Current year

Libre high end GPU when?

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Mali-400-New-Open-Source
miaowgpu.org
github.com/yuq/mesa-lima
libv.livejournal.com/27461.html
github.com/asicguy/gplgpu
eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacking-nvidia-cards-into-their-professional-counterparts/?PHPSESSID=86bheou7m7gcc2pihulgmhlrms
libreboot.org/docs/hardware/c201.html#no-microcode
hackaday.com/2017/09/23/the-tiny-25-pocketbone/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Mali-400-New-Open-Source
This will make open source drivers for the Mali400 GPU (GPU of Libre Tea Computer Card, currently soldered off).
miaowgpu.org
They're a ways off from a working product and cuck licensed, but it's modern and high end.

Mali had a free driver. ARM went full COINTELPRO on the lone dev working on it to destroy his career and ensure it would never get released. Never buy ARM, even nvidia is more ethical.

Source? That sounds really fucked up.
Unfortunately, we're not in a state to be bargaining with boycotts for what free design hardware we get - there's not many choices to begin with.
If the ARM CPU design in question is already free (Beaglebone, LTCC) and ARM Holdigs only owns the designs, I don't see how it makes any dicference whether you buy ARM or an alternative open one. They don't actually make them.

Either way the Lima github page has recent commits: github.com/yuq/mesa-lima

Poo in the GPU

what the fuck is libre GPU
who cares if it runs like ass

You do realize that all three have open source drivers, right?
Intel GPUs are blobless until Skylake. With nouveau, you have no blobs until Maxwell.
For what? Your freedom-respecting modern triple ayy vidya?

Will be irrelevant 10 years later.
VBIOS
Some people do work on their GPUs, not only watch mongolian motion pictures.

Not them but you gotta believe that dubs bruh
It's common sense that ARM will be 'interdicted' by intelligence agencies the fact that the whole populace owns smart phones. It's pretty sad though since ARM had so many potential. This is why global adoption leads to botnetization. Blame the cabals, seriously.

about the nvidia thing they're also right about that.
nvidia SPC-tier and nothing could go wrong if it's dedicated GPU

After allwinner manage to get him fired the guy was persecuted by allwinner for about four years.
For four years he couldn't get a job.
libv.livejournal.com/27461.html

GPLGPU license here:
github.com/asicguy/gplgpu

hopefully not too far the scam that is the GPU market needs to die and when it comes the gaymen industry will too.
eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacking-nvidia-cards-into-their-professional-counterparts/?PHPSESSID=86bheou7m7gcc2pihulgmhlrms

Phones are already botnet by design though, and they can track you everywhere and listen via mic. That's not done by Intel ME style botnet. It's due to the nature of the device itself and associated infrastructure. So hackers might be able to pwn your phone's OS, but that's about it.
libreboot.org/docs/hardware/c201.html#no-microcode

People who buy ARM boards are morons. Take this guy for example. He truly believes they are great because Beaglebone and Allwinner got a mention on FSF website. Not only is a Core2Duo machine more open, it would also be cheaper and faster too.

So when will there be a libre CUDA alternative?

Core2Duo is just the cpu. You can run ARM board without using any closed GPU driver.

By closed, you mean Mali and PowerVR as opposed to GMA 945/50 with open drivers.

I mean no GPU device at all. It's not needed for network server, firewall/router, and even on desktop I just use plain framebuffer.
BTW, don't try this at home kids, I'm a professional!

Yeah that's garbage. You paid $40 for garbage that's slower than 10 year old garbage people are tossing out.

You can have a fully open system with an ARM SBC if you route the GPU tasks through the CPU. Can't get more open than that, although like I mentioned to OP, we might soon be able to use the whole board when/if we get free drivers.
When did I say that? Allwinner and Beaglebone are the closest to being complete sets of integrated free design hardware which comes together. Am I wrong? No, I'm not.
Look at this: hackaday.com/2017/09/23/the-tiny-25-pocketbone/
That black square in the middle of the board is a Beaglebone Black, reorganized and compressed into a tiny package. It's the same size as a Core2Duo CPU and is a full computer on its own (if not a very powerful one). You could do a minimal install of Gentoo with an X display server, Musl, keyboard software from postmarketOS (for a mobile phone setup), and Dillo, add a 5.0 inch touchscreen, solder on a wifi card, and shitpost from it. Free the Mali GPU on that, and it's a fully libre machine.
You can make your own machine with a Core2Duo CPU and other free components, but that's not relevant here. Fuck off, LARPer.

They can triangulate your position by looking at which cell towers you're connected to. That's not even mentioning IMSI catchers and hardware exploits (proprietary basebands connected to everything, firmware, etc).

its called OpenCL

You say YOU could do it, but YOU have never done it. A Cortex A8 is about as anemic as you can get. It's BARELY faster the original Raspberry Pi. If I could, I'd force you to use nothing but your meme singleboard and punch your teeth in when go back to whatever it is that you're using now. You're a dumb faggot and I hope you die in your sleep.

Good goy, fall for the cult.

Nobody where I live tosses out old computers. They try to sell it for more than cost of new ARM SBC. So in reality, I'm saving money. Also the speed doesn't matter to me at all, since like I said the framebuffer alone is more than sufficient.

I don't GNUW op