Truths that Holla Forums doesn't want to accept

- Chromium and Firefox are the best browsers. A bunch of NEETs aren't going to write a competitive alternative, ever.
- Wireless mesh networking isn't an alternative to the internet.
- Internet based mesh networks, especially IPFS, aren't going to be useful anytime soon.
- Those anons who want to replace X with Y actually just want someone else to do all the hard work and get credited with the important job of "memeing" the project.
- Rust is actually a nice programming language with interesting concepts. Boycotting it because of its developers is dumb and not going to change anything, because most anons are lazy fucks who don't write anything useful anyway.
- There's no escape from Intel ME and AMD PSP, unless you go full RMS or use ancient hardware. ARM, OpenPower, MIPS etc. aren't going to replace your CPU any time soon.
- Widescreen 4K screens are an improvement to your hacking experience.
- VPNs are a bad meme. Most people who use them don't actually know what their VPN is protecting them from, and what its risks are.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/.
blog.mozilla.org/advancingcontent/2015/05/21/providing-a-valuable-platform-for-advertisers-content-publishers-and-users/
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/12/10/mozilla-open-source-support-first-awards-made/
trisquel.info/en/forum/chromium-unconditionally-downloads-binary-blob
rust-lang.org/en-US/conduct.html
youtube.com/watch?v=EBK5aKOr2Fw
twitter.
panopticlick.eff.org/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably.

Unfortunatelly, yes, as of now.

They are already useful.

- Those anons who want to replace X with Y actually just want someone else to do all the hard work and get credited with the important job of "memeing" the project.

I don't know and don't care.

True.

- There's no escape from Intel ME and AMD PSP, unless you go full RMS or use ancient hardware. ARM, OpenPower, MIPS etc. aren't going to replace your CPU any time soon.

I wouldn't be so sure. There was news not long ago about ME being completely hacked and decrypted. 2 Russian guys did it.

Probably.

I don't know "most people who use them", so can't tell whether it's true or not.

Whatever you say shlomo.

Krugman is just terrible.

I agree, but there's no reason to compete. Billion dollar worth companies will always be on top of trends hyped by hipster faggots. But writing something that works better in its niche is doable.
No shit? It's one of the alternatives for more secretive communication. Replacing the entire Internet with it defeats the purpose.
Useful for what, nigger? You can download shit right now. If people are using it, that means it's useful.
You care a little bit too much about this.
And this is why. Hello, Rust shill. Good job ignoring arguments against the actual language. Mentally unstable people cannot be trusted to run anything of importance, it's a decision of convenience, not a boycott.
Shiggy.
Yes, us based hackers should stick together and support a memescreen :^)
I know why VPN is useful to me and its' risks. Your "most people" asspull does not concern me.

Sage for replying to the most brazen blackpill bait on Holla Forums. Your chutzpah is showing a little too much, fellow anonymoose.

this site sucks
Holla Forums is dead
Holla Forums has 1/3 the traffic it did this time last year

Holla Forums was better with fagioli

When they start injecting (((fact checking))) in what you're reading on hatechan, remember to experience the feel of having said something profoundly stupid.
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/.
As an objective measure, it's been past 1.0 for a while now yet uptake is extremely low. The marketplace of ideas seems to be saying it's not actually nice. Of the very few large projects that have tried integrating it, even Mozilla had (and still has) a lot of pain just squeezing in 85k LoC into a 18M LoC project. Not good.
Widescreen is worthless for hacking unless you rotate it. And even Windows has multiple desktops now so there's no excuse to be using the side of the screen as a muddled dumping ground for a second task like I know almost all of you still do. As for 4k, what possible benefit are you getting? Do you program in 6pt fonts or something? I can't see a single reason why you need more pickles just to do some typing - explain yourself.

What is the US election season? Also, this site does suck, you should leave it immediately and go back to shitting up /g/.

Bulltshit. Many people in tech are mentally unstable, yet create amazing things. Terry, TempleOS and his schizophrenia. Ian Murdock, Debian and his suicide. You don't like Rust developers' "mental instability" just because their "mental instability" is on the other part of the political spectrum from you. Arguably, they are not even mentally unstable, just intolerant to hate speech.

Fuck off, stupid memer.

Fuck off rust shill.

So what, faggot?

Guess what? I'm not. I just don't get why you hate Rust so much.

Davis wrote a hobby OS that doesn't support anything critical. I don't like mental instability that interferes with work. If you sperg out about either muh hate speech, or 14/88 away from your co-workers and responsibilities - I don't care. But the situation with Rust smells like Damore 2.0 to me and there's no sense in supporting that. Then again, the ethics take a backseat once you actually look at the adoption rate of the language itself. So that's not the main argument against using it.
Great job responding to just this part, though. This definitely isn't a Rust bait thread or anything.

