Millchan

What is Millchan?
A decentralized imageboard engine for ZeroNet.

What is ZeroNet?
A decentralized network that distributes content using the BitTorrent protocol.
zeronet.readthedocs.io/

Millchan is being written using the Vue.js framework with the aim of being simultaneously reactive and safe (as feasibly possible).

Things that have been implemented so far:
-A system that allows board creation
-An anonymous system similar to 0chan
-Catalog
-Upload of multiple images in a single post
-Upload of mp4/webm
-Text formatting
-Basic moderation options (blacklist users/posts)
-Allow users to ignore blacklist and render all posts

Working instance:
127.0.0.1:43110/1ADQAHsqsie5PBeQhQgjcKmUu3qdPFg6aA

Source:
gitgud.io/mcdev/Millchan

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/HelloZeroNet/ZeroNet#user-content-how-to-join
zeronet.io
zeronet.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq/#how-to-use-zeronet-with-tor
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ZeroNet#Tor
cryptologie.net/article/424/writing-a-dapp-for-the-ethereum-block-chain/
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/whomever
127.0.0.1:43110/0chan.bit/
127.0.0.1:43110/1ADQAHsqsie5PBeQhQgjcKmUu3qdPFg6aA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Please tell me: how is this better than a RetroShare forum?

Does it mine cryptocoins while I browse?
If not, would you please consider adding that feature to your imageboard?

Mining your own crypto with your own browser is pointless. It's only profitable for webhosts because they mine with thousands of people's computers at once.

Washing dishes for 1 hour is more profitable then mining on 1000 computers with javascript for a month.

Different protocols.
Lower barrier of entry.
More efficient / less overhead.

No and no

A GUIDE TO RUN ZERONET FOR DUMMIES
github.com/HelloZeroNet/ZeroNet#user-content-how-to-join
tl;dr
1. Go to the official page zeronet.io
2. Download and extract the ZeroBundle archive
3. Run the ZeroNet.{exe,app,sh} file
That's it.

Keep in mind that ZerNet is not anonymous by default.
If you want to use it with Tor you need a few extra configurations. See:
zeronet.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq/#how-to-use-zeronet-with-tor
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ZeroNet#Tor

Ask David to implement that in his Ethereum DAPP IB.
cryptologie.net/article/424/writing-a-dapp-for-the-ethereum-block-chain/

well there goes all of my interest

You can create you own milf board, cuck.

ZeroNet should be instantly familiar to users of RetroShare, I2P, and Freenet because it's also fucking dead.

Avoid Zeronet. The whole thing feels like the developer doesn't know what he's doing. It's in Python and stores pretty much everything inside countless JSON files and folders.
Use alternative like IPFS or wait for GNUnet.

Neither of those are at all similar to ZeroNet. I dont care what you "feel" about his code or programming practice. I care about the results.

You seem a bit peeved at a simple joke.

Zeronet? More like TrashNet.
There are already plenty of very good systems. I2P (personal favorite), Freenet, GNUnet, and other odd things like Tahoe-LAFS, RetroShare, Bitmessage, IPFS, etc.
At least with using something like Freenet/I2P/GNUnet you are safe(ish). Having to use Tor instead of some integrated thing is fucking retarded and the system is trash.
Show me an imageboard on Freenet or one on I2P and I'll check it out. ZeroNet can go Africa.

IPFS focus is to store data in the network in a "permanent" and decentralized manner.
It doesn't focus on quickly distributing or updating content.
That's the reason smugboard feels more like a hack than something that smoothly integrates with the protocol.

I don't know what you're waiting on GNUnet for.

Why don't you add Bitcoin, Skype, and Ceph to that list? Look, just because they are all "mesh" and "distributed" doesn't mean they're even remotely fit for the same purpose.

Pick one.

Tor works. Why would they reinvent the wheel and deploy their own homebrew crypto when they just can integrate the system with something that already works instead?

I don't get it
Why is this better than NNTPchan?

Speaking of nntpchan, how does that work? I've used the web interface 2hu-ch.org but can you forgo the existing web stuff entirely and just run a local nntp server like Leafnode (leafnode.sourceforge.net) and then read/post with any news client? (pine, tin, slrn, and such)
I mean, how do you get an upstream link and setup authentication? That kind of stuff is automatic when you use Freenet and the other stuff. NNTPchan seems more static in nature, unless I missed something.

