Firefox Quantum

I noticed Firfox aggressively changing my search engine from searx to google. Pisses me off and looking at more lightweight alternatives.
What is your favourite browser?
What does user think about Firefox Quantum?

Other urls found in this thread:

greasyfork.org/en/scripts/2691-doodlegone/code
localhost//
*.google.*/*//
*.google.*/*//
lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Bi8HSHjvdWA/U6S9n302OoI/AAAAAAAAD9c/gxXC46BNoVQ/s0/logo11w50pc1.png//
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/12207-google-logo-reviver-firefox
twitter.com/flamsmark
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

qutebrowser
Also, your thread is autistic.

Quantum = sjw aids

unfortunately Chromium is sjw mega-aids

my fav browser is chrome
this is why:
if I accidentally set the search engine to ddg
chrome will humor me and go along with it
but if I type in a wrong url and get a chrome "wtf is this even page"
it has a tiny little link
that invites you to use a search engine instead
but not just any search engine, and not your configured search -- it is google search!
small touches of care like that make me feel loved by the devs

I'm sure google loves you

oo qutebrowser looks pretty cool. Time to learn vim

For lightweight stuff like parsing html in emails I use w3m.
For image boards I'm working on an application that I can use to browse them.
For everything else right now I use firefox, but might eventually switch to something like w3m for general bowsing.

imageboards in terminal would be cool. w3m doesn't play well? not much xp in w3m

...or you could just use an user.js file to solve your issue instead since you'll no doubt go back to using a major browser after trying the less than fully compliant alternatives.

Any firefox, quantum or not, is crap and has been for at least 3 years. Iridium or ungoogled-chromium is the least "botnetty".

Using qutebrowser helped me learn to hjkl instead of arrows in vim.

Opera.

It's fast and it's free software.

Hi Holla Forums . One of my favourites Greasemonkey scripts is "Doodlegone", which removes google "doodle" (the annoying thing that is in place of the logo sometimes and which most of the time is filled with leftism propaganda) and replaces it with a plain logo

Well, now with FF Quantum, it doesn't work anymore. It did before the update, and it works fine in Icecat.
The code is very short and simple, would you lend me a hand with this?

greasyfork.org/en/scripts/2691-doodlegone/code
// ==UserScript==// @name DoodleGone// @namespace localhost// @description Replace the Google logo with a hosted image// @version 1.1// @include *.google.*/*// @include *.google.*/*// @resource logo lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Bi8HSHjvdWA/U6S9n302OoI/AAAAAAAAD9c/gxXC46BNoVQ/s0/logo11w50pc1.png// @grant GM_getResourceURL// ==/UserScript==// var oldLogo = document.getElementById('hplogo');var newLogo = document.createElement('img');newLogo.id = "User-Logo";newLogo.border = 'no'newLogo.src = GM_getResourceURL ("logo");oldLogo.parentNode.replaceChild(newLogo, oldLogo);

Try this, or use Tampermonkey

// ==UserScript==// @name DoodleGone// @namespace localhost// @description Replace the Google logo with a hosted image// @version 1.1// @include *.google.*/*// @include *.google.*/*// @resource logo lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Bi8HSHjvdWA/U6S9n302OoI/AAAAAAAAD9c/gxXC46BNoVQ/s0/logo11w50pc1.png// @grant GM.getResourceUrl// ==/UserScript==// var oldLogo = document.getElementById('hplogo');var newLogo = document.createElement('img');newLogo.id = "User-Logo";newLogo.border = 'no'newLogo.src = await GM.getResourceUrl("logo");oldLogo.parentNode.replaceChild(newLogo, oldLogo);

browsers all suck. All of them. Terrible in every way. That being said lightweight browsers like midori, uzbl, etc, tend to be the most lightweight and efficient for casual browsing. I'm using palememe myself right now strictly for adons but I'm getting to the point of just abandoning all my favorite ones for a more smooth experience.

Qupzilla for me. It has some basic built in stuff like Adblock and Greasemonkey but is faster than pretty much any browser I've tried.

didn't work, don't know why.
However, i found a doodle remover, modified it and now it replaces with your custom image.

My version works fine in FF Quantum.

