MAIA MAKE AMERICA INTERSTELLAR ALREADY

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING BOYS

Just when you tought 2016 couldn't get more crazy, NASA publishes a paper confirming that EM drive works.

archive.is/zrpYc

I HONESTLY NEVER TOUGHT WE WOULD GO FROM MAGA TO MAIA SO FAST LADS

where were you when the dark ages of kike physics died and aryans started to claim the galactic lebensraum?

Other urls found in this thread:

arc.aiaa.org/doi/10.2514/1.B36120
archive.is/Q1njm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unruh_effect
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US-A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNAP-10A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOPAZ_nuclear_reactor
phys.org/news/2016-11-theory-gravity-dark.html
youtube.com/watch?v=T1TUqw96iVw
focus-home.com/games/battlefleet-gothic-armada
wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1802
archive.is/reE9V
web.archive.org/web/20161007230839/https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1802
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Mitchell
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Mitchell#Views_on_UFOs
archive.is/zrpYc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White–Juday_warp-field_interferometer#Interferometer_experiment_with_an_EmDrive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayabusa
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_ship_moves
youtube.com/user/ThunderboltsProject
ptep-online.com/
alienscientist.com/brown.html
scalarphysics.com/
montalk.net/science
youtube.com/user/rdistinti
peswiki.com/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9EPlyiW-xGI
arc.aiaa.org/doi/pdf/10.2514/1.B36120
orgonelab.org/miller.htm
youtube.com/user/ColdFusionNow
projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/slowerlight.php#relativity
archive.is/CsQkY
childrenofadeadearth.wordpress.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=jCAqDA8IfR4
youtube.com/watch?v=69z_IN64EG4
8ch.net/log.php?page=1&board=pol
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Interstellar travel when? Hopefully Proxima b is at least close to habitable

But HOW does it work and can I build it in my garage?

you probably can

but the thrust it produces is so low that you won't be able to use it in Earth.

Don't worry it's the first iteration of the technology, it will be perfected.

Aryan space magic.

That's pretty much the same thrust as a flashlight.

nah it's 2-3 orders of magnitude higher, altough it's still 20 times lower than VASIMR.

I say we ship one of these babies to the ISS and have them take it outside, turn it on, and video tape it moving in outer space.

that's the plan for 2017.

Anyone care to explain what it does and how it relates to space travel?

It pushes stuff that you attach it to in space, without fuel.

We have no idea. If you figure out how it works please contact Harold White, at the Eagleworks Lab, NASA.

Fucking hell…
WRONG

It pushes stuff you attach to it in space, without a propellent. You still need fuel to power the thing ya dummy.

where were you when flat earth was real spastic

what the hell is it pushing back ?
for every action ——

Best I can tell is that it's a fancy horn antenna that generates thrust with nothing but radio signals being pumped into it. That means that you can go forward relying on nothing but electricity – no chemical fuel tanks required. You don't have to carry extra MASS just to move. You could make a space ship with a nuclear engine that generated electricity and fly basically anywhere, accelerating at a very slow rate for weeks at a time to reach insane speeds.

I bet you can tune the frequency when building it too. Might be able to have a 1488MHz rocket one day.

Fuel and propellant are two different things?

Damn.
Looks like were close to having a space race war.
Count me in.

A propellant or propellent is a chemical substance used in the production of energy or pressurized gas that is subsequently used to create movement of a fluid or to generate propulsion of a vehicle, projectile, or other object. Common propellants are energetic materials and consist of a fuel like gasoline, jet fuel, rocket fuel, and an oxidizer.

Yes, in this context they are different things.

Daily reminder that project Orion is the better than your shitty eco-friendly em-drive

So are you saying it's time to finally conquer the stars?

Simple explanation for you guys. I assume the numbers are shit since it is from a magazine, but this is basically how it works.

It requires energy, not fuel.

I guess I don't know the absolute technical definition of fuel, which may encompass a lot more things than it is generally intended. But assuming by fuel you mean a liquid that undergoes a chemical reaction in order to produce energy, you would not require fuel. Although it certainly could be used.

You could also generate electricity via solar power or nuclear power. Now granted, such power generally uses nuclear fuel rods. As such I suppose they must exist under the banner of fuel, hence their name. However it's a lot less work to move a fuel pounds of nuclear material then it is to move around billions of gallons of traditional fuel.

You may technically be correct, in so much as all techniques that produce energy may require "fuel". You would be wrong in any aspect of thinking that we need giant boosters filled with a combustible fluid.

The best kind of correct tbh fam.

WEW

cuckchan /sci/ is having a meltdown, many of them laughing at "dark-energy/dark matter bullshit" and converting to the church of Kek.

SHADILAY

pffft
Nah.

The Alcubierre-drive is what I'm exited about. Faster than light travel with no G-forces.

user please do not insult mysticism by associating with filthy hook nosed heebs thank you

This is great!

This, and project orion will lead to a new space age

All it needs is magical unicorn dust to run.

(checked)

Microwaves inside of cavities are fucking weird and despite having spent months studying antennas and EM radiation, I still don't quite get microwaves in cavities. The cavity magnetron resonates like a flute when you blow over the mouth hole in just the right way, but it's not air blowing past it's fucking electrons.

Waveguides and horn antennas are, somewhat, easier to understand and that's what I think this thing looks the most like, but it's probably not. Or maybe it is, EM shit has a tendency to be deceptively simple – it's just that extremely tiny changes in the geometry of anything you're using totally change how the EM radiation works.

Excellent taste.

Fuck off LARPegyptian. The greatest Jewish mystic Einstein just keeps getting BTFO and it's absolutely glorious.

MAKE NASA GREAT AGAIN!

Alcubierre-drive is great for making Jewish "relativistic" weapons since all the space dust becomes devestating projectiles when you stop.

This thread is about the Jewish mystics losing. Try to keep up.

They put it outside and once turned on it goes lightspeed, and we enter a new era

Are we never going to travel FTL? Are we doomed to an extremely slow speed in relation to the size of the universe? Are wormholes forever impossible? I just want everything in the universe cataloged and explored. Is that too much to ask for?

do you understand the implications of defeating relativity?

Suddenly the limitation of lightspeed is no longer there.

I think the "speed of light" meme is getting flipped on its head thanks to a certain Danish physicist.

The engines don't move the ship at all. The ship stays where it is, & the ENGINES move the universe around it.

What is the anthropic principle?

It's almost as if you're a pedantic faggot

Right animator, wrong show.

Measurement of Impulsive Thrust from a Closed Radio-Frequency Cavity in Vacuum
Abstract
Introduction
Conclusions

Fig. 14 Forward thrust mounting configuration (heat sink is black finned item between test article and amplifier).
Fig. 1 TM212 field lines in dielectric loaded cavity: red arrows represent electric field, and blue arrows represent magnetic field.
Fig. 12 Split configuration: The photographs show how the pendulum arm was loaded with the test article on one end and the support electronics on the opposite end, serving as ballast. The thrust trace illustrates the quicker rise times for the pendulum in response to an impulsive signal.
Fig. 6 IR imagery of test article after testing: left pane shows RF amplifier and heat sink; middle pane shows phase-locked loop; and right pane shows copper test article. Imagery was taken by a Fluke Ti100 thermal imager.
Fig. 15 Reverse thrust mounting configuration.

arc.aiaa.org/doi/10.2514/1.B36120
archive.is/Q1njm

A nuclear power generator will do just fine.

Quiet you.

The EM Drive is propellantless. It still requires energy. Fuel is used to produce energy for the EM Drive; not propulsion.

It's not even an "almost as if you're a fucking retard". You are a fucking retard.

Exactly.

I'm assuming that the EM drive works because it's somehow related to the Aether. Any cyanpilled user that's aware here?

Not even that, you can easily power it using a few solar panels. It's literally free force being generated from nothing.

In all practicality, while this is cool as Hell and calls into question Newton's laws of thermodynamics(!)… can this engine really do anything but send small probes further, faster?

Wew lad, it's always been the propellant that's been the bitch because of the finite-ness of it. Again, you know what he meant, don't be pedantic.

That's basically nasa's working theory though they haven't used those terms since the physicucks would either kill them or commit suicide

Massless particles always go the speed of light. If someone has proved already that c isn't the speed limit, it would be an amazing discovery shared everywhere. I'm still waiting on that, but I'm hopeful

If it works for something small, it will work for something big too. If the science works, then scaling it up is just a matter of engineering.

Why stop here?! Let's meme inter-dimentional travel!!!

No, it's not free force and it's not being generated from nothing. When you turn on your microwave it isn't heating up your food for free as a result of nothing. It's heating up your food with radio waves at the expense of electricity.

The EM drive replaces the rectangle shaped microwave with a cone shaped microwave, and instead of transferring energy into heated food it transfers energy into thrust.

Does she have two vaginas?

pic related

Solar panels are less efficient than solar sails in this specific application. You retards can stop talking now.

Actually they behave more like sound waves and c changes depending on the medium those massless particles are traversing. See frozen cesium.

short answer: it's potentially unlimited delta-V

long answer: since you need no propellant your ship can be smaller and also you can maintain acceleration for as long as you have power, which is easier than getting loads of propellant int space. Best case scenario you can maintain a tiny acceleration for 2 years (orbiting near the Sun and using solar energy for example) and get to relativistic speeds.

You're right. I meant in a vacuum it is always c

You're right that it's not free energy (which implies a system can generate net energy), but until we start getting a bill from the Sun it's free in different ways.

I was going to say solar sails but I didn't want you to trigger you into saying

hush pedant

Kind of like that time in Kerbal Space Program where there was a fuel consumption bug if you set your thrust percentage low enough. All you had to do was get into orbit and then activate the super low thrust bug and speed up time for a while to get up to speed.

to be fair, fuel is usually = propellant.
as everyone with a fucking brain knows, a rocket engine works by throwing really fucking hot gasses at really fucking high speeds.
in this scenario, this engine doesn't work like that. its more akin to a car engine- it doesn't throw anything out. (except for maybe the carbon gas, but that doesn't power movement.)
it does require fuel, but only for power production, which goes to the engines.

potentially I think is the key word there. if you can get unlimited power (read: fusion), then yes, unlimited delta-v.

stfu jewish mystic. E != mc^2

POWER THE EM DRIVE

I already chose her as my waify for that fore-head which looks like a puci.

good thing we are orbiting a giant 1.989 × 10^30 kg nuclear fusion reactor, then.

Fusion isn't unlimited power since it requires hydrogen or helium-3 as fuel, its just extremely fucking efficient at energy generation than any current technology we have right now.

Whoops, looks like you ousted yourself. Consider hiding your merchant urges harder next time.

So, could a big colony ship circle around the sun for a time, accelerate, and then accelerate even more (close to light speed) with nuclear power and this drive, the decelerate with chemical rockets when it's about to enter the new solar system? Because sounds great, we just have to figure out how to keep people alive for the trip.

inb4 humans steal Sol and use it to power a gigantic EM Drive thus casting the rest of the planets aimlessly into the cosmos

Yep, that's correct.

