This will become Quantum when ESR is

This will become Quantum when ESR is.

Mark your calendars, freetards. It's between early March and late June.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mozilla.org/Telemetry/FAQ
gist.github.com/haasn/69e19fc2fe0e25f3cff5
github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GNU always finds away user. Botnet code will never exist in their software.

Oh i'm sure. It's just gonna be interesting to see. I may even start using it when they update, as it claims to turn off all telemetry, which was my main concern with modern Firefox to begin with.

FF Quantum isn't "botnet".

I know. I just get fed up with Mozilla sometimes.
I just want a fucking browser, damn it.

stay mad and enjoy your Israeli puppet, trumpcuck

lol look i'm fitting in! we here at the 'chan are just bonkers for hilldawg.

NOw that there is a thread about IceCat, I want to ask this... Why doesnt IceCat let me open the posting reply/threads in 8ch.net? And I cant see the threads updating at the bottom... I deactivated all the addons, yet the problem persist. How you IceCat users solve this to browse 8ch well?

IceCat had no problem removing telemetry and google before.
The rest isn't botnet.

>>>/reddit/

But that is wrong, retard.
wiki.mozilla.org/Telemetry/FAQ

try using wireshark or something and do your own test.

Firefox isn't fixable. It's simply too far gone. See gist.github.com/haasn/69e19fc2fe0e25f3cff5 and github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/ for an idea about the amount of work required to disable all spying.

The DRM is opt-out as i remember.

Telemetry is not enabled by default in the Release channel. Only Crash reports.
The default search engine can be easily changed and the Google strings in about:config are settings for "Safe Browsing."
Therefore, if Safe Browsing is disabled either through GUI or about:config, no connection is ever made to Google; which is why IceCat does not delete those entries from about:config since Safe Browsing isn't even available.
Cliqz is a german search engine owned in part by Mozilla. The code is open source and their telemetry experiment was blown over proportion.

Show us the proofs, then.

It's opt-in. And since EME is a sandboxed plugin in FF, disabling it means that essentially it will never run any EME code.

Most of those lists are JavaScript/HTML5 standard features that Mozilla must include. The rest are lies and exaggeration.
It's not necessary to remove the Google strings if Safe Browsing is disabled, to disable EME the GUI toggle is enough and Pocket is literally a bookmark and no data is ever sent unless clicked.

Tor user here so no image
Install ubuntu
apt-get install etherape
Launch firefox, you can try removing telemetry there's still packets that goes somewhere.

user said google shit too. Safe browsing defaults to on.

Which uses the google cookie that was used by the NSA. You used to be able to see it in the cookie manager, but users complained about not being able to remove it, so Mozilla did the sensible thing and hid it at Google's command.

So you can't back up your claims. Nice.

Turn it off.

Already fixed. Safe Browsing is done differently now and the cookie can be deleted as any other cookie.