hard.

NSA/RedHat use selinux though.

apparmor is bloat. either sandbox thunderbird in a vm or don't.

Thunderbird has been abandonware for a year or two. It doesn't work properly with some email providers and reverts to sending passwords with cleartext. It's not secure and it's not surprising Apparmor has issues with it. Find a different email client.

What is a decent graphical replacement?

I would probably use Claws had I not gone to Protonmail.

Thanks for the tip. I never heard of claws but it looks pretty decent.

I thought Debian didn't even use AppArmor or SELinux by default, so who cares?

You mean in a docker container?

apparmor and other MACs are retarded. They removed it because as is normal for MACs it introduced too many real bugs while trying to protect against theoretical bugs. They'll add it back if someone bothers to fix it, but it doesn't matter.

go away theo

What the actual fuck

Sylpheed is the best GUI client. I use mutt while waiting for aerc, though.

Docker is bloatware made so minorities can manage servers.

Docker is incredibly insecure.

no
no

[citation needed]

Really? If yes, then what program should I use for email and RSS view? If possible that can get the imported RSS and email from Thunderbird

Have fun repeating the past of virtuoso.