Star Wars The Last Jedi

Golly, I didn't know they were re-releasing Empire again.

I don't know how you could expect anything less.

Now, webm or riot.

I want to go back to Lucas's retardation. I can't handle Disney's kikery.

>>>Holla Forums

I felt zero excitement watching that trailer. Although, I've never really been a fan of Star Wars. I've tried watching the movies, but I have never been able to understand their appeal.

Why is she being taught how to use the Force when she managed to magically use it perfectly in the first film?
Complete and utter bullshit.

I just wish Star Wars stuff would end full stop, the EU was shit for a long time and it's even worse now. SW has long since run its course and should have been mercifully put down but noone will end the merch money train. It'll take a full scale revolt against it to do it.

To be fair Rogue One wasn't all that great still better than TFA, but I can't see how they'd recover from TFA's screw ups, and this ad looks like the next film will be The Empire Strikes Back II: Electric Boogaloo.

*Oh, but I do like the title art.

What was wrong with the EU?

I feel no hype. The only moment of mild interest I had was over the Rebel Resistance ships in orbit. The rest was so much bland.

Not much in the 90s but I sure was getting tired of the "Boba Fett and Daala Show". The comics were sort of a step in the right direction since the the time skip was a palate cleanser but I wasn't entirely pleased with them. Granted it's all Shakespeare in comparison to Disney's efforts but really we shouldn't have to deal with any long term trash at all. The right thing to do would have been to take the whole of SW out back and plug a couple of .22 Shorts in the back of the head after ROTS, after gracefully wrapping up the EU stuff that was concurrently in production at the time of course.

the only thing I hope to happen is that ray become the villain and kylo ren becomes a protagonist.

This has nothing to do with comics or cartoons.

EU got stupid complicated, and writers didn't even consult each other so there were errors even within comics and books, let alone all the errors across different entries.

Everyone that worked on SW made some good stuff, then tried to become the next big Sci-Fi writer and make something new and innovative, which is code for every single Sci-Fi film being thrust into the one universe.

The only, and I'm quite literal about this, only thing Disney did right was can the EU. The only parts of the EU that weren't shit were the video games, because LucasArts was competent and kept writers in check, and even then the books and comics shat them up.

They should of scrapped the EU after ROTS and added things back in individually, making sure it was all consistent, then adding new stuff, while also removing the crappy ayys from another universe that the jedi and sith must unite over, and other such retarded plots.

Honestly, all George had to do was decline Disney's offer (Not like he wasn't making a shit ton anyways) and fixed up the EU, then made 1 or 2 cartoons, maybe that live-action show he always wanted.

I wonder, does Disney still have to pay Spielberg 2% of all profits? That would make me chuckle.

But George always wanted SW to be Disney (supposedly.)
Anyway, how do you feel about the Thrawn trilogy then?

George doesn't know what he wants. Remember the white slavers comment?
Thrawn was bretty good, but then other writers tried to make sequels/prequels and what-have-you and tainted him/the trilogy.
Hell, Zahn wrote the Hand of Thrawn books and they weren't as good.

Only thing I ever cared about in SW were the Katarn plots, and they fucked me over on those with Rogue One, so I'll never get to see another adventure with him in it.

Kinda like the poster. Rey's still a shit character obviously written by focus groups.

I always considered the Thrawn trilogy, the games which I love dearly holy cow, and the films to be EU.

Ray have a tiny head

*and the TV shows of course, both Genndy's and the 3D animated ones (but not Rebels)

I feel like every movie we're going to get with Rey in it will be a desperate attempt to make us like Rey. Just wait, she'll spend more time fucking everything up in this movie so no one can complain that she's a Mary Sue… and then in the 3rd movie, after that shit doesn't work, they'll try and downplay her involvement in the plot at all, and only have her show up for the important parts.

Does it matter?
It's just a husk of a used up space fairy tale with some make up on it and a jews hand up its ass.

Ah, but then there's the old Droids and that one series about the Ewoks. And those movies about Endor….

Star Wars is not /co./
>>>Holla Forums

I just don't have the will to give a damn anymore. I went to see TFA in cinema. It was awful. Not the way south park depicted Idniana Jones 4, just … angry at everything and everyone and then complete apathy.

Why does Descartes look all messed up.

*messed up?
Tired.

Why didn't we listen

I agree. I mean, I like the old EU, but looking back on it now, it would've been best for everyone if that shit had ended with the prequels along with Star Wars as a whole. But I would still want Genndy Wars though.

It had both good and bad, but usually more than bad because writers tended to use it to shill politics, and if they didn't they would just make up awful concepts, like centaurs. But now the new EU is just as bad since it still has just as much dumb shit as the old one, despite not even being that old, but twice as much political shit and even virtue signaling. And also fucking actual Elves.

How could shit possibly get this awful?

This. But I think there was one guy who worked for the company who always tried to reorganize the canon into something fun and always tried to make sense of everything and even hoped for rewrites. All I know is he was an azn with glasses. Some kind of archivist or something.

