Theo de Raadt is a filthy liar

I wasn't implying. I was stating a fact. There has been no attempt
to move the smallest parts of the ecosystem, to provide replacements
for base POSIX utilities.

marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=151233345723889

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
what is this the.exa.website/?
or this github.com/BurntSushi/ripgrep?
or even this github.com/uutils/coreutils?

Theo de Raadt is such a dishonest nigger.
discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/patches/6.2/common/002_fktrace.patch.sig
cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/sys/siginfo.h.diff?r1=1.11&r2=1.12
the.exa.website/
github.com/BurntSushi/ripgrep
github.com/uutils/coreutils
8ch.net/metatech/rules.html
github.com/uutils/coreutils?
rust-lang.org/en-US/team.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow. Just wow.

Even OpenBSD an Apple's on security now.
ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/patches/6.2/common/002_fktrace.patch.sig

what?

what do you expect from openbsd nigger cucks ?
talk with someone who uses openbsd and punch yourself in the nuts eachtime you hear these words:
sane, secure, design decision, man pages

Did you even read the email you posted?
Not POSIX
Not POSIX
Might meet Theo's requirements in 5-10 years.

Asking for the tooling and programs to exist first before asking them to switch to some imaginary system is sanity, what are you smoking?

OpenBSD have had opinions that have been wrong and switched when PROVEN wrong, recent example is FQCoDel, it was initially thought to be shit, but it proved itself and now is in 6.2.

Prove yourself instead of pestering other people to achieve your vision.

GNU is also not POSIX

Ah yes, break everything because you have a vision, and once again, other people should work to achieve it.

LOL. Good one. cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/sys/siginfo.h.diff?r1=1.11&r2=1.12

Indeed. Which is why you might encounter a sentence like: "It took about 10 years for
gnu grep to be replaced sufficiently well in our tree." If you would have taken the time to read the letter before posting here. But you didn't, because you're a retarded goon and baiting is what you do.

You will never get your tenbux back, leave.

True. sage negated btw

Ubisoft goes Steamworks bye bye always on DRM.

Am I the only one sceptical of both BSScucks and Rustcucks?

Can a mod, please, hint if all these terrible threads are made by one person? Because I can't either believe that someone would waste their life on bating some anonymous message board nor can I believe that someone that retarded actually exists.

Gee I wonder.

>Why does (((Theo))) want languages whose buildtools have remote code executions in his OS that can run on a 486?
Really makes me think.

Would it make any difference if they aren't? The mods aren't doing their job either way and should be replaced.

There's some merit in both, but not when you're talking about it in a thread created to bait you.

The first 4 replies to this thread are samefagging, what do you think? No IDs means you don't even get the pleasure of wasting his time on ID hops.

Which threads? I just made this and the Using Rust in Mercurial thread.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Fucking kill yourself you stupid cuck. Either make your own board and censor it to shit or go back to 4/g/ into your /comfy desktop/ threads.

> the.exa.website/
MIT licensed
>github.com/BurntSushi/ripgrep
MIT licensed
>github.com/uutils/coreutils
MIT licensed

Why does the Rustcucks hate freedom so much, and why don't they even protect themselves from patent treachery by using the Apache License v 2? Every Rust project I have come across as been under the MIT license, isn't this quite a (((cohencidence)))?

8ch.net/metatech/rules.html

Why are you quoting this though?

Oh I see now.
You were BTFOing yourself.

to be fair, the MIT license is more permissive than the *GPLs.

Actually GPL is anti-freedom: it takes away the freedom of other developers.
MIT does the right thing by being libertarian.

Yeah it allows others to cuck you.

LOL. It is 2017 m8. Time to get onto the Rust train.

How many rustfags are actually on the obsd dev team? Why do they care so much about pushing Rust on to projects?

Don't like how OpenBSD does something then don't fucking use it. My bet is none of these webdev rustfags use it anyways.

Nobody is pushing Rust onto CuckBSD. It is just that Theo de Raadt is a fucking liar. (and a cuck)

Nope. You're. I am committed to freedom. That is why I use GPLv3.

Theo de Rat is a blatant reactionary. Just look at his absolute seething hatred for the GPL.

The GPL prohibits you from taking away the freedoms of the users to become developers, it does not prohibit you from using the software as you wish. That is specifically what the GPL is about, freedom preservance.

This guy gets it.

WEW LAD!
E
W

L
A
D
!

Rust is all about marketing and promises. It looks more like a cult than a rational defence of a programming language.

It's really cucks competing over how to cuck themselves harder. Neither the BSD people nor the Rustacenas using their copyright opportunities to defend freedom. Just a simple license change would have done the trick.

He hates the GPL but is fine with turning his OS and tools into proprietary software. I never understood that.

