Whats the last non-pozzed product AMD released?

Whats the last non-pozzed product AMD released?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Am29000
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bowel_syndrome
mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/discussion/2016-April/010912.html
amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/security
amazon.com/gp/product/B01FN9QT34/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
8ch.net/tech/res/857449.html)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AMD Am386DX/DXL-40

Because I know some cringey LARPer is going to post it, I'll get it over with
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Am29000

go back to GBS

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bowel_syndrome

???

Anything more recent?

"It has recently come to my attention that many in the free software
movement are unaware of a relatively new development on x86 platforms
that permanently removes the ability to use these platforms without also
continually executing signed, proprietary code at the highest possible
privilege level. All post-2013 (AMD) and virtually all post-2009
(Intel) systems contain this mandatory technology, and therefore, by
design, can never be converted to run using pure FOSS.

These signed, proprietary, binary-only firmware blobs must
execute on the service processor(s) before the main x86 CPU cores are
even released from reset (AMD), or will hard reset the entire system
after around 30 minutes of non-operation (Intel). These blobs continue
to operate on the service processor(s) as long as the system is powered
on, and in the case of the Intel ME they also continue to operate while
the system is powered off but still has access to power (e.g. plugged in
or charged battery attached). These services processors have full
access to system memory and all system peripherals, effectively giving
the binary blobs executing on them a higher privilege level than even
the operating system kernel. Due to the ability to access system
peripherals, these proprietary blobs could easily contain code to
exfiltrate encryption keys, remotely activate microphones and cameras,
plant unwanted data, or simply remotely disable the ability of the
machine to boot FOSS operating systems entirely. Finally, the Intel ME
firmware can be forcibly updated by a remote entity; it is unknown
whether the AMD PSP contains similar functionality at this time."

mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/discussion/2016-April/010912.html

That would be the FX-9590 which is the fastest out of the box FX proc without PSP, but requires special board. The FX-8370e once's come from that last few weeks of the final production line, they are the best they made. It is the low power version which is a specially binned FX processor for lower voltage leakage but virtually the same as the FX-9590. But the FX-8370e can clock higher on all 8 cores, expect about 5.0 GHZ on closed loop water.

Multi core performance at that speed is around the same as the Ryzen 5 1500/1600, single core is another matter.

Get a Gigabyte 990FXA or 970 low revision version like 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2 for BIOS instead of uefi.

this refers to architecture, Bulldozer or phisera is basically 2012 tech stretched to about 2014 but does not have these issues, while other 2013 era stuff like A10-6700 does have issues.

not worth the special board, heat, and power draw
just get an fx 8350/8370

Fuck that shitstain. Raptor Engineering deserves to go bankrupt with zero sales

Whew (((intel))), don't worry, I'm sure plenty of plebs will still be lapping up your backdoored chips

Get out. You are either a plant or a koolaid-drinking retard. Either way, you don't belong on this forum, so get out.

Hello agent, go to hell

this
the article is shilling against AMD with no evidence of wrongdoing, their products are unscathed of botnet components.

Is shareblue working for AMD again? Or am I the victim of a troll?

wheres the evidence?

Threadripper is non-pozzed in terms of price. Really good deal for the CPU itself.
The motherboards prices are pozzed, but that's not really AMD's fault.
Ram prices are also out of control right now.

Last? That would be an APU, the kabini line. Prior to that is Richland. Some also say stay away from UEFI, which I disagree with in principal, it's not comparable to intel ME but practically the mi5 hack shows it's unwise to trust its security. As for amd psp, not a lot in known, it may be fine but in principle it's bad. That said, the x86 instruction set itself is full of undocumented holes. These could have been used to compromise the compiler all your subsequent software was built with, leaving a backdoor type situation. It could be so completely compromised that's there's nothing you can do, you are constantly watched and there's no way you could ever know, the compiler used to compile your network packet sniffer was set to alter the sniffer to ignore certain traffic on triggers. You may have read the source code for all the software, you chose gentoo to go back as far as you could but the minimal compiler they started you off with was compromised so everything you compiled, fucked.

Go back to whatever shithole you came from you fucking faggot, imageboards != forums.

I think the last proper APU without PSP is actually Richland of which the fastest is A10-6800B from mid 2013.

Kaveri is only dual core 2.2 GHZ AM1 crap.

All of the new consumer AMD processors do not have PSP, Platform Security processor is only available on certain business class AMD processors like the PRO or EPYC series.
From AMD's page on the Platform security processor ( amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/security ):

Anyway, all AMD processors besides the opteron line do not support libreboot or coreboot. As much as I'd like to have a free software bios to tinker with, I understand AMD's decision to keep its BIOS and microcode proprietary as to make sure intel does not steal the design of AMD's processors by reverse engineering the BIOS or microcode.

Fucking hell, what happened with ram? It's tripled since I last bought it. Glad I got 32geebees now.

If is telling the truth, anything beyond 2013 is pozzed.
Meaning non-pozzed would be Sempron (64 bit) or Athlon (32 bit).

There needs to be a new CPU maker seen how the big boys betray us. Call it a conspiracy but if all this rot in both hardware (Intel ME) and software (Win10) isn't enough to push you away from new products it means you're a normalfag.