In the book Accelerando interstellar/galactiv travel was accomplished using virtual machines with digital crew member clones.

If by “aether” you mean “fluctuations in the quantum foam”, then yes.

I don't think that this drive actually calls into question the conservation of momentum. We already knew that photons could produce thrust, and can therefore move something without expending any mass.

Microwaves are a form of electromagnetic radiation, and therefore a model in which they are considered photons instead of waves or probability functions would obviously produce thrust.

The fact that a microwave emitter produces thrust is nothing new. I think it's the fact that it is producing magnitudes more thrust than expected is what is so shocking.

The fact that it is using a resonance cavity is probably the key here. We may be seeing a phenomenon more closely akin to something like a Tesla coil. Where this device produces a lot more of something than we expect because of it's physical configuration and it's utilization of a frequency that we obviously can't conceive of at a human scale.

The swing is being pushed back and forth so quickly, that we never actually see the resonating activity that lead to the much larger swing than we would expect from the input had the input simply been applied as a constant force.

it isn't? I thought the thing was self sustaining. thanks for the correction

we need to kidnap /tg/

user we can't accelerate to even a tiny fracion of c using chemical propellant, what does make you think we will be able to de-accelerate (which is exactly the same as accelerating in fact) with them?

Sounds fun.

You use both to go in a direction.
If talking about math, you have two forces colliding but instead of canceling you create a third direction. That means, your first two forces are not perpendicular to each other, thus the resulting force goes in a different direction.
See it as the wave function of the wave collapsing in a certain point, under a certain angle, creating the photon going into the desired direction, creating the Reaction you were mentioning.
Talking about electromagnetic waves, the bets I can assume is they use two signals coming which would form a sort of spiral each, and by letting them collide under a certain angle they create that third new force should be greater than the first two thus "pushing" the whole thing.

See it as the wave function of the wave collapsing in a certain point, under a certain angle, creating the photon going into the desired direction, creating the Reaction you were mentioning.

I really wish Tesla lived longer and wrote more things down. Nobody understood electromagnetic resonance as well or as intuitively as he did. We probably never would have figured out radio transmission as early as we did without him. Nearly everything was about resonance and precise tuning and matching with him.

And Trump has his notes.

repeated the same sentence twice, sorry about that.

Marskolonien when?

though the middle of the book was pretty degenerate i think it painted the most realistic picture for post-Singularity "humanity"

If this works, we'll be sticking reactors in our spacecraft. It's already been done many times with radar spy satellites.

my main hype realistically speaking is if this will enable space mining.

Space mining is just a stepping stone. There is really not much reason to mine in space unless you want to use those mined resources in space too, e.g. to build a very large spacecraft in orbit. Some particularly rare and valuable materials may be worth it to mine in space and bring back home, but the bulk of it will be mined for space use.

What's it going to be thrusting against?

that is no different than using a laser pointer, and claiming to get propulsion from the photons.
you are forgetting that photons have no mass.

question still stands, what the hell is it pushing backwards, for the vehicle to move forwards.

(checked)
It's interesting how much channeling texts and other mystically-derived works keep hammering on vibration, resonance, and frequency as being the key to traveling between worlds and into other dimensions. Certainly, understanding these concepts has been the bedrock of 20th century technologies like radio and electricity. But we still seem to be missing something important. Maybe it's the right shape, maybe it's the right material, maybe it's the right idea.

Right Wing Space Revolution Squads

Ripples in quantum fluctuation is the current theory. Basically it's pushing against the act of space-time and matter communicating.

Come on, it is just a front for money laundering.

Just fucking stop already, it's the equivalent to people thinking the only way they could fly is if they made themselves a bird suit.

The æther.

Do you need a seatbelt when riding in?

Of course, it's not as if they'd be using a gravity manipulation system as is basically the only actual way we're going to get off this planet.

No. If the thrust is significant and constant, then the back wall of your spacecraft nearest the engines becomes your floor. This assumes the acceleration is significant enough to be felt, but not much more than 9.8m/s^2 unlikely it would be even that high.

This honestly, kind of.

Or this.

No, that's a gravity manipulation system.That's ununpentium.

That's not how it works. To maintain orbit at a constant distance you need constant speed. You would get farther and farther from the sun as you accelerate. Solar panels won't make the most of this tech, you need a nuclear reactor or similar.

Nuclear batteries are already a thing.

I have never understood the controversy behind this. I know a decent bit about how it works: microwaves bounce off of the cone and transfer their (extremely small) momentum to the craft in the process.

Doesn't that mean microwaves are the propellant? How does this the violate law of conservation in any way?

What if, instead of a constant supply of energy to create a constant speed, you only need a big amount of energy,about 1.21 Gigawatts, to push the thing through the desired distance?

Does anybody know why it works despite violating Newton's 3rd Law of Motion?

Did someone say graphene supercapacitors?
phys.org/news/2016-02-3d-ultrafast-graphene-supercapacitor.html

Are you referring to the mars rover? That doesn't produce much energy at all. It takes of the fact that plutonium gets kinda warm if you have a little bit of it, this warm material is surrounded by thermocouples that each produce electricity in the millivolt range (if that).

No, the photons do not leave the cone. There are thrusters that work the way you describe but this is generating far more thrust.

This just in, holographic universe is real too, and gravity is also an illusion. :D

The future is going to be bright.

http:// bigthink.com/videos/gravity-doesnt-exist

True, they could stand to be a bit beefier.

Although I understand that the best way to save space by stacking circles and spheres create a hexagon, I can't help but see (((them))) in such patterns.

But user, that's not how a rocket works. A rocket works because gases exert their average pressure equally on all sides of their container. The combustion chamber of a rocket is their container. And the act of combustion is what creates the pressure. When a nozzle is opened at one of of the container, the pressurized gases exit the chamber without exerting force on that area of the container, which creates a net positive force on the opposite side of the container.

When a rocket is activated, the force isn't being applied by the flaming fumes coming out the ass end. The force is being applied on the opposite side of the combustion chamber.

Now if you stood behind a rocket, and got hit by the hot gases moving at high speeds, they would inflict a force upon you. And the force they would inflict upon you, is the exact amount of force they DIDN'T inflict upon the ass end of the chamber, which is why the front end of the chamber was able to scoot the rocket away.

To illustrate this, imagine there are only two particles bouncing back and forth in a rocket between the front, and the nozzle door, hitting each end of the rocket at precisely the same time. Every time one of them hits the nozzle door it is saying "I really want to make the ship go backwards!" but at the same time, the other particle is hitting the front of the rocket saying "I really want to make the ship go forwards!" They cancel out.

But as soon as the nozzle door is open, the one moving backwards leaves the ship without exerting it's force. At the precise same time the one moving forwards hits the front of the rocket and says, "I want to make the ship go forwards!"

Well now, it pushes the ship forwards because his little buddy fell out the open door into space and can't provide an equal force upon the other side of the rocket.

Now you just have to scale this up to an incomprehensible numbers of particles, and instead of going back and forth perfectly front to back, they are moving in random directions all over the place. Mathematically speaking, we can assume that every particle that flies out the open nozzle door in the back has a corresponding partner going the exact opposite direction towards the front. More often that not, their vectors aren't completely forwards and backwards but exist and contact at angles that simple over time provide an average movement as though they moved precisely front to back.

Or to sum it up, a rocket doesn't work by throwing flaming super fast gases out it's ass end. That is an unfortunate side of effect of trying to maintain a pressure differential in the chamber. If we could maintain a pressure differential in the chamber without throwing shit out, that would be ideal.

You may already know this. But I want to get this out there before the morons who show up and claim that rockets don't work in space show up. They fundamentally believe the particles leaving the ass end are pushing against other particles in order to move the rocket forwards, and therefore declare that rockets don't work in space because the shit leaving the ass end has nothing to push off against in the vacuum of space.

Intergalactic Space Crusaders

That's actually sad news because if gravity doesn't "exist" then like another virtual concept, time, we cannot really manipulate it.

This was interesting. Thanks.

Just aim towards the center of the thing you're orbiting to get high speed without breaking orbit.

t. kerbal engineer

Nuclear batteries can actually produce hundreds of watts, but they are still woefully inadequate to run this sort of device.

this is amazing

I think the EM drive has something to do with Unruh radiation.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unruh_effect

Shame the test that OP just posted shows that it only produced 1.2 mN of force.

What about really tiny little probes?
It'd be a start.

POINT
EMERGING
PROBABLY
ENTERING

Nuclear batteries aren't particularly small. From a power/mass standpoint, I'm pretty sure you'd be better off with a proper reactor.

Fair enough.
Is there a safe way to lift the fuel rods to orbit?

Currently processing the fact that I just learned rocket science on Holla Forums.

Yeah, it's called "distract the hippies and do it when they aren't paying attention" It's been done many times before.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US-A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNAP-10A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOPAZ_nuclear_reactor

Awesome.
Titan here we come.

With 80 watts.

holy shit

That's 1.2 more mN of thrust than it is supposed to.

Nice full house.

You would be surprised what a photon can do given enough to time.

…..so basically, we could get to Mars in 70 days instead of 2 years.

they still don't know, as far as they're concerned it breaks the laws of physics, but they're confirming that it does indeed produce thrust.
this just confirms that we don't have the laws of physics nailed down yet.

TIME TO PAY UP

Lad, solar sails have always been viable. Photons' masses are negligible, but they're there and they can exert force with the proper quantity and direction.

One of the most viable colony ship ideas was just 'make a solar sail and shoot a fucking enormous and absurdly powerful laser at it from Earth.'

When can we expect to see it in use?

Think about that force in space.

in the absence of any resistance, what does that mean?

As soon as NASA starts getting the sheckles it deserves, read; as soon as Trump's presidency makes China start getting uppity

Sometimes I think people forget that the process that creates our universe is the collapse of the wave function into a photon, thus creating matter out of energy.
How to create electrons and other particles out of those photos is unknown to me, but the creation of matter is the collapse of the wave function

Pick one and only one. Photons have ENERGY, and it is the direction of that ENERGY that pushes solar sails.

damn. I now know why a rocket works, and why a mentos+coke rocket works, and why pressurizing air in a container and releasing it like in a straw with a paper covering works… damn.

That guy came up with a new theory for gravity. It has nothing to do with special relativity.

So, zero shekels?

NASA is welfare for intellectuals. With no free market income.
Le black science man is a product of those kikes

it has everything to do with special relativity, because it's a formula based on holographic universe theory, which is a form of string theory, which was devised as a solution to special relativity.

It's a theory based on a theory, but the math adds up.

read
They are created from a process which does not have mass, an electromagnetic wave.
Double slit experiment is the example here. Light created a wave pattern, throwing that light to a detector, identifies particles, or things with momentum and we defined that momentum comes only from things with mass.
So ya, mathematically and experimentally Photos have a mass and are created by things moving at the speed of light.

in space there's no resistance. acceleration therefore becomes exponential. It can keep creating additive force and before you know it will be approaching the speed of light.

link pls

just press alt+f4

(checked)

Holographic principle is the specific term. It's also a pretty good metal album by a group called Epica. I found all of this worth mentioning for 3 reasons 1: Their singer is very anti-globalist and a bit of a conspiracy fan, 2: The whole album just fits with the election (I swear the song Divide and Conquer makes me think of Soros), 3: The whole band made a point to put on Fawkes masks right before a couple of songs, D&C being one of them.