Okay, I see. Is there any nice overview of the situation? Is the project's management as bad as user tries to portray it? I follow no non-technical news about Rust, but find the project interesting from technical perspective. Again, I'm neutral on Rust, I'm not shilling it. I encountered the negative sentiment against Rust before, but the person who expressed it failed to provide any good arguments.

That's what I've noticed too, but maybe I was imagining it? Apparently not.

yeah that is because all of the anti rust shills actually can't program at all

Even though you ostensibly support my position, I don't share your black-and-white, us-versus-them mentality. There are many shades of gray between a Rust shill and anti-Rust shill. The guy knew how to program and advocated Nim instead of Rust. Nice trolling attempt though. (Well, actually it is not.)

The negative reaction to Rust on this particular board is due to a number of very dedicated shills that spam Rust-related shit everywhere. For me personally, their CoC is a red flag. It may be just managerial PR talk, but it suspiciously emphasizes creating a safe space and inclusion over just providing a technical atmosphere. Walking on eggshells when talking about serious projects is bad.

From a technical standpoint, Rust is original and it does do the job of allowing people from mostly webdev to work on Firefox. In terms of general systems programming, however, it does too much hand-holding and the platform portability just isn't quite there yet compared to C. But expect people to call you a faggot because we've had a month or so straight of "Rust replaced C and C++ already, cmissiles" from tripfags and the like.

That already happened before "Rust replaced C and C++ already, cmissiles" from tripfags and the like.
Holla Forums is full of embedded C LARPers that have never made a mistake.

I see, thanks. So, there were no big scandals like Damore vs. Google. Tech autists are just preemptively sperging out because they feel excluded due to Rust's CoC. Is that correct?

Honestly, I would write a web framework in Rust and run the next Daily Stormer on it, just for fun. Their CoC and license don't stop me from doing so.

No. Holla Forums is sperging out because Rust isn't C and C is literally the best language ever created.
Holla Forums is also disliking Rust because of all the webdevs that use Rust. One of the "arguments" against Rust a while ago was that cargo is a webdev tier package manager.

Except they're a lot more quiet. It's like "install Gentoo" for OS threads.

Pretty much.
They certainly don't. Though once you do deploy the next DT on it, there may be a sudden shortage of people working on the code and some "awesome" unmaintained fork of your code.

No??? Every Rust thread is full of anti rust shills.

Not talking specifically Rust threads, the board in general. Of course Rust threads would be full of them, just like how there's a shitstorm in every systemd thread.

Spotted the triggered Cfag who is going to be deprectared soon due to Rust.

deprecated

Like pottery. Re-read the post you quoted before you sperg out.

gtfo retard

sage

antisage

Just use multiple identities and do not contaminate. Or take an existing Rust framework, deploy the next DT on it and claim that the framework devs' support your website, maybe even donate them a hundred dollars. Plenty of butthurt from both sides is guaranteed.

OP here, wow, didn't expect Rust haters to derail the thread like that!

There already are plenty of half-finished, poorly documented web frameworks in Rust, such as Iron or Gotham. I'd definitely support you though!

i've noticed, but i wonder where those posters went. was it just paid shills trying to influence the elcetion for their sides?
if there's a better site than this, please tell me

Or they were chased off by all the shills and idiots.

You mean accidentally killing the entire site? Pretty sure anyone sane left or got tired of this place around that time.
No surprise the cancer arrived shortly after.

Have you actually used Rust? It is easy to say "so easy even a webdev could use it!" just because it eliminates the need for manual memory management, but in doing that it adds so many layers of overengineering it is not even funny nor easy to manage.

This is bait
Firefox:
Brendan Eich
POCKET
EME
>blog.mozilla.org/advancingcontent/2015/05/21/providing-a-valuable-platform-for-advertisers-content-publishers-and-users/
>blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/12/10/mozilla-open-source-support-first-awards-made/
Chromium:
>trisquel.info/en/forum/chromium-unconditionally-downloads-binary-blob
There's no fucking hope for a good webbrowser because thanks to JS you need a fucking browser the size of an operating system for everything to work correctly.
Blame the W3C, Webdevs and cucked sysadmins.
For a world wide use I agree, for a small group of local people it can work.
Any mesh network that provides anonymity for the client and server is useful in this time.
True
rust-lang.org/en-US/conduct.html
youtube.com/watch?v=EBK5aKOr2Fw
Yes there is
True
4K is a meme

Chromium is just pointless, when privacy-based alternatives exist, like Iridium.

