CALIFORNIA IS TURNING INTO A DESERT

New Aerial Survey Identifies More Than 100 Million Dead Trees in California

archive.fo/WCRBq

Karma at its best. White Americans turned California from a desert into a pretty decent place to live, and now that beaners from Mexico and Central America are trying to take California back, it's rapidly turning into a desert again.

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2015-05-26/why-they-grow-thirsty-alfalfa-in-parched-california
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_American_Chestnut_Foundation
youtube.com/watch?v=HRh2q-SFYF0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was always mainly desert in the south. The only reason it's an agricultural power is because it was near the shipping docks. It was more expensive to move food from further inland to the docks than to use insane amounts of water and fertilizer to grow the food nearer to the coast in the arid sands of california.

As fertilizer and water increase in value california will return to it's natural state of being a shithole full of brown people.

Ice Age Now

I was about to say, this is bark beetle not drought. Bark beetle is killing trees by the millions even where water is plentiful. There is no way to stop it.

Kikes and cucks, its always kikes and cucks

sounds good fam

I don't imagine those commiefornia faggots allowing any sort of chemical sprays to kill those either.

obama and his ZOG will be sacking the country prior to Mr. Trumps ascendance no doubt

They're heading into a 600 year drought or something.
It's a regular cycle.

this.
the area was settled when it was unusually wet, stupid leftists took over escaping the East. then it all went gay from there

DAILY REMINDER THAT (((THEY))) ARE ENGINEERING THESE DROUGHTS

the kikes are using beetles all over to control us filthy goyim. primarily i think to increase population density to control more people. here in Minnesota they brough us the emerald ash borer in the early 2000s which essentially killed every ash tree, and then around 2010 they brough in the japanese beetle that eats fuckin everything (my mom gave up on her literally prize winning rose bush after 2 years of japanese beetles attacking it).

Coloradan here, any chemical to kill the beetle has a pretty good chance to kill the tree too. If they had a fire to cleanse the forest, however..

and just up north from you, Dutch Elm disease is killing tonnes of trees in Manitoba and Northern Ontario.

No, California has a lot of land with a Mediterranean climate and that makes our wineries and similar imported agriculture work. A lot of this shit just wouldn't grow right elsewhere outside of greenhouses.

Dutch Elm already killed all the Elms in the US a number of decades ago, they have no food here anymore.

There is always a way.

California can grow fruit in November. That's why they do it, end of story. California is not agriculturally productive, and any value the soil in the Central Valley once had is long gone. As for wineries? Well, enjoy Napa while it lasts, soon you'll only be able to grow Zinfandel there LOL

cucks btfo

At this rate we'll be forced to follow the Georgia Guidestones and reach the 500 million mark. As long as its all white people and no Jews to rule over us, it's not a terrible idea, but things are likely going to get really really bad before they get better.

California was a desert before irrigation.

Forester here.

You can control bark beetle outbreaks by maintaining proper stocking levels in your stand, depending on site index. This prevents trees from getting stressed, allowing them to be able to pitch out the beetles before they start tunneling into the tree.

You're right somewhat though, once an area has been infested they won't leave until they've killed most of the trees.

They should have been thinning and harvesting, or allowing fire to move through their stands a long time ago.

When I was a kid we lived in an affluent neighborhood near Lake Harriet in south Minneapolis. All the streets were lined with Dutch Elms on either side and formed these huge natural archways. It was fucking beautiful.

Along with the death of the Dutch Elms most of the affluence moved away, and now it looks like most generic pozzed ghettos with dilapidated homes and graffiti. It is fucking sad what Jews get away with doing to us gentiles.

South Dakota learned that lesson in the 80s when Custer State Park caught fire. Now they let wildfires burn out themselves for the most part; instead of letting decades worth of fuel build up on the forest floor.

SOON

Every street in the northeast and midwest was lined with Dutch Elms until they were all killed the country over.

Oy vey, better keep draining all the water out of the state to feed some small pond with rare useless fish!

Enough of your shit-tier meme.

Man, that's a shame. The first picture looks a lot like our white European neighbourhoods, too.

Why did they do that?

___
Remember to use a VPN when posting here. At least one mod is corrupt and bans spuratically for no reason.

Let's spread the meme that this is God's punishment for the Sanctuary Cities and degeneracy more generally.

also checkem

That's fucking beautiful.
It makes me so fucking mad what our parents and grandparents let go.
This great land was not theirs to neglect they were supposed to preserve and protect it.
They had a duty to pass it on to us better than they got it and instead we've been left with an ugly urbanized country that is being overran with minorities.

