So it seems that the new live action The Tick series is actually happening

So it seems that the new live action The Tick series is actually happening.
Yep, the one that had the super fucking edgy pilot with Terror murdering people
I found it kinda cool though, shame to admit
And Tick himself is getting a new costume that does not look like a worn down lizard foreskin.

Yes it was edgy, but what saved it was The Tick himself being the fucking same, honestly it's not that too far off from the original live action, except maybe a bit more violent.
Honestly I think it can be pretty good

It was pretty funny edge in all honesty.

The edge just kinda made it more funny. If anything it felt more like a satire of the Grim Superhero.

It was fun, agreed, but I still have the feeling that they were focusing on the seriousness more than the goof.
With Arthur's entire backstory and dream scene, I feel like it will/would be revealed that Tick does not exist, but is just a figment of Arthur's imagination, a personification of his heroic ambitions, or something like that.

That costume looks shit and I really don't get your grievance with the original live action. It was a bit edgy, but Patrick Warburton was born to play The Tick, his performance was that good.

The original comic wasn't afraid to show violence. Oedipus was stabbed, Sagin The Wolf became street pizza trying to dive after the Thorn Of Oblivion, The Red Eye killed practically everyone he met, and at least one grade school teacher was turned into a cloud of butterflies by scientifically advanced Amish.

One ninja got a bone bruise, another one fell on his keys, Chainsaw Vigilante caused many minor abrasions.

And Man-Eating Cow… don't even get me started. You weren't there, you couldn't imagine, FOUR STOMACHS, COWS HAVE FOUR STOMACHS. Cows chew cud. MAN EATING COW CUD IS PEOPLE

nobody is calling the Warburton tick edgy.
nobody has any grievances about it. It was not perfect but it was fun as heck nonetheless.

We're calling the Serafinowicz one edgy. The pilot was made about a year ago and The Tick looked like this.

Ah I see, my mistake. I seem to have purged that one from my mind.

From what I remember of it, it just lacked that sillyness The Tick needs to have. The Tick is silly enough but the rest of the characters don't exacerbate that as the comic and Warburton's did, they detract from it.

Pretty much. The Tick himself was pretty good, decently written and decently acted, and The Terror was creepy as shit, those were two positives. But otherwise, Arthur was even blander than Arthur is supposed to be, and the entire surrounding setting was very much "gritty realistic".
It might be that they are trying to parody the modern gritty trend, but if so, they are not going overboard enough with it.

It has the potential for good setup. I really liked the Anthrax in the eyes.

Live action tends to require much less outlandish stuff to be funny…But it also needs more budget. Its this damning comedy paradox.

Wasn't it syphilis?

Pretty sure it was anthrax…Neither make sense really but that makes it work in my mind.

I didn't actually like the other live action Tick that much…It's comedic timing was off, and it felt more like a sitcom with superheroes.

Despite also having some weird timing and low budget at times, the Animated Fox one felt much more…Genuine.

You're bad.
You're REALLY bad.

You get no disagreement here.
The animated tick was the shit, one of my favorite cartoons of all time. A joyride from start to end.
It had an episode where The Tick had to fight an infinite legion of self-replicating murderious and thieving Santa Clauses. Santa Claises? Santa Clais? Santa Clee?
You can't beat that.

hey Im always up for having my opinion changed. I can only win if Im convinced to like something.

On an unrelated note, any webm expert here?
I thought I would make a webm of the Terror scene by the way, I checked, it's syphilis but I have no experience encoding live action stuff, and so have no clue how to set up my ffmpeg for best quality/resolution/filesize. I can't squeeze in more than 90 seconds into a postable webm without ending up with garbage quality.

This. The Tick needs to be over-the-top at all times to contrast with Arthur's down-to-earth mannerisms. That's why Warburton was so good in the live-action.

Senta Claus
pronounced like women

Loved that show.

The part that really stuck with me was that in-your-face scat singing in the opening theme.

Does anyone have the original 12 issue series of the comic to storytime?
I know there's a lot of fans from the cartoon and the live action series, but I don't know how many people here ever read the original comics by Ben Edlund before we lost him to Hollywood.
It it still stands up as one of the best damn things I've ever read. It made "Laugh Out Loud" a meme before the internet, and I held out for YEARS for that thirteenth issue. I mean one issue was eight months late, I held out for the longest time, the spinoffs didn't quite scratch that itch.

I wish they'd give him a prosthetic chin, there used to be a TV advert with a pretty decent unlicensed appearance by Megaton Man changing in a phone booth.

The Tick needs an even paced live action film that has plenty of crime fighting segments inspired by Tick and Arthurs more memorable adventures like Tick vs. Dinosaur Neal, with an overarching plot centered around a Chairface Chippendale scheme. Charlie Day should play Arthur Mothman, and Warburton shouldn't play The Tick he should play "The Tick". No idea who should play The Tick himself.

>The Tick needs an even paced live action cell-animated film

Fixed that for you, citizen!

Glad they fixed the suit, but it has a whole bunch of massive clusterfuck. I honestly never want to see the pilot again and I love Tick.

bump

Rich Piana.