Fusion reactors in stead of fission, but even better would be if we could store anti-matter for a long period of time like a fuel to combine with normal matter for insane amounts of power

It uses electricity. it's still within conservation of energy, which is merely abstract 3rd law of motion when you think of it.
The real fun comes if we figure out it's using Unruh Effect. At that point were just straight make inertia. But we do need to fuck with the geometry more.

Thanks user!

They should consider wave guide tubing.

So are we getting our American space Reich or not?

What the fuck are we going to call the country after we annex the Moon and Mars? The United States of North America, Luna, and Mars?

I am really feeling it now.

IT DOES NOT WORK

Everyone is losing. Their. Shit.

Every is everyone upset?

I wonder if this unexplainable phenomena has anything to do with the most recent theory about Gravity, which also dispels any notions about dark matter or energy.

phys.org/news/2016-11-theory-gravity-dark.html

The energy expended to store antimatter (magnetic bottle = continuous power needed) far exceed what we'd get out of it. Nevermind what it takes to produce and isolate it.

I can taste that debt slave's tears.

I think that's how it works.

What the fuck is he doing on /sci/, spewing bullshit like that? The EM Drive is nowhere near a warp drive.

Because from everything they've learned and studied for a long long time there may a large portion which is false.

They're in their 20s, they can suck it up.

Using electricity to create microwaves that can create minute thrust. Which in space is kinda a big deal since you don't need to carry rocket fuel to do most of the traveling.

If thats the case. thats some dank fucking shit. we could be cruising on pure Inertia we just fucking generate. That's instant go, bro.

A significant amount of fuel won't need to be used for storage genius. That means some of that space can also be used for more stuff. Please don't talk like you know shit.

They didn't study, they merely repeated what was told to them.
I studied Physics and it bored me out of my fucking mind, even now I keep doing my own Maths and Physics research, starting over from the double slit experiment, slowly analyzing the geometry and the possible mathematical functions which would explain what is happening, then checking with already proven experiments and finding relations and mistakes.
If they are upset for learning something new and being told they were wrong, they are no worthy scientists nor academics. They do not love learning nor evolving, they just want status.

So did this basically happen for physics?

Is that an alien?

Actually isn't that somewhat relative in the sense that there IS still some resistance, although it's probably for most cases effectively 0. The thing to keep in mind (and think about from a nearly-free-energy standpoint) is that there is plenty of radiation of all sorts (including, possibly, the bands that are most effective for this sort of propulsion) being thrown about the universe.

So the next question; could we build the thing such that we have the cosmic background radiation/etc directed INTO this resonance chamber, lowering or even eliminating the need to power it?

No. It doesn't work like that. You still need a power source, and you're still losing heat to your surrounding.
It's simply a very efficient propulsion system.

The further out from the sun you get, the less efficient they become. You can't travel to Alpha Centauri with solar panels in a human lifetime.

did this basically happen?

..That's why we won't be powering these with solar panels. Nuclear power will be the way to go with this sort of engine.

They will probably be a colony like Puerto Rico until they achieve autarky and secede.

I always knew Einstein was a tool for the jews to slow down the space race.
ANTI-SEMITE!
youtube.com/watch?v=T1TUqw96iVw

Yep, this.

Using the asplosions of thermonuclear motherfucking bombs not only saves space for fuel but allows us to ride around in something the size of a cunting aircraft carrier with acceleration that'll leave your copper-bong-powered-coffin in the dust you smelly hippie.

I think the worlds we claim will be renamed in honor of the God-Emperor. So Mars will become Trumptonia or somesuch, and so on.

NASA has gotten shit done. Bring it back to its roots. Apollo. Mercury. You know, back when it was primarily white and didn't have to worry about PR.

Mars will be renamed Don(ald)

Luna will be renamed Ado(lf)

Oh boy

Thank you Rocketeer-user. That elucidates things quite well. Capped for posterity.

What is this?

German.

This explanation is bs because they are also bouncing off the walls frequently enough to compensate for the lower thrust on the small end per the geometry of any closed topology.

This isn't to say the EMDrive doesn't work, it does, but the greatest thing about it is that modern physics can't explain it, meaning there is something BIG missing from physics in the realm of converting electromagnetism to inertia.

if only

Microwaves are captured in resonance chamber. Quantum effects at the point of reflection cause a probabilistic bias in the creation of shadow mass. This results in a tiny but measurable force.

Can EM melt steel beams?

EM drive means Ether Mover drive.

With enough of it, it can.

All the internet experts are saying this shit doesn't actually work, and these experiments were insufficient. So the jews are going to try to bury this.

Resonance is a really simple way to get low energies to be used efficiently enough to have the effects of high energies.
There is still something massive missing from mainstream physics, Tesla was a great scientist but not the greatest of all time, he just lived in a time before physics veered way off course (well, while it was veering way off course) so he had a working knowledge of actual physics at the peak of the time (and this time because no progress has been made discovering new physics since then, only engineering issues.)

I wouldn't be surprised if this ties into the Mach Effect. A microwave resonator isn't exactly the same as a high frequency capacitor stack but it seems like it could draw upon similar principles.

shiiiiiiiet

It because (((they))) know the effectiveness and symbolism of flower of life based geometry in our world/nature, it just works and its ancient knowingly.

Terra, Luna and Mars with the rest of the celestial bodies in the Sol System will become a part of the Imperium of Man.
It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself.

One has to wonder once you get to such high speeds focusing the radiation may heat up your guiding much more than the material can absorb. I don't know if there could be ceramics which would guide you as good but not break down after such high use.

Stop being materialistic faggots, you are ruining everything you idiotic bunch of proud mandatory kikes.
Essence > Substance, all this science is shit-tier garbage.

So ghise, we got a god-emperor and a space drive now… you know what this means, right?

GAS THE XENOS SPACE WAR NOW

I can kind of understand it if you've made it your life's work to build upon scientific laws, which then turn out to be false, that you would be pissed off and potentially want to throw in the towel.

However, I can't imagine that this would be the case for most people who would be getting rectum roasted by such discoveries. I struggle to understand that, when there's a, potentially, game changing discovery that would open up new doors for future research, the immediate reaction of someone who claims to love science is to have a seizure and rage quit.

Is it fear that the knowledge they have worked to accumulate might not have any worth? Do they hate the idea of having to answer "I don't know" to some of the questions that they previously had answers for? Are they pissed that they didn't forsee this? Are they wary that it could be another cold fusion claim that isn't replicable? Did they just aspire to memorise all of the rules of physics, rather than understanding them and building on them? Or is science really just very pozzed where people cling to it like a religion and use it to status signal to one another?

Of course.

So to molten alumninium bombs can as well.

But if that was the case, it would have meant that the airplanes were specifically aimed at that those places exactly. Only state run simulations could have pulled that off…

Because modern university scientists are first and foremost legitimately autistic losers who are trying to apply order to the world. Imposed order soothes their autism New discoveries upset their imposed order, which triggers their autism.

I think at that point Mars is just part of America.

Let's put it this way…
The Nazis had the laws of physics nailed down, but the governments that had been threatened by their technology made sure the incorrect physics was taught at our schools & universities, in an attempt to keep real physics hidden from the common man & exclusive to themselves.

FUUUAAARKKKKKKKKKK SAUCEEEE

dont know you fucking retard but i would look at the 1st few frames of that webm with all the text saying " A GAME MADE BY A COMPANY" and google any 40k game they made

Sure, it is not. E^2 = m^2 c^4 + p^2 c^ 2.
Sir Isaac Newton was not a Jew.

Special relativity wasn't created by Einstein per se. Relativity of simultaneity was done by Poincare, for example. The novel thing Einstein did was postulating speed of light as a constant (and even that was formally present in Lorentz transformation).

What the sleazy kike did was put together various theorems known for decades.

focus-home.com/games/battlefleet-gothic-armada

Shit tier.

Thanks!

SPACE WAR NOW

2017 confirmed for the year we begin the Great American Space Expansion.

Sure has been an interesting year.

Praise Kek for 2016

Reminder of the wikileaked email that talked about exactly this.

Priest chopping down a sacred Druid tree.

Link please.

>wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1802
>archive.is/reE9V
>web.archive.org/web/20161007230839/https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1802

Why do you think this is a microwave thruster

Kek

I think it's likely that a large interstellar ship would have multiple different power sources that are most efficient at different phases of the journey.

Solor collection panels/sails for orbiting the sun to achieve relativistic speeds, capacitors of some type for storing as much solar power as realistically viable, and then a fusion power plant to be used for in-between stars and for deceleration.

Just being straight up with you, this looks like spammy garbage. Did Podesta actually reply to it?

Remember: They said the EM drive was impossible.
Where there's a will there's a way.

tfw we will meme aliens into believers of kek.

What are we supposed to do with dune coon, regular coons and kikes ?
Seriously, are we going to have to deal with these retards for the next 10 000 years ?

idk, but it's from a real astronaut. He died earlier this eyar.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Mitchell

Believe what you want friendo. I think we've got ayylmaos right around the corner. Will Trump be the one to finally make that announcement?

Fucking ayyys, let's see how morally superior and nonviolent they are when the American Imperium comes to take their resources.

As a sidenote, I predict we'll have a working theory for warp tech within 20 years.

we can mass exodus this gay shitty earth an leave all the libshits behind once and for all. cant wait!!!

Its an interesting thing, but look at the name of the sender. and the fact that it might have come out as a way to distract us as it came out when important emails came out.

Seriously, someone reply to my question, what are we going to do with them ? We already have to deal with ragheads who have ICBMs do we really want some more tards from semitic tribes with "space age" weapons and transportation ?

Only to create manufactorums on another planet, build up an arsenal of advanced weaponry and return to Holy Terra to reclaim our ancestral lands.

There are no ayys forbidding us from going to war.

But from what I understand, it's just microwaves reflecting back and forth in a cavity. Conservation of momentum would predict that nothing happens. There's something else at work here, provided NASA didn't screw up the measurements.

Uplift lower races using the American Dream and eugenics-via-incentives. Civic Nationalism is where we're going. It's gonna be all of us against the ayys

I know the mails are probably bullshit but we need to implement some kind of rule like the one in star trek.

we don't know it's from a real astronaut, we know that whoever sent it wrote out an astronaut's name. I find it real difficult to believe that an astronaut, a member of the AF with a Top Secret clearance at least, would talk about this kind of shit freely and openly in an email to someone not even closely operationally related to whatever work he would have been doing as a Zero Point Energy consultant.

But if you were a person trying to get info out of Podesta, someone who thought that Edgar Mitchell was definitely doing all this stuff, and you were also fucking batshit, you might sign his name to an email and say all this shit just to gauge Podesta's response.