Fuck the boomers and fuck the jews.
They deserve to die for what they've done to America.

I'm excited for Calexit. Get 'em the fug out.

I agree.

Looks like the wall will have to be extended.

Sorry but Cali-Cucks use 40% of their water to grow alfalfa which get THEN SHIPPED OVER TO CHINA.

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2015-05-26/why-they-grow-thirsty-alfalfa-in-parched-california

Let's be clear, no one caused Dutch Elm Disease. It spread from the far east to North America, killing a number of trees there, before spreading to Europe and killing tens of millions of elms, if not hundreds of millions. The same is true in North America, and this happened over the course of an entire century. Many things could have been done (bark beetle is a known vector, resistant cultivars exist, etc.), but nobody wanted to pay the money, so we let them all die.

That money was instead spent on killing white Germans, or Vietnamese people, or shitskins, etc.

Denying boomers their social welfare is punishment enough. These morons spent their whole life thinking big government was mommy. Let's take mommy away, why don't we?

Can't wait to move and say "hope you die in earthquakes and hellfire" to all of these libshits and mexicunts I live with. Ben Garrison awaits me.

Thought almonds were our main agricultural export.

Woah, no wonder bukake is a fetish over there.

What would take to kill the disease? Nano bots?

what does this mean? please explain

Notice they leave out how many trees total there are. They leave out number of new trees now growing. They imply it is drought, but reality is trees die from many causes - and they always regrow. They don't say types of trees.

This is alarmists BS - the drought is a scam. It's designed to make an "emergency" so that the government can steal water rights from farmers.

Where you at?
I'm in SFV

It used to be mostly white when I was a kid.
Now I can go a whole week without seeing a white face or hearing English.

Wait. How about we inject hot steam into the bark to kill the injects?

In the meantime Caliphornian caliph Hussein II got a lifetime appointment.

No, you simply dominate the almond market. But a lot of that has to do with Iranian sanctions.

Fungicide or pesticide.

This kills the tree.

What about this? Would this kill the fungus?

Yes, now go forth, Johnny Appleseed, use your fungus-blasting laser on all of the hundreds of millions of trees affected!

Seriously though, this is a massive issue that can only be dealt with through specific biological/chemical interjection. Research could be done on the vectors for Dutch Elm, or the fungi specifically, in order to find species-specific biological processes that can be interrupted with a certain chemical intermediary. It really isn't all that hard, just time-intensive, and thus, labor-intensive, and thus, cost-intensive.

If someone donated the money, research could commence (on any number of blights). There's not much money to be made outside of agribusiness mechanized farming and the pharamaceutical industry, though. So no one will invest, ever.

Eurofag here. If this happens I'm moving over. And don't hit me with "fuck off we're full" coz you aren't.

Of course, the major concern here lies in the fact that such compounds can interrupt a process in bark beetle, for instance, but could mess with a completely different process in humans. Most of the time, these chemicals are dumped en masse and enter the water supply through runoff, so this is a huge hindrance, trying to find chemicals/compounds that only affect the targeted population. The same can be said about nanotechnology, but I think that will be the future simply because we can program them specifically. It just then becomes a matter of programming a failsafe in each nanobot so it doesn't "evolve."

I would say the more likely scenario is not trying to fix the Earths environment and just building our own environments off the Earth.

Climate Change and Global Warming and Resource Depletion is real. Its only trading on genocide for another.

Would have beennperfect had i not missed an e

I'm of the belief that we're going to reach the singularity someday in the not so far future without the kikes, so it's not all that pressing. But it is an issue that exists, I dunno why the right loves to ignore it.

Southern California was always desert until the locals stole/diverted water to start farms and ranches.

Good thing we're not talking about southern California then.

Use illegal migrants as slave labor. There are millions of them.

Or we could use robotics and employ whites to build them, deploy them,and repair them.

California IS a desert, historically, you often have centuries-long draught there.

beaners sucking up the water, time for them to go home to messihole.

WOW! Aren't those faggots supposed to be environmentally conscious???? That's simply disgusting.

Well, there is also Alabama, Mississipi, Georgia, and Florida, but they have an issue of disappearing fruit.

It's possible for Elm's to make a comeback in the US.

