Social media reform

Now thathat trump will be president this coming January, I want him to begin working on social media reform. Basically, it's legislation to outlaw shadowbanning and silencing of voices via unwarranted suspensions and deleting user content for any online service that legally constitutes a social media service.

The services that would be affected most by this are Facebook, Twitter, and youtube.

Let's all put our heads together and define the perfect guidelines for social media reform.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Commerce_Act_of_1887
youtube.com/watch?v=zefN27xBmR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

chKEKed

there is already fraud and defamation laws that should apply to those situations. Trump will strengthen those laws. The EULA we all click to join those social media platforms are contracts and shadowbanning and capricious suspensions are breaches of that contract… all it will take is the right case and the (((jews))) will get jewed by the legal system.

That's pretty much impossible and kind of retarded tbh. It's their private company and they can ban whoever they like from it. The solution is public awareness of what a shit company it is and for a better free speech alternative to rise.

Just fucking kill yourself already

#Twexit

Op here. The way I see it is that large social media corporations have the ability to monopolize people's perceptions of the world. Everything we learn about the world is delivered to us by the media. As it is, the liberals currently have control over nearly all forms of media and, as we have seen with this election, have abused their power by delivering to tens of millions of people highly biased news coverage and also silencing people who wrongthink.

If you don't see a problem with the media sculpting reality and then handing it to us in a polished form that coincides with their liberal ideologies, you are only contributing to that problem.

This reform would apply to all social media, even those that may take a more conservative stance. It keeps the social media owners in check and allows everyone of all ideologies to have an equal platform

unAmerican and impractical

We're gonna need to higher A LOT more cyber police.

The government offering its own social media as a competitor to a free outlet for your thoughts is an option. A lot of older folks would get on board too if its .gov .

I hear they have that in North Korea

Sure is lolberg itt

Nationalize Facebook and Twitter. Enforce free speech rights and ensure any bans/suspensions have to have a document trail and legal justification.

Note: this doesn't preclude new social media from arising and installing their own rules, but it does guarantee a free speech zone on the web that millions of normies use.

You are mentally retarded.

That's not an argument, dipshit.

Does anyone here even post on twitter, facebook, or reddit?

This reads like a retarded Acid Man post.

Also, we don't need more retarded laws telling businesses and the internet what to do. The solution is to create alternatives and destroy Twitter as a usable platform.

The biggest problem with social media is getting people to switch over. That's why I think nationalizing existing platforms makes more sense.

No.

All you'd be doing would be silencing free speech.

Social media companies are allowed to ban whomever they want, and you don't have to like it. Period.

However, we could band together and create and promote our own social media site. We could also raise awareness about how shitty these sites are.

Fear not, anons, the time of evildoers is always limited.

Zephaniah 3:1-3 "What sorrow awaits rebellious, polluted Jerusalem, the city of violence and crime! No one can tell it anything; it refuses all correction. It does not trust in the LORD or draw near to its God. Its leaders are like roaring lions hunting for their victims. Its judges are like ravenous wolves at evening time, who by dawn have left no trace of their prey."

Hosea 13:6-10 "But when you had eaten and were satisfied, you became proud and forgot me. So now I will attack you like a lion, like a leopard that lurks along the road. Like a bear whose cubs have been taken away, I will tear out your heart. I will devour you like a hungry lioness and mangle you like a wild animal. “You are about to be destroyed, O Israel–yes, by me, your only helper. Now where is your king? Let him save you! Where are all the leaders of the land, the king and the officials you demanded of me?"

I meant to add something about God punishing evildoers and giving strength to believers there, but I forgot to, obviously, so here:

Hebrews 11:32-34 "How much more do I need to say? It would take too long to recount the stories of the faith of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel, and all the prophets. By faith these people overthrew kingdoms, ruled with justice, and received what God had promised them. They shut the mouths of lions, quenched the flames of fire, and escaped death by the edge of the sword. Their weakness was turned to strength. They became strong in battle and put whole armies to flight."

Proverbs 28:1 "The wicked run away when no one is chasing them, but the godly are as bold as lions."

You're dumb

That's not how life works

We have at least 100 stuck up computer nerds on this site and none of you will build a new Twitter type thing?

I can give you the ideas if you want

Your Jew god is an absentee father

You know how you can get around all that without imposing stupid laws?

Get Trump to make account on some other social media that already holds to those standards.

Nice meme!

Reported, then.

Or we just make our own social media site.

I'm actually liking this idea more and more. If sli.mg can do it, why not me?

