Creating an Autonomous System for Fun and Profit

So Holla Forums, why haven't (You) become your own ISP yet?

Continues at blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/2017/11/creating-autonomous-system-for-fun-and.html

Other urls found in this thread:

deepdotweb.com/2017/12/06/interpol-cisco-team-fight-cybercrime/
archive.fo/c6oJ9
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I remember seeing this on front page of Hacker News a while ago.
It was really good post, would recommend for reading.

I don't get it. I feel like they left out the step where they actually connected themselves to the internet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't just use a different ISPs wiring to connect into the internet.

They're connected to the internet through HE.

Well what do you think the internet is?

So what would be the point of doing this compared to just using the ISP directly? It's not like you have any more control over the data since you and all your clients would still be passing through a different ISP.
Additionally how would people even connect to this ISP they built. Would they need to get another subscription from a different ISP so that they could make subscription to them?

GO BACK TO /R/SCIENCE YOU FUCKING POSER

sage denied.
That's why I was asking questions.

there must be a better way

They did not create a consumer level ISP. They just connected their server rack to the internet the hard way. They don't have clients, either. They are just a group of friends having some fun.

>Have to use backdoored C*sco or chink hardware because nothing else can interface with (((Interconnected Networks))) directly
[b]FUCK OFF, NIGGER[/b]
(((Internet))) and any other IP network is a direct descendant from ARPANET, a shit piece of hacks invented by three jews used by US military. It's not freedom or privacy respecting by defenition. Instead of larping as le ebik ISPs and buying AS permissions from IANA for neetbux, you'd better make a local physical meshnet with cjdns.

Imagine being this retarded

It's in the plans.

The master plan?

Tell me about CJDNS, why does he use the ipv6?

Physically impossible with the size of the US, will get lawyer'd the fuck out of existence the second telecoms get wind of it, and so on. I'd go on but something tells me you're just going to unironically say that everyone who doesn't hold your exact opinions is a kike shill.

Ffs stop feeding him.

Once you run your own AS, you don't connect to the internet. You are part of the internet and connect to the rest of the internet. To do so, you can either directly connect to other AS by peering, or send your data through another AS which is called transit.

To peer with other AS, you usually need to have a router at an IX (internet exchange), which is basically a datacenter with a huge network switch which many other AS at that datacenter connect their routers to. Using that switch, you can directly send your packets to your peering partners. If you have your own building nearby, you don't need to put your router in the datacenter, you can also just rent fibers to that datacenter. Peering is usually free because both parties benefit from not having to buy transit.

But peering only allows you to connect to the AS at that one IX. You'd need to have routers all over the world to reach all AS by peering, and to connect all your routers you'd need to rent lots of fibers, which is expensive. That's why you can buy transit. A transit AS gives you a 'default route' where you send all your packets that you can't directly deliver via peering. They'll take care of carrying your packets across the globe. To do so, they operate fiber networks all over the world and connect them to as many IX as possible.
For example, if you are an American ISP and your customers only occasionally access european and asian websites, buying transit is the cheaper option than operating your own global network. If you're Google and have datacenters and fibers everywhere anyway, you won't need transit.

When buying transit, you usually only pay for the data you send, not for the data you receive. That's why ISPs can afford to refuse to peer with AS like Netflix which mostly send data and receive almost none, even though chances are they've got their routers at the same IXs. If the data reaches the ISP via transit, the ISP doesn't have to pay for it. The ISP then can use its customers' demand to extort money for peering from Netflix.

I need the things to do that. I also don't want to pay up the ass by my landlord to Pau the wire. I also don't like stealing other people's money in the name of "profit".
Who knows, maybe I could get everybody in my trailer park to pool in funds to gather the infrastructure and connect it to the NSP.
I probably need about 500-600 meters of PVC pipe, Ethernet and about 25 meters worth of 2ftx8ft rubarb and concrete for going under roads. The tools I need is a entrenching tool and a jackhammer.
That's just to get the trailer park linked, now I need to link it to the NSP which I have not found the location to. After all of that I still need to pay for the NSP and the retarded landlord.
Why havn't you killed yourself.

There is about 30-40 working people in the park and I'm sure none of them want to fork the bill.

It doesn't even grow that big

Rebar, Reinforcing Bars. Not sure if I need to weld them together.

HE?

I don't want mesh network latencies.

HAS

Cisco backdoored? Nah, why would you think that?
>deepdotweb.com/2017/12/06/interpol-cisco-team-fight-cybercrime/
>archive.fo/c6oJ9

Those people are homeless and retarded. You'd need smart people, who don't do hard things for free. There's nothing wrong with profit, unless Jews are involved.

is a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.