The Princeton Elm is highly resistant to Dutch Elm disease. There was a 200+ year old Elm in Princeton that was a majestic tree. 50 years ago some arborist used a cutting from that elm to start propagating and selling Elm trees. As it turns out, that elm tree has some natural resistance to dutch elm disease - so most of the Elm's from that nursery managed to survive into present day.

You can get Princeton Elm saplings on the internet for reasonable prices.

sfv fag representing, user speaks truth

Some sites are better for growing certain species of trees. Site index is a measure of that. Essentially how big the tree is at a given age, determined by measuring and coring trees with a dominant crown class free from prior suppression found on that site.

Stocking is how many trees you have, how far they are spaced, and your basal area per acre. Basal area per acre is used to estimate stocking because it is a function of how much crown area you have. Competition for sunlight occurs up in the crown.

Put simply, sites that are better (get more sun, have more water, better soil, ect) can grow more trees, more closely spaced, while crappy sites need less trees with further spacing.

When a crappy site is overstocked, the trees become stressed and in some cases release turpines and other chemicals into the air indicating that stress, which in turn signals bark beetles to attack.

Holy shit, nigger, the kikes are trash but they can't control fucking nature.

>not Feinstein

I will never forgive the jews for doing this.

Your post is shit-tier
Fuck off jew.

Kek. We really gotta wall them off.

Another forester reporting in.

There are many DED-resistant elm varites grown today from two closely related species- naturally resistant siberian elm lines and american elm lines from resistant survivor stock.

Today's american elm varities grow like weeds(ones here in the midwest don't stop growing until first frost) and are extremely drought and pollution resistant. The elm-lined city streets of our grandfathers and great-grandfathers will return.

/autism

ps: If you folks really want to rage, read about what happened to the American Chestnut.

They don't even know if that fucking fish is still alive.
The last time they were surveyed they found like 3 living fish or something.
Our government is ran by psychopaths who think a tiny fish on the verge of death is more important than human beings.

Are there any Dutch Elms left anywhere on Planet Earth? An are there any preventive measures on keeping them from dying off again, without any need for budgets and all those gubmint gibs and jew shekels, you know Making Nature Great Again, for free?

Pic 1 related. Not Cali, but Western part of US.

I blame the people. The population in California really bloated up in the last 50 years, and people are using up water for drinking, taking a bath, and watering their lawn.
Pic 2 related, the population multiplied by 8 since 1940, and the land with that climate cannot sustain it.

So, a healthy tree keeps the pests away?

post a summary of it, so people here can savor and taste the rage right now, fueling our motivation to rid ourselves of these hook nosed insects later on.

Just look at the landscape around that reservoir . It's a fucking desert. Always been a desert. I grew up near a lake/reservoir on the east coast, and all along the bank were trees, bushes, grass, etc. Because the east coast isn't a fucking desert.

The American Chestnut got nearly exterminated by blight.

Yes, we have disease resistant cultivars which should be fine. It would be a matter of reestablishing populations, but then there's also the concern that such a cultivar is susceptible to some other pest. There are much more pressing concerns in forestry and horticulture, I believe. You'll probably live to see cavendish banana go extinct, as we already lost gros michel banana. We almost lost papaya not too long ago as well if it wasn't for Monsanto GM… and there's honey bee colony collapse disorder (glyphosate poisoning).

Just want to point out that while there is definitely a major problem many enviro-freaks and media liars will try to trick you with pics like pic 1 where the before pic is in spring after the melt and the after is late summer. I'm not saying that's the case with this pic, it might not be, but people should watch out for that kind of manipulation because it happens often with the cult of global warming. Especially with glaciers.

From what I can tell (((someone))) fucked up and brought some trees from japan that were sick and introduced the blight to north america.

Apparently our chestnut was considered the best in the world.
Then the blight came and wiped out 4 billion in about 40 years.
As such there are only tiny pockets of the tree left and it's barely surviving anywhere.

Aren't kiwis fucked up too?
I read that somewhere once…

You're forgetting all the messcans, a quarter of messihole is squatting in America leeching resources.

I think the industry could be stunted by whatever disease is spreading among kiwifruit, but I doubt it's such a concern that kiwifruit would be economically unfeasible to grow. They could just move production to a region that doesn't support the disease or its vectors. Also, kiwifruit can be selected for resistance when cropping a field. The problem with the banana industry is that all bananas are clones of one genetic ancestor, and thus all susceptible very specifically… and that the vectors for Panama Disease exist the world over already. The same is not true for whatever is blighting kiwis…

But, they're reliant on honey bees, and bees are very seriously in danger, so that's an issue. Other insect pollinators exist, but they suck. Mechanical pollination is a joke, too.

