432 Hz vs. 440 Hz for 'A' theory?

attunedvibrations.com/432hz/

You're probably aware of this and have discussed it in the past, but if so, I've missed it, and I wonder what people think.

It's about music where 'A' tone is tuned to 432 Hz having better psychological effects on humans. It sounds like bullshit at first glance, but I've tried converting a few songs into 432 Hz and they do sound more melodic and pleasant on the ears - especially songs that are intended to be such in the first place.

Furthermore, people unaware of the theory that I asked to compare the same song in 440 Hz and 432 Hz liked the 432 Hz version better.

Here's a tonoscope experiment: youtube.com/watch?v=1zw0uWCNsyw

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/wvEFg
people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Myths_(Vinyl)
graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=3591&graphID[]=1443&scale=30
graphs.headphone.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I took a bunch of my favorite songs at the time and using audacity which can adjust the tuning without fucking up the song and a website that iirc was called tuning fork to figure out how many cents it needed to be adjusted to make A 432.

It was very complicated and took a bit of math and music knowledge to do so I only did about 10 songs. It didnt work for all of them but the ones that it did work on you could definitely feel the difference.

Could be just the slower pitch or even placebo

How does this mean anything relevant?

I had previously seen a very good article that gave conclusive commentary on this matter but I can't find it right now. In general though, it's mostly bullshit.

On Audacity right now, it's Effects -> Pitch -> minus 1.818% and it's done. Then you export as MP3 again.

put it on soundcloud or something

Total bollocks.
You can make the water resonate at any frequency you choose, it all depends on the size of the container.

Classicalfag here. This theory is pretty bunk. It's basically just placebo. Center of pitch has moved around for a long time. In the Renaissance and such, there was no standard pitch. In the Baroque, you started to find it but it was still very different. There are a lot of organs tuned in the 490s. While eventually things started to settle in at around 432, some orchestras started to take things just a tad higher to make the music sound more exciting. That's why we have 440 now (and about 442 for Europe.)

Sound engineerfag/Singfag here, and can say that singing in 432 is way more comfortable.

Also< Tesla wanted to transmit elec FQ (60htz) at a more biological FQ

Check out Cymatics (start @ 2:10) shit is nutz!

It's funny that these fags worry about a little % of tonal variation, when they are playing their music digitally, a generation method that strips the music of any real waveforms and replaces them with quantized simulation.

I remember our old piano was tuned at 435Hz, way more stable than 440Hz. Only needed to be tuned once a year instead of twice a year.

Oh shit.
Someone needs to make a new rule like Godwin's rule but for Tesla.
Distribution frequency is set by the speed the generators turn at.

I can't be the only one seeing it, right?

440Hz is clearly the frequency of jewry.

432 on the other hand looks like the sun, the giver of life. And you know what represents the sun? A swastika.

I remember my mother spilled some 432hz water on my wanger when she was bathing me as a baby.
Immediately the energized water empowered my rod, causing it to grow and sprout hairs.
It gave me a deep voice too.
My friends were bathed in 440hz water and their wangers were soft and weak.
432 all the way.

People wanting to hear minor Hz differences over youtube compression ¬¬

You can hear the the pitch difference, but the hertz are all over the place most of the time.

fucking hippies

Look into Saturn's pole if you want to shit your pants

do you understand how a transformer works ?

The pattern is determined by the vessel the water is contained in.
There's nothing special about 432 hz or 440 hz. Make th vessel slightly smaller and you will see the "sun" pattern at 440hz instead of 432.
It's entirely arbitrary.

Can anyone help me out?

I downloaded audacity but tons of options are blocked, including tons of effects like changing pitch.

They're just unclickable

Oh god, here we go.
Yes, I spent 2 years studying electrical engineering as a minor part of multidisciplinary technician training.
Go on and tell us more about how distribution frequency is NOT determined by the speed of rotation of the generator.
Please.
This should be hilarious.

Whatever you say shlomo. From now I'll only be listening to my music at a pure 432Hz, and drinking distilled rainwater vibrated at the same frequency.

