American Idiot

-Rock band Green Day made a political statement during Sunday night’s American Music Awards, breaking out into an anti-Donald Trump chant during their performance at the annual awards show.
While performing “Bang Bang,” the lead single off of their latest album, Revolution Radio, the rock trio broke into a chant of, “No Trump, no KKK, no fascist USA!”
-The political statement by the rock band is their second at an awards show this month, after lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong changed the lyrics to the group’s song “American Idiot” during a performance at the MTV Europe Music Awards on November 6. Armstrong changed the lyric “the subliminal mind-f*ck America” to “the subliminal mind Trump America.”
-In an interview with Kerrang! magazine in August, Armstrong compared Trump to Adolf Hitler and said he felt “sorry” for those who supported his candidacy.

-“The worst problem I see about Trump is who his followers are,” Armstrong told the magazine. “I actually feel bad for them, because they’re poor, working-class people who can’t get a leg up. They’re pissed off and he’s preyed on their anger. He just said, ‘You have no options and I’m the only one, and I’m going to take care of it myself.’ I mean, that’s f*cking Hitler, man!”
Green Day wasn’t the only act to get political during Sunday night’s show. Model Gigi Hadid did an impression of future First Lady Melania Trump toward the beginning of the ceremony.

-Other performers at this year’s AMAs included Justin Bieber, John Legend, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, The Weeknd, Twenty One Pilots and Shawn Mendes. Bieber and rapper Drake picked up four awards, Rihanna earned three and pop singer Ariana Grande was named Artist of the Year. Former Police frontman Sting was honored with the American Music Award for Merit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZqzDDjB8QGw

breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/11/20/green-day-chants-no-trump-no-kkk-american-music-awards/

They should have quit after 'Dookie' (1994).

they should have never started

billie joe has probably had a non-stop erection since election day. green day hasn't been relevant since the end of the bush administration.

also, add this fucker to this list of "anti-establishment" musicians that are showing their true colors now that america has elected an actual anti-establishment candidate

bump for interest.

They're trying so hard to make being liberal be badass and cool, but it won't fucking work. It's an act and they know it, deep down

Also, the only way they can justify violence is against "le ebil White racists". They have a sick desire for "White racists" just so they can fight.

good point, now they can go back to playing "le ebin radical librul against old white christian loozuhrz"

Have they not died of old age yet?

These faggots are still around?

Shut the fuck up nigger. You're like 50 and worth millions. You're not a young punk-rocker.
Also
That's the same technique you use to sell two hundred dollar tickets to 14 year olds.

You can say the same for Michael Moore, and all the other comedians that made it big during the Bush years. They were completely irrelevant after being immunized by an untouchable magic negro President.

I didn't meant to refer to Moore as a comedian, but he may as well be.

Which is why everybody is laughing so hard, because these people have left the national conversation a long time ago.

It's because they promote unlimited degeneracy. That makes people see "evil" as good. And what's the most evilest scariest thing that ever appeared on the face of the Earth?

Why, it's Adolf Hitler and his Nazi holocaust.

Billie Joe is a 5'6" manlet. It's just impotent range from someone shorter than Trump's 10 year old son.

Meant to say cool, not good.

Keith Olbermann comes to mind. Many here probably don't even know his name anymore or were too young to ever care.

I thought he was a baseball pitcher or some ESPN faggot…

An expletive laden tirade against the nominee of a major political party for president (and/or against the president elect) is not my issue, it's that he was so whole heartedly in the tank for Hillary. How can you claim to be an anti-establishment punk or even rock & roll dude if you support the machinations of the Clintons. That's like taking a sponsorship from Walmart.

But obviously their punk days are long past and BJ clearly doesn't know much about Trumps candidacy as seen in his literally hitler comment.

Same exact sound they had in the 90's butthurt irrelevant leftist faggots.

40 something year old FAKE punk band on the network tv show that is nothing more than a Jew infomercial hawking kike goods being edgey? OH VEY.

Hitler confirm for awesome!. Yeah, how dare Trump care about his people… You know this white nigger hasn't been sober in two plus decades.

