Man the 1970s were a real Dark Age of Western Animation

Man the 1970s were a real Dark Age of Western Animation

it was the era of "if ti works lets make a copy of it"

Yogi Bear, Hair Bear, Scare Bear, The CB Bears

All of this within the same decade. None of them have any relation to each other except for Scare Bear to Yogi because I guess Boo Boo didn't cut the mustard in the late 70's

And then there's this shit

"Kids really like that Star Wars shit, I wonder why?"

"I dunno, but make note of the movie title font and throw Yogi in there having a race with annoying sidekicks. Those are the characters kids really want to see, not any of this Han Solo crap."

I actually liked this cartoon a lot to the point where I was looking forward to it back when I had my old TV setup and Boomerang was on.

You sure OP?

Welp, now we know that OP drinks the cal arts kool-aid.

t-thanks?

Eh, everything was just painfully mediocre.

HB was garbage made to sell to kids as cheaply as possible. I'm not glad it's dead, but I'm glad it's gone.

Who made it?

I'm surrounded by fucking troglodytes.

You are the troglodyte with that shit taste son

Says the unevolved potato face-loving amoeba. Go back to SVTFOE.

How can you have such shit taste

What did you like about the show? To me it was just another forgettable HB show.

Two words.
INVISIBLE BICYCLE

Meanwhile, in Nippon
are considered all time classics.

Proof that no matter the time period, Japan is always superior.

I wonder if KFC McDonalds have a Mazinger Burger?

Yes a show that has actual good standards thank you user for redirecting me from your path of shit taste

Seschwan sorce mortee xd

This is what I had been telling cartoon clowns over a year now, they always scream how "nowadays" cartoons are crap when they have always been, more or less.

I'll pray for you user.

Also Yamato, Tomorrow's Joe, The Rose of Versailles, Galaxy Express 999, Future Boy Conan, and various World Masterpiece Theatre shows.

I'll pray for you to repent of your sinful tastes and walk the righteous path of true patricianhood

/a/ could probably think of at least half a dozen more

You could probably count the number of HB characters with visible necks on one hand.

user a homo

For Hanna-Barbera maybe. The 70's and 80's were a non-stop train wreck of terrible HB cartoons.

Hanna-Barbera in the Seventies/Eighties was weird.

Fags, the lot of you.

What about Yatterman, Casshern, Honeybee Hutch, Demetan, Maya the Bee, Heidi, Remi (Boy version), HOLY FUCK!

I've never actually seen this one. Is it any good?

The original Getter Robo anime was pretty bad. The manga is fantastic, though.

WHAT THE FUCK

It wasn't all bad.

If anything the film industry did better than usual.

>>>/a/

I enjoyed HBB when I was a kid. It was a fun dumb kids show.

You want to talk garbage, look at something like the Snorks.

Reminder that Adventure Time wanted to be a serialized, kid friendly version of Wizards and look what we fucking got.

We also got Chargeman Ken out of it.

Fucking fudgepacker.

Because it was fucking ridiculous. Those who grew up with this crap got a kick out HB's latest pile of copy/paste shit every week and it was fun to watch while drunk or high as that damn intro music plays. It was cute, comfy and stupid beyond measure. Just sitting there ribbing it was enough fun for many who would serve as the predecessors of Holla Forums.

A stinking pile of pretentious and convoluted tumblr-tier crap that destroyed our expectations.

This. The Snorks was legit created by an asshole who wanted to steal the Smurfs' fame. It was a greedy and soulless project.

But Bakshi broke because of the shitstorm he caused.

Ms America was damn fine. Wizards was okay, but Fritz was all over the place.