Which video editor would Holla Forums recommend?

Windows Movie Maker comes loaded with pozware (why the fuck would it need to install Microsoft SQL Server Compact?), and anything else I tried turned out to be crappy watermark-ridden shareware or couldn't even output an mp4 file. I just want to crop a freaking mp4 file in 2 places and stitch the damn thing together. Help me out here Holla Forums-fags.

Blender.

itsabigone.fiff

blender

blender.

Vegas if you don't need to do a bunch of composite work and you're mostly just doing run-of-the-mill editing.

Powerful as shit, easy to learn, reasonably lightweight.

If all you want to do is that, you may as well just use ffmpeg.

it also costs as much as my desire to suck cock and wear the pretty panties

This seriously. ffmpeg is perfect for this stuff.

KDEnlive, but save often
How is it pronounced? K-D-Enlive? K-D-E-N-live?

Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection. Treat the whole suite like a single conglomerate application.

I'd recommend Blender if I could actually figure how to edit easily with the damn thing. Until that time, still sticking with VirtualDub.

What I find really frustrating about cutting in ffmpeg is that there's no way to specify a cut based on frame count. You can only cut using time approximations.

Shotcut for simple things, Adobeshit for anything more.
The favorite video editor of people who never edit video.

how do you expect to cut out a B frame when you haven't found the last P or I frame?

ffmpeg obviously
everything else is bloat and overengineering for such a simple task

ffmpeg can do this even without re-encoding the whole thing, so you can keep original quality and not waste space.

Dunno, but Virtualdub manages to pull off precision frame cutting perfectly fine. Clearly there must be a way.

Depends on the codec, but any codec that has B frames, it is likely adding together all the frames up to the selected frame to form a full I frame, and then you end up using that.

No need for re-encoding, eh?
That's definitely worth a look into.

/thread

Pitivi. It is finally working in Tails 3.3

according to some girl(male) on /fa/ vs pink is pretty comfy

On Windows: AviSynth+, ffmpeg and your video player of choice.

torrent a sony vegas. but if you really want to just cut some videos or stich them together definitely use ffmpeg. You don't have to re encode the whole thing.

melt + ffmpeg

#!/bin/shbc

1.) We have a sticky for this

2.) Just pirate Adobe Premiere Pro. Don't listen to these Freetards who want to give you a fucking headache for no good reasons

That's nice Vladimir

What the fuck is wrong with you nigger?

MSPAINT you little bitch shit

Blender is a nice weird video editor, at least now has hardware acceleration.

ffmpeg is really good but can get fatiguing when dealing with more advanced shit like green screen effects.

kdenlive and openshot are good choices.

Not one person in this thread recommending OpenShot.

Did you try reading the post above yours?

Natron looks pretty good fo GUI babbies. I only use ffmpeg and vapoursynth myself if only i knew python, it could become really powerful.

Just use movie maker you fucking faggot.

3D modeling programs are not video editors.

How about you look up something called "Blender VSE" and get back to me.