Thor: Ragnarok

It's amazing how they could spoil so much shit in this trailer, and still make it so confusing that I have no idea what's going on.

Also nigger Valkyrie is still shit.

Skurge the Executioner is in this? Does that mean that Amora's gonna appear too?

fingers crossed they don't nigger-fy her too

Why is the font all 80's? What does that aesthetic have to do with Thor or the film?

cause the aesthetic of the film is "space fantasy"

no thanks

Weird. The old title looked pretty serious, I thought this movie would be some "end of the world" stuff, with Asgard being destroyed and Surtur as a villain.

Maybe after Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron they became afraid of having more "serious" titles and now everything is Guardians of the Galaxy (complete with 80s songs).

The GotG vibes can't be a mistake. They are definitely going for more of a wacky fantasy-sci-fi blend. Almost like Star Wars.

And now Ragnarok which isn't really Ragnarok

Beside this i liked the trailer
I'm a bad person…

Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron didn't fail because of their seriousness, though- they failed because of their stupidity.

I'm willing to give Age of Ultron a pass because it's at least entertaining, and Joss Whedon did as much as he could to save the absolute mess he was given to work with, but Iron Man 3 is by far the WORST MCU movie to date, with Civil War coming in as a close second. But what both movies have in common is that they had a goldmine of an opportunity to put some serious stakes in place for our heroes and offer an incredible transition in their journey to where they emerge ready to take on even the most impossible odds after some meaningful soul-searching, and they absolutely failed to deliver on that. Age of Ultron was significantly closer to accomplishing this, and at least felt enough like an Avengers movie to get this much of a pass, but Iron Man 3 fucking failed on every level, ESPECIALLY in what they did to the Mandarin.

I'm confused. I actually like the "'80s space fantasy" vibe I get from the trailer (marvel knows who the average customer is).
But I need some drama with my MCU (that's why I think the first Iron Man and The Winter Soldier are ny favourite MCU movies), and this looks too silly.
But I love the World War Hulk… So riddle me this : best movie of the year or worst movie of the year?

I know. Guardians of the Galaxy also wasn't a hit because of 80s references and pop songs, but try explaining it to Marvel.

Pretty much. He is the one who pushed the forced romance between Hulk and Black Widow. He's also the one who pushed for Ultron to have a "human like" face.

Yes and you should go back to reddit

it will be meh, expect (((rotten tomatoes))) giving this trainwreck a fresh certification and normalfags demanding that the DC movies become like GotG

How does that still exist? Ever since that geezer died, they've managed to get worse somehow. Does anyone still take them seriously?

On the one hand it's nice to see Hella in this. On the other hand I'm surprised that this is the tone they're going with. Its a bit too similar to GOTG.

that black girl was supposed to be VALKYRIE????

fucking hell when will it end

You mean Drana.

I had hope she would be 'a' valkyrie, no 'the' Valkyrie.

Got to say I have to disagree on Iron Man 3 being the worst, although that might be because I don't know enough about the Mandarin (but I did think what they did with him sucked).

The problem with Iron Man 3 beyond making Potts some kickass guuuuuuuuurl at the end despite no experience and blowing up all the robots because reasons, was that they showcased Tony Stark as being a very capable genius and having off-the-wall strategies, but in Civil War he's such a flat dumbass.

Gotta say, watching Nerf Man fight was pretty boring.

As for AoU, Ultron was also a terribly underutilised character. Literally his whole strategy from start to finish was to throw robots at all his problems, even after that plan failed repeatedly. That didn't strike me as a particularly intelligent machination, more like an unimaginative idiot.

The Marvel movies I think are the worst are the ones that have such glaringly obvious leaps of logic that you notice them and are left head-scratching the first time you watch it. Unfortuantely, there's a few of those.

Everyone can see the embed, correct? I can't. I'm pretty sure Pale Moon fucked itself during the last update. Does anyone know a way to reverse the update or fix this shit?

To be fair, the Thor movies have actually been mainly serious so far. First Thor is my second favorite MCU movie

Kat Dennings needs to die. Idris Elba needs to fuck off…and die. Natalie Portman has an appointment with an oven. They are terrible movies, and the only redeeming feature is Hiddleston's Loki.

What in the fuck?

WE

It's almost as if Holla Forums was telling the truth!

I liked Iron man 3

Yeah, she's definitely 'THE' Valkyrie.

Jesus fuck for some reason this pisses me off even though I've been "meh whatever' about all other race swaps.

The very word "valkyrie" means "blonde blue-eyed amazon". Now we get this in a Thor movie. Honestly, just create a new character and everyone would be fine. Instead we get this icky drama.

Oh btw the kerfuffle this will cause will be a good enough reason to cause fence-sitting critics to give the movie a decisively positive score rather than just a mildly positive one. They will all want to virtue signal about it.

I was okay with Heimdall since he's such a minor character in the Thor mythos. The fact that the guy playing him is such a good actor also helped. But Valkyrie is a different subject, she's a well defined character in the Marvle universe, who's also white, blonde and have blue eyes. Changing her race is like making Odin, or Loki black.

