Untitled

Attached: 7.jpg (1000x900, 450.19K)

It happened again. I thought about her. I wish these thoughts would stop.

>>834143866Time makes you forget

Attached: 7360.jpg (700x420, 14.96K)

>>834144161Thank you for the words of encouragement, user

>>834145122Nothing much I can do anyways

>>834143715i want her to akkarun my balls over with a buick regal

>>834143715>I bet I will see a caterpillar and a flirt pretty soonsomething like thatbut it wasn't a caterpillar,but a earthwormand it was from 1996 I guess

Attached: 1596169951835.jpg (900x1613, 536.41K)

>>834145207-_->>834145242That caterpillar of yours doesnt look like oneI'm pretty sure they dont have tits or ass

How's everybody doing tonight/today?

Attached: Ee1oP0DUEAAJOnn.jpg (1061x634, 92.84K)

>>834145509Busy studying for some exam I have to take for my program. The monotony of the current world has made the days blend together and made it difficult to keep up with my study schedule.

>>834146335Any plans or ideas on how to remedy that?

Attached: 0fc8e98942f9c97110c7b2f5f8601277--blue-art-jayden.jpg (474x328, 21.71K)

bump

Attached: Red-Rose-Fragrance-Oil.jpg (900x900, 119.49K)

Attached: books-521812297.jpg (2375x1786, 845.91K)

>>834146535Just gotta try to get more structure back in my schedule. It's my first try, and I get a couple more after. The strategy is to take it the first time to get a feel for the exam and it's all based on previous knowledge anyways. So if I pass this time, that'll be a nice bonus but if I don't it'll get me ready for the second time.

>>834150036Well, at least the multiple tries thing is good, assuming it doesn't cost extra. About how long until your exam?

Attached: Captain Tucker.jpg (500x357, 78.09K)

Slow day, huh

>>834150581Definitely is, yeah.

>>834151131I'll be unslowing things down in a minute, just gotta get somewhere.

>>834150128A week. I've been preparing for the past few months, last month was when my schedule got messed up. And yea, it doesn't cost me money. Thanks for the convo, Holla Forumsro. I'm gonna sign out for the night to get a head start on things tomorrow.Btw, love the RvB pics. Brings back memories

Last night, I watched the original 1977 The Hills Have Eyes. Enjoyed it. It holds up. Good level of victim family and mutant family. Plot isn't even that ridiculous as the Pack is basically just modern day Indians who happen to raid people when possible. They aren't abnormally strong or anything. And they speak frequently and have personalities. Tonight, I watched the sequel, fittingly called The Hills Have Eyes Part II. Completely hated it. It's worthless. We spend forever on the victims and very little time on only two bad guys! We don't even start anywhere near the desert; it takes fifteen minutes of just worthless developing of bland stereotype characters in the city before they get into the hot zone. One of the antagonists returns from the first movie, somehow surviving an ambiguous death, but he no longer has any personality whatsoever. And the new antagonist has even less personality and is just a generic "if I see the protagonists, I yell and try to kill them" enemy. Also, for some reason he's strong enough to crush people to death by hugging them and he wears this godawful metal plate for no reason. There is not a single redeeming quality to this film. Not a single second. Not a single idea. Not a single line. Not a single death. It's not even campy or anything like that. It just drains your soul.

>>834151203Oh, thanks. Yeah, lots of pretty solid RvB fanart. Lot of not so good ones as well though. Good night to you.

Attached: rvb_wash_doc_by_ajremix_d4xl53d-fullview.jpg (600x327, 23.01K)

>>834151672Very bad case of sequel-itis or whatever, huh? About how long after the first one was Part 2, and any idea how much of the original crew/writers was on it?

Attached: r_v_b_by_hummeri9_d8h0xwy-fullview.jpg (1024x710, 133.28K)

>>834152055Same writer/director, Wes Craven. And at around the same time he did a Nightmare on Elm Street, a good movie, so he wasn't washed up. It was just a few years after the first one. Three actors reprise their roles. One of them played a rebellious member of the family that defected to the good guys' side. They expect us to believe that a completely savage girl became completely normal in six years. Just terrible.

>>834152447That's a real shame about the apparent contrast between the two movies. Remake of the second one was apparently bad as well according to Wiki, remake of the first one was more mixed.Any idea what you might want to watch next?

