Tfw is literally much easier to simply spend six months and learn math, algorithms...

really make me think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDiB4rtp1qw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

heh, good one kiddo

why wasting your life doing spreadsheets at google when you can make more doing chinese little girls?

daaaaaamnnnn
explains it

also
manchild

???

are u low IQ?

wow, can't wait to reach a level that is above mediocrity.

yeah, but that niche has been filled. it's easy to deconstruct something after the fact.

Christ, that's the last fucking thing anyone needs. Touhou was a mistake.
Fuck ZUN and fuck Touhoufags.

What are they actually talking about?

I feel the same way about all the Hitler videos. It helps to lower the volume until you can barely make out what they say.

youtube.com/watch?v=WDiB4rtp1qw

What does this have to do with the other things?

op thinks watching a few hours of youtube tutorials means you know the language. I'm not even kidding this is like his 6th thread about this

Fuck off goon.

Completing a calculus textbook with over 1500 pages in three months would be miraculous. I attented a top university which taught in a fast pace and we didn't even get through half of it in a semester.

You don't just passively read it like any other book. You will get stuck, and you will have to think things over for a few days until you get a eureka moment. Not to mention that it requires absurd amounts of discipline and willpower, and mountains of review to make sure you don't forget what you have already learned a few months ago.

correct. in college i got the highest marks and i never even went to class or read any of the shit beyond skimming through it.

the new hip thing (since 2010) is to hire dropouts. though whether you get some 9-5 industrial programming job or hipster startup crap, it's still gonna be shit

You don't just 'read' textbooks, especially not in fields like maths, you 'work' through them. Just reading them would be pointless if you can not confidently apply what you learned from them. And gaining that confidence takes practice and experience.

This might be the wrong way to phrase it. It's easy to just regurgitate how the textbook tells you to do but it takes more to know how and why it works. If you haven't built up your foundation strong enough that's when you start to get stuck and you stop learning and potentially run into a brick wall.

I get good paying dev jobs all the time with an AS degree from an art college. Thing is, I have real world experience delivering on software projects and can prove it.

easier != profitable.

Please let us know when you do.

It's not really that hard.

90% of attention is distributed on 10% of the text.The good flip-side to this is that you can skim 90% of the text with just 10% of the attention.

You need to find and form proper mental analogues to the mathematical operations that you're doing. That's what I call "compiling the code" . Because 'compiled-code' runs faster. As it runs on the 'right side' of the brain. You could also just autistically apply the text-book rules and transformations in a shallow way, without any idea of why you're doing what you're doing other than "axiom nr. 1.1 and page 329 of the book says so", but, in the long rung, that won't get you very far. Incidentally, that's how normal-fags practice math. I call them 'lawyers'. Because I take the time to 'bind' all these fancy math-words to coherent mental-analogues (I 'see' the math-operation in my brain), the same way a musician might 'bind' in his mind the symbol of a note to a particular frequency of sound, I'm able do math quasi-synesthetically.
t. getting a math Phd.

Real numbers, derivatives, integrals and limits. Big fucking deal. Was doing that in the 10'th grade. (admittedly not the fancy stuff with limits of functions/uniform convergence/etc. )

For a NEET with nothing else to do, or someone with more time on his hands then responsibility, its definitely possible, albeit probably still at least 2 years for high level competence in computer science related stuff, and higher level maths. The thing with University is, you're juggling a good 4 or 5 classes at a time, a lot of them not even STEM related for the first two years; and on top of that you're only in the class maybe 3 days in the week at most. And yes I know you're supposed to spend at least 2x of the time you spend in class studying the material.
Though this is how it currently is in a formal setting, there's no reason to believe that this is the most efficient way to really learn the information. In the 2 years since I got my bachelors in CS, I learned a lot more than I did while in Uni.

Assuming someone has the drive, there's no reason they can't get by, by watching MIT lectures, and grinding through the curriculum, hiring tutors every now and then when they need extra attention, or clarification.

nobody cares unless you're working some boring enterprise job