So what's Captain Marvel doing nowadays? Was he a victim of Nu-52?

So what's Captain Marvel doing nowadays? Was he a victim of Nu-52?

He's supposed to have a Rebirth series going. But hasn't shown up yet.

Last I remember, Shazam the wizard gave his powers away to Billy Batson and he became the new Shazam, which would have worked out great except they gave him a faggy white costume and Arthas hair.

Then some retarded bullshit that I can barely remember happened in Countdown and the whole Marvel family lost their powers, but because Countdown was stuck in a limbo state where it was both canon and not canon at all, everyone who had any kind of major change in it disappeared.

This was all pre-Nu52, so I can't even begin to tell you what's happening to him now. But needless to say the character has been horribly mismanaged.

Did they change him back to Captain Marvel or is he still called Shazam?

New-52 ensured I'd never by a DC comic again because of what they did to him.

They changed his origin so that instead of being pure-hearted and good natured, Billy rants to Shazam about how there's no such thing as a pure-hearted person and Shazam dejectedly gives Billy Shazam powers. Then Billy proceeds to act like a huge cunt some more.

Oh. Oh wow. Oh fucking geez. I've seen some bad character interpretations before, but I can't even begin to fathom why anyone would think it'd be a good idea to do a complete 180 on a character like this. Holy god in heaven, that's awful.

Still Shazam, because of the Marvel upcoming movie.

Probably because DC wanted to make Nu52 as garbage as possible so that when they eventually undid it fans would never complain about the shitty condition of their "real" universe again.

Pretty sure they're calling him Captain Marvel in the DC movie, though.

I didn't even know he was going to appear in the movies.

He's still Captain Marvel on Earth-S(5). Read Multiversity and Final Crisis Superman Beyond.

He's supposed to have a movie with the Rock as Black Adam.

I don't know how to feel about that.

With the way Warner Brothers is going recently the movie might get pushed back.

I wish there were Captain Marvel/Superman story arcs that went beyond their first meeting. Clark adopting Billy doesn't seem right either but I'd love to see some mentoring, advices, interactions. Maybe they could live together assuming Billy's uncle isn't in the picture but that would probably hurt Billy's independence as a character.
I liked that story when Clark was horrified to find out he was a kid and tried to take it out on the wizard. The reaction was pretty humane, albeit self-righteous.

I love Shazam, but most of his great moments come from the scenes when heroes discover he's just a kid. It makes it hard to work him with for a longer length of time. Plus any time you write a story that tries to ignore the fact he's a kid, you just end up writing a Superman story.
A reminder that the Shazam movie is going to be shit because WB doesn't know how to have fun

There was a JSA comic arc where he was paired with Star Girl and the writers deliberately played up how it looked for anyone not familiar with Billy's secret. That was fun

I fucking remember that now. Most of the JSA are old (compared to the JLA superheroes) and they were all talking about how Captain Marvel was being showing borderline pedo interest in Stargirl while Billy was just viewing her like an older sister rather than a maternal figure as he views most female heroines. I think I remember Wild Cat trying to take him out back to have a man to man talk.
JSA and Justice Society of America were pretty good comics. I still don't get why they decided to age everyone of them for Nu52. Maybe it's just like that user said in another thread: They tried to make the Nu52 so shit people won't complain after the next reboot.

We were ALL victims of Nu-52.

and bo as captain marvel? he is looking the part

Nu52 had its moments, but overall was bad. Especially what they did to Batgirl. I don't think the character will ever recover from that piss poor writing and interpretation until the next hard reboot.

Darkseid war completely changes his powers. He's now has the strength of S'ivva, Fire of H'Ronmeer, Compassion of Anapel, Power of Zonuz energy manipulation, I think, Boldness of Ate, and Lightning of Mamaragan Turns out that's the wizard's real name. He also can't fly and is still and asshole

That filename really expresses well my feelings right now after seeing that image.

What the fuck did we do to deserve this horseshit?

He appears in Hellblazer rebirth and he doesn't seem to be the same one from DW

Unless he does more, how do you judge that from a few panels of him doing nothing?

I was going more by costume. Luckily, the rebirth promo picture shows him and his siblings flying, so i'd say that he's back to normal

But it looks like he's still got that fucking hood.

That was part of the original New 52 look.

I see in this universe his powers were gifted to a young Jay Leno

Well he IS right. Constantine has no place in this superhero bullshit. He was never a blast-shooting wizard to begin with. His most 'powerful' ability is being able to walk the path of coincidence I'm sure the actual name isn't that but I can't remember it. He's also not aware of it for most of his own series. It was hinted that his existence would trascend time in the books of magic but he was never a fucking fireball chugging spell caster. His kind of magic in a superhero universe work only as a plot device and nothing more.

I remember imagining Billy in most of Holla Forumsku's comics acting as goku. It's sad that he never gets a dedicated mentor.