It's like pottery.

*brown horde

It's been over a century since it happened and resistant varieties are only starting to undergo widespread planting.

It's going to take another one before things look the way they were again.

When there were still chestnuts everywhere, an average squirrel hunter's daily bag was in the double digits.
These days, a lucky man who hunts in a beech grove can maybe get five.

Fuck plant importers. Fuck every last one of them.

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…

Jack Frost nipping at your nose
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimos
Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe
Help to make the season bright
Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow
Will find it hard to sleep tonight

/Problem

Same as what currently happens to the White Race over the whole Western World due to the unrelenting stream of mudslimes, niggers and spics.

Yep, healthy trees can produce more pitch, which gushes out and traps the beetles when they try to bore in, preventing them from infesting the tree.

only here 6 years and I've seen it get better, then get inexplicably worse in the last 3 years.

t. noho fag

We're timid pussies that's why.

I'm growing chestnuts right fucking now and they're tearing the earth a new asshole.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_American_Chestnut_Foundation

Let's get trump to push to bring back the Chestnut! It would make him look good with the green folk.

I'm hoping it due to the planet ejecting that filth tumor. I want my fucking lake back!!

I don't think Il can be saved, unless Trump plans on completely getting rid of Chicago I wish a nigga would

You better get in and buy a fuckload of guns. Ditch that nogunz bullshit, and stock up on hot lead cause you know that dark plague is going to follow you.

God fucking damnit, never in my life have i even been this fucking made about a god damn tree and wood before.

BUT GOD FUCKING DAMNIT IM FUCKEN ASS MAD RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Fucking this, can we please fucking do this? it will make those fucking libtards shut up about muh environment, and it will be a good way to bring back an america mother fucken classic.

and now their entire state is dying
how are liberals so bad at everything?

Fuck that shitty fish. There's a reason why that it's dead, it can't adapt. Fucking Californians think they're above nature.

In b4 California becomes greater Israel

Good on you user. I'll do the same. Restoring a civilization, one tiny step at a time.

The south used be covered in dense oak forest. Gold miners cut most of it for various things.
The more likely reason is the horrendous water management in the farmlands. When it rains they pump all they can, saving none for next year. There's nothing stopping the retards from doing this.

Do you faggots not have inductive reasoning? Are you people only capable of taking information in the way that it's told to you and feeling the need to express your anger over it without giving it a second thought? I mean, maybe I'm just jumping into this and I'm missing the point, but you guys seem to be upset that a place doesn't look as good as it could be. Without reverse-image-searching this, I don't even know if this is supposed to be the same remote area.

The bottom shows new trees recently planted in the same places. Wouldn't it make sense that trees are regularly replaced before their size gets out of control given its placement? Yeah, the top looks amazing, but at the very least, it's obvious that the bottom will look like that come a few decades. I wouldn't be surprised if what you see here, if we take it at face value, is the most efficient way of giving a suburban neighborhood this look.

Nigger, what are you talking about? Dutch elm trees look nothing like those oak trees. These trees were native to North America and adapted specifically for that soil type which is why they grew as tall as they did. Those new trees will never be as majestic as the dutch elm, and yes, eventually they might be that size, but it'll take three times as long, if that.

Any non-Californian posting ITT is a moron.

Wasted Complex Dubs. Califags need to succeed so we can nuke them into space and throw the rest into the Mantle.

Well, user, you know a lot more about trees than I do for sure, but would you also happen to know why they were replaced with different trees? Also, without me looking to see for myself, I will ask you- is it objective that they won't be as "majestic"?

No one caused it… a disease just killed them, and no one wanted to spend the money to stop it. We just lament the anti-environmentalism of boomers who would have rather spent the money killing white people in Germany.

Reported for hoax.

Are you certain that's what the image is about?

The image shows a street with Dutch Elm trees before they went extinct, which is shown in the after picture. I don't know what else it would be about, I simply posted it because they were all killed by disease and it was unfortunate.

Are you fucking stupid or something? You can go to the library and read about the Dutch Elm to your heart's content.

smh neocon kile oil shill
The climate shouldnt be politicized, but something needs to be done about it. The left coopted environmentalism and made it gay.

Wtf is this, Critical Theory 101?

