The corporate-brainwasher takeover of comic books

Corporate Comics - How Financial Hitmen Imploded the Comics Market in order to direct modern mythology
polarizationnation.blogspot.com/2015/05/corporate-comics-tm.html

This guy has a theory about how the "corporate elite infiltrated the comic book industry in the early 1990" to force Marvel and DC into bankruptcy so they could be taken over and used for corporate brainwashing.

The financial allegations are very similar to what overstock.com claimed in Deep Capture. deepcapture.com/

However, the post does not include any details. Is there anyone here with insight into the corporate side of comics who can provide evidence for or against this theory?

This theory sounds like it would require a secret cabal of buisness men with major levels of expertise in the field of human psychology with the means and the drive to carefully create an over arching narrative in comics for two decades.

I think the situation is more easily described by hiring cheap labor and ideological nepotism.

Whoever wrote this doesn't know comics history. Marvel went bankrupt in 1994 but wasn't purchased by Disney until 2009. DC has never gone bankrupt and has been owned by Warner since 1970.

As for the "corporate brainwashing", I have no fucking clue what that means. Is he talking about how comics are sjw now? Because it's been explained a thousand damn times that the only reason they're jumping on the sjw shit is for money. Just like when they jumped on the Beatles bandwagon, the horror bandwagon, or the hippie bandwagon. They're riding a trend for cash.

The horror-show of the comic book industry doesn't need shadowy "financial hitmen" to blame for their turn to shit. They were more than capable of doing it by themselves.

It's a known fact Jews control the media, we really didn't need another thread on this.

It's not a theory if it's been proven.

This isn't news

I guess you can say it's fake news.

Fucking this.

Who was it who said "never attribute to malice what can easily be explained by stupidity"?

Occam's Razor?

Halon's Razor I think its the term.

Moore was right?

Whoever wrote this doesn't know comics, period. Take this for example:
Firstly, Batman, Superman and Spider-Man wouldn't have had four titles each if they didn't have a fanbase that was actually reading their books. Secondly, 'wealthy'? This was when comic books cost a dollar, maybe two. It would have hardly broken the bank for readers to buy all the books featuring these characters

Somebody who wasn't paranoid enough.

To be fair, the corollary to that rule is "Never discount the possibility of malice, especially when too many "stupid" decisions get compounded on each other."

Ha ha very funny. Still you have to go back

Zapp was right about the music. Somehow it applies to other artistic expressions, including comics.

You're conflating hypothesis with Theory. That tinfoil thing of OP is a hypothesis, theories need to be proven and when they are impossible to refute with experiments, they become laws.

I wouldn't say it's ideological nepotism but internal company politics.

For example, the only reason Dan Dildo became editor in chief at DC was because of the infighting for CEO position in Warner Bros Entertainment. Diane Nelson wanted to shore up Warner ranks with yes-men loyal to Bruce Rosenblum, forcing out Paul Levitz who worked closely with Rosenblum's rival, Kevin Tsujihara.

Rosenblum ultimately lost his battle for the top spot to Tsujihara, and the rest is history.

Didiot started out as Editor-in-Chief. Nelson made him Co-Publisher.

I figure as such. Either way, these are more realistic explanations why comic book suck instead of some bizarre conspiracy theory that would require too many people agreeing for the common goal of comics sucking.

The degradation is real.

lil' jimmy is still around