// ==UserScript==// @name DoodleGonev2_8c/tech/// @namespace localhost// @description Replace the Google logo with a hosted image// @version 1.0// @include *.google.*/*// @include *.google.*/*// @author pepito// ==/UserScript==//(function() { var center = document.querySelectorAll('center')[1] //center.children[0].innerHTML = '' center.children[0].innerHTML = ''})();

based on this one that plain removes the logo:
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/12207-google-logo-reviver-firefox

Just use startpage you fucking idiot

No, GNU icecat and palemoon are not botnets as you can turn off update checks and no firefox botnet because they are different codebases now.

We have these:
like what, 3 times a week?

Pick one that supports your extensions, change the search engine and turn off telemetry. Yes, Firefox sucks, that's why they made Brave. Yes, Firefox is run by SJWs, that's why every other browser exists. Vote with your wallet, or your userbase.

I jumped off flamingwreckagefox because of the constant crashes and bloat. Switched to Opera and havent had a single crash once in years. You can get chromium extension support on Opera which helps a lot of the missing plugins. The only thing I miss from Firecucks is the ability to tag my bookmarks. But id rather have stability and not have to worry about a single tab crashing the whole browswer with 10+ tabs open.

Didn't notice any real big difference in any of the Firefox forks aside from devs, never tried Vivaldi but it reminds me of Opera Neon.

Same here.

Fixed.

i've noticed the last week or so that autocomplete in the url bar will default to every url but google.

example:
when i type in 'g...' it will autocomplete as 'guerrillamail.com'
when i type 'go...' it will autocomplete to 'google.com'

example:
i delete 'guerrillamail.com' from browsing history and bookmarks. firefox cannot autocomplete to 'guerrillamail.com'
when i type in 'g...' it will autocomplete as 'getcrypto.com'
when i type 'go...' it will autocomplete to 'google.com'

example:
i delete 'getcrypto.com' from browsing history and bookmarks. firefox cannot autocomplete to 'getcrypto.com'
when i type in 'g...' it will autocomplete as 'getweeddude.com'
when i type 'go...' it will autocomplete to 'getweeddude.com'

and so on.

i use google more than i wish, for programming questions. probably hitting google.com more than 50 times a day. by far it is the most visited site in my browsing history (as you can tell, i need to make up sites that start with 'g' for my examples above. there aren't a lot in my browsing history firefox can choose to autocomplete to). yet firefox autocompletes to sites i haven't visited in weeks / months. has anyone else noticed this? is mozilla fucking with google?

i think i may have fixed this by going to about:config and setting keyword:enabled to false but it's too soon to tell.

correction:

>(((icecat))) is not botnet

How's Vivaldi?

There is nothing wrong with icecat, nigger.
Stop making bullshit up.

Before anyone recommends Brave, this is their 'Security and Privacy Coordinator'

twitter.com/flamsmark

Looks like a photoshopped sex offender mugshot.

SJWs support pedophiles.

It actually does do this. There’s an autistic extension installed by default that blocks non-libre JavaScript which invites you to send an email complaining about said non-libre scripts.

As if anyone still runs JavaScript.

SJWs are pedophiles. It goes hand in hand with homosexuality and cuckoldry. Their entire lives are dominated and controlled by their sexual fetishes.

Yeah, couldn't upload due to TOR.

A shame, wanted to try brave but now with that fag I am sure they monitor what websites their users are visiting.

So what's a good alternative to TOR for normie browsing? Pale Moon?

You seem to be confused. TOR is not a browser.

You can't use TOR on another browser than Mozilla, so it's a browser.

That doesn't make sense, Mozilla is the company behind Firefox.
You can use TOR with other browsers, but the issues lie with fingerprinting and possible DNS leaks, iirc.
For normie browsing pick your poison. I like qupzilla and ungoogled-chromium, although the lattter is always quite behind in terms of security updates, so use it with caution.

Animes are pedophiles. It goes hand in hand with homosexuality and cuckoldry. Their entire lives are dominated and controlled by their sexual fetishes.

Dind't you notice that all male feminists end up being sex offenders?

All men are rapists. It's just a matter of when they get falsely accused.