No fucking way.

Here's a rule for you: Purge all Xenos.

The universe is rightful human clay. If any ayy wants to stand in our way, they'll feel the tread of our space boots.

I'm not talking about aliens, I'm talking about niggers of all shades.

What is the entire Middle East Alex?

You fucking pussy. WE SPACE WAR NOW.
NO ONE CAN BEAT THE AMERICAN-RUSSIAN ALLIANCE

This. Because White man's burden totally didn't fuck us over.

Ayys are just space niggers, user.

Too late friendos. Don't think we have a choice anymore. Uplift wouldn't be difficult I think with today's technology to enforce indoctrination, passivity and most importantly distraction. ie maybe two full generations under a Goverment+Social Media+Hollywood regime that works for good and not evil

I think bullets are cheaper. Get out of here with your cucked civic nationalism. We space imperium now.

Think of Muad'Dib's Fremen

Yes we have a choice, we must fight.
Most people are already tired of niggers, we just have to remind them of the "white man's burden" and how it didn't change anything. Fuck civic nationalism, our civilization is too important to abandon it to chimps and kikes. 14 words.

Reddit is down the hall and to the right.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

How are you going to paint your ship lads?

Black and the logo would be a black sun.

neon pink and a giant holographic banner that says "ass; n tit e"

Completely black but with an emitter array capable of creating a succession of frog memes on the prow in IF radiation. I'll broadcast our glory to the stars when it's called for but be invisible otherwise.

(checked)

Thanks for the text. 1.2 mN/kW is a bit disappointing, but still usable.

I didn't understand why there were reverse impulses at t=5s to 30s and t=148s to 170s.

It's nice to see that the article addressed forward and reverse configuration without reversing any configuration other than the resonance chamber. The existence of a null test with no measured thrust is also encouraging.

haven't even thought about it yet, maybe something like what you see die antwoord do, all kinds of fucked up.

It isn't thrusting, Kek is pushing on it to make brainlets kill themselves

one could say it is fueled by memes

actually, with the EM, it takes roughly 10 days.

One could perhaps speculate that one day we will zoom across the sky in our nazi spaceships powered by dreams

Mitchell talked about ayys publicly too. He just liked spamming politicians with paranormal horseshit.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Mitchell#Views_on_UFOs

:)

There's only one true option here.
BIG
RED
SUPER
FASH
STAR
DESTROYERS

MEME
EMEM
EM(2)

MEME DRIVE

So it's efficient as fuck once powered up. However I do wonder, how scalable is this? The EM force is strong, sure, but just how cost efficient are these puppies at generating the electromotive forces necessary for thrust? I am seriously retarded at physics and physical chemistry so please excuse my ignorance on the topic.

Some Dutch guy solved Gravity on Nov 8th too. It got overlooked because MAGA.

the main thing is that this effect implies that the way we model inertia from EM forces is probably completely flawed.

If we were able to fully understand it, I think we'd find that the optimal way to take advantage of the effect probably isn't the exact shape of the EmDrive cone as it stands now.

So, I suspect that it would be "scalable," but it's as likely to be a huge snarl of "resonance chambers" occupying the volume of a refrigerator as it is to be restricted to "enormous EM-spraying traffic cone," which would probably end up being massive.

Does this mean that the inertia generated by an object's EM force is quite possibly not necessarily dependent on its own mass? Meaning its acceleration when experiencing EM forces isn't necessarily dependent on it's own mass either?

Because that goes against everything I've learned when it comes to EM fields. Excuse me for being retarded if I did indeed type something retarded right now.

little did we know that we will also meme different dimensions into reality and anime will actually be real

actually, with the EM, it takes roughly 10 days.

two spatial dimensions, three temporal ones. Time, Mood and Plot.

Magnetic Ether Movement Energy Drive

probably whats gonna happen, gonna be nice to get some practice in before anime Valhalla

spacex just got fucked in the ass

Africa is still going to be full of aids, but if we don't end that "white man's burden" mentality with nigs, taco, sand nigs and kikes they're going up there with us.

archive.is/zrpYc

1.2±0.1  mN/kW

1 millinewton per Killowatt
PER
KILLOWATT
In other words, 1 entire Megawatt to produce…1 single newton

Wow. It's fucking nothing.

Wanna do some coloring?

Trump's magnetic personality + High energy + Kek = Bending the laws of physics to our will

There's your formula.

That's not going to happen in real life, we need actual solutions.

Thank you, this is the kind of stoichiometric analysis I wanted, but I'm too retarded to put it into words.

Also how retarded is this

statement?

It's for space travel, genius. There is no resistance or drag. Do you understand what that means?

The only actual solution would be an epidemic. Only way to truly cleanse thenurban areas and remove shitskins with bad hygiene pratices.

Did you read what I said? AN ENTIRE FUCKING MEGAWATT

Yes, why do you think I replied to you? Did you read what I said?

It's the charge field.

It sets up a charge behind itself and then pushes off it.

It's so simple it's funny that you pretend they don't know, (((they))) just don't want us to know.

Redpilling people seems like a better alternative.

oy vei goyim remember the gorillion watts

What does he mean by this?

Are you people stupid or something? The average space satellite like Deep Space 1 has a power supply of only 2.5 kilowatts, meaning no more than 2.5 millinewtons of thrust, you may as well try to propel your spacecraft using a fucking flashlight

I think he saw that satellites mysteriously moved when using a certain form of communication and built a device that mimics that. I think he has no idea how it works either, right?
Its like those guys who can tell what sex a chicken is or what countries bombers are coming in without actually knowing why.

Do you know what a vacuum is?

Do you know what the thrust capacity of Deep Space 1's ion thrusters is?

About 90 millinewtons. Meaning this Meme-drive is something like 45 times LESS efficient. You idiot.

it really is a meme machine

pls respond

you actually know what you're talking about and I thirst for knowledge.

oy vei oy vei oy vei it can't possibly work goyim, here look at this nearly twenty year old probe!

Literally not an argument

Ok, so you are actually stupid. It doesn't use a propellant. Is this really the first time you've heard of this?

more modern spacecraft should be even better, yet the EM drive is 45 times less efficient than a 20 year old space craft this guy seems right I shouldnt have bought into the hype

This test was to see if it's actually working, trying to keep it as interference-free as possible. This may very well be the least efficient setup for this drive possible, now they can test more efficient versions. This is a "holy shit physics are wrong" report, not a "look at our awesome product" report.

Not sure how I feel about this.

"We're not entirely sure how this works" is not the same as "EINSTEIN DISPROVED ALL OF PHYSICS IS WRONG"

Holy shit just admit that the meme drive is exactly that: a meme

Yes, and? That wasn't what this discussion was about.

You're the one moving goalposts here lad. I just explained in mathematical terms why this engine is 45 times less efficient than conventional ion thruster engines.

And I explained how this isn't the finalized drive. The first prototype of the ion engine was less efficient as well.

There is no propellant. Ion drives require a propellant supply that will wear out. Also, I really don't know why I have to explain this to you, but the machine used in this experiment would not be the actual engine used on an actual spacecraft.

If it makes you feel any dumber, I don't even think it works either. But if it does, it goes to Mars in 10 weeks. The moon in 4 hours. Etc. It doesn't use a propellant. Is this your first day hearing about the emdrive?

These guys will have to make some very, VERY serious improvements to increase the engine's efficiency 50-fold. Besides that I hate the argument of "it will be improved! Just you wait!" while the same was said, and is still being said about cold-fusion and other hyped up discoveries that never held water.

Where the fuck are you even getting these numbers? Show me the calculations. I'm waiting.

A Chinese team at the Chinese Northwestern Polytechnical University ran a test at 2500W and measured a thrust of 750 millinewtons. The best ion thrusters achieve about 250 millinewtons using 7 kw. This is far more thrust per watt. That is around 7 times more efficient, not to mention we don't need to carry around a thousand pounds of compressed Xenon gas.

Did you think propellants have no mass in space or something?

I'm just gonna go on a limb here and say that you should probably trust the test conducted by NASA more so than one conducted by the Chinese.

Keep in mind though that newer probes like Dawn produce 10 kW at 1 AU, and also carries roughly 30% of its weight as fuel. One could (probably) add more solar panels with this drive, since I take it size and weight restrictions come from having to launch it into space.

I'd say the big novelty is propulsion without propellant though, meaning solar panels or other means of producing energy would work very, very well, and probably scale with power input in a nice way.

And again, you're forgetting that ion drives require 1000 pounds of propellant.

No? Deep Space 1 required no more than 80 kg of Xenon propellant, which was about 20% of its weight.

Your mom

When these things happen i always get excited about the future. this current fucking year have been fucking great. then i remember all the anons that didnt get to experience this and will never know how great it is to be alive to see the future

I'm not talking about probes dipshit.

If you're talking about anything more massive than probes then you're going to have a bad time with 1.2±0.1  mN/kW of thrust, friendo.

Whatever dude. Take it up with NASA. You insist on believing the machine in this experiment would be the actual engine used on a spacecraft. I really don't know how to help you.

https:// www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/04/evaluating-nasas-futuristic-em-drive/

Where are you getting this? Look, the delta-v requirement to get from low Earth orbit to a Mars transfer orbit is about 4300 m/s according to Wikipedia. Now, let's calculate how long it would take the EM drive to achieve that.
m = 9
F = 88 * 10^-6
F = m * a
a = F/m
a = (88 * 10^-6)/(9) =9.778 * 10^-6 N
v = v0 + at (v0 is zero since this is a change in velocity)
t = v/a
t = 4.398 * 10^8 s
t = 122159.0909 hours
t = 5089.962121 days
t = 13.945 years

So yeah, tell me how far you had to stick your head up your ass to find "roughly 10 days"?

Thank you based maths user

Holy shit. You two actually think the Emdrive would be used to launch stuff into orbit?

Power efficiency is much less important than fuel efficiency in space.
If we're talking about fuel efficiency, the MEME drive is literally infinitely more efficient.

Note that the drive actually accumulates thrust as you gain speed. It maxes out at like .67 or .8 c or some shit.

You realize that's 0.088 mN right?

That is not what anyone is saying here and you know it. Stop strawmanning.

(checked)
RTGs can do a bunch of kW. But they're not very efficient. Any serious space-faring ship is going to have a nuclear reactor by default so there is really no reason to consider RTGs to begin with.

Also acceleration is in units m/s^2, not Newtons.

Did you show Dr. Harold G. "Sonny" White how his math was wrong?

Thankfully I didn't even need to go through the pain due to this lovely gentleman at

HEY FAGGOTS!

If we detect cute aliens QTs waifus I'll be in charge of making first contact.

>these two proposed missions (to Mars and the outer planets) would use a 2 MegaWatt Nuclear Electric Propulsion spacecraft equipped with an EM Drive with a thrust/powerInput of 0.4 Newton/kW.

You are using 1 millinewton/kW. Go email Dr. Harold White at NASA and tell him he's wrong because he's using the wrong amount of thrust.

