Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

How bad good is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

blastr.com/2017-5-1/ghost-rider-coming-back-agents-shield-season-finale
ew.com/tv/2017/05/11/agents-shield-season-5-renewal/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've only seen seasons 1-3 and the first few episodes of season 4. Overall its meh. I'll do a breakdown by seasons.

Awful. Skye is an annoying that never really fits in with the group dynamic and she's just handed stuff rather than earning it. Coulson is surprisingly less interesting than I would thought. I don't hate him but his whole character to me seems to be bravado. Agent May is cool. Fitz and Simmons are the typical nerdy characters and Fitz has a crush on Simmons which surprised me since I thought he was her brother. Second half of season 1 is slightly better than the previous half but still has problems. Ward gets more interesting as a character.

Somewhat better, Skye does better and mellows out a bit. They have Hydra villain but kill him off halfway so they have to use Chinese Inhuman woman as villain. I feel sorry for Skye's dad though.

Kind of mixed. Tries to do the whole 'muh racism' with Inhumans. They introduce terrorist group called Watchdogs as secondary villain. Finale is pretty good and has the main villain contemplating his actions with one of the protagonist as they die.

Really dull. Only good thing I can think of is Mexican Ghost Rider even then he's just ok and that's compared to the other characters.

Overall meh show. Has a few interesting bits in it but you're not missing much from watching this unless you're into the Inhumans.

I honestly wish they would've done this as a monster of the week series with Coulson just solving weird problems and going to exotic places like Madripoor, Latveria and etc. Maybe can have Agent May as recurring character who is co-worker to Coulson.

It's pretty much the only show that acknowledges the M&P series exists, which is weird because it's one of the most popular handguns among law enforcement and civilians.

maybe Smith & Wesson aren't shelling out for the shillings.

Garbage TV series so they can program more addicts for their Marvel Cinematic Universe crap.

The Walking Dead uses them a lot.

They should just be honest and call it the Marvel TV Universe now

Is it good for a first time gun owner?

I've seen as much as and it's pure trash.

Skye/Daisy Johnson is a huge Mary Sue who can't act (she's smoking hot though) and everything is about her. She's the most important person in all of existence. She's also half chink now, because Joss Whedon's leech of a brother is married to a chink. Coulson stinks and is largely useless. He never commands any kind of authority. The nerdy characters are kind of enduring over time, but they're locked into such a typical network TV relationship I don't why you'd bother. May is one note and the typical Whedon "tiny lady who beats up big dudes" crutch. Between this show and her last comic Marvel hates Mockingbird as she plays 3rd fiddle to 2 other characters before being sent off due to network stupidity. There's some other recurring characters that are just set pieces, because there's nothing memorable about them. Inhumans are shitty and nowhere near weird enough and an awful allegory for race. The music is overbearing and cheesy. The villains are lame and rarely have any powers. Robbie Reyes did look pretty cool though.

The show takes all the worse aspects of the Marvel movies and cranks them up to 11.

Funny enough Skye's actress is also half chink as well.

I could only watch about half of the pilot before I had to turn it off. Highly stereotypical characters unleashing a hailstorm of quips. If you liked The Quipvengers and The Quipvengers: Lame Ol' Quiptron, I suppose you may feel right at home in it.

Yes. Cheaper than a Glock, nearly as much support and a fuck ton better ergonomics.

Your absolute first fun should be a 22LR rifle, but the M&P9 (or shield) is a good choice for first pistol (Shield in particular is super cheap now, ~230 USD after rebate, and a good carry gun)

Ward, Fitz and Simmons are just about the only interesting characters in the show now, probably because they're the only ones where the actors actually put in a modicum of effort.

Mark my words, it will be canceled after season 5. It's already on its last legs.>>828965

It got renewed for season 5?

lol, you must be some kind of turbo-incel

I give up after the first season…
The movies doesn't give a single fuck about it so it doesn't improved the "cinematic universe feeling".

Can someone sum up what each season were about…

So there are other ghost riders? Wew…

>>>Holla Forums

It's dogshit

They should have made this instead, a shame marvel thought it was too 'niche' and 'experimental'

She's just a plain Jane.

It's better than the worst marvel movies
Not that that's saying much

The plotline they're doing right now is kind of cool and I'm surprised it's going on for longer than two episodes, but I'm sure they'll fuck it up before the end

For them…

No, it's quite awful like the rest of the show. They could've created something really cool with the Framework but no, the Whedon familly had to insist that they're on the right side of history.

Jesus, you Trumpcucks are getting more twitchy by the minute.

Wait SHIELD is now Hydra again? Damn they can never kill them off can they. Have they fought other organizations like AIM or Leviathan?

It's a pretty obvious reference.

Go through puberty munther

Still better than Daisy Ridley.

I wish they went the other way in the Framework by portraying the inhumans as the bad guys. This (Trump is le evil, Fitz and his fashy haircut) is just a dumb Hollywood overreaction that will make the show unwatchable in the future, just like when they overuse pop culture references.

You're not doing a very good job at selling it.