Attached: Blue BG.jpg (1280x853, 155.27K)

>>834152650I had Mind Ripper up next. It was supposed to be the third The Hills Have Eyes, but for whatever reason they ended up writing it as its own thing instead. Craven didn't direct it and there are no shared actors. But after getting so badly burned, I might just skip it. If I do, next up would be the remake of the first The Hills Have Eyes, which I saw maybe ten years ago. The major difference between older slasher/horror movies like The Hills Have Eyes/Texas Chainsaw Massacre and their modern day remakes is that nowadays the focus is much greater on the level of torture and violence because they have substantially higher budgets. They no longer need to pad as much time with having the characters sit around and talk. Well, of course it's crappy and generally unnecessary, but honestly if I had to pick between long drawn out torture scenes or long drawn out characters making jokes and pranking each other while someone is trying to kill them, I'll pick the gore.

>>834152886Hm. Yeah, skipping Ripper might be a good idea. If you ever look at them, do you put any stock in IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes ratings? Obviously either could be review bombed I assume, but aside from that I don't know a ton about the rating systems of either. Hopefully you find some enjoyment in whichever you decide to watch.Also, ever have any interest in horror novels?

Attached: fu-meta-washington-and-doc-driving-remaster.jpg (1920x1080, 412.1K)

>>834153069>do you put any stock in IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes ratings?No. I don't care what other people think about things. I end up disagreeing with them too much of the time for it to be a profitable comparison. That being said, I guess when it comes to movies with a rating almost at the absolute bottom, I probably agree with them every time. But those are severe outliers. I remember when I used to be interested in video games, that I would have a different opinion to the majority of people on whether I liked or disliked X game maybe 8 times out of 10. Even when I liked video games, I disliked almost every video game I ever played. I don't like things that I consider a waste of time. So far as horror novels go, when I was young I read almost all of Stephen King's stuff. But I've put that childishness behind me. I do remember my first exposure to Lovecraft was Stephen King's Danse Macabre, which is a nonfiction work on the history of the horror genre from 1950-1980, with frequent digressions and tangents. If you didn't know, King is a huge Lovecraft fan. Then, at the age of thirteen, I read all of Lovecraft's stuff online and it really struck a chord with me. Gradually as I aged, I noticed all the pop culture references to Cthulu and the like and I felt such an intense pang of hipsterism that my knees buckled. There's nothing wrong with talking about Cthulu to the exclusion of certain others, but at least read the original source material and not just Wikipedia pages. The Wikipedia pages contains a good deal of Augustus Derelth fanfiction and the average person just doesn't know that. It makes me so mad.

>>834153592Either you played a bunch of bad games somehow or you weren't a fan of the kind of stuff video games tended to do, I suppose, whether story, gameplay, etc. Either is unfortunate, considering there's a lot of good ones out there in my opinion.And yeah, definitely a lot of Cthulu in pop culture. Lovecraft is something I've always kind of been meaning to take a look at, but never really actively sought out. There seems to be an online archive of his works, which ones would you recommend in particular?

Attached: D9g9jU3WkAMVQJa.jpg (900x1200, 80.39K)

This corona mask shit will actually drive me insane. I just biked for like an hour there and back because I fucking forgot a mask and can't order a coffee and some mcfuckingmuffins without onereealso hi everyone how's things

Attached: ree.jpg (774x764, 84.42K)

>>834153918Oh wow. Definitely a bad predicament, hope the rest of your day's not as tedious/bad.I'm alright, just looking for images and listening to/watching stuff.

Attached: D-MIfiXWkAA3bBv.jpg (1196x1200, 128.37K)

>>834154058Thankfully that's the end of my day for me, I'm a gay ass nightowl so I'll be sleeping in a couple hours, hopefully.What you watchin? >>834153592>>do you put any stock in IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes ratings?>No. I don't care what other people think about things.Good on you my dude, that's how shit should be.

>>834153842He really didn't write many pages altogether, it just looks like a lot because they're almost all short stories. So, if you ask me, there's really no excuse not to read his whole corpus if you like him. But for curating's sake, these are the best and definitive Lovecraft in my opinion:At the Mountains of MadnessThe Shadow over InnsmouthNyarlathotep The Music of Erich ZannThe Rats in the WallsThe Colour Out of SpaceThe Dunwich HorrorThe Dreams in the Witch HouseThe Dream-Quest of Unknown KadathI personally like At the Mountains of Madness more than The Shadow over Innsmouth, but the latter is really more indicative of his work. They're both quite good. And I have an abnormal liking of Dream-Quest. The Rats in the Walls is probably my favorite horror story of all time; Hawthorne's Young Goodman Brown would have been my pick if he had omitted a few individual sentences from the story that make the implications too on the nose. The Color Out of Space gets some flak because it's "lame," but I think it's the perfect story as representing the impossibility of understanding that Lovecraft is so reknowned for. I used to have parts of Nyaralathotep's poems memorized, but now I only have a single line in my mind.