JIDF detected, fuck off and take your 440 Hz with you.

Yes, and Tesla insisted on 60Hz, despite everyone begging him to make it 50.

While interesting, what the fuck does this have to do with Holla Forums?

are there not coils in a generator motor?

the jews

duh

Do you really not understand that the pattern is not fundamental but is influenced by the shape and size of the container?

Sounds like you've been spending too much time reading Judeo-mysticism sites like the ones Kyle Hunt ran before he decided to be a WN and run Renegade Radio.
archive.fo/wvEFg

Ok. It's 50 outside the USA.
Also AC isn't special, DC is actually more efficient.

A "generator motor"?
I'll assume you mean the generator armature windings, yes they are coils. What's your point?

Is JIDF running out of funding or something that they resort to hiring people like this?

More Jewish 'science'.

I bet you believe the Earth is round too, don't ya Chaim?

Refute what? I wrote information specifically explaining why the "432 is special" theory is wrong, and you responded with a slew of invective accusing me of being a Jew.
You've provided nothing to refute.

It does but it doesn't. The D/A conversion inside whatever device gives enough of an approximation to be virtually undetectable by human senses. A 24- or 32-bit D/A converter with an accuracy of ±½LSB is, by itself, far beyond the range of human hearing. Often, D/A converters will have a current output (as opposed to voltage), and that current will have to run through an op-amp circuit to get the actual variable voltage waveform. From there, it will go through audio filter circuits that, in the end, removes and smooths out the waveform further.

The fact that speakers themselves are still pure analog, electromechanical devices removes whatever remnants of the conversion process that remain.

That's not to say that audiophiles and sound professionals with trained ears can't tell the difference, but for the 99.999% of us that aren't those people, you won't perceive any noticeable difference between a quality FLAC rip played through a decent sound card and a quality set of speakers, and playing a record on a phonograph through an analog receiver and a tube amp.

It's all marketing hype to sell overpriced equipment to plebs that have no real use for it - same as the average le brave redditeur that posts on /r/diy who bought $2,500 worth of Dewalt tools to make his wife a spice rack in the garage.

Ditto

Your "how to win on Holla Forums" manual assures you that "accusing your target of being a Jew will instantly divert the conversation and force him on the defensive, causing you to win by default" but all it actually does it flag you as a shill.

If you want to learn why you're wrong, here is a good place to start.
physics.stackexchange.com/questions/44601/frequency-of-the-sound-when-blowing-in-a-bottle

What comic fam

I haven't looked into 432 vs. 440, but I can see why 432 might be more appealing. Higher A tones are crisper and brighter (and thus easier to record,) while a lower one tends to be more mellow. It's worth noting that the A tone has been steadily creeping up over the past few centuries. The French had a law setting it at A435 in the 19th century, but In the modern world of classical music, 440 is the standard with some orchestras now tuning up to 442 and a few even going to 445. Meanwhile, most "authentic" Baroque ensembles nowadays tend to tune to A415, which is low enough to sound like A flat to our ears. It's fun to try tuning a Mozart piece to A415 to get a sense of what it probably sounded like to Mozart himself.

Right, but these guys aren't primarily concerned with the difference in perceived quality, rather some magical/supernatural effect caused by waves transmitted at the special magic frequency.
So they are worried about precise frequency but not about precise sine wave. Just seems like missing the wood for the trees.
I agree with your point in most applications the difference is barely noticeable although 16 bit audio with low sample rates is still very common and you don't need to have crystal hearing or a degree in acoustics to hear the difference.
They're willing to pay for the reasons you state, also to signal social status.
I had an argument with a cooking enthusiast, over his 400 Euro knife, he explained to me how the price is "well worth paying" and that a 400 Euro knife just performs so much better.
This is nonsense of course, the price is meant to make it a centrepiece or status symbol in your open plan kitchen.
Once you have decent blade geometry, good quality steel and quality workmanship in assembly, anything more is just for show. You can get a perfectly good knife for a 10th of that price, that will last just as long, cut just as well and hold its edge the same.
This applies to everything, including your audio equipment.
Someone with skill understands that most of the difference is skill-based, it's in your head and your motor skills. The tool quality is the final thing to consider, and the least relevant.
He without skill hopes that the tool will do the job for him.
Anyway, seems to be drifting off topic here.