Green Day has been around since 1986 and BJ is 44 years old. They haven't been relevant since 2004. 12 years ago. Most of their fanbase now would be too young to even understand American Idiot on release.

I was just thinking the same thing. I love trump because trumps critics are scrum who lack self awareness and don't have the ability to have a single moment of clarity to reflect on their own deeds.

Nothing more pathetic than 40 year olds wearing eye liner and skinny jeans trying to keep up the bubble gum punk scene.

I remember him being a big bitch boy on stage because some shitty award show wanted to keep shit moving. Pretty sure he's "bisexual" too.

Green day has always been an annoying mix of bad grunge rock, bad late 80s punk and shitty early 2000s rock in general to me

say what you will about literal commies like The Dead Kennedys but at least they could make some decent music, even if the lyrics were pozzed as fuck

A desperate promotion from irrelevancy?

Even during its peak, telling someone they listened to fucking greenday was considered an insult. Like they were a bitchy emo faggot with shit taste in music.

They're geezers now anyway. Acting like this is just cringe as fuck and will have the opposite intended effect just like those hollywood star videos shilling and telling the commons how to vote. It didn't work and it just pissed people off more. Your job isn't to comment on politics. You dance and howl like a monkey for the entertainment of your masters and masses.

If Trump wants to send a message, it's time to sic the DEA and FBI on them. They're all a bunch of drugged up losers anyway and they admit it themselves in interviews like most any other celebrity. Trump should purge Hollywood. It's filled with nothing from druggies, degenerates, and pedophiles ( especially the (((directors))) ) anyway. I hope people start leaking all manner of the sicko shit that's in Hollywood and gets them all v& for entirety and Trump sends every last fed after em.

(((They))) have to pay. Kill em all, Trump.

I remember the song 'Warning' being the only thing they ever produced that I could somewhat tolerate. I don't know when they made it but I was like 11 when I first heard them in 2000. My degenerate older cousin truer to get me to listen to them in her shotty car. I was young but recognized her for the degenrate she was and was pretty much like, no thanks.

She later went to prison for a year for credit card fraud and married a nigger soon after release. The family cut all ties not long after that.

I don't mind their lyrics because I think they see the world and it's problems the same way Holla Forums does, except with liberal glasses on and liberal solutions to them.

*tried to get

His whole life has been nothing but left wing reprogramming.

Like most "punks."

Absolutely degenerate.

(Checked)
/thread

anyone who ever liked this manufactured """"""punk"""""" horseshit needs to hang. even 12 year old me knew it was a sham.

That was a God damn cringy performance, eh? Care to break it down with me?

Rough start.

Every xXxscenegirlxXx's profile on myspace and bebo listed "Green Day, blink 182, Sum41, MCR" and all that shit. Even other scenekids would pick on them for liking Green Day.

Leftists have never been for the working class. They aren't tradesmen with hard skills, all they have are musical instruments, office chairs, and trust funds. Punk itself is nothing more than a pro-destruction aesthetic whose purpose for being entirely relies on the continued existence of those who create.

wow
that's pretty cringey

Isn't he gay/bisexual as well?

I used to be that shitty type of cousin. Praise Holla Forums

Fuck these faggots… This is now a Queens of the Stone Age/Eagles of Death Metal thread >>>>>>>> MAGA!

Your dubs, the Truth

Checked

Glad to see that Green Day is and always will be shit.

better version

President Trump will be great for these greenday anarchist faggots. They haven't been socially relevant since Bush was in office.

Check'd and kek'd

A bubblegum pop-punk band of "men" in their mid to late 40s wearing skinny jeans, eyeliner and spiking their hair like irl is a teen comedy from 1997. same faggots that recently complained about the violence in video games. this wasn't a political statement it's your creepy uncle buying a corvette.

My nigger.

top kek

He went to rehab for alcoholism a couple years back, said he started blacking out and not remembering entire shows. He may have fallen off the wagon though, it's unfortunately very common.

Even sober, though, Armstrong would still be a pretentious liberal.