Except his numbers are wrong and he can't even keep his units straight. This is basic kinematics.

t. Engineering Student.

I don't understand any of this nerd shit.

Dubs confirms, if she has a sister I'll be the second.

This is in direct contradiction to the peer-reviewed journal cited and published just yesterday. I'm not buying it.

1. Find universes where everything is perfect for you
2. Remove self-kebab
3. Assume his role in perfect universe where zero calorie donuts rain down from the sky and Dyson makes blowjob robots instead of vacuums

Think about the fact that in the past people were executed for discovering things that went against the common held beliefs of the intellectuals of their day.

Never forget that humans are petty, violent, and irrational apes.

It might work, but miliNewtons of thrust is pretty much useless when working within the confines of any gravity well. We still need the following for space colonization:
1) a reliable, safe and CHEAP way to launch mass to orbit. Launching shit into orbit is the first stop to anywhere, and it takes a pretty huge amount of deltaV all things considered. Currently we're building a rocket worth hundreds of millions of dollars for every single launch. Better alternatives include SpaceX re-usable boosters, as well as things like Skylon - an SSTO space plane.
2) a way to actually move the many millions of tons of cargo and equipment around the system. Milinewton drives just aren't going to cut it, especially not for manned missions. For this we need trochships - aka "Point and scoot". There are currently two potential designs in existence, project Orion and mr. Zubrin's insane Nuclear Salt Water Rocket - which is basically a continuously detonating nuke inside a rocket nozzle. These are the only craft we can currently conceive of capable of moving arbitrarily large amounts of mass on brachistochrone orbits (accelerate -turn around - decelerate).
The EmDrive, even if it somehow actually works despite making no sense with any of our current models of how the universe works, is still among the low-thrust high Isp family of drives - nice in theory, utterly impractical to actually use for anything.

I don't buy it either. But the experiment is a proof of concept. You know that right?

I call dibs on fifth contact…because by then we should know if their vaginal secretions dissolve penis-tissue.

It's a proof of concept that means nothing significant. All claims of "disproving Einstein" are major exaggerations. I don't know what you're trying to get at, at this point.

Yeah ok, achieving thrust that violates Newton's third law means nothing significant.

Once again. "We don't quite know how this works" is not the same as "ALL OF PHYSICS IS WROOOONG"

If dubs, we become type II civilisation by 2100

I feel like this year is shattering so many pre-concieved beliefs. In 2015 I was incredibly depressed and thinking that I was born at the worst point in human history. Now everything is turning around…

I could have killed myself last year.

rollan

Nice strawman. You're a complete fucking idiot if you think this isn't significant if it's real.

If you do high school tier maths algebra on this, you'll see it violates conservation of energy. Basically, re-mass counters constant acceleration because you have to bring the mass up to a kinetic energy level first before dumping out the arse of your spaceship to go faster at constant power input. If you have no re-mass, there is no balancing factor and you are essentially making up free energy.

This is a propulsion system that runs completely on power, it requires no fuel and therefore it has an infinite specific impulse. Not only that, but it creates orders of magnitudes more thrust than "a flashlight."

As if that weren't enough, the thrust fucking increases as you increase the kinetic energy of the system (increase the velocity). This maxes out at like 0.7 times the speed of light. It's a fucking relativistic subluminal propulsion system.

No. It supposedly violated the conservation of momentum, not energy.

Shadilay for all our fallen brothers, shamalamafam.

Violates*

I'm salty.

What is uranium?

Nobody is talking about violating any laws. We are talking about more thrust than expected from an EM photon.

But we aren't talking about sooo much more thrust from the photon than it is causing more energy in the form of thrust than it requires to operate.

If the EM drive actually did that, we'd have perpetual motion.

The only thing that is being violated is our current theories regarding the amount of momentum that photons carry. And even that isn't necessarily being violated, it may simple be a new field of manipulating EM fields. Essentially we are living in the stone age of electrical theory and we just discovered inductors. Every one is freaking out and claiming that our whole notion of resistors is wrong. When in fact, our theories regarding resistors is fine, and this is simply a new phenomenon that we have to explain.

It violates both. Conservation of energy is what I refer to because it's the baseline for every single fucking branch of physics, not just mechanics.

This is how it harvests extra kinetic energy.

The only thing this drive supposedly violates is conservation of momentum.

Nobody has ever claimed that the EM drives violates the conservation of energy. Such a claim would mean that by simply turning on the EM drive, you could turn off the power supply and it would supply enough thrust to turn a generator that could supply it's own power to run the EM drive and continue to turn the generator.

What some people claim is that it violates the conservation of momentum. First, photons carry momentum. It has been recognized for quite a long time that it is feasible to run a small craft on electrical energy alone and not actually have to expend fuel. The real argument however, is that the photons in the EM drive are carrying magnitudes more momentum than they should be. That is what the conundrum is. How are these microwave photons carrying more momentum than normal microwave photons?

nice double dubs

Photons are sub e/m field and exist as a charge field. The only reason this announcement is surprising is because it goes against current mathematical models which ignored Maxwells old displacement field.

I thought photons are electromagnetic (hence electromagnetic radiation)? There's a magnetic wave that runs perpendicular to the electric wave in the direction of motion.

Goebbels nearly killed himself before the Reich. Keep that in mind.

A charge field would be an electric field, it's a vector field that exists around a charged particle like an electron or a proton.

The Oberth effect simply states that you can accelerate better when you are aided by a massive object's gravity well, due to KE scaling quadratically. I'm currently wasted and no physicist, so I don't actually remember what the case was for EmDrive violating conservation of energy.

No. E/M field is like current or a magnet. High volt static fields are E/M also. I'm talking about the baseline sub atomic charge field made up of photons.

It also applies as you accelerate faster and faster, because as you said, KE scales quadratically.

Wut. Are you talking about how the photon is the force carrier for the electromagnetic force?

There are Electromagnetic Fields, such as what electric motors utilize. Then there are forms of Electromagnetic Radiation. Electromagnetic Radiation is currently described by QM as manifesting as a Probability Wave. However, most fields of study will analyze light as either a wave, or a photon.

EM fields =/= EM radiation

These are two different things.

Also, electrostatic fields are neither EM fields or EM radiation. They are completely different. EM radiation isn't even close to the same thing. EM fields work like magnets, where as ES fields work based on charges.

I think he's talking about how the photon is a force carrier, but I'm not sure.

close enough

However, most fields of study will analyze light as either a wave, or a photon.

It's a spinning particle. Has a waveform per-say. Charges build when photon spins are in alignment. Or anti-photon spins are in opposition :^)

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. You very well could be correct, I'm just completely ignorant about photon spins or anti-photons or any corresponding charges. I'm just lost at this point.

While I accept that our current models are what they are, I mostly just try to keep up with their overarching main ideas, because I honestly don't believe that either QM or Relativity is ultimately correct.

So once we start having to dive into quantum spins and shit, I'm out.

This is incredibly wrong.

Depends on whether we leave the niggers behind or not… seriously Venus is more habitable than Detroit right now

Can we gas them sooner? Preferably before we learn they've too been holding us back from discovering alternate dimensions and waifus.

Shadilay brothers.

ELECTROMAGNETIC DRIVE
is an anagram for

I elect divergent macro

Praise kek

where do i find unpozzed physics?

So, in effect it functions like ion drives that we already used on long range satelites, just using EM waves as thrust rather than ions

The only downside is that you still need normal chemical thrusters to slowdown/rotate/etc since you cant use the main drive to do that quickly. It could make getting to mars much easier though, which could make colonizing it easier as well.since you dont need insane amounts of fuel to get up to speed, and you could get there quicker if you're accelerating the whole time, as opposed to normal engines we would be using now that just give you a burst of speed to start and then ride your momentum all the way there.

Again with another downside of still needing normal rockets to get INTO space to begin with.

So.. its slow, it cant do the job alone, but it could speed up the exploration and colonization of the solar system (probably still more effecient to get to something like, say, the moon, using traditional means)

seconded

Scratch that, what are you gonna name your ship lads?

Calling dibs on the Double Triangle 22 now. Second ship will be named the Vengeance Infinity Samurai.

Hol up. Hol up.
you whyte boiz is stupid. Y'all talkin all numbers in scifi and shiet, but i need to know one mugfuggin thang - how does all these fig newtons and elecyronic drivers effect muh dick?!?!

Hammerhead Eagle iThrust

Keep in mind too that we still don't really understand the physics behind it yet. When the physics is well understood, the efficiency will definitely improve. It has too. It's not possible that the guy who discovered this thing accidentally discovered the best possible configuration for it.

So, it's already good enough to be interesting - even exciting. When someone figures out the underlying principles and begins improving it, this is going to be amazing.

Without kikes and neocons warmongering around the middle East, the dunecoon problem is solved.
But I don't know how to deal with these kikes and neocons without violence.

NO

That path leads to demons.

wtf i love space

I'd laugh so hard if 1488 was some sort of magic number for rocket efficiency

Black and red with a skull and crossbones
We space pirate now

No Eyes, Going Forward

there's a reason we have brain WAVES user

Deva and Asura are fundamentally the same species which live in the same spiritual domain. There's no way to get to Nirmanarati without risking contact with demons. Maybe you wouldn't be so fucking afraid of demons if their dubious charms didn't entice you, desu ne?

it's the academia-fags that are freaking out
you know, the ones that inject politics and personal drama into science, fuck everyone over, and are universally hated by fucking everyone?
the ones who prefer consensus over logic and evidence?
the ones who sociopathicly try and exert every last little bit of power over others they can at every opportunity?
those faggots?
yeah, shit like this shows that the "scientific community" isn't quite as infallible as they'd have us believe
God-forbid they lose even a tiny shred of power.
sociopaths throw temper tantrums like you wouldn't believe. completely unrelated to science, but hillary is a good example

we've had war for this long, one more to wipe them all out should be fine as long as we stop for good afterwards

To be fair Einstein knew perfectly well that a lot of his work was bullshit that might be torn apart someday. It's the fuckers that treat him like a god damn Science Mohammed that are getting BTFO.

was von braun a based motherfucker?
I mean, he was one of the reasons why America got onto the moon?

as long as we can get rid of these sociopathic extremist fucks who have no regard for life through any means possible (war, eugenics, etc), I don't think we would have a real problem with ayy lmaos as long as they didn't fuck with us (we're going to fuck them - literally.).
hell even fucking native americans and some african tribes give better respect for their everyday goddamn meals than a african american does to a fast food worker.
I don't know. Based africans pop up all over the place, and it makes me think if the african americans are so bad because it was centuries of inbreeding of bad genes that were thrown out by the tribes with superior genes (decided through war.)

Well actually it may be a warp drive.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White–Juday_warp-field_interferometer#Interferometer_experiment_with_an_EmDrive

Space titties.

It only takes 400,000 years of acceleration to pass lightspeed! eh heh heh. I am excited. It's not fucking nothing. But I think some people are wildly overstating their case here.

Every day until you like it. If you want to get into this sort of thing, and how Einsteinian physics has pushed out Electrical engineering as the dominant model, Dollard is a good place to start

Now all we need are gundams.

