Is decentralization just a meme?

Is decentralization just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

ethereum.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What specifically is (((Torba))) talking about here?

yes

Context for pic? I know he cannot be talking about GNUSoc.

no

think he's talking about the butt coin makers

Ethereum is one.

ethereum.org

they say they're anti censorship but really they want to ban "nazis" and allow CP.

no, drown yourself you bootlicking russian cryptocommunist scum, go back to the gulag from where you were born you heathen ogre

This is a LIE. Gab had two people tell them they wouldn't be acceptable on their networks - Tor, and Ethereum. Tor was the big Daily Stormer debate, Ethereum was some guy on twitter.
This is part of the big Gab scam: They're starting an ICO, and they need to rile up the alt-right to get their money.

Gab can't exist anyway on .ai as there are all sorts of rules against offensive speech.

Besides the point. Gab is run by two kikes starting an ICO to make money from NRX and Alt-Right.

Source on Ethereum banning natsocs? Personally I agree with the statement that simple possession of CP isn't the issue; it's the production that's the problem.

no, but whatever context you expect us to know of is

"some guy"

nice try chaim.

If the Ethereum project was opposed to what he tweeted they'd tell him to delete it or make their own tweets saying it was false.

The reality is these open source decentralized projects are all run by pro-censorship communists and the only censorship they actually oppose is the censorship of CP.

Wow what a crazy moron. Builds a framework for decentralized apps to avoid censorship, and then implies that he can and should apply censorship to it.

Open federated networks like Mastodon, Diaspora and GNU Social will tend towards censorship when the big instances begin to blocking allegedly illegal or controversial instances, then turning against any instances federating with the blocked instances. Filesharing without an encrypted overlay network, like opennet IPFS and torrents, are also subject to censorship.

To solve the problems of centralized social networks that a decentralized network sets out to tackle in the first place, a sustainable decentralized social network will have to be resilient to mass surveillance from both malicious nodes and network level adversaries (such entities must be assumed to have motivation to control the network regardless of their political affiliation), and should have an open and immutable content/destination/identity indexing system, such as a blockchain or monitoring resistant DHT, as opposed to centralized trackers or I2P's trust based user-curated address books.

lmao ok tough guy. what is he gonna do, take a shit in my driveway?

I guess he could sage your thread on 8ch.net.

He no longer represents the project in any official capacity. He is just "some guy".

Freenet (and similar) have a great anti-censorship track record. Freenet itself is only missing onion routing capabilities. If Freenet onion routed between nodes, pedos on it would be safe for another decade or more!

But freenet does onion routing of static content, doesn't it? And it offers ways to implement somewhat interactive content similar, pretty much the same way IPFS does. It's been there for many years. Peer-to-peer TCP-like connections are against the idea of freenet though.

if you're building a content based network like IPFS or Freenet, yes. If not, why would you want that? But I think we should focus on actual communication networks anyway that don't focus on storing data somewhere but rather on delivering data from one node to another.

I've been imagining a WoT system similar to PGP for a while that actually solves the problem of establishing trust between keys (in the real world, PGP doesn't) while maintaining usability. This can be the base then for determining trustworthyness of mesh net nodes and platform independent automatic key exchange for instant messaging services. Is anyone here interested in working on such a project?

1. *Premix Routing* is a layer of "onion routing" at the beginning of a request, to protect against correlation attacks.

This will be difficult to implement, the best option is probably to divide the darknet into cells, groups of say 50 nodes within which the topology is published, and choose 2 random nodes from within the cell (with each node in the cell equally likely to be picked), to tunnel through.

Then your anonymity set is the cell.

We cannot just choose a node and then a node connected to it, because if the first node is evil, the second node may be fake.

Choosing two nodes at random from the cell prevents predecessor-probability attacks. To prevent fraction-of-a-splitfile attacks and node downtime attacks, we need the cellular structure.

Note that the above is for darknet. It's likely that we will need a completely different mechanism more like what I2P or Tor does for peer selection on opennet.

2. We cannot practically use onion routing on Darknet, but rendezvous tunnels may achieve something similar, by sending a bunch of (partially) random routed anchors out and having them meet up and use a shared secret scheme to establish a tunnel. Hence expertise with tunnels can help Freenet in the medium term. As it will slow things down we may only use it for those blocks which are predictable, or on those nodes with the strongest security requirements.

1. *Premix Routing* is a layer of "onion routing" at the beginning of a request, to protect against correlation attacks.

This will be difficult to implement, the best option is probably to divide the darknet into cells, groups of say 50 nodes within which the topology is published, and choose 2 random nodes from within the cell (with each node in the cell equally likely to be picked), to tunnel through.

Then your anonymity set is the cell.

We cannot just choose a node and then a node connected to it, because if the first node is evil, the second node may be fake.

Choosing two nodes at random from the cell prevents predecessor-probability attacks. To prevent fraction-of-a-splitfile attacks and node downtime attacks, we need the cellular structure.

Note that the above is for darknet. It's likely that we will need a completely different mechanism more like what I2P or Tor does for peer selection on opennet.

2. We cannot practically use onion routing on Darknet, but rendezvous tunnels may achieve something similar, by sending a bunch of (partially) random routed anchors out and having them meet up and use a shared secret scheme to establish a tunnel. Hence expertise with tunnels can help Freenet in the medium term. As it will slow things down we may only use it for those blocks which are predictable, or on those nodes with the strongest security requirements.

decentralized networks require time and money no normal person has.

its a NEET dream.

Are you actually retarded?

Regarding CP: Possession of CP means you need to get it somehow. If the CP-makers distributed it online, they're probably making money off it (ads), and then they can make more. It's just safer to get rid of all the degenerates with CP so the demand for it is reduced.

Ur mother's just a meme.

>>>Holla Forums
go back there and pretend complaining about muslims online stops them from annihilating the west

shitposting chose the president. :^)

go suck jewish dick

and will you do any better?

Drop any cheesy slices for me bro?
:^}

yes. >>>Holla Forums