Nigger the trees were beautiful and through carelessness and negligence we lost them.
To those who appreciate nature and aesthetic beauty in a neighborhood and not an "urban jungle" it is a tragedy.
That and only that is our point.

Some people seemed to have misinterpreted your post to be simpler than what you meant for it.

Not an argument

Why, is there something wrong with critical thinking?

So what you're saying is that you can't refute what I'm saying?

Trees are false flag kike hologram crystals
t. Sinead

Who said that?

What even are you saying?

Do you seriously not know what critical theory is, or are you just pretending to be retarded?

Okay then, let's hear your take on it. What is the reason for you being so ridiculously incredulous about dutch elms?

Mesas are ancient tree stumps which giant jews chopped down because reasons.
t. Sinead

Introducing foreign pests to spread a blight is not hard.

It's a shit idea to plant trees that close to roads, when the roots come up it fucks everything.

It is good they were chopped out.

I'm not being "incredulous", you guys are just upset about society moving on from their mistakes and lashing out at me for poking at the subject.

meh, you have a poinit

my father believes that nonsense mesa giant tree flat earth stuff. it's unfortunate

Eat shit commie scum.

I'm saying I don't give vermin like you the time of day.

He's saying nothing.
It is gibberish meant to confuse you and entice you into endless arguments about nothing in particular.
This is what Marxists do.
Don't waste your time.

We're not upset about "society moving on from their mistakes." We're lamenting the loss of trees. Jesus christ, cure your autism.

Anti-tree is code for anti-white. The spiritual connection to nature is very white. Look at how Africans treat animals. Even the Chinese who are intelligen, but lacking in that love of nature. Look at what beaners do to their forests and exotic animals.

It is very possible to strike a balance between an iindustrial society and the needs of nature tbh.

critical theory (cultmarx, political correctness, etc.) != critical thinking, you stupid fucks

What does critical thinking have to do with Communism?
Wait, why are you assuming that I'm a commie and using it as an excuse to not answer my question in the same post? I'm just trying to get a better hold of the conversation because, like I said, I probably missed the point of what was being talked about.

Thanks for filling me in ;)

reminded me to make this.

There are actually other varieties of bee which pollinate in areas not dominated by the western honey bee and which are thus far unaffected by colony collapse, so they could substitute as pollinators in areas of south america and africa, as well as most of australia and the indopacific landmasses.

Is that a suppository?

have some original comment

This is why California has those Agricultural Inspection Stations on the border coming into the state. If you are bringing any sort of tree, bush or plant that is going into the ground, it has to be cataloged and then given a full inspection by the county where it to be planted.

Im pretty sure your post is related to that.

Florida also has these Agricultural Inspection Stations as well, but they're for both going in and out of the state. The CA Inspection Station Officer explained to me that it was to make sure bullshit from South America (mostly) doesn't get in a infect the rest of the country, for reasons also likely related to your post.

nice

naw

Geoengineering And The Dying Of The Trees
youtube.com/watch?v=HRh2q-SFYF0

This video by Dane Wigington is worth a watch. This guy is a true Ubermensch. He describes what is going on in the Northern Californian forests. The issue is not so much drought as it is immune system failure of the trees, which can't defend themselves against insect infestations and fungal outbreaks.

The good news just keep coming in the current year don't they

The San Andrea fault is enlarging, sipping the remaining water, preparing the long overdue earthquake which will eject California into the Pacific Ocean.

We had to take out a couple of Pine & Cedar Trees (old Christmas trees we put in the front and back yard) beacuse of these beetles.

They bore into the tree and it leaks sap.

I wonder how this effects all the farmland that has fruit and nut bearing trees?

Yep. I live south of the bay and all of the pine and cedar on my property is dead. Bored into by the beetles and then rotted.One of them fell on my house before I actually realized I needed to chop them all down.
Pretty disturbing shit honestly.

If it is easy to store and transport, why not just grow it elsewhere?
Also, maybe we could look to restrict foreign exports of crops (especially those that use the most water) grown in states with droughts.

They have to grow alfalfa. Nitrogen fixation is crucial to any field because it fixates nitrogen in the soil, so their only alternative would be to find organic matter or other fertilizer, which is much more expensive than a quick alfalfa crop.

Sorry, meant "crop rotation is crucial to any field, and that's because it helps to replenish nutrients in the soil, especially nitrogen."*

I should proofread.

Don't go there faggot. Animal agriculture uses way more water than people taking showers ever could. You are a sub-saharan nigger.