You're too easy to wind up fam. Stop taking my obviously dumb bait.

I feel bad about my posts because I usually disdain people who do that but it was just too tempting this time.

I can't for the life of me remember its name, sorry bro. I thought I had it saved but it's not in my comics folder. Maybe take it to Holla Forums and ask them.

Sorry to disappoint you but I am far from "wound up."
I was raised to, and still follow the rule, that it is basic courtesy to reply when spoken to and to give someone the benefit of the doubt.
You feel ashamed for wasting my time, as you rightly should.

Yes, because 50 is easier to do.

That's a bullshit statement if I ever heard one. If you are referring to RMS voltage? That's not efficiency. Are you referring to use in a power grid? Again, you are wrong. With DC, you can't use transformers, so power must be transmitted at the voltage it will be used at. Usable voltages are pretty low, such as the 120v our current power grid uses. The loss of electricity in a wire, called the 'copper loss' is equal to (I^2)R. This means at lower voltages, a lot of current is needed to transmit appreciable power, and these losses increase with the square of the current. Sometimes people that live off grid wire their houses for 12v DC. They have to use massive wires to keep resistance down, so that they don't waste their electricity on heating their wiring.

AC allows the use of transformers. Since you supposedly know how transformers work, the reason should be obvious. Voltages can be stepped up, so that current will be very small. This means the electricity can be sent over long thin wires with only minor losses. Then, when the circuit reaches the location where the power is to be used, it is stepped down to a more manageable voltage.

Edison liked DC. He had to use heavy cables, and had power stations set up every couple of miles because so much energy was being wasted by his insistence on DC. Tesla lit the world's fair with only one station.

(Checked)
real noice.

So all my Vinyl Records are at 440 & there's no way for me to play then at 432 unless I do it manually through audacity or something? Well that sucks.

Explain how it's easier, show that you aren't just parroting Teslaprop.
You ask a question seemingly unrelated to anything I wrote, then triumphantly answer it yourself. What the fuck are you babbling about? No one mentioned RMS.

Jesus fucking christ. Get off the Tesla sites with 100 year out of date info and open a modern electrical engineering periodical.

WHICH IS THE ONLY REASON IT WAS CHOSEN OVER DC.
It is NOT fundamentally more efficient, it was the only choice due to TECHNICAL LIMITATIONS OF THE TIME.
AC was a necessary evil.
AC is being phased out in the most modern developments.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-voltage_direct_current
www.engineerlive.com/content/21559
www.scientificamerican.com/article/edisons-revenge-will-direct-current-make-a-comeback-in-us/

tl;dr AC is not more efficient than DC, it is used due to technical limitations. Limitations which are being overcome.

You did import an MP3 first, right? You may need to select a portion or the whole song (Ctrl+A), too.

Come back after a massive double blind study with thousands of test subjects and hundreds of songs.

Have fun.

just set your turntable to 32 8/11 rpm.

Reported.

Gotta love Holla Forums, though. I expected to be told that this is bullshit and called a faggot and thread done in 2-3 posts.

Instead, people are making well-read posts about engineering. :)

Neither is 'fundamentally more efficient' you fucking retard. Electricity is electricity.

The way you deny fundamental physical laws, you sound like a flat earther.

Here we see the Teslatard in full breakdown mode.
His claims answered with a page of information and links, his answer "r…retard."
They are completely different waveforms with different characteristics.
DC does not bleed power due to induction and capacitance, which makes it more… what's the word again?

Yes, DC is fundamentally more efficient because DC doesn't have parasitic losses due to induction.

Don't get me wrong, Tesla is a great example of German education and engineering but it's time to bring your knowledge up to date.

I know nothing about music or sound but the 432 tone definitely feels more soothing and pleasant.

Please stop, you aren't fooling anyone.

