Black Friday VPN deals

Anyone looking into picking up a VPN? Mine just ran out and was looking to renew. Do you have any that you swear by? How super sekrit do you get with your buying process?

I recently found out that you can walk in with cash into most walmarts and you can buy what's called a 'OneVanilla' card which is a prepaid mastercard that is an unreloadable card (costs $5 + whatever you want to put on it) which doesn't involve any sort of registration. Seems like the easiest way and most obfuscable transaction for obtaining a VPN.

Here is a list of currently running deals for 2017: archive.is/977sA

Other urls found in this thread:

leaktest.online/
panopticlick.eff.org/
proxy.sh/panel/knowledgebase/1702/Convert-your-VPN-package-into-an-anonymous-token-credential.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

airvnp is the best and 30% off right now

Why is it the best? I thought most EU countries have pretty bad data privacy laws being under EU control. I know AirVPN is based in Italy though.

xkeyscore

ty. 35%. they're decent, I use a few others but in my testing theyre ok

I hope you know what a 'threat model' and 'browser fingerprinting' is.

fingerprinting test: leaktest.online/ & panopticlick.eff.org/

is buying a VPS and running OpenVPN a viable option?

Depends. What's your threat model?

simple obfuscation and degoogling for a small user group

ok
Google doesn't limit their tracking to cookies, they also use your IP address for identification. You might be better off with a periodically changing IP address from your ISP.
If you want the best of both worlds, some commercial VPN service might be the right choice for you. However this puts you in the spotlight for intelligence agencies and some services like Netflix might block you.

With a VPN you get several IPs in different countries.

Thanks for reminding me user, saved some shekels on my renewal.
I use airvpn, don't really have anything to compare it to but it's pretty good in my experience.

Yeah but AirVPN is based out of Italy which is definitely within the NSA sphere of influence. Wouldn't you want something a little out of that jurisdiction? I would also never consider anything that isn't token-based.

Your face is captured on cameras when you pay to cashier.
You will connect from your home or mobile phone.
Every ISP you connect through will routinely see you use the same VPN provider.

Maybe if you can afford to buy 200 VPSes in different locations.

kys

You Are Forgiven, Your Sins Forgotten

Unfortunately these are shit, a lot of places recognize the code as "Vanilla" or whatever and won't accept it.

Even if there is a card balance they'll just shrug or send you a message saying declined until you use your actual card.

As long as they mastercard it's accepted. These services do not have sign in pages.

Thoughts on Mullvad? It has used AES-256 encryption since early 2015 (past arguments against it had been that it only used Blowfish in the past, which was going out of date), their country (Sweden) has no data collection laws, and you sign up with bitcoin (meme, I know, but it is anonymous if you tumble it) and are given an account number (so no email). As far as I can tell, it's as secure as any other and, even if they did keep logs, their signup system ensures that they can't connect it to any one person when combined with Tor and obfs4.
Winrar? Did I miss something?

AES-256 is a mistake. The overhead per packet is huge and doesn't make it more secure.

I'm thinking about trying Final Solutions. I heard it's pretty good and their servers are all hosted in China where free speech is actually protected, also you get a small commission for every referral you bring.

I don't trust any EUSSR country with my data tbh. Half the shit I say would get me arrested in Sweden so it's a bit of a nonstarter. I tend to prefer boutique jurisdictions for data privacy, but that's just me. Also Mullvad isn't having any Black Friday deals.

Not 100% sure what you mean, but it accepts bitcoin if you're talking about that

what did he mean by this

proxy.sh/panel/knowledgebase/1702/Convert-your-VPN-package-into-an-anonymous-token-credential.html

If there are no logs then they can't correlate usage to any particular account holder. Then why the need for anonymous payments?

MITM

So you don't need to trust their claim about not logging.