They nailed Hela though…

I thought that was Queen Hedrian

AYO AYO! HOL UP!

This scene is the only good thing about Thor films. They are not the worst, but most forgettable and dullest out of Marvel movies.
Best Marvel film is first half of Captain America

Slippery slop, user.

Bugged me a bit how in first Captain America movie when he attacks the Hydra bases its a montage.

NEEDS MORE NIGGERS!!!

Same here.

Why did they change hulks face? He looked fine before.

And Heimdall is "the whitest of all the gods." Jews gonna jew.

I'm hoping against hope here for Beta Ray Bill to show up and singlehandedly save this, but it just feels like they're making Guardians 3 prematurely.

God that would be awesome.

You have GOT to be fucking joking. This is the same movie where he gave away his home address to a notorious terrorist and then had absolutely no plan of escape or return-fire when said terrorists' militia destroyed his home… even though he could have used his massive fucking legion of Iron Man suits that he ended up using at the final battle scene.

They turned Tony Stark into a fucking idiot and I hate them for that.

Oh, and here's another major plothole that shits on all the previous movies… Remember the arc reactor? The thing in his chest keeping him alive by magnetizing shrapnel away from his heart? Turns out, all he needed to get that shrapnel out permanently was just a little bitty bit of easy-peasy surgery. He did this AFTER HE CREATED A WHOLE NEW GODDAMN ELEMENT just to keep the arc reactor going…

… AND THEN HE THROWS THAT NEW ELEMENT INTO THE FUCKING OCEAN.

Iron Man 3 is a steaming pile and it infuriates me to no end. It perfectly fits the description of your last sentence and then some. It is the very epitome of the MCU's unchecked stupidity.

You're assuming he didn't make more, or forgot how to make more

They gave him a pretty face, I don't like it.

lol. What?

Dude, it's obviously Holla Forums trying to force their Nazi memes into fucking everything. But thank you kindly for delivering some clarity to the situation. Much appreciated.

They stated that he used Extremis to heal himself.

And TBH, he was probably expecting suicide bombers, mercs, bomb trucks, suicide planes, nothing as Michael Bay as TV helicopters with air-to-surface missiles and miniguns.

Obviously, it went by way too fast to settle in. Better to show, not tell. Basic rule of filmmaking, and they brush it completely over because LEL WE'RE MARVEL AND WE CAN DO NO WRONG, COME AND LET US EMPTY YOUR WALLETS GULLIBLE POPCORN MUNCHERS!!

Fuck. Me.

Regardless, giving his address away to a fucking terrorist- on LIVE TELEVISION, at that- is absolute retardation at its finest. Inexcusable.

The second I saw the black chick, I instantly went: "Yep, the chan's will be a-buzzing". Holla Forums, why do you spoil me so?

I'm not going to trot out the hackneyed "black person ruins realism of comic book movie" because that's a total fallacy that also can apply to slutty characters in vidya, but if black characters are THAT triggering to you, hows about you all take the same advice we give to Anita, and don't consume/purchase/support things you don't like?

Exactly.

Is he related to Billy Brooks from Spill.com?

I'm sure his home address was a matter of public record, he was probably feeling cocky after taking on tanks and jet fighters in the first film, sure his armour could take on an army, he just forgot that the firstest with the mostest is the bestest, and the TV chopper bit let the Mandarin get the first shot in.

The whole challenge was completely in character, and not such a bad idea. He didn't want any more civilians hurt, so he was standing out and saying COME AT ME, BRO!

It should have worked, but Guy Mandie just came on a little harder than he was expecting. Still a sound strategy, to draw out an unknown enemy, to take the measure of their strength and methods.

I'm surprised SHIELD or the FBI didn't try to intervene.

Get icecat.

I can't argue that removing his heart shrapnel was waaaay too easy for how long it was built up for, nor that giving away his home address was dumb (possibly also arrogance). However, they also had him making tech out of everyday items, rescuing multiple airline passengers creatively and having some more unorthodox use of his armour (moving between them, encasing Guy Pearce before detonating, etc.). In that way, it was clever. Compare that to Civil War where he just shows up and does little more than fly, shoot and get hit. His use was very poor, and had him doing nothing that any other person in the Iron Man suit couldn't have also done.

On a separate note, this trailer makes me feel like this movie will be part (As)gardians of the Galaxy, though it may have something to do with the junky sci-fi aesthetics. To be honest, I hated GotG for the bullshit that defied basic evolution and common sense throughout.

what the fuck are you even trying to say

see pics

Having Beta Ray Bill compete with Thor over Hammer would be far better story. It could be even tied in with Ragnarok, where Beta Ray Bill would be someone that Hela didn't account for in her plan, and ultimately him and Thor putting their competition aside and saving the day. On the upside, at least he won't be turned into a mascot like Groot was.

Well yeah that's what I'm doing
Wasn't going to see this shit anyway, haven't paid for a marvel comic in years, won't even watch trailers on jewtube
It's not just because of the niggerwashing though. That's just one of many reasons

Saddest thing is how more popular Bill would be compared to Thor.

