Imageboard Terminal Browser

Does anyone know of a way to use an imageboard liek Infinitychan in terminal? I saw someone mention they were working on a tool or tools to do so. I know redditfags have RTV. Why don't we have an equivalent?
I have w3m (pic related) with the images package, so you can kind of browse 8ch, but no poast.

Other urls found in this thread:

w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html
curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html
oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/dnsbls_bypass.php
oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/post.php
8ch.net/dnsbls_bypass.php
sys.8ch.net/post.php
8c
sys.8c
gitgud.io/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you're trying to sound like you're from 2005 then please stop it's cringey

I'm happy you like it. I meant *like. I also meant "poast".

I use cURL to post here.

I've been pretty busy lately, but my terminal based board reader is at a pretty good state.
It has enough functionality to participate in a single thread provided you don't want to post images.

Could you please show us how?

Yeah not all of us are very seasoned in the terminal lol. I'm learning, but my context for learning is eliminating the mouse/trackpoint. even if you told me i probably am too new to understand it, especially since i have tried curl yet

*haven't

w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html
curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html

I was going to post my scripts, but you write like a 14 year old faggot. I'll give you a hint: use and either oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/dnsbls_bypass.php and oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/post.php if you're using Tor or 8ch.net/dnsbls_bypass.php and sys.8ch.net/post.php otherwise.

Non-Tor links got converted. 8c h.net/dnsbls_bypass.php and sys.8c h.net/post.php

Thanks for the tips. No need to be a giant fucking faggot tho. Sorry for trying to communicate like a human being.

You're still an underage fag.

okay. 1996

fuck off to your own thread nigger

Use the developer tools in your GUI browser to see what URL your browser connects to and what data you send to post.

Then you can just make a simple shell script to ask for user input for file to upload, thread, and comment, and send that.

Yeah, okay. I'll start using terminal interface for browsing imageboards if one of them suddenly becomes non-shit.
Pro tip: Holla Forums is still shit

Not really, you still have the captcha thing.

You're just proving how immature you are, lurk for a couple more years.

What captcha thing? The one that comes every 24 hours?

1996 is still underage by imageboard standards. I'm serious. Lurk two more years before posting.

I've been lurking since '07 trollmeister. you're useless

I believe that's bullshit but if true, you've proven to be untreatibly cancerous and should not post at all.

Stay mad about me not putting my free software onto a proprietary platform.

Bumping because sage nigger keeps at his little game.

Why don't you put some work into making one and ask for help as you progress?

im posting from w3m with w3m-img plugin from tty it works pretty good.

use lynx, faglord.

Just played around py8chan.

Uh oh, cuckchan cancer has already started growing. Reported.

This thread was posted 10 days ago.

durrrrrrrrrr

I often use Lynx and it works except for solving the captcha (page doesn't load properly).
Thought about making my own simpler "sorta HTML" text browser that strips out everything except the most basic of tags, and formats in a sane way for output on 80x25 terminal. No networking though, that's the purpose of wget, curl, and so on. No need to rewrite those.
But maybe it makes more sense to do an nntp interface instead and just use newsreader like slrn. Anyway, text is great.

There's the Unix philosophy, then there's muh minimalism and then there's just using the wrong tool for the job

It looks so good. Can you link what you used in emacs, so maybe I could make my own?

Thanks. I haven't really worked on it in a while. I kind of fell into a slump and lost all motivation to do anything but check my email / rss feed and watch anime. Luckily I'm getting out of this slump so eventually I'll get around to fixing it up to be released once I catch up with my other work.
The board reader isn't implemented in emacs, but rather just uses emacs for making a new reply. It just does it the generic way minus the fact I use a static filename (this would cause problems if two copies of the program were running at the same time).

Hope you get out of the slump, good job anyway bro'

lol I did the same

There are literally not one but two modes in emacs written to browse 4chan. Look it up. They're both on github.

gitgud.io/

Wow. Go home, kid.

In a few days, kids born in 2000 will start to turn 18.

Can I fuck your boypussy?

Thanks, I actually never thought of searching one.

q4 looks good. There is no 8ch support though.

smh tbh famalam

We used to have a page called less.html made for this exact purpose, but it got lost after the April fools hack.
Bring it back chodemonkey

Cringing is for FAGGOTS and UNDERAGEB& such as yourself. CRINGE

Text browsers can offload image to an external image viewer. You follow an image link, and it spawns child process. This is in my ~/.mailcap and it works fine this way with Lynx:
image/png; feh -FZ %s
image/gif; feh -FZ %s
image/jpeg; feh -FZ %s

I want to try a project like this but I'm really concerned about the UI. Even though TUIs should be simpler, I think an IB browser would actually need some complicated features to actually be useful. Any ideas on how to handle that?

looks like he has a very nice interface, but who knows how the code looks under the hood.

Now that looks pretty slick, I'm guessing you're using ncurses for that?

I was trying to write a board reader with python using ncurses bindings, but I have a lot of trouble figuring out how to draw things together, I imagine having to spawn a new window or panel per thread reply and then I've yet to be able to sanitize the thread's json so it's not full of garbage, nevermind not being able to actually wordwrap the content to fit in a cell. There are times I really wonder if I'm partially retarded.

I've posted this with w3m. Works perfectly fine. Just make sure you hit the Captcha page beforehand and be aware that it fucks up after you posted and sends you to some 404 page, but if you reload the thread, your comment is there.

This. The misspelling fags aren't just AIDS carriers, they're useful idiots for niggers in politics like Obama who intentionally misspell words like missile in documents to obscure his illegal dealings.

Are you me?