Greg Rucka off Wonder Woman at Issue 25

And the writer of DC Superhero Girls and the artist for Bombshells will be taking over.

comicosity.com/dc-announces-fontana-andolfo-as-new-wonder-woman-creative-team/

Other urls found in this thread:

ruckawriter.tumblr.com/post/159495984388/leaving-diana
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

CUCK MY LIFE INTO PIECES

JUST

THIS IS MY WIFE'S BLACK SON

This is going to suck isn't it?

Here's Rucka's explanation:

ruckawriter.tumblr.com/post/159495984388/leaving-diana

(Rucka gushing over other people snipped)

I'm glad to hear that guy's gone. Maybe comics are changing for the be

Thanks DC. Just when you were showing competency for the briefest of moments.

How bad was his run? I mean, he is a cuck and all, but I heard many people who didn't like the Azarello run were glad to see him retconned that out of existence.

This captures my reaction exactly.

Better than the Finches run, that's for sure.

what would a Holla Forums wonderwoman be like?

I didn't even read that but I kept hearing it was awful too. How is Cucka any better?

Well I guess that's one less book to follow

It's not bad, though some might be annoyed by the pacing Rucka opted for to take advantage of the twice-monthly schedule. The odd and even numbered issues are two different but intertwined arcs that take place in the present and past respectively. The trades collect them under the same scheme.

Meh, I wasn't reading Rucka's shitty Wonder Woman anyway, so this isn't a big loss for me.

Rucka may be an ass on social media ('Communicating with me on Twitter is a privilege to you and not an obligation to me.') but he seems to have a better grasp on Wonder Woman than other authors lately ('The Lasso of Truth can't do anything about mansplaining.')

I also call bullshit on his statement of fulfilling other commitments. Black Magic? Lazarus? Lady Sabre? Never heard of that. So instead of prioritizing his work schedule for the pop culture icon who celebrates its 75th anniversary he voluntarily returns to obscure indie (?) stuff? Bullshit! He was kicked off the Wonder Woman title because apparently a white straight dude with life experience can't write a 'feminist icon'. (Wonder Woman being an icon of feminism. Yeah right.)

More like he got kicked off because a) he can't write for shit and b) he's a fucking unbearable asshole to work with. It's a freakin' miracle DC even decided to give him another chance.

Rucka is about as SJW as they come and panders to all the right groups, DC would never kick him off if they cared about that shit.

I feel like her character is pretty well defined. She wants peace and justice, and will always try a diplomatic approach when possible. She won't hesitate to use force when necessary. She's even-tempered and patient, on a mission to improve the world, knowing that it's a very long-term challenge. She's curious about the world. She combines long-standing, ancient traditions and philosophies with innovations, so she's neither radical nor dogmatic.

It would be interesting to have her speak to the advantages of hierarchy or loyalty to a city-state, which the Amazons presumably practice, as opposed to the American values of equality and independence. It would help contrast her with Superman.

Beautiful.

Wait is this a good or bad thing?

Good because Rucka's gone. Bad because it's someone worse taking his place.

Juggling his indie projects at his own pace is probably a luxury compared to writing a twice-monthly for DC. It's not unusual when almost every other artist/writer has an indie book in the pipeline nowadays.

Its not unfeasible to think he was just let go without any ulterior motives. Consider Bioware who hired Manveeir Heir in the first place and they didn't care the guy would run his mouth on Twitter worse than Rucka by being racist as fuck. He was apparently fired around the time of Andromeda's release, but turns out he wasn't being punished for his incompetence or anything like that, his contract just expired.

I don't think Rucka would be kicked off because he is a white, given how well-received his comic was.

Naturally. Hey, why don't we see if we can find a tranny pedophile to REALLY make this shit progressive?

These numb cunts either never understood Wonder Woman's appeal in the first place or have long forgotten. My kids and I used to watch Justice League together and my daughter thought Wonder Woman was beautiful and strong. Or, in other words, she was a strong female character that took care of herself and my girl saw her as an inspiration, not something to revile. But then again, my daughter's not a fat, ugly, lesbian sack of shit like the SJWs who hate WW and other beautiful women so damn much while secretly wanting to BE them.

I wish they'd just admit that their drive against beauty is fueled by jealousy.

was his run any good because i fuckin love Lazarus

This is the first time I read that asynine title. That series must not be good
No, you don't have any fucking sense for the character. This is going to be another 'batgirl goes to college' book. Thanks for ruining it.
Rucka was one of the only authors I'd trust to write wonder woman.

It's Bratz with capes.

I've only read the first 5 or 6 issues of that comic and I liked it. Granted I haven't read much Wonder Woman comics so maybe that's why. I heard during his original run on the character he wrote her as kind of cold and aloof. That and the one character I keep hearing about was Dr. Veronica Cale. Is she a good villain?

Cale is discount female Lex Luthor. She has this backstory that she was raised as a poor Texan girl who managed to become a rich self-made woman and she is jealous of Wonder Woman for getting so much love from everyone without the same effort she had.

wew

Pick one

So, we're going from half-decent to complete trash in one issue. I guess I'm done with Wonder Woman starting with issue #26.