Or did you?

Ion drives are known for wearing out prematurly This thing is solid state and will last practically forever. Also it is vastly more efficent than a photon rocket. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayabusa

are they?

just fuck my post up

Enjoy accelerating for three lifetimes.
Wake me up when lockheed martin finishes their warp drive.

Yeah they are probably even worse than reaction wheels.

was supposed to point

I still think Warhammer 40K probably has the best grasp on physics in fiction. UFOs consistently wipe there asses with the laws of physics; warp isn't a velocity, it's another reality.

If there were any good Africans, they're long gone. Africa has gone through a few genocides in recorded history, that's why everyone there speaks fucking Swahili.

The aliens will soon have to vote for their Trump and build a wall to prevent Earth trash from invading their space

Your not just a race traitor your also a Species, Genus, Family, Order, Class, Phylum and Kingdom traitor.

Swahili is actually a pretty small spread language, fam.

this
dark matter is just matter in other "nearby" realities

fucking worse than the slimiest kike.

LET'S
FUCKING
GO
ALREADY

I really want to but jesus

If by small spread you mean most of sub-saharan Africa then yea.

ELECTRIC UNIVERSE CONFIRMED. HAHA HAHA EAT SHIT SHILLS

It has like 10 million speakers, dumbshit. Are you thinking broadly of the Bantu languages as a whole? Because if not, you are so fucking wrong you dont even have a position to defend.

Downloaded for future viewing. This better be good.

Can you elaborate? I've been a fan of EU for awhile, I think the reason science has been stalling of late is a conceptual problem rather than a procedural one.

That's incorrect but whatever.

Didn't realize I was dealing with a nigger expert. Sorry I spend more time learning physics than about niggers. I spent like five seconds confirming something I read like five years ago.

First I looked at a picture of a language map of Africa. "Oh, bantu, what's this"

I have a doctorate in Niggrology, kid.

Its like how most Euros speak and English but those arent English nations. There are like 90 gorillion shitty little languages in Africa that dont matter and that nobody gives a shit about, but they add up.

Why the fuck would you get a PhD in niggrology?

Anyway, like I said. I read about it a while ago. Something about genocides causing the genetic diversity of Africa to go down and replace all of them with even less intelligent and more violent apes.

You actually can

So I can tell people on the internet? What else?

I mean… Sounds like a waste to dedicate your life to learning about niggers. You're basically a primatologist except the chimps have guns.

Then why be one?

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_ship_moves

This is actually really fucking good user.

Soon.

here's your (You)

This right here is the difference between real scientists of yore and the self-interested, (((privately-funded))) scientists of today.

In the past, scientists would have shaken your hand for proving them wrong and advancing the field. In the present, they'll reject objective findings if it might mean they have to a) retrain, b) won't get funding gibsmedats for their quantum-string-darkmatter-darkenergy voodoo bullshit research, or c) might have to admit that (((Einstein))) and his sacred calf formula might be wrong.

Nice try space kike.

t. Jovian.

Id wait until the paper from the test in space is conducted. There are many possible causes of interference here on earth.

On one hand its understandable that people are losing their shit. If ~300+ years of scientific "fact" can be wrong. How can they truly know anything? Its a serious existential crisis for them.

That being said, throwing a hissy fit instead of recognising how many doors this opens is incredibly childish and anti intellectual. They should be happy they can now get funding for some seriously crazy shit. In 10-20 years we might have a revolution in physics because of the shockwaves this causes. Id bet all of those people who quit would tell people they would have loved to have been around when quantum physics was exploding in the 1920s. Now they are seeing something akin, they are losing their shit, the same as traditional scientists who couldnt accept that they arent at the apex of the intellectual mountain.

If this is proven true i think we will see serious research into remote viewing, esp and similar shit as its shown something is there before but it cant be done as required for scientific confirmation.

this is the best channel guys, check it out

YE OF LITTLE FAITH!

WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?

Only a little over a hundred. Newton wasn't wrong, just a decent approximation.

You literally can build one in your garage. Maybe you'll be the guy who tweaks it 'til there's an anomalous thrust three orders of magnitude stronger. Who the fuck knows, at this point? It's brand new physics.

Don't get so excited yet, it hasn't been tested in space yet and there still might be an error in the paper nobody spotted.
Remember those "FTL neutrinos" from a few years ago?

He's fucking up his wording.
It needs a power source to run, so it doesn't need to burn rocket fuel.

top kek

The Gates are the Key.

vulkan alliance soon?

aether

Just watched 2 hours of this and IT'S FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE.

FUCKING

JEWS

DELAYED OUR PROGRESS AGAIN

WE COULD BE IN SPACE BY NOW, THESE FUCKING EINSTENIAN KIKES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also reposting this from the space elevator thread

The only proper tests done have been with the EM drive equivalent of a working model steam engine. Most tests have been with very low energy and basic cavity shapes. EMdrive.com seems to think that with superconducting resonance cavities quite a bit 1-3 tons of thrust can be extracted from a kilowatt of power.

Mind you that seems to be a private company's napkin math not hard data but that would make space elevators and rockets obsolete. You could get to orbit with a lawnmower engine

I didn't know people actually talked like this.

It's not. Look into the type of star Proxima is. It's constantly irradiating the planet with high energy particles, and the "habitable zone" is closer to the star than Mercury is to our Sun, which means the stellar winds would constantly strip any atmosphere present.

The planet is neither habitable or similar to Earth in any way.

70 days to Mars is not Interstellar. Even with this device it would still take centuries to travel to across the stars.

I wouldn't mind getting on a generational ship if it meant internet access for the first few years and a qt aryan waifu

The kikes are so assmad that their jewish mysticism called "general relativity" got disproven they are trying this hard.

EM drive has no bearing on General Relativity. I think you are thinking of thermodynamics, though if the EM drive is found to work they already have a possible reason that wouldn't negate thermodynamics.

this retard can't even understand what mili fucking means.

F = 88*10^-3
Divide t by 1000 in these results and you will get the real result.

about 5 days to get to Mars.
How does it feel to shit on yourself?

Time dilation has been empirically proven, if you were to accelerate at 1 g it would take 12 years to reach the far edge of our galaxy even though the galaxy is 100,000 light years across (which is close to the actual outside perspective time it would take to reach the destination).

Even at low thrust levels given a few hundred years a generational ship will reach relativistic speeds enabling it to traverse the galaxy in only a few generations.

What possible reason is that? I haven't seen anyone claiming to understand this thing.

The amazing thing here is it pushes off of nothing. You could walk to space if there was a stairway because you push off of the stairs the whole way. Because this pushes off of nothing it only has to generate enough force to lift off the surface and it could get into orbit

Is this the guy who originally came up with the em drive?

No, that guy is a psychotic alcoholic. He's literally mentally unstable. However everything he's talking about is legit.

To be fair, time dilation has not empirically been proven in any fashion that is applicable to human experience.

Humans can experience time. It wouldn't matter if a clock only said 21 seconds have elapsed if you know that years have elapsed. We don't have any evidence of a human being moving at a high enough speed for a long enough time period (relative to an observer on earth) to actually say time dilation exists. Merely that our instruments experience dilation.

Even if every instrument we had said there was time dilation, and every atomic decay experiment suggested it as well, the practical effects are more important when regarding space travel. If you move around space at the speed of light for 5 years spaceship time and you get back and only 5 years have passed on earth as well, then it wouldn't really matter how fucked up your clocks were. Obviously it would necessitate that spaceships use special clocks that could adjust for their malfunction but you could still come visit your family after some intergalactic vacation.

And that's the real concern, of which we have no data on.

Yes this part of the theory of relativity is proven.
What is not proven is the part of the theory that pertains to spacefaring possibilities such as speed > c.
Einstein's parietal lobes were 15% larger than average. This part of the brain is associated with creativity and imagination. This lead to his brilliant discovery of Time dilation but also to pulling the cosmological constant out of his-very-mathematical-ass.
He justified that we could not travel faster than light because this would cause photons to pass themselves, and the matter in motion to pass the photons it emits.
However, Einstein did not believe in quantum physics, the finding of which, he contributed to directly to.
The Entire theory itself Completely breaks down in condition of hyper-gravity, near-absolute-zero, and quantum-quart-entanglement.
For this reason, the General theory of Relativity will have to be revised / shaved in order to arrive at a GUT.

Don't forget to take all the diversity we can to make every planet in the galaxy an utopia of inclusivity and peace for the human race

I don't blame him. That woman is extremely annoying.

How about fuck no.
Sure maybe put small solar powered EM Drives on stuff that's just supposed to orbit the earth.
But for something you want to eventually take off from the earth you will need a direct and reliable source of fuel power.

Time is a spook. No matter how fast you travel people will continue to age at their normal rate. If you take two twins at birth, and leave one of them on earth, and send the other one hurtling through space at the speed of light, the one in space will have the biological composition of a 50 year old human after 50 earth years have passed.

uh…

It's an Indian ship.

I'm sorry to extinguish all of Holla Forums's dreams, but this is 99.99% likely to be a systematic error that has not yet been identified.
Sorry, but conservation of momentum is a rock solid a fundamental part of physics as Christ being the saviour of mankind is too Christianity.

(You)

Your name is Time?
Pronounced Tim-E, I assume?

There's only one acceptable paintjob

It would be Ti-may and you fucking know it.

Nothing's better than hearing random strangers on the internet contradict scientific facts.

I hope you all realise that all the peer-review states is that there's nothing wrong with the methodology in the study.
The study itself still may be wrong. This hasn't actually be tested in space yet and there's still no absolute proof that it works. The amount of force it created was over 2000 less force than a piece of paper exerts on a table when laid down.

….you ever seen people take two identical stopwatches, leave one on their kitchen table, then take the other for a drive down the interstate and back, and check both to find the one in the kitchen being a bit ahead?

CHEKD

QUIT NOW GOYIM!

We’ve empirically proven that you’re wrong. Kill yourself.

What about microwaves specifically gives them this property, and not any other band in the EM spectrum? I know I'm not stupid but reading this stuff certainly makes me feel stupid.

JUST REMEMBER BOYS, WHEN YOU GET UP THERE, DO NOT FUCK ALIENS, DAMN IT

Basically it's just because the wavelength is smaller than radio but larger than infrared. They're between .1 cm and 100 cm wide.

The fuck we can't. If it's just a virtual concept, like time, we can manipulate it through our perception of it, aka meme magic. Our brains perceive the passage of time in a non-concrete fashion. There are a number of reasons this happens, but with enough know how, we can make time appear to move faster or slower to a degree.

Ergo, just by convincing ourselves that gravity behaves a certain way, it will. We don't even need to make gravity manipulation machines that work. We just have to make gravity manipulation machines that we all THINK work.