That's about when Holla Forums went to shit, and now there's blatant
shilling everywhere. Come to think of it, I think that's around the time unironic shitdows shilling came out in full force here too.

Political extremism destroys everything who would have thought :^)
Your right the windows shills came about that time too.
The only way for people to not say about about a subject either it's political or not is just to fucking read before speaking or ask questions but no one seems to do that anymore.

- A special OS doesn't make you special
- A good PC costs money but you're a jelly NEET poorfag so get triggered when ppl talk about hardware outside of the stickied consumer thread
- You are part Indian/Pakistani because a Pajeet fucked one of your ancestors and every time a Pajeet says "I fucked your mother" he's technically correct
- Firefox became shit while you were circlejerking about special OS's and now you're stuck in circlejerk limbo about browsers while the world is passing you by
- Daz could have been your FRIEND!
- 90% of the time when a poster says something is a meme he's just plain wrong
- Most ppl only visit this board to laugh at your idiotic opinions
- Richard Stalman will never be POTUS

I know they suck, but others suck more. I agree with you about who is to blame.
But IPFS doesn't, does it? There's no encryption whatsoever and no proxying of data like Tor or I2P do. Now this might change with Tor support for IPFS, but there hasn't been any progress on that in quite a while. And even if Tor support finally comes, how many autists are going to use it?
Rust language != Rust developers
namely?

ME Cleaner

That's why I specifically said "to work on Firefox". Where this overengineering can be somewhat managed in-house and thought of as another bloated framework.

I think being delisted from Google's search results didn't help in this particular case. There wasn't enough natural traffic to dilute the shills. Issues with Holla Forums aside, in my opinion there's no sense in browsing one tech-related board. I enjoy the slow threads here but I also read /g/. The cancer from the latter is getting to me, but it's the only place with semi-normalfag topics that's not Reddit-tier.

Mormonism is actually a nice organized religion with interesting concepts. Boycotting it because of its recruiters is dumb and not going to change anything, because most anons are lazy fucks who don't worship anything useful anyway.

Is that supposed to be an argument against ideas that have shitty prophets? I don't know anything about mormonism (and I'm going to assume you don't either), but maybe it's actually interesting? Even if the implementation and its community is shit, can we learn from it?

Actually even if it's implemented It might overload Tor (or worse loose anonymity) because tor isn't made to be used like that.

Normally no but this is a special case with CoCs.
Devs indirectly agree the CoC when they use rust (even tho I bet that they don't even read it).
I just won't take any risk to spread a fucking cult that is also destroying the freedom of free software and open source communities.

Those you already cited.
You know compared to 2 years ago the quantity of RYF hardware has more than doubled, so yes it won't be tomorrow but it's still a thing.

Fallacy.
VPNs aren't bad just because people don't know how to use it or how to take advantage of it.

This. twitter. com/clementd Another faggot leftist openly inciting violence on Shitter. Let's tell xim what we think, and then start using their language but not contributing anything back. Technological appropriation begins today.

Mostly accurate, but...

Depends entirely on how you define "useful." Many of them are already useful. Don't confuse useful with "in common use."

It's really not worth paying attention to any of the Rust memeing on Holla Forums, whether pro- or anti-. The vast majority of people on this board, probably including you, are utterly incapable of making an informed, objective evaluation of Rust's technical merits, or lack thereof. It's all just memes about "safety" and SJWs.

Just silly. Unless you can't give up "muh gaymes" or you have some niche needs, an ARM SBC could be a daily driver for anyone who uses Linux. That Raptor system will be excellent, though admittedly out of reach for most Holla Forumstards because of price. Plenty of people here are running librebooted machines. There's plenty of escape from ME and PSP, except for manchild gaymers and people with niche computing needs.

VPNs are a bad meme ≠ VPNs are bad.

You can't help being retarded, but at least try not to be illiterate, too.

Did people actually reply to this?

That's the only one I strongly disagree with. IPFS just werks right now. "Not being used" and "not being useful" are two different things; torrents are sufficient enough to suit pirates and the current hosting services are sufficient enough to handle websites of all sizes. You won't see large-scale use of IPFS until Filecoin reaches 1.0, and it still might take a while.

Most of Mozilla's non-Firefox endeavors are pointless money sinks that never change anything and never grace the browser at all. At most there will be "fake news" warnings like they do with malware sites, which can be disabled, and it won't be right-wing news sites that are targeted but straight up hoax websites that pretend to be other news sites. (That fake ABC one still tricks people on this very website.) Anything else would prompt complaints and hard forks.