>>834154162Watching some Trouble in Terrorist Town Gmod stuff.>>834154290Noted. Will take some time to check these and at least some of the rest out soon. Tiny bit of experience with horror short stories, although only from when I was younger and reading children's horror novels.

Attached: North.jpg (500x500, 76.17K)

>>834154384TTT looks fun to play, dunno how fun it is to watch. You watching a stream or a video?read the Cats of Ulthar (1920) too, it's a good one and really short and sweet and good.>>834154290>didn't include The Cats of Ultharwhat are you doing

Attached: 1595372405239.jpg (540x720, 81.97K)

>>834145007hey I know a black cat with green eyes where I work that looks very similar, but he/she has a different face. I do wanna adopt him/her because I miss having a cat. I'll try to post a pic of the cat, (nugget, is the name of the cat since I work as a wage slave at a fast food joint) and if I adopt it I'll post that as well.

>>834154473Watching a video. Haven't played it yet since I don't know if my laptop can handle Gmod, but it's part of a video series where a group of people play in a private server on a different map each video, and it's very entertaining in my opinion.Will add Cats to the 'initial' list as well.

Attached: Doc.jpg (393x500, 48.05K)

>>834154384If you take anything away from this conversation take these three things:1. Read "The Rats in the Walls" first.2. Read The Shadow Over Innsmouth" second.3. If you liked those, read everything he's done so you can decide what you like best for yourself. And hypothetically if you were still interested in his ideas after you first his firsthand works, feel free to read subsequent writings set within his universe. Just remember that he is not responsible for the terms, concepts, characters, or plots of anything he did not himself write. >>834154473The Dream-Quest is the perfect summation of all his Dunsany-esque stories. I left it out as non-essential, not as bad.

>>834154581How is The Cats of Ulthar not essential when it features the best animal unrelated but have you read The King in Yellow and would you recommend? I haven't gotten 'round to that one yet.>>834154569Man how old's your laptop? gmod's like over a decade old at this point isn't?

>>834154581Alright, noted.>>834154697I mean, not super old,maybe 2017 or 2016, but it doesn't seem to do super well with 3D games I think. Besides, due to school and stuff, not really the time to get into Gmod and all it has, and also not particularly good at shooters.

Attached: seek_by_virizona_db6x3u8-pre.jpg (1111x719, 38.56K)

>>834154697I'm sorry to say, but I haven't. To be honest, at this point I'm reluctant to because it's been so hyped up for me, I don't want to be disappointed. Two Lovecraft-related recommendations that I do have on hand are Arthur Gordon Pym and The Gods of Pegāna. Arthur Gordon Pym was the only completed novel by Poe and directly inspired At The Mountains of Madness. It's a very intriguing work in its own right. And The Gods of Pegāna heavily influenced the dream-stories of Lovecraft. Additionally, certain concepts like the universe being a dream within the nuclear godhead of the sleeping Azathoth is directly inspired from it. It's a very interesting piece that reads like a simple and to the point cultural document for a non-existent people in a non-existent place. When I have kids, it's going to be one of their books they remember from their childhood. Those are my rec's to you.

>>834154835Man I was expecting older. Then again it might depend on what's in it I guess. I haven't used a laptop for gaming in like a decade at this point but I didn't really play anything but RTS.Isn't gmod used for pretty much everything but proper shooters at this point anyway? Like I know people do prop hunt and TTT in that shit. Do people actually use gmod to shoot shit? >I don't want to be disappointedripI can't read Poe's shit and I blame my English lit classes. But I'll keep the other one in mind.

Attached: 1595957669390.jpg (750x737, 103.8K)

>>834155010>>834155128fuck, second half was for you, forgot to link the post lmao

>>834155128I mean yeah, the majority of Gmod isn't shooter-based. I remember watching videos of a few other game types a few years back, like Chimera Hunt, Tower, Deathrun, etc. I assume Gmod has some sort of gun game or traditional shooter deathmatch, but I don't know for certain.