Gravity wells are really just meme wells

space Jew go home

underrated post

Does anybody have a full screenshot of the jews subversion of physics? Or archived somewhere? It had over 600 replies and pale moon wouldn't let me full screenshot it and it eventually 404 on me. Any redpills on physics welcomed

We already perfected infinite thrust in space by putting enchanted fire weapons (50 pieces of ammunition cost the same to enchant as a single melee weapon, so 50 Flaming arrow heads inflict 50d6 fire damage per round; a pound of TNT inflicts 2d6 points of damage, 3.5ed DMG page 146 for reference) in a nozzle-shaped Wall of Force containing one-way portals from the Elemental Plane of Water, creating a functionally unlimited supply of steam and therefore pressure. I don't have the screencap or archive handy, but we eventually scaled it up to a Saturn V-sized rocket and calculated we could make it to Mars in a couple days. As long as you don't hit any Anti or Dead Magic zones, and are capable of producing an otherwise spaceworthy vessel, you can go anywhere on a plume of steam.

t. /tg/

Oh just try to fucking stop me.

One potential 'how' I've seen stated about it is as follows. It's a waveguide. As the microwaves are bounced around the tapered resonance cavity, it's changed to a different wavelength. The difference in energy levels of the waves gets imparted to the drive, which gets expressed as thermal, and somehow, kinetic.
It was probably just someone throwing ideas around, but interesting. It's been proven that it works, but the how of it is a mystery. I somewhat want it to pan out more, as a smug pseudo-scientific youtuber has stated that he would eat a hat if it works.

Also this drive cannot be proven to work with einsteinian relativity so lel fucking kikes pretending to be smart amirite?

Mankind's destiny has always been to fuck the sky.

Try and stop me.

I'MMA FUCKIN IMPREGNATE THOSE CLOUDS
MY SON GONNA LOOK LIKE THIS

through dick, unity

what does it feel to be in the wrong side of History?

Nuclear Salt Water rockets are even better. Generates a run-away nuclear reactions somewhere between a nuclear reactor and a nuclear explosion and forces it out one end. In theory, a NSWR with about 2700 tons of weapons grade uranium converted into propellant, would accelerate a 300 ton craft up to 3% of the speed of light. It just might render the country it takes off from uninhabitable with the nuclear diarrhea it spews out its ass.

I will fuck every alien, male or female.

Don't do this you degenerate

No, and I'm not sure as though such a small difference in velocity would even register on something as inaccurate as a stop watch.

I can't even tell if your assertion that I do such a thing is from a pro-relativity or anti-relativity stance. It's just a bad experiment either way.

And again, the fact than an instrument appears to have been affected by a dilation, does not mean that one has actually happened. The only practical way to test such a hypothesis would be with a lifeform. Because, again, nobody ultimately cares if clocks do wonky things in space. The concern is that if you run around the galaxy at light speed for a few years, you might come back home to find that everyone you knew is dead.

Nobody cares about wonky clocks, beyond ways to compensate for them, assuming they are experiencing interference.

If you don't operate from an assumption that the theoretical field of relativity is correct, and you were presented with a phenomenon of clocks slowing down in orbit, a whole bunch of other hypothesis could be brought up and tested. When you operate from a stand point of assuming something is true, and running experiments to reinforce your already held beliefs, you are engaging in poor form as far as the scientific method is concerned.

I'm not here to say that relativity must be wrong. I've been taught my whole life that it is correct, and it seems to be a fairly good model for a lot of things. Until it essentially becomes a universal law that explains all things within it's context, it's not good enough. And when we perform experiments that seem to reinforce it, we ought to continue testing and trying to insert even greater controls. Not take it as gospel.

Pretty sure Cody is actually autistic though tbhfam

youtube.com/user/ThunderboltsProject

ptep-online.com/

alienscientist.com/brown.html
scalarphysics.com/
montalk.net/science
youtube.com/user/rdistinti
peswiki.com/

Space reich here we come.

This is going to be FTL neutrinos all over again, isn't it?

no. relativity is bullshit. litearlly jewish mysticism to keep the goy from leaving Earth.

I read the paper and while interesting, it doesn't really show a huge amount.
It seemingly works, but it's not really effective. Ion Thrusters seem better in almost every way other than the fact they use fuel.

Checkin' every 44 dub for 4 times in a row

And trips.

Also:

Oh my just look at the time [check'em]

I actually don't have one I really like, but here's some cool ones I like.

That operates on the assumption that you are moving through the aether rather that causing the aether to flow and thus move you.

This is not inaccurate, in the sense that consciousness is information/data, and dense collections of it result in intelligences & living vessels of all kinds, physical, aetherical, or both.

In this sense, vortexes/wells of power, are very real things any clairvoyant neophyte can harness.

This user knows his shit.

Tell me user. Does the emdrive actually work? How?

The entire point here is that this specific propellantless drive is already orders of magnitude more effecient than solar sails or laser rockets.

I think you're missing the point. Ion thrusters rely on a propellant. The EM drive is the most effecient propellantless drive that has been tested. NASA hasn't even designed their own yet. In its current state it is essentially a proven concept; not even an alpha test of a specific motor for a specific craft.

A ship propelled by an EM drive would use fuel as well; just not as a propellent like the ion thrusters or chemical rockets.

still doesn't explain building 7

I have no clue what is going on in this thread…

I do like the idea of a space imperium though.

In the future we will all be pure girls and have no need of bathrooms

In the future we won't need to eat nor drink, sustained by pure cosmic energy instead; not needing to process such foul things from our flesh we subsequently don't need bathrooms.

the first one doesn't even fuckin look alien except the hand

shit, thats honestly what I'd expect a space muslim women to wear too

She basically has no immune system.
If she wasn't in the suit she'd die of something as simple as a cold.

yeah yeah of course they'll have an explanation for why the spacemuslims are spacemuslims besides religion

Dark matter

No thanks.

It's Bioware so I really wouldn't be surprised. Her name is fucking Tali'Zorah.
The only reason Tali was so popular is because you couldn't see her face. Bioware are awful at modeling faces.
I ain't gonna lie I own a Tali figure. It has a fantastic ass

faggot

Without using a single reference or source in his paper as well.

quoting, rather. he obviously used other people's work, but didn't mention any of it.

I'll admit, that is a fantastic ass.

That was rather common for physicists of the time, though.

Saint Boniface axed Thor's Oak. The pagans converted. He's called the Apostle of Germany.

That's… 29419.95008592 Newtons…

3 fucking tons.. Jesus Christ, will literally be shortened by orders of magnitude, we're looking at past fucking lightspeed, and as far as I'm aware, you can occupy every part of space at the same time at lightspeed, due to relativity.

Can't go past light speed with the emdrive

It's not exactly possible to go faster than light.

Only technically. Alcubierre drives can let you go faster but you yourself wouldn't be going any faster.

EM Drive will not allow FTL; there is still a matter of fuel to provide electricity, the only difference is that nothing is thrown out the back so you can run it for absurdly long times, and electricity is easy to transmit to an object (ala solar panels, microwave beams, etc)

I wouldn't be surprised if it's found that the chamber degrades after a long period of time either.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9EPlyiW-xGI don't know how em drive works but this is certainly part of it. 3 Long videos but essentially bowl shaped magnetic fields have some extraordinary properties that are not previously known

Donaldolf?

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS, FAGGOT!

arc.aiaa.org/doi/pdf/10.2514/1.B36120

Here is the NASA paper in PDF form, if anyone wants to start building their own. This details how they made theirs pretty well.

One, perhaps, yes.

But if you experiment with a statistically relevant amount, then you'd have no case against it being empirically proven.

Human experience isn't and never was any form of mandatory formal criterium to establish empirical evidence. It might be if the subject of experimentation demands (can't be devised without) human experience.

Otherwise, there's no reason for a human (or other living things, except if it's a biological experimentation of course, that can't be limited to microbiology) to participate on the experiment for any reason.

Here's an idea then, assuming time dilation does exist.

For getting around the Light-barrier in sci fi, an engine or ship that works based on extreme time dilation: So that while it may take 5 years to get from Alpha Proxima to Earth, the crew will only age 10 days or summin like that.

The whole concept of light even being constant is based on the notion that the aether is static. This was (in)famously (((disproved))) however the experiment was horribly flawed and of very limited sample size. See for at experiment to measure what the Michelson-Morley claimed to and why it didn't give an expected read (note, it was not a null reading!):
orgonelab.org/miller.htm

Furthermore regarding electricity generation, we can use many different sources, casmir effect, vortex currents, cold fusion, etc.

Worthy mention of the lattermost:
youtube.com/user/ColdFusionNow

(Checked)

%c time dilation factor0.5 1.1547010.6 1.2500000.7 1.4002800.8 1.6666670.9 2.2941570.92 2.5515520.95 3.2025630.98 5.0251890.99 7.0888120.999 22.3662720.9999 70.712446
projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/slowerlight.php#relativity

Note this is assuming you are not moving the aether but rather forcing your way through it. This is why your (apparent) mass increases, as you experience exponential drag as you go faster if you do not move the medium itself.

Last I read (all of) it it was still somewhat bluepilled on some of the more fringe science (like the true nature of electricity and it's relation to gravity mostly), however else wise it is a gold mine of very well thought out concepts of all sorts for realistic space traveling & empires of all cosmic sizes. This information will prove invaluble as we conquer the heavens.

I work with this man. Some Christians saved him from the Balkans, brought him to America, bought him a car, and he didn't even have the common fucking courtesy to convert.

you're thinking of the Alcubierre drive, which most likely requires exotic matter such as negative mass to work

bls no

Yes Michelson-Morley didn't produce a null result, but did produce a result where null was within error. Millers result was still within error bar on null. Thats why it's regarded as null still, not a confirmation. His own prior work to the Mount Wilson experiment showed a null as well. Though the article you linked explains that away as being the result of the aether being slowed by matter.

It also tries to act like this was the most sensitive aether experiment done, which is false. More precise experiments using lasers have all but confirmed that the anisotropy is null. We're talking around 3nm/s upper bound as of now.

in summary: smh tbh fam

Casimir effect can't gen power infinitely, energy required to seperate the surfaces is the same as the energy gotten when you stick them together. Cold fusion still needs a fuel source. Vortex currents I'm not even sure on what you're referring to.

EU fag?

nothing against it or aether honestly, I just think it's wrong; and lots of the quacks jumped on it after the "quantum consciousness" train ran dry

do it

archive.is/CsQkY

bump
I know this is an off-topic question, but does anybody have the archive to that thread about trump doing fireside rallys. I want to know when he is coming to my state.

You all need to play this
childrenofadeadearth.wordpress.com/
Em drive won't come to produce useful trust any time soon, so for now educate yourself with conventional physics orbital warfare simulator. Everything from orbital mechanics to nuclear warhead design is actually based on current physics knowledge extrapolated in near future with no sci-fi fagspace niggerdrives.

Think of a ship. It needs fuel to turn the propellers, but it also needs something for them to push against. Spaceships need to carry both with them, which is why you get the nasty exponential fuel cost for acceleration since unlike energy, you can't "pack" the reaction mass into a form that weighs less.

Except this drive shits all over that and just pushes against empty space.