George is a senile old fart who hasn't had a rational thought in his head since 1982. Breathing nothing but money fumes for 6 years straight can really fuck up your brain.

Technically, everything that's not the films is part of the EU, but some only seem to think the EU is nothing but the shit fuck novels and maybe the comics, which were only 30-40% good all in all.

That was mostly because of Karen Traviss.

Ah yes, the Ken Penders and proto-sjw of star wars stories. Everything she did was shit, but the mandalorian culture and lore was fun when used right, especially in games, /tg/ and other stories.

Alot of things

I know people are pissed the EU got nuked but it had ALOT of dumb shit

Im sad it is gone now though

And if you dared disagree with your then you were part of the Tali-fan.

*with her. Derp.

If Kyle Katarn was still canon he would beat your ass Luke for being that way

Good times…

Fuck I miss him so.

Are they even gonna bring back Lukes green lightning? Or Jedi being able to use sith powers?

Be thankful he hasn't been rebooted yet and turned into a pussywhipped queer

Or like what happened with Thrawn

Holy mother of God.

Something feels off. Anyone else having trouble posting or seeing threads bugging out?

>>>Holla Forums

(This one especially upset me with that stray period)

The choice is take it to Holla Forums and enjoy cuckposting and Drumpfpoting, or take it here and actually discuss shit.
Considering the vast majority of the posts aren't even about the film, but rather the comics, books and cartoons in the EU, I'd say it's Holla Forums related.

Stop sperging about things no being Holla Forums related and divert that energy into shitposting redditors and tumblrites until they learn not to bring their shittery here.

not Holla Forums related, fuck off

and the Holiday Special.

i'm not much of a Holla Forumsac but HOOOLY FUCK does that guy look like an ape!

Shameful display!

I bet if this came out five years ago before Holla Forums and RLM infected everything with their bullshit you all would actually be tempted to discuss it as opposed to talking shit

Guess I better be contrarian too before internet strangers start calling me a cuck

You are right, this shit would be kino five years, ago.

This is probably really bad bait, but considering how fucking mindless nu Star Wars fans are and how vehemently defensive they are of their new films, I'm not one to doubt the genuine nature of this awful post. Anyway, what the fuck are you on about you triggered retard? If you want to circlejerk opinions just go to facebook or twitter. And how does RLM play into this? They fucking loved TFA (yet ironically hated Rogue One for all the same reasons they loved TFA).

Be glad.
All I felt was dread and an urgent sense of crawling my eyes out while banging my head against the table in order to cancel out "her" voice.

Isn't one of the scenes in the leaked script Luke teling her how much better she already is with the force then him when he started his training?

That pic accurately represents what you're doing here.

TFA has JJ Abrams. Mike will love any old shit JJ makes, no matter what and he seems like the kind of guy who will get salty over people disagreeing with him on this point.

Holy shit that looks bad.
Fuck, how can anyone think this shit looks remotley good, adn then even release it as an offical poster for a suposed blockbuster?

This would've looked a lot better if it had been a painting or something with ships in the background like the old SW posters.

This faggot right here is making me wonder about something meta. This faggot and others like the ones at the Steven Universe, nuPPG and Family Guy threads, bring up Holla Forums for no reason then try to shill against them. This shit has been going on rather frequently for the last three days already.

Are we getting fagged up by Holla Forums again or are we turning into cuck/co/?

wait the new star wars has elves?

Holla Forums, Holla Forums, SA and those other fuckers in order to turn us into cuck/co/. Probably a bunch of cuck/co/ rapefugees too.

It's mostly cuck/co/ refugees I think. Anyone who gets banned or thinks we're the same kind of shithole come over here and spread their cancer.

Star Wars is just the same shit as modern grill books.

There are no attractive white men in Disney Wars, though. They're all shitskins and kikes.

God, I hope not.

What fucking annoying about some of the Rey AKA Mary Sue from TFA is that the books managed to explain some of Rey piloting skills by saying she found and practiced with flight simulators she found when salvaging junk, but NOOOO they can't have a 30 second scene of her mention/playing with one in the movie at all.

There is just something depressing about TFA, it gets all this effort to start a new saga and be it's own original movie, tries not to anger people like the prequels with excessive CG (but still used it excessively in places you didn't expect) and than all it does is basically be A New Hope remake with a diversity points cast. And the most remembered thing from the movie is a fucking badass Stormtrooper more than the much hyped female Captain Phasma who says one line and fights with a riot baton against a lightsaber.

Could mastery of the force actually assist in making music?

I still feel sad that for a movie series called Star Wars, it instead chooses to focus on some hippie bullshit drama with characters that nobody gives a shit about.

Stop trying to shit this board with your retarded Star Wars fetish.

This is not even a thread about the Star Wars comic books or animated productions, it's just a goddamn trailer for the movie.

One thing is a live action adaptation of something that started as a comic/cartoon or is more known by it's cartoon incarnations (beauty and the beast), another, but this is just a goddamned movie.

Just take this cancer to >>>Holla Forums