Reported for admitting to being intl.

:o

Yes goy let's spend 50 years trying to convince people to stop using facebook and twitter. Not gonna happen.

Just like Trump's presidency was never gonna happen, right?

Fuck off, defeatist shill.

Hi Pao, haven't killed yourself yet?

But they can cry hate speech and get shit shut down with a whine.

yup, these companies benefit from some tax relief due to them being supposedly open communication platforms. If they won't be fair, then tax the shit out of them. They might not die, but at least you can pay to catapult paco over the wall with it.

well i mean we could also just filter you?

be glad for the chance for conversation lad

Phone, power, water, electric and gas companies can not arbitrarily choose who they allow on their services. There is even certain types of business newspapers and broadcasters are required by law to accept. Plenty of residence here. Trump could just have the FCC declare social media giants as public utilities and all sorts of oversite could be enacted overnight.

u wot m8? I was saying that the idea that we can get people to leave twitter and fagbook en masse is retarded.

I'm all for stenghening fraud and defamation laws that should apply to those situations which Trump is planning to do. Anyone who says "HURRR DURRRR THIS GIGANTIC COMPANY THAT OWNS 90% OF ITS RESPECTIVE MARKET IS A PRIVATE COMPANY AND CAN DO WHATEVER IT WANTS" is a fucktard.

When you have nearly a monopoly over a certain segement of the market you have a moral obligation not to abuse that power…. and the state is the only entitiy which can make a massive company like (((google))) (((facebook))) or (((twitter))) actually fulfill those obligations. Whether that be by getting the kikes and affirmative action college liberal dumbasses out or by some other course of action.

Read a book, nigger.

Where does a book come from? A publishing house. Who owns publishing houses? Media Conglomerates. Who owns those? Businessman. Do you think you can really escape it, user?

Social media at this point should be considered a national security issue.

actually, ever since mister absolutely subversive whistle-blower, but guess who was in power

The Bell Telephone Company was once a private company. Turns out, they couldn't do whatever they liked, we regulated them to hell and back because new technology often necessitates new regulation.

The screetching from Silicon Valley would be completely unprecented. 90% of the people in Tech are there because they think it is some kind of wild west, outside regulation.

Whatever Silicon Valley doesn't want, I am for. Lets do this!

Treat Social Media like the telephone system or railways, advocate for similar regulation. Social media companies, like phone and rail companies, should have no right to regulate the content that people use their service for.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Commerce_Act_of_1887

Considering how thrilled Obama/Clinton were with twitter's roll in toppling several countries during the "Arab Spring", it is exceedingly clear that social media is a matter of national security.

Nationalizing Twitter is an excellent idea. Just like we nationalized Amtrak. Building a new railroad from scratch was never even discussed.

There's this thing called eminent domain. Trump likes it.

Nationalize Twitter and outlaw Facebook. Not sure how you'd outlaw facebook, but there must be a way. Antitrust? Have the NSA hack Zuckerberg's car and drive him into a tree? There must be something that could be done.

Except they're not, they're all publicly traded (minus youtube, which is a subsidary of google), you dumb cunt.

The "free market" rhetoric ends precisely the moment a company goes public.

create laws against heavy datamining and then use that against facebook. the entire site is one big test of three letter facial recognition software. "tag all your friends in your pictures goy, make sure to get the tag right over their face! yes, let me suggest more tags goy, it will please all of your cattl-friends."

That's not even the point, though.

See:

They're not a fucking private company. They gave that title up for a reason.

So, you basically want to take online speech out of the hands of the corporations and put it in the hands of the federal government. Twitter (et. al) is a privately owned corporation. The First Amendment doesn't apply to it anymore that it applies to Holla Forums. Terms of Service applies.

In order for what you're asking to happen, the federal government would have to take over all social media. That would, in effect, turn us into Soviet Russia.

There are no federal defamation laws.

You do realize hate speech laws would ensue

We really just need to create a right wing version of all this shit and call it the "Free Speech Network"

And what about the leftists who will inevitably flock to it? Diaspora, for example, was an alternate to Facebook; but now it's another leftist mouthpiece. Will the leftists be given the same "free speech"?

The solution is to stop relying on (((principles))) and (((ideology))) that is used to constrict our interests.

It is not ideology which guides us, but interests which guides us now.

The only difference between a "publicly owned entity" and a "publicly traded corporation" is that the former is ultimately run by elected officials, while the latter is ultimately run by non-elected officials.