When technology works not for you but against you, reject it and boycott it. But who am I kidding 90% of you are schoolboys with smart phones and Facebook accounts.

This is wrong, Bulldozer/Vishera also does not contain PSP.

>>>/facebook/

Whatcha doin’ Rabbi?

Bulldozer+Vishera = AMD FX (2011-2014).
OK so Athlon, Sempron and FX. What else?
Because if you got nothing else then "pozzed after 2013 2014" is basically true.

Being gullible is what cost us a lot of things user so don't be gullible so stop being such a shill when yourself you have no proof of your own suppositions, especially when your in not in control over the shit that you bought and should own.

AMD DOES WHAT INTEL DOESN'T

That's Asrock UEFI specific IIRC. AMD might tell them to cut it out.

Supposedly it's a feature in the new agesa version.

No idea if it actually does anything but the fact that they acknowledge it is pretty good.

Not so much a "product", but amdgpu is really fucking good, with the FOSS drivers beating the shit out of even the proprietary drivers. Their CPU shit is still fucking horrible with embedded OSes in negative ring levels.

RAM demands fucking skyrocketed without any warning, and manufacturers hadn't planned for it, so stock is way short. It's expensive because supply is low, so don't buy it at the inflated price unless you really need to; it'll be back down to a reasonable level next year.

No, it's actually RAM manufacturers forming a cartel.

My shitty Lenovo laptop let's me do that, so I don't think it's Asrock specific.

PROPRIETARY FIRMWAREEEEEEEEEEEEE

its all.pozzed

the K-6

Even nouveau requires one for hardware accelerated video decoding.

Well, it's not like I NEED all that power..

Glad my 1090t was made before then.

I'd buy one but they are seriously overpriced IMO. Especially the 1100Ts. Opteron 61xxs are much cheaper, but the mobos are expensive. :(

OC'ing the 1090t gets you about the same performance as a 1110t, but yeah, they are a bit overpriced. I might keep mine after all. I was going to sell it for cheap.

Fortunately even my 955 BE is enough, only gaming and js-heavy pages require me to set the clocks to more than 800MHz. This platform is still very good. My cpu sorely needs a better cooler though.

The lasting power of the Phenom IIs is pretty good, for sure.

And yeah, honestly unless I'm doing gaming or stupidly over-JS'd webpages, the 1090t is more than enough.

Still upgrading this year, though. Probably going to get a Coffee Lake. All CPUs are borked now anyway, might as well get something with great single thread performance and more than 4 cores.

Ryzen is great but I'm waiting for Ryzen 2. Once that comes out, I'll give the 8400 to my girlfriend.

/blog

Nem AGESA firmware will enable mobo manufacturers to give an option in UEFI to disable the PSP. Firmware is still closed and cpus still require proprietary microcode, but I feel that this way ryzens can be quite botnet-free.

I think it is a good move they are at least paying attention to the people asking about PSP, with an option to disable it. It might not be ideal (as in open sourcing it) but they seem interested in opening it up in the future rather than Intel. Maybe in future Ryzen CPU's they will have a PSP that isn't a ARM design (ARM Trustzone they can't open source)

It wasn't this fucking expensive almost 3 months ago.

My 8320 handles basically anything I throw at it fine. By the time I have to upgrade I'm hoping there's decent options to avoid all this.

Got mine for 90$
amazon.com/gp/product/B01FN9QT34/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully Ryzen+/Ryzen 2 solves this problem. Their 1400 and 1500x are already more powerful than an FX-8350, but they don't overclock well.

This is incorrect. The PSP is there in all processor lines and is necessary to boot the main CPU cores. It's only the user-facing features of the PSP that are disabled on consumer SKUs. The same is true for Intel, except their botnet processor is built into their chipsets instead of CPUs.

Damn right. If FACEBERG, iOS/Android and Win10 (LOL ADVERTS LOL TELEMETRY LOL PHONE ACTIVATION) don't push you towards taking control there is no fucking hope for you. ME/PSP shit on every new major chip.
Every fucking piece of hardware is compromised by design and every service is out to fuck you raw of your sweet, sweet data and identity. As if the CIAniggers and NSAyys weren't bad enough. Silicon Valley needs to be hit by a fucking METEOR.

If it works, it works. Someone would have to test it out but if it does, I have respect for those rolling this out.

Is (((Intel's))) pr departement really this desperate?

For now we have to decide on what's least pozzed, and reluctantly use that.

Also, will in-order processors make a comeback?

AMD is kike owned unlike intel

FX-9590 owner here. The CPU is badly configured and isn't actually better binned. Any late manufacture FX is as good as top binned.

There are still intel Phenoms for sale in China if your willing to risk getting ripped off or i could just get one for you

Shouldn't that be Cohencidence? Missed opportunity, tbh.

Does it have to be Gigabyte mobo? I mean what exactly I have to look for when choosing botnet-free mobo?
I was thinking about getting asrock mobo, 970A-G/3.1 to be specific.

None of the AM3+ boards seem to be supported by coreboot or libreboot.

As far as I understand, the CPU might come without the PSP, but your system would still be vulnerable to things like that HDD-firmware backdoor.
(8ch.net/tech/res/857449.html)

So... is there any scenario in which a FX-8XXX setup could ever be considered unpozzed?