There are 7,300,000,000 trees in California.
OP is a fag and so are the media.

100% of lead-pillers have no complaints after taking their proper dosage.

Bark beetles may seem horrifying but they arent as apocalyptical as people may think.
In bavaria/germany we wanted to leave greater parts of forest to themselves as part of a rewilding project, soon great hordes of beetles emerged from the unkempt woods and started to gnaw on valuable and old forestparts.

A great controversity was sparked whether to safe the old woods or to not break on the projects aim and let the beetles do what nature intended them to do.
The latter was chosen and even though the beetles indeed decimated the forest to a great extend, dimnishing many decades old tree stocks, their shit turned out to be an incredible efficient fertilizer and now new trees are growing quiet fast and well.

wait does putting sage into the email field not how it works? please tell me Holla Forums hasn't been like this the whole time.

havent read thread (fuck all of yuoz cunts aye) but im pretty sure this is because of greenie's doing stupid shit aye?

poloite sage

the question is:
will our progeny be half-fish;
or half-woman?

Naturally, but is alfalfa the least water-intesive way to do this?

In that pic, you can still see what height the lake was initially at. Only a fraction of the dry shore is walled, suggesting that was the original shoreline when the road was built.

One way to look at it, kill off california to make it a poison pill so the spics will go away.

kek

Yeah, we have lots of them here in Brazil. The beetles apparently can't survive in very warm climates.
Our pine trees and palm trees are being destroyed by disease, though.
There's only like 20 pure emperor palm trees left, at the start of the last century there were hundreds of thousands.

Whites are the only ones who are fit to curate land. I mean real whites, not midwestern consumerist fatasses who ought to get gassed. Browns and shitskins just ruin everything they touch. They were given the most fertile and beautiful lands on the planet and they turned them all into hellscapes, be it desert or smog-ridden cities, sprawling slum and favela, trash-filled wasteland, throwing shit and trash and dead bodies all over and into rivers, tearing down forests until you get sweltering arid wasteland, or you get war torn shitholes or cartel run fields of death and crime. If we want to save the planet we need to put a bullet in the head of every last shitskin.

The more humans tamper with nature, the more they ruin it. When has importing a foreign species EVER resulted in anything but horror? You need to respect and support nature as it is, not play god while half-cocked and ignorant.

Mango trees are pretty good fam. Except for that, I have to agree. Shit skins destroy everything they see to make more money for dem drugs.

The problem with Commiefornia's drought policy is that during the rainy season (the closest thing we have to winter down here) the forestry service puts out all the little wild fires that start up. Then when it's summer, all the dry spots are now extra dry and begging to go up in flames, taking thousands of times the amount of somewhat dry trees with them, creating these huge infernos that destroy hundreds of homes every year.

We could prevent all these massive forest fires if we just did nothing and let nature take its course. The redwood trees (and I'm sure several other native species) have evolved around forest fires, developing thick fire retardant bark and pine cones that open when the temperature rises significantly.

We keep shooting ourselves in the foot, year after year because we can't accept that the blazes are part of nature and that despite our best efforts, the fire rises.

-t. Commiefornian

This reeks of bad administration.

It's clear there weren't enough investments in infrastructure to prevent the lack of water, to start reforestation before we arrived at such a critical state, and population control of plagues.

One can't foretell when a plague will hit though, or which plague out of those the species are prone to. One can, anyway, understand the plagues the area is more inclined to be subjected to and as such improve conditions that would act against that (there are probably other factors that did influence the reproduction and expansion of these beetles' population, which could be controlled).

The lack of water seems to be an important complication, see

You can't just sustain usage of the same sources, when the rain that drops in the region isn't enough to provide for flora, fauna, farming and human consumption. No amounts of dams would circunvent this if the speed at which it recharges is lower than the speed at which it's consumed. Digging artesian aquifers only deepens the problems in such circunstances, as happened in Brazil's São Paulo drought of 2014 (and ongoing) and Syrian drought of 2006 (and ongoing), which were further aggravated by digging of wells.

Reforestation should be a priority, along with desalination of sea water. Why isn't california investing in that yet?

This. Stop getting triggered for confusing concepts.

True. Wild fires are an important part of the natural systems that maintain and sustain the environment.

Soulless nigger/chink discovered.
You have to go back.

What happened to the beetles after they ate the trees?

they formed a giant voltron like beetle robot and left the planet to explore outer space.

wtf do you think happened? they ate all of their food and starved to death.