(pic related is what Rustshills should do)

So don't use OpenBSD then. No one cares.

The GPL secures no new freedoms that MIT didn't already. All GPL does is take away freedoms. Therefore "freedom preservance" is just your coping mechanism for the cognitive dissonance of promoting freedom while taking it away. Other people have the freedom to not live by your values. By using GPL you want to deny them that freedom.

>or even this github.com/uutils/coreutils?
wtf

Rust is just a project made to get control of power.
The permissive licenses are their because they want to have a totalitarian control over multiple projects.
The rust Code Of Conduct is their to have a totalitarian control over multiple projects.

Do you even understand what permissive means ?
MIT/BSD and other permissive licenses give you the freedom to legally remove any of the "four freedoms", this kind of licenses is the reasons we have MIT/BSD license installed into hardware that we buy but we can't modify, so in the end we don't truly own our hardware even tho it uses piece of free software on which we should have control.

Nice logical fallacy here.
What is the point of making a license to give human freedom if the said license permits them of removing the said freedoms from others ?
Yes but in that case what's the point of even making a license ?

You see there's a difference between revoking any freedoms possible and conserving some of them at the cost of a few ones, this is why in western human society it's illegal to kill people yourself and they need to be judged and sentenced for their crimes.

Good luck raising YOUR child.

This

That's because of RMS being an absolute autist.
It's in the BSD songs (and decade+ old mailing lists).
You see one day RMS and Theo (plus group) had to take the plane to go to a convention together.
They had multiple discussions one of them was licensing, and théo is pretty aggressive when he defends his point and RMS becomes very stressed when people aren't making an argument nicely, to the point that he can't even.
TL;DR
They embarked the plane and RMS couldn't handle his autism anymore so he forced the plane to re-open to let him down (this is a few months pre 9/11) Théo was angry and so does all the opensource dudes at that time.

RMS is a very logical man (too much actually) and he can't understand the points that aren't made by a logical line of thought.
Fortunately that more or less changed because that impacted the whole Gnu project negatively.
Théo has the same will has RMS but with other values and you can't speak with him about GPL licensing without being flagged has a zealotfag.
This is just but one reason that they maintain more less feuds between them.

Did you come post here because nobody on misc reads your protonmail spam?

Ok let make a test

Does the MIT or BSD have:
Yes but no, No because they aren't required to share the source code when they distribute binaries or let execute a modified/compiled version of the source code.
Yes but no, No because they aren't required to share the source code when they distribute binaries
Yes
>The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements to the public, so that the whole community benefits (freedom 3). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
Yes but no, No because they aren't required to share the source code when they distribute binaries

You see it's all ==if== the developer (or corporation) wants to let people to have these freedoms.
And we already know how corporations treats people on this just look at Android it's getting DRMed to the core and you won't be able to flash the rom in next versions.

Reported for Rust shilling and/or failure to English.

Reported for:

"muh plebbit spacing"

derailment.

Huff gas moron see WD-40 can above. The freedom to make changes, distribute binaries, and NOT distribute source is a free action GPL denies. Therefore, GPL is less free.

Well, since the thread's been proven to be bait and shitty, why don't the admins delete it?

I agree that using permissive licenses does more harm than good but come on, GPLv3 is pure garbage because of the whole "tivoization" bullshit. And GPLv2 isn't perfect either because it doesn't allow you to link your software libre with proprietary one so you have to fuck with LGPL and "license compatability" shenanigans. Why can't FSF write a license that just forces all the derivative works to be released under the similar terms without any other bullshit like "linking exceptions" and "tivoization" (not mentioning the basic user freedoms, obviously)?

The culture inside OpenBSD is very problematic. No wonder the sjw Mozilla Rust crew is trying to infect it.

rust-lang.org/en-US/team.html

When I get my glasses, they will be thin metal frames with large possibly aviator lenses. Two local eyeglasses shops were 95% stocked with problem glasses. It was fucking disgusting!

sage for blogpost

It is only shitty because the anti Rust shills and the >muh license fags have derailed it.

no
no
no
yes
good

I should stop expecting well-argumented replies on Holla Forums. Might as well discuss pros and cons of different software licenses on Holla Forums.

Well you are not going to get those if you post shite like this
But you definitely should go back to Holla Forums

Oh, excuse me. I guess I should've put "nigger", "cuck" and "shill" between each and every word or else you can't understand it.

No. You should try not being a MIT/BSD nigger cuck. Holla Forums is a GPL board.

Reminder that projects with CoCs are not free as in freedom.

Because tivioization lets them take away the users 4 freedoms without breaking the gpl2.

I wonder who could be behind this post.

Please stop making extra Rust threads.