Explain me I'm retarded

How does it takes a whole 9 months in average to produce a cartoon episode?

So I've been investigating and things just don't add up to me.
It would normally take 200 days to an average drawer to produce 33000 images for animation, that's 165 frames a day with only the basic character black and white or 20 frames per hour in a 9 to 5 job, but normally animation teams have 65 animators that's around 3 days, with another 5-8 days for the key and in-between frames supervisors to make sure everything looks fine and make corrections.
Then is 2 weeks of coloring with 12 people and backgrounds.
Then a week and a half of voice acting, and a month of editing and sound.
Add 2 weeks for writing/storyboard. personal experience as writefag gives me 3 days to write it, then 3 days to correct it, then 3 days to correct it and three more if autistic and that's alone.

That's a total or 9 weeks (2 1/4) months which makes sense since my shit shonen animu takes only 6 weeks to produce (1 1/2 months) per episode with those character designs..
Now considering that my shonen cartoons work at around 12000 frames per episode instead of 33,000 of western animation, if we round it to 36,000 frames that's still a most of 4 1/2 months for 24fps on the same level of animation and character design.

So what's the problem? How do they only manage to make shit with 9 months, that should be enough to make detailed animation at 24fps with 65 animators.

Koreans

But my shit shonen also uses koreans.

You are retarded or have bad grammar.

Budget, average animation teams have around 33 animators instead of 65 but costs the half, but this too, whenever I see pics of Cartoon Network/Nick studios they show that they have the tools to make the animation studio right there but they normally only use it for flashy storyboards, backgrounds, writing and character sheets.

Your mother drank heavily when she was pregnant with you. And your dad is her dad, too.

Cartoons actually don't run at a fixed framerate. The framerate can vary greatly based on a number of factors like how fast an object is moving or how complex the movement of a given actor is. You can actually get away with fps as low as 10. The average cartoon is actually only about 20 fps

Some of it could be chalked up to a lot of anime having incredibly similar character designs that animators get used to over their careers and can draw faster, whereas western cartoons attempt to reinvent the wheel every time.

Samurai Jack is apparently being done exclusively in Photoshop, and I think TTGo!, Be Cool Scooby-Doo, PPG and Ben 10 remakes are all done in house with ToonBoom/Flash.

Animation can be expensive & time-consuming unless you're a Hanna-Barbera cartoon

Ha, I knew animu had variable framerate but I thought cartoons were mandatory on 24fps.

How is ToonBoom compared to flash?
The only series I saw knowing it used ToonBoom was Wonder Over Yonder and didn't looked jerky at all, in fact whenever you pause it you'll see a lot of movement.

Can you webm that?
Apparently I live in unicorn land.

Well, besides what said there's what you said about being a writefag, most of shonen is based on things already on paper in need of minor alterations, so right there is two weeks less.

The only real time shonen animus are writing is in filler plots. I really liked more the first Naruto Shippuden filler arc than the first two official arcs.

Toei runs a weekly series. Their shows, Dragon Ball Super in particular since pre-production on the series was rushed before it aired, probably don't have the same number of script revisions or vocal recording western ones do. Remember that western animation records the voices first and the storyboard and animation is build around that. It's the opposite in Japan.

Voices are recorded after the show is done being animated to save on time. I would say that there's a lot more work involved with matching fluid mouth movements to the voice actors. Also, most animation in the US is sent to Korea to be animated. If there are any problems with communication between the company producing the show and the one animating it, it can slow down production. Since Japanese studios create everything by scratch mostly in-house, there's probably a lot less miscommunication between staff, so things can get done quicker.

Ok, now, why aren't there more production teams in house?
How expensive can it be to hire 90 people per series if the time you spend making the series is considerably less, I could blame on the price of modern animation tools that can get quite expensive but things like;
(I'm working on averages here) ToonBoom and expensive drawing tablets and systems to render can get at $115,00 usd yearly plus salaries which is $49,800 usd per year for each of the whole 65 crew of animators equals $3,237,195 yearly.

Meanwhile, ordering animation overseas costs $150,000 per episode, an usual season consist of 26 episodes (Usually divided in 2 shorter episodes), thats a total of $3,900,000 usd per season, $665,000 usd more than in house

If we assume that those $665,000 usd is the yearly salary of the ones I didn't mentioned like the editors, supervisors, director, sound and such then is roughly the same price, the only significant difference is that we're taking longer to produce them by sending them overseas

I don't know why in America is too difficult to create an animation studios at the same level of the ones in Korea. Is it lack of talented people? Or is it because there aren't good educational institutions?

It's because Americans don't like to work in sweat shop conditions for shit pay.

Despite everything Holla Forums says CalArts actually knows how to draw, any CalArts fag Tumblr account has better art than what they use in TV, an aesthetic that normally is pushed by execs.
My guess, they lack work ethic and team vision, I can easily picture all and each one of the animators wanting to be considered a special snowflake and be listened in departments they don't belong to.

Oh yeah, and also thinking every time they're not particularly being listened a… "sweat shop condition".
They can't fathom to break their backs as a team for the final result.

Didn't Walt Disney had his american animators on sweatshop conditions.

That's nice and all but how does it relates to production times and costs?

What was posted?

Shonen shit.

I can't watch this. Webm pls.

Korean/other foreign contractors are used in limited quantities. The staff in the industry is overwhelmingly Japanese.

This is the "disembodied faces" fallacy, which completely ignores the rest of the character. Animators may become very accustomed to drawing faces since there are broad similarities, but the rest is a different story. Even if American shows have less consistent designs, they are also much simpler and I would imagine the same people animate them for long periods of time (unless Korean studios have high turnover rates).

Old time cartoon shorts may have kept to 24 FPS, but I've never checked. I know Disney movies weren't consistently 24 FPS. And TV shows sure aren't.

Japanese studios normally outsource a lot of work to freelancers and other studios. This reduces efficiency too, but not as much as outsourcing to a foreign country. Kyoto Animation does everything in-house with their own long-term staff, which is one reason their quality is so consistently high.