Get triggered, faschie

Funnily enough he manages to be the best thing about the show

Iron Man 3 had some great moments and ideas in it, but the movie was just pretty boring. Tony with PTSD and no money using a barely functioning Iron Man suit was a great watch, but whenever the actual plot was happening my excitement dropped.

Not hard to do when everything else is so shit.

Nah, I'll forget about this in a few hours, you'll stay triggered every time some rando misgenders you, Commie

The issue isn't "a black person." It's putting a black person into a white role.

nope

We burn idpolers at the stake the same as we do fascists and porkies. Get unspooked.

You don't deserve them dubs. But I'll check em all the same.

Why do communists make use of an anarchist as their primary meme? If state communism is your goal, Lenin and Mao would be better figures to tie your ideology to.

Isn't Dr. Strange supposed to be in it?

Yes, one of the teasers at the end of Dr.Strange was him and Thor talking about the plot of Ragnarok.

I didn't "earn" those dubs like you Holla Forumslacks think is necessary in a capitalist system… I seized those dubs. Get rekt

fuckin' WEW, lad

Somebody's triggered. :^) Give into your hatred, join the left!

That announcer kind of sounds like Stan Lee.

At least they didn't use a horribly remixed version of a classic like most movie trailers do these days

But what if I told you Ploting your political stance on a left-right paradigm is a spook?

Nobody here wants the left anywhere near comics.

Yet another thread detailed into politics by a butthurt user from Holla Forums.
Great.

So when will you fags learn not to take blatant leftumblr b8?
This isn't anywhere near the first time some fag has cherrypicked one issue someone has with something and then gone full progressive with it, yet it gets the same amount of reactions EVERY TIME

Usually it's a samefag getting the ball rolling first. Don't worry, bait's now a bannable offense here. Just report em and move on.

His home adress is public. The Ten Rings attacked because he provoked then.

This is explained in a deleted scene. There was a chinese doctor who created a new method that could remove the shrapnels from Stark heart without killing him. Starks refuses at first but decides to do it in the end of the movie.

He have tons of that stuff. The arc reactor is powering pretty much everything in the world as far as we know. The one in his heart wasn't the only one.

It was also too fast. If I remenber right they atacked him just a few minutes after the challenge.

That's great for people who watched the deleted scene.

That's not a deleted scene. That's a set of scenes added in only in the CHINESE CUT of the movie.

Lol, they were probably planning to fuck him up anyway and the public challenge had nothing to do with it then.

Makes me wonder what the original plan with the Mandarin was. I heard they had something planned but had to change it.

Imagine when they remake TLOTR trilogy with a bunch of 7 foot tall Junglebound Muscle Blacks.

It would be such a mess of African proportions.

I don't care what anyone says: blacks with blue eyes are creepier than any 10 types of Amazonian rainforest spider.

Reported.

Iron Man 3 was tepid at best. It was a placeholder movie to finish off the contract. It wasn't bad, exactly, but it sure wasn't great.

Having said that, though, I will say this about it: I liked how they gave Stark PTSD from the events of The Avengers. The guy thought he was just sacrificing himself to save the Earth only to find himself staring into the kind of shit that drives Lovecraft's protagonists insane. Unfortunately, like the "alcoholism" in the second movie, he shakes it off pretty quickly.

Would've been nice to have the actual Mandarin. He's a cool villain.

Agreed. I'm not even saying Iron Man 3 was all that, what I'm saying is that Stark seemed like more of a character than the blank slate he was in Civil War. The CW iteration was just so dull and lifeless that anyone else could have played his role, and that's what pisses me off. I know the Russo brothers said that the way to make Cap stand a fighing chance was to have Stark be as minimal force as possible, but they were really overdoing it. It's almost like he was fresh out of Iron Man 1.

I bet the plan was to not have him at all. I remenber the earlier interviews with Shane Black (the director) and he kept denying Mandarin was in the movie. Also there was rumors that Ghost would be the villain.

I thought the announcer was Jeff Goldblum?

Well, technically he wasn't

Not excited for that much to be honest.
I did actually laugh at the end there with the Hulk. These movies are cheese I can only enjoy at the summer drive ins

It's just Holla Forums trying to force their commie memes into everything, again.

I heard that Jon Favreau wanted the Mandarin to be full on crazy super-villain and ride Fin Fang Foom like a pony.

Then Tomb of The Dragon Emperor came out.

That would be fun to watch.

We will never get any adaption of Demon in bottle/a Iron Man movie of Tony vs alcoholism because of Disney stopped him drinking alcohol.

I remember hoping that IM3 was going to have DiaB/alcoholism issues (which could have been a way for him to cope with post Avengers PTSD) and then have Peppy take up the suit temporary as Rescue when couldn't fight due to excess alcohol consumption.

Disney didn't want Tony becoming an alcoholic but they had no problem with him being a womanizer?

I would have loved for IM3 to go the way you describe. That would've been interesting.