The processes and degree of tyranny possible are the same. If anything, tyranny is much easier in a publicly traded corporation, because investors and boards aren't in the public eye (only CEO's).

So the solution is simple- any media ("social" or otherwise) that becomes a publicly traded corporation (read: in it for the profit and endless changing hands of funds) becomes susceptible to the same laws and standards the government is held to (as though they WERE a "publicly owned" corporation). Then, enact laws which limit any "public" media outlet from certain activities (IE: shadowbanning, et al).

This ultimately means that press will truly return back to the hands of people (more, smaller corporations), rather than investors or the federal government.

36/49 legislatures so far. 2 more away from enacting our own constitutional amendments.

They are hate speech now. It will be put into the constitution.

And to what level is this taken? For example, can someone censor you from their own newsfeed if they don't like what you have to say? Is a newsfeed or twitter feed owned by the consumer or the company?

Honestly, the internet should be a wild place, and information should roam free. Be careful what you release.

I hope to see the implementation of superior encryption and peer-to-peer services facilitating websites a way similar to how ZeroNet does it, but with built-in encryption that is superior to Tor's.

This way, we're able to host websites based off of popularity, rather than who has the most resources, and all information may stay without regulation.

Because people never left MySpace en masse sometime around 2008…..

Not that I give a shit about social media at this point, but here are more platforms:

The battle for Reddit seems to be trending in our favor, with subreddits such as The_Donald, NewRIght, AltRight, NRXN, DarkEnlightenment, and NSAFiles doing a half-decent job of redpilling normies on at least basic issues, and attracting buzz towards anti-establishment policies that move the Overton-window to the right.

I know that Holla Forums has a distaste for essentially all of those subreddits. And indeed, has a distaste for Reddit in general, but waging the war there has ultimately been a net positive for us.

The trick will also to maintain some presence through various Tumblr pages, and eventually, encourage/prop up 4/pol/ and 4/b/ to conduct more raids on that platform.

Also, daily reminder that Holla Forums still represents the nomadic steppe raiders of the internet. We are the virtual manifestation of Genghis Khan, Atilla, Arpad, and every other hardcore steooe-dwelling motherfucker in history.

We will raid your website and hear the lamentations of your women, faggots.

Fuck off, Moshe. "Oy vey, this racist site doesn't give adequate representation to god's chosen people or (((PoC))) and keeps banning our paid shills… uh, I mean, innocent leftists. Shut it down!"

here's how to fix shit like twitter and facebook: STOP USING IT.

Everyone just needs to start using non-pozzed alternatives.

youtube.com/watch?v=zefN27xBmR4

The comments show why the US is the perfect ZOG host body. Even here, the "muh free market" seems to be considered the supreme value. Free market = kikes in power.

The NSDAP knew that, and that's why lolbertarians are always puppets of the jew.

Any media or structure that have a monopoly on a means to control public opinion should be nationalized or broken down, and be forced to abide by free speech laws.

Facebook or Google, both jewish, are very hard to escape without affecting your work or social life. The fact that they can control the news means that they can rig elections and be in full control.

Trump's election was a fucking miracle, and the kikes will do everything so that it don't happen again.

and how has that strategy worked so far ?

You think you can have 50% of Americans browsing /pol ? Most people are sheep, that must have a shepherd. If we don't become the shepherd, the kikes will do it gladly and slaughter them all for shekels.

Alternative media is the only way

Kek aprooves of your post
Considering how paranopids leftist are that Nazis have taken over the country, could it be possible to persuading into pushing for such a draconian anti censorship law across all of social media?
We could tell them it's so the alt_right boggieman won't be able to censor their Marxist cuckery

Isn't there some old wisdom about the laws you implement today being used against you tomorrow?

Trump won't be president forever
government taking anything over can be used against you as well in the future, idiot

ehhh the_donald is turned into a sjw trump fanboi circlejerk party. It was about anti-pc now they all try to one-up eachother about who is less racist. Was good while it lasted

Solution isnt laws since no one enforces them, distributed social networks get rid of censorship problems. Reddit like platform would need to be made too that gets rid of mods, puts power into users to mod by votes, and intra-sub vote weighting to prevent brigading and bot manipulation of content like shadow group controlling the_donald content

There should be laws that will apply to any absurdly large social media sites. Places like Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit there should be anti-censorship laws specifically relating to their users to prevent censorship. The main issue can be solved simply by making a government oversight program to make sure the terms and conditions are being applied to everyone equally. No more "We banned him for saying something possibly GG related, but here's a link to ISIS's official twitter profile!"

Webm completely random