Attached: 4579d4f8f0c5a6ea17e6b09d2e63a6e5--blue-and-rwby-red.jpg (474x663, 39.92K)

>>834155128>I can't read Poe's shitYour loss.

>>834155327no clue either, never played it always assumed it was for people to make weird shit using the HL2 engine>>834155377I dunno that I'm missin out on much

>>834155573There's a fair amount of the weird shit as well, based on random Gmod 'machinima' videos or screenshots I've seen from time to time. Also have not played either HL game, although I've heard a fair amount of good things. Both Portals, basically, and a little bit of TF2 are the only Valve games I've played I believe.

Attached: gp4fymv16s331.jpg (640x640, 37.92K)

>>834155573>I dunno that I'm missin out on muchHow much have you actually read?

>>834155697I played Portal 1 and it took me way too long because I'm retarded and suck at puzzles. Played a little bit of TF2 back when I was in some TeamSpeak server and they'd spend weekends fucking around on there. Tried to get into Half Life but got bored quick, not my type of thing. That's about what I've done with Valve games myself.>>834155789The Raven and Tell-Tale Heart were obvious ones we were given but also Annabel Lee and Eleonora. Liked about none of it, he writes like a gay faggot.

>>834156135Hm. I myself like puzzle games well enough, played the first 4 Professor Layton games as well, and I play some Iphone puzzle games fairly often.Played any other shooters? If you remember, what was it about HL that was boring?

Attached: EbZ2Q9iVcAAdTV6.png (727x681, 296.11K)

Are you American lads going to exercise your political franchise?

MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!!

>>834156309>any other shootersbunch of thingsCall of Duty until MW3 (including the first three WW2 ones which were damn good), tried getting back into the series when Advanced Warfare came around cause the idea of verticality and more movement sounded really good but then I realized it was still CoD and didn't stay long.Other proper shooters would be shit like the Quake games, Doom, Counter Strike (boring but keeps me busy), first FEAR game, Metro, Wolfenstein New Order (which was a severe disappointment), Killing Floor 2And then we got stuff with RPG mechanics in there: Deus Ex, Borderlands 2, System Shock, Prey, E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, Black Ice and Bioshock.fuck me that list is longer than I meant it to. I bet I'm missing things on there as well.>what was it about HL that was boring?I really wasn't engaged in the story and the fact I played it much later and with everyone screaming at me it was the best shit probably didn't help.

Attached: ERASQx0WkAghzQi.jpg (549x563, 44.2K)

MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!! MODS BAN THE RETARDED EVERYDAY SHIT!!

>>834156691Only played a tiny bit of Cod. What are E.Y.E and Black Ice? Heard pretty good things about Bioshock, Infinite aside somewhat.

Attached: 3bb.jpg (680x891, 133.94K)

>>834156773You've got some pretty bizarre holes in your resume if you've never played Bioshock in 2020.

>>834156773Haven't played Infinite, sky objectivism doesn't sound nearly as cool as underwater objectivism.>What are E.Y.E and Black IceE.Y.E is some source game that clearly went out of control at some point during dev. Cause we ended up with a full on RPG leveling system with the associated grind but also one of the most interesting shooters out there. It's mostly being dragged down by the AI that's dumb as a rock and some maps being much too large for what they were trying to do. But if you enjoy gibbing stuff with guns that only make sense in this universe and special abilities that are beyond broken, it's perfect. Also there's a completely insane story that is barely understandable but god is it well done.Black Ice is a little indie title being worked on by a couple dudes, it's an old school shooter in which you are a hacker and hacking is done by literally shooting defense systems represented by various enemies. They're still working on it but the progress thus far is promising. Also it's very colorful and fast. They have a gun system somewhat similar to what you'd get from Borderlands but not quite the part system, closer to just guns having a different manufacturer I guess. Also RPG elements, so guns and gear has levels and so do you, with the typical stat increases and a handful of passive modifiers you can unlock.

>>834157251Intriguing. E.Y.E does sound a bit messy but pretty interesting to play, and Black Ice also sounds pretty cool.

Attached: EKl1cleWkBojFBu.jpg large.jpg (1450x2048, 754.66K)

▲▲▲

>>834157543E.Y.E is pretty much always on sale and always worth grabbing then. Black Ice isn't worth its current price and I'd say wait on it to be finished, there's a free demo of it at least.