BANE: CONQUEST

Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan are coming back to Bane to do a 12 issue maxi-series.

Let it begin anew…

The fire rises.

Fuck yeah.

I am surprised people are still giving Dixon work.

DC want their readers back

That's a big series.

This is going to be so bad. Hilariously so.

Vs.
Ebin maymays.
It's a clear victory for the latter, hothead

did he died?

What you got against Knightfall, fam? It was the best of DC's "Destroy the Heroes" period.

Noooo, and do you want to know why?
He didn't have my permission.

oh good, i didnt wan him to died he was my best frend :)

KnightSaga is the best event of its kind

Desperation can lead groups to drastic measures.

Oh no, I love Knightfall. I love it because it's so fucking stupid.

Like Bane deducing Batman's secret identity by simply being Bane.

If by that you mean encountering Batman several times, noticing that Batman's fucked up and noticing that Bruce Wayne is also coincidentally fucked up, then yeah I agree. That's pretty stupid

The only thing stupid about it is that it hasn't happened more often.

It's not a ridiculous thing to figure out. Any Gotham citizen could probably guess if they ever sat down and really thought about it.

Put all that together and it shouldn't be that difficult to figure out. The rouges don't figure it out because they're insane or they just don't care who's behind the cowl. Unless all of Gotham rides the short bus to work, someone in the city has to know Wayne is batman, and keeps mum because he's fucking batman and would kick thier shit in.

I kind of like the idea that a fair number of people have figured out who Batman is, but don't expose him because they believe in what he's doing.

It's like that scene in the Spider-Man movie when Peter loses his mask while saving the train, and instead of taking pictures of his face, the citizens pick him up and hand him his mask. It's people standing behind their hero.

That page is from Batman #495. Bane wasn't introduced into the comics until Batman #489, which was after his Vengeance of Bane special issue.

Before this point, Bane encountered Batman once. Bane spent most of his time sitting around in his apartment. Considering that prior to this, Batman was clearly shown getting some sleep and had no noticeable injuries, it can be said that Bane figured out Batman's secret identity by simply looking at him.

Don't worry though, there's plenty of stupid in Knightfall, like how Bane becomes Bane because Bane tells him to become Bane, or how Dixon writes that venom fuses Bane's brain together, making him smart, when in reality it would make him super-retarded.

He encountered him at least twice (and Jean-Paul Valley as Batman at least once) and had him constantly watched.
Batman's fatigue was a key plot point of all the preceding issues of Batman and Detective
Bane pushed himself to be the best he could be. What's wrong with this?
…it's a comic book. This is the same series with the villain Amygdala

Once. Batman: Vengeance of Bane #1. In #489, he encountered Jean Paul Valley dressed as Batman who he apparently knew wasn't Batman.

I think the memes have eaten your brain, friend.

I'm going to take that as 'I have no rebuttal'

Ok then, let's talk about Bane figuring out Batman's secret identity. Bane had been getting most if not all of his information from his goons, and even then he was focused on Batman's villains so he could make Batman super-tired. Why would he suddenly think Bruce Wayne is Batman? He had never seen Bruce Wayne up to this point and most of his data about Batman was from secondary sources. There's really no reason for Bane to even suspect that Bruce Wayne was Batman other than Chuck Dixon knew that Bruce Wayne was Batman.

Bane becoming Bane because Bane told him to be Bane is absurd. Instead of giving Bane a solid motivation for wanting to break Batman, Dixon has him become Bane simply "because". Which becomes Bane's motivation for everything in Knightfall. Why does he want to break Batman? Because. Why does he fight Killer Croc, twice? Because. Why does he shoot the Riddler full of venom? Because.

To end with, go fuck yourself with a cactus for saying "it's a comic book". That's the sorry ass excuse people use to justify shit comics and shit comic book movies. Why do you insist that we're supposed to judge a comic book by different standards? Chuck Dixon didn't say "Venom made him smarter", he said "Venom would fuse the two halves of his brain". Chuck Dixon just threw that shit in there thinking it was smart writing. Just because it's a superhero comic book doesn't make him beneath mockery for writing about shit he didn't understand.

Here's another thing to mock Dixon for: How the fuck does nobody noticed a huge hairy luchador and his gay pride parade stalking all over Gotham? Just that page is hilariously stupid.

Silver St. Cloud figured out Batman's secret identity just from staring at Bruce Wayne's jawline.

It's Gotham. Anybody dressed like that who isn't a fetishist is probably someone they don't want to bother with. Stranger things have stalked the streets. Also, it's a comic.

It's also not like Bane and his boys were walking the streets, they stuck to rooftops of tall buildings.