Capacitance does not require AC, and while induction is an AC phenomenon, a magnetic field is produced by both fields. The alternating magnetic fields of AC actually average themselves out, resulting in a low amount of heat loss. The magnetic fields produced by DC require having both cables right next to each other in an attempt to cancel each other other. Of course this takes massive insulators in high voltage situations. Add in the fact that DC has more voltage drop, and your conductors end up being huge too.

Huge conductors, Huge insulators. High thermal losses. You are smoking something to think DC is more efficient.

This is >>>/x/ tier garbage, what the fuck does this have to do with politics? Why is it here?

You'd best start believing in Magick threads. You're in one.

What the fuck does this have to do with politics lmao

You're pulling your words out of your arse I'm afraid.
Utter horse shit.
Tripe.
Tripe.
Distribution wires aren't insulated.
Teslatard myth.
It is AC that requires thicker conductors, DC conductors can be much thinner, one of the reasons it is a better choice for long-range distribution. DC also requires only 2 conductors.
False, lies, teslatard bullshit. AC requires conductors with a thicker cross-section due to skin effect.

"There are three main factors at work that make DC power transmission more efficient."
electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/32177/how-does-dc-transmission-require-several-times-less-wire-than-ac
Fiction.
The magnetic field around DC distribution lies does not vary like an AC field. Induced currents only occur in a changing magnetic field. This is why AC distribution has much higher losses due to inductance.
Yes, I'm "smoking" information that isn't 100 years out of date.
Don't bother replying, it's obvious that you're a Tesla groupie who is not open to having his views challenged by inconvenient reality.
Ignorance is forgiveable, clinging to incorrect beliefs because of a misplaced devotion to a cult figure is not.

this is very much politics

just 1600s politics

the guys who built the old churches and organs were fucking geniuses

modern music is full jew corrupted

432hz all the way, 9s to save the day

Someday you will become one of us and you will understand everything.

Add in the fact that DC has more voltage drop

fuck off, DC does have more volage drop than AC

do u even know what drop is caused by? why we transmit in AC only over longer distances?

Have you not taken any physics classes?
R = (rho*l)/A
You need a huge conductor to reduce the resistance of a wire in DC. In fact, it's precisely because of the skin effect that overhead power lines can use thinner cables. By the way, DC still creates magnetic fields. Refer to Ampere's law.

You must just be trying to be a contrarian or something, because I've never seen such massive autism in a post before. There's a reason why power is distributed over AC instead of DC. It's not some "teslatard" conspiracy, it's just more efficient.

I don't know how its politics, but how is this /x/? What the fuck?

The Jews are all about symbology. Furthermore, since music elicits emotional responses and can cause a person to think in certain moods or ways, I think there's something to this theory.

I enjoy meme magick as much as the next guy but this still doesn't go on Holla Forums.

Yup. Thanks for the info. HVDC sounds awesome.

There is one thing, my original point, before we got off on this tangent, was that Tesla demanded 60Hz. Feel free to look it up.

Just listening to a few rock tracks on youtube and I can tell they sound and feel different, though I am not sure they are always better.

Sorry, I spent 5 seconds not being retarded, read your post, and looked shit up. You are actually right. Sorry for my autism.

The real reason we use AC is because it's easier to step up the voltage, since one can use transformers.

Are all well connected here?

The last time I was thinking on which catch phrase should be good to wake Europe up, came with MEGA up. Nothing special, but the same day I thought about it suddenly a Thread about Make Europe Great Again.

For a couple of days I have been thinking about the Golden Ration and the 432Hz tunning, decided to try and tune my guitar by ear just by letting it sound good to me. Compared it to the 432 tunning and was really close.
Hop into Holla Forums and suddenly there is a Thread about the tunning.

stop getting inside my mind fuckers, that shit is private.

First thing I noticed.

Most everything you say is retarded, but I'll take the time to point out that AC doesn't require 3 wires to transmit.

