AMD lets you disable PSP in UEFI

New firmware updates for AMD boards now allow you to turn off the PSP, a security feature that many have raised concerns about due to its closed source code. While the Intel Management Engine has had numerous exploits and vulnerabilities published, the PSP has not been demonstrated to be a vector for attack, but nevertheless concerns were warranted. Now that AMD is helping users disable it, there is no reason for a security-conscious user to chose Intel over AMD.

Other urls found in this thread:

raptorcs.com/TALOSII/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off with your FAS-deformed head and blogspam, Larabel.

But other then that good move on AMD

I just don't believe that one bit. (((They))) don't compromise.

When will coreboot have this feature?

This is actually an amazingly smart move from AMD. Not that it even means anything but it's enough to placate the redditors. Calling it now, the button does nothing.

how do you even use PSP? with intel ME you can see the device and there's intel software to configure it and use it. i haven't seen any documentation or any information whatsoever on how to use PSP.
it would be one way to see if it's disabled. if ME was disabled or nuked with me cleaner you shouldn't be able to see it or use the intel software to configure it.

No one knows, I guess no one even bothered to try.

Ya I am sure that toggle totally does something. We can trust the NSA.

Damn, AMD, you looking sexy as hell now.

ya this definitely puts amd on the top of intel, atleast for the latest hardware.

i trust me cleaner a hell of a lot more but you have to buy a bunch of shit for that and take a risk of bricking the board.

meant

Good. Now all they have to do is get Samsung and Hynix to lower RAM prices back to reasonable levels and I might not return my Threadripper I bought on Black Friday.

Meanwhile UEFI is still a severe security liability in itself.

yep

Do I have the source code to see if it works has said or that if there isn't any other conditions ?
No ?
Then there's nothing to be trusted.
raptorcs.com/TALOSII/

It's a smart move only for gullible plebeians.

If by sexy you mean bloated garbage then yes it's sexy.

This

Then who was phone?

The ghosts of the cyber police.

Intel ME has been reverse engineered far enough to prove in works.

but tho how do i disable (((U)))EFI tho?

wait is that what your BIOS looks like?
lmfao

You're just mad jelly over my all free GPU drivers on GNU/Linux and the fact that my CPU isn't cucked (still poppin with dat 8370).

I bet you run M$ shit, don't you? Fucking luser.

Fun bait but whatever.
You mean the one that AMD made and still requires mandatory blobs ?

hmm i had this months ago when i got my board...
i did do BIOS update then

I'll wait and see if it actually completely disables the thing. If it's true there's no reason to use intel shit anymore

well played AMD

It's just like the kill-bit for Intel's ME!

At least it fucking works, unlike nvidia shit.

Are YOU not convinced????