Random death's head storytime

hello Holla Forums

how're we all today

I feel like storytiming some random death's head stuff

so let's go

for those who don't know the character. bounty hun- freelance peacekeeping agent, he prefers. Freelance Peacekeeping Agent mech created for the Marvel UK Transformers comics. The creators liked him so much they quickly made a one-pager in a regular Marvel magazine so Marvel'd keep the character instead of Hasbro. He then become a runaway hit and crossed over with basically every property Marvel UK had, starting from Transformers and then crossing with Doctor Who, Dragon's Claw, Iron Man 2020, etc.

He's had a recent resurgeance on Marvel thanks to Kieron Gillan, that fag writer, who was a Marvel UK kiddie in the 80s, using him everywhere he can. But in most of these modern uses, his design was made by Greg Land and looks awful. Anyway we're not here for that, but for a couple stuff from the 80s that I quite like.

I'm skipping stuff since I'm not interested in doing a complete storytime here (might do that some other time). What you need to know here is that the Doctor sent him to Earth in 8162, where he met a local gang of characters, mercenaries and shit from another Marvel UK comic, and in the ensuing confrontation, ended up destroyed.

and why not, I'll add the what-if special where death's head didn't die.

you see, in the 90s, Marvel UK decided to give Death's Head a 90s edgy reboot, and had him be killed by an AIM android named Minion, who came from the year 2020. Minion was killing hundreds of notable people from all over history, and absorbing their knowledge and instincts. Thing is, when he kills Death's Head, Death's Head ends up kind of taking over Minion's mind- but not really, the final result is basically a different personality with some DH elements but overall a different character (although the much more recent Revolutionary War event, from a couple years ago, played up the DH elements further).

I don't mind the Death's Head 2.0 stuff much, but he's just not as fun as DH himself was. So for the sake of satisfaction alone, let's see what'd have happened if he'd survived the 90s…

Death's Head 1.0 had a pretty fun guest appearance in Walt Simonson's Fantastic Four, which is a really underappreciated run.

Anyway, I'm done here, for now at least. Have a few pages from recent appearances of the character to fill space in this post- In Nova, where he looks awful and based on the Greg Land design, and in X-Men 92, where he looks more like the genuine thing.

bump so I can rread this later

I always liked Death's Head's design, but I never read any comics featuring him.

Not a bad read, pleasant even.

Nice dump OP

Death's Head is such a fun character. I love how expressive he is.

Thanks for the storytime OP

bump

There is no Rule 34 of Death's Head.

Thanks op