Legit as fuck.

I think you've made the post with the least substance of all time

I wouldn't say better. Just different.
From what I understand, on NNTPchan you still need people whiling to configure, host, manage and monitor the servers though otherwise it's not possible to update/access the content.

On ZeroNet every node is a server which means content can spread horizontally so there is no need to rely on a hierarchy where only the few people in the top are able to update the database content.

Namecoin it's an optional thing.
It's not the main use of the "Bitcoin cryptography" in the protocol.

dropped

(You)

OP, why you don't posting your code on github?

Github is good for visibility but it's terrible for many other reasons.
GitGud/Gitlab provides all the useful features from Github without all the restrictions and censorship shit that people have to accept to use the latter.

If you're interested in contributing it shouldn't take more than five minutes to create an account there.

Only faggots care about SJWs and CoCs. Just upload it anywhere, who gives a fuck.

kill yourself

github yourself tbh

OP, I want to translate your script on another language. Where translation file located?

I've tried avoiding using Javascript but it's currently not possible.
The only API available right it's a Javascript API that executes all the requests through websockets.
One of the main reasons I chose Vue is to significantly limit the attack surface for XSS attacks and other JS related shenanigans.
If you still can't deal with it then go convince the developers to implement a RESTful API in your favorite meme language or just fork the project and implement one yourself.

That would be great. Thanks.
Millchan it's currently not using translation placeholders though. It has been added to the todo list.
Usually the translation files are just json files located in the "languages" directory (you can see an example of that in the ZeroHello zite).

tor over i2p over freenet over gnunet over tahoe-lafs over retroshare over bitmessage over ipfs over tor when

The reply system has been improved.
Now the only thing available in 0chan that hasn't been implemented in Millchan is a dark as my soul theme.

Millhouse chan?

t. brainlet

It will probably have some documentation eventually but its setup is similar to any other zite.

Not an argument.

sorely dissapointed.

Millchan 0.2.0 is out!

Changelog:

Enjoy.

The Blockchain takes up as much electricity as Denmark, who thought this would be a good idea?

What are you on about?
Currently the only use of blockchain in ZeroNet is indirectly through its use of Namecoin for domain registration.

Some documentation has been added. Enjoy.

Zeronet is inherently a poor choice for this kind of project if you want people to be anonymous. Someone legit did this before already.

That image is retarded. Thanks for the amusement.
Whomever did that would have saved him a lot of time of "reverse engineering" how ZeroNet works if he had dedicated five minutes into reading the documentation OR reading the anonymous disclaimer that was displayed on visit to 0chan's OR by reading 0chan's front page.

Also, half of it's not even accurate.
On 0chan you COULD post with your ZeroID but it's wasn't a requirement.
If you didn't want your ZeroID to be associated with your posts, you could just post with the 0chan anonymous certificate which is unrelated to any other zites.
Millchan doesn't allow posting with your ZeroID. Only with your self-signed certificate.
Hence, you will have to try really hard if you want your posts to be associated with identities that you have in other zites.

The only accurate information there is that your posts and images are linked to an identity.
The reason for that is because integrity of data it's not accomplished magically.
It's done by digitally signing everything using asymmetric cryptography.
If you want to stay truly anonymous there is absolutely nothing preventing you from generating a new anonymous certificate for every post you make.
So again, it's not really an issue.

ZeroNet does have its problems but they are far from the things stated in that image.
Try doing your own research the next time instead of re-posting poorly researched nonsense.

I'm glad you addressed this because it's the number one reservation I had even playing around with your project.

Unless you find a way to automate this and not clobber other IDs that you do want to keep, then this is in fact an issue. Putting an onus on the user to maintain their anonymity isn't good, it means only those in the know have the privileged of anonymous communication and those who don't know may accidentally leak their identity when they assume the service is anonymous. It's deceptive, not on purpose but deceptive nonetheless.

Not an argument.
Not a word.
Nice strawman but that's what the person did. You admitted that the image was completely correct despite your previous quip. Yet you pretend later that you didn't. Hilarious.
Wrong.
If you did that, anyone could modify your post in arbitrary ways at any time. Also that feature was added long after the post was made. It's an attempt to circumvent the inherent limitations of zeronet.
You don't have single clue how zeronet works.
Case in point, you just contradicted yourself.
Other networks do not have that problem. The fact is zeronet's arch is completely insane.
Now if this isn't the definition of arguing in bad faith I don't know what is.