Nothing triggers anons harder than someone pronouncing their opinion as "truth", and calling everyone who disagrees "stupid".

who the fuck makes these memes? is there some smoke filled room of marketing execs sitting around thinking how to meme people into these memes?

sage for offtopic

sorry user for being so curt in

I think (you) missed the point.

Here (you) go.

Holla Forums is dead

Most of tech wants to fuck a squirrel (and you lust after her goat cousin even more).

Libbie-chan, temporarily, got it to shamble out of its tomb.

make an emacs chan that is only usable with an emacs plugin that way we know everyone can at least into Holla Forums enough to use emacs.

Chromium and Webkit. Agree that NEETs aren't going to to better.
Yet
Depends what you're doing.
Probably
There are many technical reasons to ignore it.
Are you going to tell me the sky is blue next?
Please don't ever call your web design work "hacking experience".
Irrelevant, Holla Forums isn't most people. Everyone here realizes what they do.

Enjoy the (you).

What is dead can never die.

Tyson probably would make a mascot for emacs if the FSF asked him... If he hasn't hero'd himself, that is.

Linux is shit and nobody uses it for a reason.
Richard (((Stallman))) is an obese pedophile jew that writes articles shilling for the legalization of pedophilia and can't even install his own OS. Stop giving him any credit.
Terry Gay Davis is a homosexual pedophile, violent schizophrenic, and a worthless loser only liked because he says "cianigger" and LOLXDSOFUNNYXD.
Holla Forums doesn't know anything about technology, just like Holla Forums doesn't know anything about videogames.
You're retarded.

wtf i hate linux now

At least at one time he was a debian fag.

More like it got /fur/ and other artfags to start posting here.

Maybe, but I'm not fucking paying 6,155 burger tickets for Windows Server Datacenter.

Please enlighten us.

TL;DR: You need to know who you're hiding from and what your adversaries capabilities are to decide how to hide. A lot of people don't, they expect a VPN to work like anonymization magic.

VPNs are great for hiding your internet activities from your ISP (except for the fact that you use a VPN). Your VPN provider however can see what you're doing just as much as your ISP could. The difference is that because you're using a VPN, your internet activities are more likely to be interesting (and thus yield more valuable data) because obviously you've got something to hide. On the other hand, a VPN company might not have the same resources for analyzing as an ISP. This assumes that VPN companies are actually different companies rather than different brands of the same company. They might all be fronts for the same government agency.

Government agencies watch both ISPs and VPN companies. VPN traffic is more interesting and thus more likely to be watched. If you ever switch between VPN'ed and non-VPN webbrowsing, your cookies and browser fingerprint (see panopticlick.eff.org/) can reveal a connection between your VPN IP and real IP. Expect all your internet activities to be more closely watched then, no matter with or without VPN.

As long as you don't log in to their service, Google and other social media companies don't care about your real world identity, they care about interests linked to fingerprints and cookies. So clearing cookies and using a common browser fingerprint will help more than a VPN. If you have social media accounts and, for example, only log in without a VPN but use the same browser for VPN browsing, they can identify you anyway through the same cookies and fingerprinting as government agencies do.

If you're hiding from copyright lawyers and using a VPN, you'll probably be fine.

Truths OP does not want to accept
- He is gay.
- He is homosexual.
- He is a faggot.
- He likes cock.
- He likes sucking cock.
- He likes licking cock.
- He likes having cock in his anus.
- He likes being HIV-positive.
- He likes licking other men's hairy anuses.
- He loves the taste of poo.
- He likes being covered in other men's semen.

underage detected

Objectively false, kill yourself.

Do you watch the whole screen the whole time when you're writing or designing things or using graphical user interfaces?

Tend to focus on roughly a square. Which makes perfect sense if you look at the binocular fields in that field of vision study. Widescreen is cancer.

This is a governmental fallacies but whatever.
Otherwise what you've said is mostly true has for what governments snoop on is more or less unknown tbh just assume that they snoop on all communications (because it's likely to be like that).
Anyway just use tor trough the VPN.

FOUND THE SHILL TALKING POINT!
You tried to hide it, you failed.

I know. Everyone got something to hide.
But why would you use Tor through a VPN and not a VPN through Tor? The latter would prevent Cloudflare captchas and make government snooping slightly less likely, wouldn't it?

And yet it is you who's bringing it up again :^)

There is literally nothing wrong with Lynx but Holla Forums are all weeaboos and can't make the switch because they're weak.