The reason AC is transmitted over 3 wires is for efficiency, and industrial standards. Almost every residential home only has single phase power going to it. That only requires 2 wires (If all you have is 120v). 3 phase power is more efficient because the average power can never be instantaneously 0. Industry demands 3 phase because it's a hell of a lot cheaper to run 3 phase motors than single phase ones. And 3 phase motors don't require centrifugal switches or starting coils, which saves on capital costs and maintenance.

It also allows superior distribution of power. You can divide homes into 3 different groups, each using a separate phase of the wye connection. Now in reality, at least in the US, you end up getting 3 wires for your home because we demand 120 and 240. Make no mistake, you would have to have more wires in DC as well if you wanted two different voltage supplies.

LIES, WRONG

DC has terrible losses over distance which could only be negatted by HUGE conductors (we have a problem) with (((you)))

The real reason is that AC can transmit at HV more efficiently using low gauge cheap aluminum wires.

Physical is what you touch, spiritual is what you believe, thus think. It is naive to think that your physical manifestation has nothing to do with your thoughts, beliefs.

Can you use a Resampler to change regular songs?

thanks breh

Sounds like a placebo effect.

This is "listen to this song backwards to hear (((SATAN))) SPEAKING" tier.

And the flat earth shill appears. Fuck this thread.

Or is it because the rest of the world sucks? Is it a (((coincidence))) those other countries also use the jewtrick system instead of imperial measurements?

Go back to reddit you illiterate faggot.

I will. I gotta switch to another partition so may take a lil before I feel like doing it.

That doesnt work 100% for every song. I found when I was doing it that some songs come up as being tuned to 440 on F# for some reason. so you have to adjust the cents down to A and then there were some that were adjusted to some wacky numbers like 560 iirc

What you said should work for many songs but not all.

No, sorry. That other guy is actually correct. Refer to ohm's law: V = IR. Power loss = (I^2)R.

Basically, you want to maximize voltage and minimize current to minimize power loss. If you manage to create high voltage DC, then it's better than high voltage AC because you dont have to deal with eddy currents, parasitic losses, etc.

The reason why DC had terrible losses in the 1800s is because they didn't have any feasible way to create HVDC, also Edison was a retard. Therefore, because the DC current had a higher current (I), there was more power loss.

Additionally, the skin effect in AC means that there is essentially less cross-sectional area through which the current can travel (also I think the current even travels around the wire at super high frequencies making it ridiculously inefficient). Since R = (rho*l)/A, this would lead to increased resistance.

The real question is how can we make HVDC? Run the current through a transformer and then a huge ass rectifier for transmission?

use audacity it is the best program for making the adjustment without fucking up the notes or slowing the song down. You could do it in any program but it would take several steps whereas audacity is optomized for it and free.

Everything in nature vibrates at 432 or a golden ratio number of it. Historically all instruments were tuned to A 432 in every northern hemisphere culture. This didnt change until after the kikes victory in ww2. Flat earth is bullshit but kike science flies directly in the face of nature. The next two points I dont disagree with you on.

For your last point. Both sides of this argument tend to get ridiculous. Music played at 432 isnt some magic tier shit. Those who both support it and deride it as such are off base. The entire notion behind this is 432 is a 'natural frequency' which cultures throughout history have all, some even without external input on the matter, arrived at the decision to tune A3 to 432. Where the argument runs astray is about this being a magic frequency, it is not.. It is merely a natural one which in theory should be more soothing to your brain. The other part of it is that by switching to A3=440 they shift every note 8% of one note upward. Which detunes the note out of harmonics just enough to, once again in theory, affect the brains ability to function slightly. A non musician wouldnt really notice the difference between the sounds of 440 and 432 unless told "hey this song is in 432 thats pretty fucking neato isnt it?"

btw op, incase you didnt notice shills really dont like this topic.

It is true. A was much lower back in the day. Great pianists usually customize or play around the tones of their piano. I think they even had tuning bars or whatever to adjust on the fly. Some retards don't have ears though, so they'll never know the joys of custom tuned songs.

I suspect illuminati set the standard at 440 for plebs. They can't have you enjoying your own creativity. What kind of place would the world be if you could enjoy the sound of a single note? Or if a simple scale moved you?