1. EM drive isn't used for liftoff from the surface, so you don't count delta-v from the surface either.
2. EM drive doesn't need to use a hohmann transfer, it can go directly to the destination and back, saving a lot of time.

It's possible, it's just also very improbable.

Moon a few hours, Mars a few days. 20% of speed of light is reachable. OP is faggot since there are more imporant papers regarding the EM drive.

Basically we are close a fundamental change on the scale of internet, computers, combust enigne. The space exlporation age just startet.

Those toys and shoes are not in the correct order and it's triggering me.

What size and weight of paper?! I've seen some pretty large variations in paper size and weight.

youtube.com/watch?v=jCAqDA8IfR4

This thing is Jewish media hype to extract money from morons…

Literally meme magic, not kidding.

Sounds about as reasonable as a real Shaw-Fujikawa drive

bump

I'm just trying to keep this relevant.

We need to keep kikes and niggers out of space. This should be meme priority one.

Can anyone sell me some spice?

I had the same for years. Now I got the most smug feeling.

Mah negros.

I recall shitposting about Orion ages ago before the first exodus from 4/pol/ and even on old /sci/ threads. Glad to see enthusiasm and advocacy for realistic and modern propulsion systems has caught on!

You'd need fucktons of power to produce an acceleration even equivalent to g, so no, unless you were trying to kill yourself by driving your ship through a field of asteroids or something.

if you need the most sensitive equipment nasa has to detect if something is moving or not then it fucking sucks at moving

allegedly "works" because one side is warmer than the other and that side is radiating a bit faster infrared than the other side

flashlights are more energy efficent and make you move faster

not this fag again

user, in the vacuum of space, a weak thruster that doesn't require reaction mass is still an infinite delta-V hack.

So wait, all of NASA didn't consider that possibility in their tests, it just slipped their minds?

More or less.

yeah, in just 10 million years it might reach near light speed! Super useful!

not even worth a click

At least expend some little bit of intellectual effort here you lazy faggot.
We 40 days to mars now.
That means we could hit the nearest star system with a relativistic slug.
the nearest star system is 4.3LY away.

bump

The only reason we have not colonized space yet is because jews still did not figure a way to control us efficiently yet.

nonmilitary violence

I think there will be IQ test for people who want to enter space.

Goebbels
Hitler
Eva
user

I'm really feeling it lads
We may have memed the new golden age with God Emperor Trump

youtube.com/watch?v=69z_IN64EG4

i fucking hate theoretical physicists

>>>/trash/

there is only one force

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. Time in as so far as instruments measure it, isn't of any concern to anyone. People only care about the effects of time.

A 90 year old man wouldn't give two flying fucks about being called 90 years old, if he still had the health, appearance, and vigor of a 20 year old. The fact that 32,850 calendar days elapsed wouldn't concern him.

Are you honestly telling me that if our current theories are wrong, and if one could travel the universe at the speed of light for years, and return home to see that an equal amount of time had elapsed… are you honestly postulating that this wouldn't have any concern, and the only thing we should evaluate would be if the clocks on-board the ship and on the planet had different values?

The biological aspect of time dilation is the only part that matters to anyone.

An analogy would be using a scale to measure a rock that somebody wants to pick up. They see the value and say, "Cool, I can pick up this rock." Then you spin the scale and rock around in some sort of centrifugal device, and point to the instrument and say, "Oh look here at the weight dilation that has occurred, looks like you can't pick up that rock after all." But then as soon as the rock is removed from the device, you most certainly could still lift the rock. The instrument didn't malfunction. The rock honestly weighed more due to centrifugal force. But if the point of weighing the rock was to see if someone could pick it up, the data from the centrifugal experiment is useless. In fact, one would have to modify the scale to accurately actually answer the question at hand when it was subjected to centrifugal force.

It's not a perfect analogy, but the main points stand. The fact that an instrument says something is happening, doesn't necessarily mean there isn't an outside force manipulating the instrument. It's the end result we care about. In the case of interstellar travel, we care about the human aging process. We don't care about clocks.

In that respect, we have absolutely no evidence that the human aging process is subject to what we refer to as time dilation.

we /ork/ now?

This entire thread TBH.
It's going to turn out to be measurement error.

Jewish mod is bumplocking/deleting any threads that are not pro-trump!!
example

LOCKED THREAD ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING..

Board logs can be found here
8ch.net/log.php?page=1&board=pol

See related for full understanding

8ch. pl/pol/res/25508.htm

I WILL GET BANNED FOR SAYING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say this should be the last bump.

sageing from here on out.

is there any news on this?

It will be more than a decade before there is funding for even an in-space test of an actual engine. A probe? Two or more.

Fuck Proxima B. I'm going to the Aldebaran system to find Maria Orsic.

I should think not, it completely goes against the point you're trying to make. In such a scenario, the weight of the rock actually has increased, its gravity has simply been redirected to a horizontal plane. Successfully attempting to lift the rock after the machine has stopped and the weight of the rock has returned to normal is irrelevant. If you were on the spinner with the rock, standing sideways and trying to "lift" the rock horizontally, you would find that you were indeed unable to lift it.

What this means is that not only is the scale not wrong, but it directly reflects what a human trying to lift the spinning rock would experience. This does nothing to help the argument that time dilated clocks may not reflect human experience.

You're literally useless if you think it teaches you any more than ksp tier orbital mechanics.

Kys

^this tbh, vidya has taught me a lot.

As soon as I saw that I knew it was thundercunt. Fuck that nigger right in his ass. If only he'd stick to science videos instead of parroting jewish propaganda every chance he gets…

Pure white with light blue stripes.
>you will be able to live pioneer instead of just playing it.

I already admitted to such in my post. The analogy wasn't a form of evidence, it was there specifically to to point to an instance of measurement of a factor having no bearing on the practical outcome. Nobody cares about clocks in interstellar travel, just as nobody cares about the weight of the rock in the centrifugal device. They care about the practical result, of which we can theorize about based on our instruments, but we can't actually observe without doing so.

If you would prefer, you can pretend the analogy is about an analog clock with iron hands moving past a strong magnet and proclaiming that magnetic fields manipulate time. Or some unknown force that could manipulate atomic decay, interfering with an atomic decay experiment. Neither example would interfere with the human aging process (I don't think aging is actually completely understood, so I suppose magnetic fields COULD just as the weak nuclear force COULD even though I highly doubt any given element sticks around in the body long enough for decay to ever significantly contribute to processes involving cell division)

If one bases their system of time on clocks with iron hands, or atomic decay, then such things would manipulate or dilute time as kept by an observer so far as he could measure it. And it would in turn manipulate any devices that utilize such time keeping systems. But the practical effects upon the aging process would remain the same.

So if our intention is to determine the effects on practical time via relative velocities, then we must use practical experiments. Experiments only involving instruments can not truly be trusted.

Now, certainly, when we use multiple types of time keeping instruments that we assume have different potential flaws we have a much better picture. My understanding is that this is the case. Digital clocks, analog clocks, and atomic decay all point towards time dilation. It is PROBABLY the case, but can only truly be known once a living organism is subjected to testing.

I once put a rubber band on the back of a metal chair. The back kind of made a V shape.
I pulled on the rubber band and it vibrated for about 45 minutes until some dick stopped it.
Couldn't get it to do it again.

Strings that vibrate and keep each other going though…

Excellent fucking taste user, in music and in role models.

Momentum, photons have momentum. the classical definition is momentum = mass * velocity, but for photons and other massless particles we can use the alternative definition of momentum = energy / c

unless you're being autistic and referencing e = mc^2, in which case off yourself.

Same here, sadly. My older brother had a NES, when I was born, and I started playing shit like the original Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest 3 when I was 3. By the time I was 5, I was considered some kind of super genius because of how quickly I could process basic math. There is actually a lot of potential in using vidya to teach, but we all know what the kikes are trying to teach us.

e=mc^2 can be applied to photons purely as is

This is the math that I came up with:

Ok Folks, this is Big, and I figured Y'All might be one of my few groups who get it. Somewhat parts related, sorta… NASA has just proven that they can provide thrust in a vacuum with RF. 80 watts = .000117 Newtons of force. A Newton is 1 KG accelerated at 1 meter per second, squared. Speed of light is 1,079,252,848 KPH, therefore it should take 25,903 Newtons to accelerate one KG to the speed of light, right? Barring any sort of quantum mechanical limits, that would mean we should be able to propel one KG to the speed of light with 17,711,452,991.5 watts. Y'know, just 18,000 MW, if someone could figure out how to make a ship that has that kind of power/weight ratio…

PS - it should take 472 Minutes to get to the speed of light at 100% efficiency…

Just when you thought this was supposed to be reactionless drive… they come at you with full force, reactionaries, old physics professors with their abandoned theories how pluto is a planet, reactionaries, that's truth, all of you

We talked about it back then. Anything new?

chinese launched one in orbit and that peer-reviewed publication if it was after nov 17

I know that you know that Relativity will get involved, and it'll NEVER reach the speed of light. But if you take the basic physics w/o Relativiy, 18,000MW will push 1KG to 1,079,252,848 KPH (light) in 472 minutes. In reality, who knows? I've always wanted to see a Giant Centrifugal experement in space where they spin a pair of ropes ~1000 miles long so the tips go faster than the speed of light. Hey, people can crack a whip and generate a sonic boom!

why even iinvoke relatiivity? concentrate on the first 40 minutes, this is all iin non-special-relativiity-space, noone cares what c is, fuck newton, if you can accelerate with just solar and thousands time better than photon rocket, strap me in

You're missing a central part of the problem, nigger-user. As the rope (or whatever sci-fi supermaterial could theoretically stand the stress) turns, you're applying energy to make it go faster. As you pour energy into the system by twirling the center, that energy will transfer down the length of each arm to accelerate the tips. As the tips approach the speed of light, it takes more and more energy to make them go faster, and you're back at the dilemma of trying to accelerate a spaceship with an infinite-density curve.

What would almost certainly happen right away is that all of the energy you put into the rope will just make the middle twist into a spiral while the tips lag behind. At relatively low energy levels, this can be overcome with centrifugal force get absolutely fucked, centripetal faggot pedants, but that force must literally become infinite as the tips approach relativistic velocities.

In other words, twist as hard as you like, you'll just get a spiral.

Unfortunately the radiation in space will kill you.

Not this fucking thing again.

If a smoker was to quit smoking, and then hop on a 3 year return mission to mars, even with all the radiation, his chance of getting cancer would drop overall than if he were to stay on earth and keep smoking.

Kill yourself my guy

10/10

Bluepill

Interesting, did NASA consider hiring smoking astronauts for the radiation bonus?

You shouldn't click it.
His video addresses some outlandish claims that ARE false about the engine, but does not address whether or not it works, only implies it doesn't.
Where in other cases he's even demonstrated why or why not something would work, here he clings to a law we've already exempted and simply asserts we shouldn't humor the test results.
poor sap

Einstein's not getting 'BTFO' retard, this is how science works. we have yet to see if the memeDrive works in space to actually propel shit. it might just end up that the copper body of the drive itself was being vaporized producing the thrust.