Most Important Spier-Mna Characters

I'd like to know which characters Holla Forums thinks are absolutelly vital to the Spider-Man Mythos. Doing this because something about the Homecoming trailer looks off to me. I'm going to give it my best shot:

Peter Parker (wish this didn't need to be said)
Uncle Ben (has to die and stay dead)
Aunt May
Harry Osborn
Flash Thompson
Norman Osborn
Gwen Stacy
Mary Jane
J Jonah Jameson
Otto Octavius
The Symbiote
Eddie Brock
The Punisher (was introduced in Spider-Man and contrasted how Spider-Man does things, can be avoided if you have a similar story with Venom to get the same themes across)
Black Cat

I'm sure I'm missing someone, but those are the characters that scream Spider-Man to me.

JUST

Ben Reilly
Kaine Parker
The Jackal
(fuck clone saga but Kaine is great)
The Lizard
Carnage

In my mind, Carnage is more important to Eddie/Venom than he is to Spider-Man. While Venom is Spider-Man's foil, Carnage is Venom's. I definitely agree on the Lizard, though. Don't know how I forgot him.

Could you give me a quick rundown on Ben Reilly and Kaine Parker, I never really understood the thematic relevance of the Clone Saga.

Fair.

Clones of Spider-man by the Jackal. Thematically in the grand scheme they're not absolutely important as the event was just a very big deal back then. Not a good big deal but something that happened all the same. Someone can probably explain it much better than I can.

What makes Kaine cool?

Characters homecoming is missing: Uncle Ben (even though Spider-Man is a toddler) Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy, Flash Thompson, The Osborns, J Jonah Jameson

Characters Homecoming has: Iron Man, The Vulture, Black Girl

Imagine Peter if he wasn't a whiny bitch, had more powers, and didn't give a shit about anything happening but would still begrudgingly do the right thing. That's Kaine.

Sounds like a fanfic, tbh. What are his faults? Without faults he isn't a real character. Why does he do the right thing if he doesn't care? I don't doubt that he's had some good stories, but what makes him interesting?

He thinks he's a monster, doesn't deserve happiness, and is very very stubborn. He does what he does because he wants to be a better person and more of a hero like Peter.

What led him to believe that? Because he's a clone that shouldn't exist? Actually sounds kind of interesting.

Because he's a clone, used to consume people to stay alive, became a spider monster several times, and has killed a few other people/gotten people killed.

Top kek and when's the next purge of the Spider-Man cast? they killed or left a lot of characters to rot because a new cook was in control of the pot.

I'd argue that some of Spidey's supporting cast are more iconic than they are "important", especially when it comes to adaptations that will never be 1:1 translations of the source material. It doesn't help that certain aspects have become either dated or outright irrelevant (PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN in the age of social media, Peter's very short high school period). How many characters from the pre-OMD days still regularly appear in the mainline Spidey comics? Not that many, and the ones that do barely have a reason to still be tethered to Peter's daily life now that he's currently Tony Stark-lite.

I'll even go as far as to say that Flash, Gwen, Eddie, and the Punisher are pretty superfluous to the franchise today. Especially the Punisher, who's both outgrown his first appearance in ASM and outlasted the era that inspired him.

Without Gwen, Peter never becomes an adult. Eddie actually falls into that same category. The problem is that not enough people realize that Spider-Man is a character that has to at one point become an adult, even the original comics require that because they're a coming of age story. At some he has to come of age.

Aunt May & Uncle Ben
JJJ
Gwen Stacy, Flash Thompson, and Harry Osborne
Mary Jane Watson
The Green Goblin
to me are the absolute essentials

Aside from Uncle Ben, Aunt May and maaaybe J. Jonah Jameson, none.

Everyone is optional, especially if they do a "What If…" story, in which case all bets are off.

Homecoming doesn't have anyone besides younger and slightly hotter Aunt May, which is on the one hand kinda wrong, but on the other hand makes more sense than May being old enough to be Peter's grandma in most other incarnations.

The fat Asian kid kinda annoys me, but I will admit that Peter being friends with a dorky loser like himself makes more sense than him being friends with the anti-social son of a billionaire industrialist like Harry.

On second thoughts, Flash Thompson may be kind of important as Peter's high-school tormentor.

He still hanging out with the underaged mexican girl?

GTFO (((DISNEY))) SHILL

RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Black Spider-Man

You don't necessarily need Gwen for that. Her eventual death makes her more of a footnote than an actual character, which is why her depictions from Ultimate, Spectacular, the Amazing movies, and even Spider-Gwem are so different.

Eddie Brock is in the weird position where writers don't really need him if they want "Venom". And symbiote offshoots like Carnage just shit on his potential as an arch-nemesis on par with Norman Osborn. Turning Venom into an anti-hero was a mistake.

Tired of accusing random posts of being Holla Forums posters yet?

You're mistake, tbh.

MJ is dead to us. She went black. She can't come back.

MJ's a quadroon with a body slightly less fuckable than your average chopstick, Flash is a faggot Indian/Guatemalan, and Ganke has no fucking place at Peter Parker's side. Also, Peter is being played by yet another British homosexual. Did I miss anything?

The two main girls are niggers, one being "Michelle" and the other "Liz Allan", and Kevin Fag says he wants to stretch the high-school bullshit as long as possible in the vein of Harry Potter school year sequels.

Fuck this gay Earth.

Don't worry, with Spider-Man leaving the MCU after Honecoming, Sony will crash and burn the franchise into the ground, thrice. Also, don't get your hopes up for the Venom movie, it'll probably suck.

His daughter (Peter needs to eventually get a handle on his life and turn into a competent, loving father and husband)

Still makes sense. Peter is just the only one who can get any pictures worth a damn. Even the 2001 movie establish that other people had pictures of him, they were just terrible because of how fast he moves.

May being an old fuck hammers in the point of how badly in need of money they are. May can't really work much because she's so old, and supporting Peter is a huge burden for her, regardless of how much she loves him. Peter's home life is supposed to be a degree of tragic, as he knows he could easily fix their money problems by becoming a criminal, and no one would ever be able to stop him.

A young bangable May should be self-sufficient enough to keep a roof over their heads, and their situation can't be that shit if she isn't selling her body to anyone. Also, you know have an Aunt May that might fuck someone for cash and I don't like that idea.

Why would I have ever been excited for that?

Because it's unrelated to the new Miles Mora-I mean, Homecoming film?

But knowing Sony, I doubt it will be any good.

Wot? What the hell's the point of this abortion, then?

He's wildly guessing

bump