Music is a Jew distraction
Electricity is a Jew distraction
Spirituality is a Jew distraction
This thread is a Jew distraction

432Hz does sound better, true. Way more pleasant to my ears, to be honest. But pitchshifting your music down 8hz is complete bullshit. All you are doing is further (more on that at the end) destructing your music's intonation. /x/-tier garbage.

Here's the thing. When you tune A to 440hz, the A one octave higher is at 880hz, then at 1760hz and so on. For 423, it should be 864 then the double of that and on and on. I'll let you guess what happens when you pitch shift 8hz down. Not spiritual enlightenment, I tell you that much.

And there's also another matter. The music you most likely listen to, is not actually tuned to 440hz. See there's this thing called 12-tone equal temperament. Read up on how it's not true temperament, like pic related.

This is why your meme looks autistic.

Breathing is a jew distraction, Chaim. You better stop that.

a lot of the songs ive done it on sound more "full" afterwards. But you are right there were a lot of songs where it just didnt work

The race to a higher pitched A was halted because the higher it becomes the fewer you get lesser and lesser vocalists that can reach that high.

There is no conspiracy. Furthermore, when you present people with a false dichotomy they don't actually have a real choice/preference. You're just datamining to confirm your own bias.

if you hate it so much why dont you just fuck off to another thread? Instead of sperging out about how retarded you think it is why not try listening to only shit in 432 for a day? You sound like the faggots that call the idea of taking cold showers forcing your body to release feel good hormones which couple with sunlight and good diet result in defeating depression retarded and yet never tried it and remain depressive antisocial spergs.

^this a 100000x

I don't give a shit about dogs like you. Go play at 440hz for the rest of your lives. Forget about what lies between.

Jesus christ you people are autistic. Literally arguing over whether one frequency for A is better than another, on fucking Holla Forums no less. When did this become Holla Forums? Fuck off to cuckchan, cucks.

Oh good, this thread was anchored. See you fags later.

Alright, time to bust some more bullshit.

It's not enough that you do some bullshit processing on your audio, you butcher it even further by running it through a second pass of mp3 encoding. [email protected]/* */ encoded from a lossless source is fine. Any MP3 encoded from another MP3 source, and you should kill yourself. That shit should be audibly distorted to even untrained ears.

That's what should have happened.

Digital audio is alright. Actually, there is no such thing as digital audio. It's just a sequence of 0s and 1s stored in a file. It's not audio, you can't listen to it. Sound is inherently analogue. Nyquist's law means that, theoritically speaking, you can perfectly replicate the originally sampled analogue audio from the digital format. In practice, the quality of the A/D, D/A converters, and possibly some other stuff can make a difference however. This user probably knows more about these matters than me, listen to him:

Placebo, no two ways about it.

good thing

Here have some reading on general audiophile faggotry and why it's bullshit:
people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Myths_(Vinyl)

Sure thing, dumbfuck.

What a fucking faggot. Kill yourself Jew for being a retard.

Power loss can be translated to this as well
P = (V^2)/R
Here is the whole thing
P = VI = (I^2)R = (V^2)/R

Though I have no clue what material we use for wires, hope it is an ohmic material.

Meaning need more explanation or context.

Here is some harder evidence for what you've experienced. Headphones respond very differently to different frequencies. No doubt mind and anatomy also determine what is experienced. In this frequency response graph are my piano headphones vs. Beats by Dre.

graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=3591&graphID[]=1443&scale=30

Also graph building link in case you are curious. I thought it'd be a normal graph earlier.

graphs.headphone.com/

Nice ad hominem, Rabbi. Clearly you know nothing of the history of the A note. Riddle me this: why not some arbitrary number above 440Hz?

Yes except V in that equation is voltage drop, not total voltage. Basically the beginning voltage minus the final voltage.

Metallic materials are generally ohmic so you can probably assume that if we're talking about transmission lines.

God dammit I forgot to sage this shit

bump need to read this and i've always been interested about this. read stuff on gearslutz a long time ago.