LOL

LOL

Can I run this on nouveau?

You're a big GPU.

I think the picture is upside down. Terrible rocket design, either way.

Tell me why exactly I should care? This is obviously just Nvidia re-branding a Gamer APPROVED™ Titan X for retarded goy shekels. Still not sure why it warrants a LOL thread

Or is OP just one of those retarded redditors who have no idea what LOL threads actually are and just wanted to make one to fit in?

lolno, Pascal != Volta.

Never realized Holla Forumslets ever cared about geams.
Low quality thread.

The most powerful GPU on the market and they still can't figure out how to render fonts for shit.

But won't it be about the same as the new GTX 2080 or whatever which will also cost half the price?

Definitely not a phallic symbol

Why the fuck does every component for a PC looks like it's being marketed to 14 year olds?

nvm answered my own question lol

What's the point of making a graphic card look like a piece of art if it's going to be hidden inside your computer forever?

I know you're underage because you think basic design is somehow childish; "haha lol that gfx card that costs a lot of money shouldn't have those few edges to make it look modern and sleek, lolno I'm a grownup give me my gfx card without the small design choices because that's what adults do!".

It's not the appearance of the component that's important, it's the thing you use it for.

I bet you're the autist who buys this shit.

No doubt that's a comfy chair but I prefer sub 100€ office chairs. If someone donated a chair like that to me I'd use it no problem. It's amazing how much a person matures when he switches away from videogames to something more universal.

Also, nice comeback, junior.

daily reminder this is the level of Holla Forums in 2017

That's the most pretentious way of saying you got another hobby. This shit writes itself.

That's how I feel after playing videogames for years and finally switching my hobbies. You'll get to that point too, someday. But anyhow, I think you should ask your papa to buy you a new GPU before he goes to bed so you get to play the new games!

The sooner you switch the better, no two ways about it (unless you plan on going pro).

nigger those are the most affordable ergonomic chairs there are, of course a shallow design hypebeast wouldn't understnad though

Half-witted low blows aside I'll explain my point of view enough for you to properly tear it apart. What I meant by my first post was not that I would completely avoid purchasing a component because of its promotional material, frankly it's unavoidable because every company who sells decent parts takes the same marketing stance. I'm all for getting the best bang for my buck even if the entire marketing campaign is directed at High Schoolers. Recently, I was shopping around to pick-up some cheap parts for my low-tier 2011 computer and found how companies geared their products juvenile to the point of being outright condescending. Hell, I might be in the minority here but I'm not swayed by having the thing look like Blade Runner's Prom Night Abortion or the myriad of buzzwords jammed on the box; I just want decent parts.

Don't worry about me. If you can't already tell by my stance on how computer companies advertise to gamers (that's a word I like to use sparingly) and the fact that I've only now bothered to upgrade my computer with marginally less shit parts, PC Gaming is definitely not the cornerstone of my hobbies. Legit curious, what hobbies didja pick up after you shelved video games?

is this some kind of weird bait or are you actually 12 and believe this.

Finally I can run my Chinese bitcoin miner at 8k resolution, 128x AA and ultra settings.

Because people who don't know what they are buying can be swayed by package and industrial design. Good design can also improve customer satisfaction for customers who do know what they are doing.
Current hardware looks like it does because the manufacturers think that this is what an important segment of their target market likes.

You've been playing too much KSP.

obligatory

They've really fucked themselves in the ass, haven't they?

Truth.

Are you retarded?

if you want pretty hardware, buy used servers or get into FPGAs

Lol

True and unfortunate because the specs that are needed to take a good decision aren't even available anymore and I'm seeing this in hard drives too.
I don't agree with that it's a fallacy because anyone can make extremely good looking advertisement but sell trash and it's even more true nowadays.

Not the user you responded to but for me it was electronics/radio and low level coding.

t-thanks ill play solitaire with this

On that same token, what's the point of caring about what it looks like (whether it looks good or bad) if it's going to be hidden?

The cost of design.

So idiots will buy it.

Because good industrial design, even if the average joe will never see it, is ultimately a sign that engineers actually put care into the design of their work and enthusiasts can ultimately appreciate going the extra mile for attention to detail?

Christ you guys are autistic

Laughable
Where engineers put their man hours is decided by the company's financial arm

enjoy your exploded ass, nigger

The companies "financial arm" essentially contracts the engineering department to deliver a product. Unless you enjoy financial collapse, you should know that micro management is suicide, and just as engineers don't deal with finance, finacers don't deal with engineering. They set a budget and deadline. That's it.

