Naval Kino thread

Any good naval kinos?

pic unrelated

Battleship

tora tora tora
hunt for the red october

Everyone I know irl hated this movie, but I watched a bunch of times as a kid because it was fascinating and interesting. And all around a good movie.

Ghost Ship

The Master (2012). MC is ex-navy and half the film is set on a boat. Probably not the best fit but fantastic either way.

20 000 leagues under the sea
treasure island
black pearl has some good shots and the maelsorm scene is quite good

Why did they hate it? M&C is a great film. The chemistry of the men is fantastic, everyone does a good job, even the kids. Crowe is great as Aubrey. The sound design is great, the editing great. Was it too "gay" or something for most people?

They found it boring I guess.
I was always enthralled with it, but these aren't the sort of people in adulthood that would appreciate any kino.

Captain Phillips was pretty good with the exception of him crying like a bitch at the end because muh poor dead poverty mudslime pirate niggers.

does space naval count?

only as ironicKino!

The Bounty, sports a very impressive cast too but it's not that good

The Bedford Incident.

Made in 1965.
American Destroyer patrolling the northern circle finds an old type russian submarine (Diesel engine) where it shouldn't be and begins to give chase.
The Captain is a slightly unhinged character as he has just been passed over for promotion for making personal comments about government policy. Stubborn and hard edged.
The crew and ship are introduced to the audience through a civilian photographer who has come on board to do a puff piece about the Navy, however the photographer is a lot more interested in the Captain.
While the stalk continues we see a lot of the crewmen are against the Captain and his actions, but are either too loyal or too weak to stand up to him and question him properly.

This is a good movie. The tension builds as the crew is kept on 100% stand-to the entire time, the 4d chess they play with the Russian commander (who we never see except as dots on sonar), and the small mistakes and rising tempers as everyone starts to buckle under the pressure.

t. Made to watch this movie by family members that were 20 and 15 years respectively in the Navy.

jew propaganda

Down Periscope.
Kelsey Grammer shits on a 'superior' officer and makes a traitor walk the fucking plank during a war game. Absolute kino.

Crimson Tide

It's not kino but it's pretty fun.

Scarlet Wave?

That movie sucks.
You'd know this if you had actually watched it. It's like a made for tv movie.

The Last Detail

Possibly the most touching film ever made about autism. Unironically kino.