Selling what? That people shouldn't be triggered by libshits making fun of Trump, considering that's he's yet another kosher neocon fuck in the vein of Bush, and that they're all on the same side manipulating dumb goyim with lazy emotional platitudes?

I'd mash it and have mixed HUE-Asian babies with.

I don't necessarily support Trump and I am not even America, but I do think le evil rayciss villain is a really low-hanging fruit at this point. You probably hate him for a very valid and genuine reason I imagine but for different reasons that these cucks.

*I am not even American

Everyone here already knows this, and most suspected it from the start. You're yelling at a your own straw-man.
This isn't libshits making fun of just Trump, but also of everyone who wanted to MAGA.

AIM is completely irrelevant, and Leviathan got absorbed into Hydra's Russian branch.

How the fuck is Ward an interesting character? He went from a bland-ish member of the core team, to an even blander, cartoon-tier villain. And whenever he got a redemption arc going, all the other characters openly shat on him as the most horrible person ever to exist, effectively killing any possibility of development for him.

Granted, he did get fucked over in the aftermath of the Winter Soldier fiasco by becoming suddenly evil.

For me it was his backstory of how much he was abused or not.

Bad taste?

Correction: He went bland-ish member of the core team, to a bland ineffective villain who Coulson kills by squeezing his chest, to an even blander, cartoon-tier villain because of some space worm takes over his dead body.

This show is almost always "all tell and no show." Ward should have snapped May's neck establishing him as a real treat whose knowledge of SHIELD and Hydra allowed him to outmaneuver an entire SHIELD team. Instead they just say how dangerous he is while they defeat him at every turn.

IMO, Ward shouldn't have gone evil. He filled the "no-nonsense, grim-faced, stick-up-his-ass with rare moments of humor" agent role too goddamn well, and the team lost quite a bit of good dynamic when the reveal of his treachery came round. You can tell that the writers recognized that, as they repeatedly tried to fill that void with even blander "pretty boy, tough-guy" characters none of whom came even close to what they had with Ward.

Don't really disagree with that. I always thought Fitz would have made for a more interesting evil reveal.

Yep.

nice manjaw

This show never did ANYTHING with graviton did it?
Fucking wasted ideas

To be fair, neither does Marvel.

I completely forgot about him.

Ghost Rider is apparently back in the finale.

blastr.com/2017-5-1/ghost-rider-coming-back-agents-shield-season-finale

Was the Ghost Rider arc even any good? I tuned out right at the start of this season. The current Hydra Matrix arc looks kind of entertaining and I'm tempted to jump back in, but I'm just wondering if I'll have to watch through 10 or so episodes of pure cancer first to understand what's going on.

Will Johnny Blaze ever come up again. I know he shows in clip related.

What I hate is that the Ghost Rider bits were actually good, but the plot around him that he was forced to be in were pretty ass.
Fitz using science to figure out and mess with magic was the part I dropped it at.

It's been renewed!

ew.com/tv/2017/05/11/agents-shield-season-5-renewal/

And still no one cares about it

How is this even possible? People were saying the show was not having enough ratings with Ghost Rider in it.

Either the new Agents of HYDRA arc brought people back (mostly because of Ward, Trip, and all those characters returning), or Disney pulled a few strings to get it renewed.

Funny how being cross promotion driven didn't save Agent Carter or The Muppets

What was that one even about?

It was about an excellent pair of tits and their journey through a series of very unflattering costumes.

The costume designer for that show must be launched into the sun.

One of thing that pissed me off is the wasted potential when they got another Super-Soldier character in the series…and first have him be an Inhuman..and it turns out he's only human with a temporary boost.

lol

YOU HAD ONE JOB.

>Coulson becomes the Ghost Rider for 5 minutes just to trick ADA and presumably offers up his soul or some shit to do it
All in all, the finale was alright
Definitely a better effort than previous seasons, though they still haven't brought back Mace Windu for another appearance

I watched the show for the first season and thought it was fine. then the second season started and it was obvious they had no idea how to continue past the first season so they went and added 3 more fighty chicks and turned the nerdy girl into a fighty chick so now we have 5 fightly chicks all fighting for screentime to prove they're the strongest, most capable female character who doesn't need no man.

I stopped watching somewhere towards the back end of season 2 when I couldn't stand the "I'M A HOT FIGHTING GIRL AND THIS IS MY SUBPLOT AND THE MALES ARE ALL EXTREMELY BETA MALE FOR A TEAM OF HIGHLY TRAINED AND EXPERIENCED SPECIAL OPS AGENTS" anymore.

I doubt it changed much in season 3 and given OPs picture they probably added 2 or 3 more fighty chicks to the roster to berate the idiot incompetent male squadmates.

Disney own ABC. Of course they pulled strings

Holy shit the last episode was bad. Why do they feel the need to double down on the Whedon writing style? Why can't they write Pasdar's character as a soldier and not as a clown? Why haven't they killed Yoyo yet? Couldn't they let Mack die and be with his daughter? Every character on that show whatever their age act and speak like a teenager.
I can't believe that show managed to get another season…

That's what they did.