Bullshit, engineers focus on the efficiency what they make not the arousal of the public.
This is just marketing hype and you're buying into it just like any other gullible people out there.

And obviously it makes us not eat/buy shit constantly.

Industrial design is an art. The most talented engineers on the planet understand the importance of aesthetics and how function becomes form. You see this every day in real life, from cars to furniture to architecture. Even the beige box PCs of yesteryear were designed with professionalism in mind.

Admittedly you have autism though, and a sign of autism is binary logic. Perhaps you're more of a fan of the soullessness of Cold War Brutalism?

True
Depends on their goals but obviously the design of this graphic card obviously isn't helping anything (besides selling it).
Of all the spectrum of autism you chose the one that tries to validate your point.
W E W
E
W

The aesthetics of the card can be seen as an ornamentation that augments the existing GPU cooling system. Instead of having a box of sharp 90 degree angles you can have soft corners and sleek surfaces that are friendly for gripping while also providing less friction for air flow inside the computers case.

The people who ultimately have to design the cards aren't robots, they're human beings

Did I fucking stutter? Fuck it
You are actually retarded. We're done here

You do realize the design of computer cases can effect airflow right? Do you seriously think cable management is just to keep your shit looking clean?

LOL

nigga I bout 7 and run them in my mememining machine. get on my level

Please be done with this site overall, perhaps reddit is more your speed

We're talking about the shape of the gpu radiator's shroud, not about the pc's case

Reported.

What kind of retarded fucking piece of shit fan setup is this?

Look harder

1 percent is 1 percent. And I know you don't understand, but your autism is really showing itself right now

Problem is, we're seeing a rise in the amount of gaymer RGB crap full with shit components, edgy aesthetics, (((cloud integration))), and glossy boxes that performs worse than a CrApple Macbook from 5 years ago. Like those RGB 7.1 speaker headsets which sound worse than a knife being rubbed on a cheese grater.

Form is useless if it results in compromising function, which is the norm nowadays.

This. It's smart to judge a product by it's performance but it's absolutely autistic to say that good looks detract from the product's value. We're talking about sleek and modern design here to be clear, the gaymurr rgb mess is another issue.

fuck you autistic people who want to look cool with your exposed PCBs and "diy" looks

If you want diy design, you gotta do it yourself tbh

lol

Reported.

Frankly I think it's so you artfags can leech off the real builders' production chain, by pozzing everything up so people buy based on "muh sechsy ehsthetichs" rather than rational numbers. Some companies then get the idea that paying you a bit more means they can pay a team of real Engineers less and still sell a shitload because it "looks sexy" the reason iCrack sold so well.

FUNCTION OVER FORM!
FIRE (((INDUSTRIAL DESIGNERS)))!

If you put three parenthesis around industrial designers then I can't even begin to fathom the amount required around (((((((((((modern artists)))))))))))

That value is outside the computable set.

Yeah, then how does Apple keep it's products looking aesthetically pleasing with component arrangement and black soldermasks. Or is it just me, and normies don't like Apple's boards too? Fucking normies.
A good industrial designer would design bare engine to look sleek and clean, with perfectly put tubes and accessible wiring, it wouldn't look like a mess at all and surely would impress semi-normies who sometimes open their hood to check oil levels. A cheap plastic cover actually is a virue sign of shitstain mess under it as it also means that this car is an unrepairable cucksumerist planned obsolescence bucket of bolts.

Spotted the newfaggot here, I bet you think Thinkpad is "ugly" because /g/edditors told you so. Actually, new Thinkpads released after X300 are both ugly and unfunctional, especially *20 series with it's weird-shaped ESC and DEL keys, non-responsive volume and power buttons "classic keyboard" kek

gookvidia

You clearly have never seen a deep blue mask if you sing the praises of yellow

Thinkpads are a great achievement of function that is form. I've never even owned a thinkpad and I don't post in TPG threads.
t.not him

Deeb blue screams 2005 much. Yellow is more of early 90's VCR touch, I prefer the latter.

LIES! YOU ARE ME!

hahaha you damn spook!
t. not spook

gookvania

I'd rather be autistic than retarded.
The design of the stupid plastic shell on top of the board has nothing to do with the design of the board itself.

Actually, fair point. Didn't think of that.

What software is this? I want it.

It's not 1 percent. It's more like 10.