ZeroNet is open source.
Implement it yourself and open a pull request if that's a feature you desire.

I didn't claim it was.

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/whomever

No. I didn't.
You should probably work on your reading comprehension.

certSelect: => if @isProxy @cmd("certSelect", accepted_domains: ["zeroid.bit"]) else @cmd("certSelect", accepted_domains: ["0ch.anonymous", "zeroid.bit"])
Extracted directly from 0chan's source code, retard.

selectUser: => @cmd "certSelect",{accepted_domains: [config.domain]} false
Extracted directly from Millchan's source code, retard.

Please show me the contradiction in my post.

Not an argument.

this is a lie, there is no other way to submit anything on zeronet without any sort of certificate. even 0chan's certificate can still be used to track you, thats why people use the term "pseudo-nonymous"

Some certificate != ZeroID certificate.

Perhaps you should read >>49138 one more time, especially the part where users can generate as many certificates as they wish if they want to say "truly anonymous".

You have no idea of what you're talking about.
Using digital signatures is not a "problem".
It's a solution to the problem of guaranteeing integrity in a decentralized network.

i haven't looked at zerochan in a while, although i dont remember it saying anything like that on 0ch's homepage. i'm just saying what other people said and proved

From 0chan's modal_user_disclaimer.coffee file:

I'm still eager to see some of those proofs since so far the only things I've witnessed were anecdotes about people who made erroneous assumptions about ZeroNet and its imageboards, and then became bewildered when it diverged from their expectations.

Also, 0chan is kill for now and 127.0.0.1:43110/0chan.bit/ is currently redirecting to Millchan.

Is it dead, or are there any users?

There are some posts from time to time.
58 boards and 1058 posts currently.

back 4chan

Are you actually retarded or just pretending to be?

ZeroNet is bad.

Not an argument.

I don't give a shit about your imageboard technology. Is there an actual imageboard I can visit? Does it freeze by browser?
>127.0.0.1:43110/1ADQAHsqsie5PBeQhQgjcKmUu3qdPFg6aA
Nevermind it's worse, you have to run a website on your own computer. Inb4 (not even guessing, I'm certain this will happen, as usual) XSS and CSRF enables people to make you post shit you didn't say, change your settings, and even gives remote code execution on your own PC.

I'm not touching that glow-in-the-dark poz fest with a 10 foot pole.

also, pic related

What part of "distributes content using the BitTorrent protocol" did you fail to understand?
And please enlighten me who exactly is this "worse".
Each node controls what is seeding.
If you do not want to host some content you can easily just delete it from your node.
If a lot of people are interested in some content it spreads into the network in a decentralized manner which makes censorship virtually impossible.

You would literally have to be retarded and spam v-html everywhere to introduce a XSS while using with Vue.js
Every user content is standardized before saving it, validated before loading and sanitized before rendering.
So I wish you good luck finding those trivial vulnerabilities there.

Do not assume no one knows what they are doing just because most people don't know what they are doing.

See

Try reading the thread the next time.

False.
False.
False.
False.

No wonder the media was making such a big fuss about "fake news".
You gullible retards believe anything that you fucking read even if it can be trivially verified as inaccurate.

Interesting how there's barely any people shitting on ipfs and smugboard in their respective threads, but tons of people bashing zeronet and vehement ZIDF defenders taking over almost all discussion in their own thread.
Suspiciously aggressive too, almost as if there's some sort of (((incentive))) for doing so.

Interesting how ZeroNet threads are the only ones that get spammed with retarded disinformation as if there's some sort of ((((((incentive)))))) for doing so.

this.

It's time to stop user.

Why do the faggots push this disgusting meme? It shits itself on Tor browser. In contrast, I can browse GitHub with no hiccups in the same browser.

GitHub might work for browsing but it doesn't work if you want to host a repository there, anonymously.
They also have a historic of deleting repositories for random reasons.

GidGud/Gitlab use Javascript to dynamically load some of the information that is displayed in the project's page while GitHub all of the work server-side.

If you don't want to enable Javascript you can just git clone the repository and use your favorite IDE to see the same information that you've seen with Javascript enabled.