I saw them at Long Beach Arena in 2004 with Sugarcult and New Found Glory. I was apolitical then, and I'm glad because finding out what cunts all these Jew pawn musicians and actors are has spoiled a lot for me. Never get fish tacos from Long Beach Arena, FYI, I got food poisoning.

Who?

different band.

Oh sorry, The Guess Who?

Is anyone honestly surprised here? These guys have been agenda pushing cucks for the past 15 years at the very least (never considered myself a fan, so not familiar with their early stuff, but was already annoyed with their shit after their moany 9-11 bullshit song)

Also, American Music has never and will never be good.

Always hated them

The only decent song these guys have ever made is Longview or whatever the song about jacking off is.

Can't wait until these communists in the entertainment industry get purged by the House Un-American Activities Committee 2: Electric Jewgaloo

How long until the Trump curse hits old Billy Faggot? I'd love to see Green Day, who by the way were never good, totally overrated, fade into obscurity.

>>>/israel/

I thought they retired years ago. Do kids still listen to them or their fans still have no musical taste?

They went the way of all young punks: bought out by the jew.
Their only good song was Wake me up when September ends and that was only really popular with old boomers and normies outside of punks.

This, I haven't heard anything about Green Day since 2008.

This

Lel

I seen this shit earlier,can we take this cuck down somehow?

i remember all the insufferable protest rock during the W. years.

I'm sure it will be extra cringey this time around.

You're really fucking generous. I'd say they haven't been relevant since 1997.

The two albums before Dookie sucked. The album after Dookie had one good song.
Nothing pertinent since.

I saw them back in '97 when I just went to try to get in this one girls pants. I didn't even care about them then. I was more interested in seeing Semisonic.

NOFX has suffered the same fate.

NEVERMIND I'M A FAGGOT I DIDN'T MEAN SEMISONIC HOLY FUCK

I meant Superdrag. Kill me please.

Dookie was their only decent album.
And it was just OK,it had a few good songs on it but it was nothing special.

what a fucking joke

the sad thing is, Dookie wasn't even a studio album, really. It was a compilation of the best songs from like 5 or 6 indie releases. Meaning, Green Day has never put out even one decent album.

For all intents and purposes they are just shit-fuck poseurs

REMINDER THAT ALL THREE CURRENT MEMBERS OF GREEN DAY ARE LITERAL FAGGOTS WHO CLAIM TO BE "BISEXUAL" (AKA FAGGOTS WITH ONE FOOT STILL IN THE CLOSET). THEY WILL GO INTO THE BOG ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE GAY MAFIA.

They've been fags since the late 90s early 00s, perhaps even before… but my childhood prevents me from hating their early work.

>>>/gaschamber/

I resent these people immensely for not going after Obongo. He was Bush but worse, but they treated him with kid gloves. Fuck them all.

(checked)
THIS 100%
/thread

Some of DKs stuff was pozzed. Other songs like "I am the Owl" and "Holiday in Cambodia" are fairly based

They're like Holla Forums if Holla Forums wasn't 100-120% cucked

Do they even have bands like this anymore in popular music? Isn't everything nigger beats and club music? I can't imagine Ke$ha and Miley Cyrus making protest songs about Trump.

it'll just be crying about the current situation at the worst.

When I Come Around and Welcome to Paradise were good tunes, other than that, fuck 'em. Oh and fuck NoFX, fuck REM, fuck Henry Rollins, fuck Morrissey, fuck Bruce Springsteen, fuck Franz Ferdinand, fuck Death Cab for Cutie and fuck RATM, too.

this fridge meme is getting out of hand

It works incredibly well for some reason

The left are eating themselves alive.

Green Day are all in their 40s now and need to grow the fuck up.

Because they're British pop rock or because they're political? I've never heard anything they put out that was the least bit political.

Did you give her the d?

Its actually just fucking sad they either can't or won't accept their moment has long since passed:they're still peddling their pathetic oh-so-rebellious-brat punk shtick for all they can get from it despite being middle-aged millionaires because they don't know how to do anything else;they haven't matured or progressed as musicians or even as people because they don't want to. Fucking pathetic.