The Amazing Spider-Dad Renew Your Vows

I story timed the first issue but never kept up so here we go again

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1

I remember someone storytimed the new issues here. Did it continue after issue 3?

I story Timed the secret wars issues and the first issue of V2 just going to do all the secret wars one if someone has not read em yet and post all the 5 issues of the second series.

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #2

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #3

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #4

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #5

Ill post the new series in 30 till then grab a snack and relax.

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1

Thanks fam.

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #2

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #3

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #4

lol, what a shit series

the writing is sort of taking a nose dive here.

wew

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #5

Thats all till next week when we get X-Men in the mix, I thought the first series was pretty good even though Slott wrote it and the second series is a mixed bag, but personally I still like it, hoping it will get better though and it will be nice to see not fucking retarded versions of the X-Men and maybe other parts of the marvel universe later down the line.

Here are some Upcoming covers. Dont know how to feel about the third one.

This is the only Marvel series I actually care about.

I think the second one is just there to look cool. I've noticed they had alternate covers that had nothing to do with the story but were just cool for the sake of it.

Well here is the advertisement blurb

Mary Jane Watson-Parker has been saving the day as Spinneret, but at the cost of some of her husband's powers. So she's going to try something new…That's right, MARY JANE VENOM. It's on!

Oh shit. Well I'll give them a shot to see how that plays out.

Thanks for storytiming OP.

I hope it will the guy that wrote carnage wrote this. I have only read the first 6 issues but I heard right at the end it got real dumb

This series is really cooleo so far, but it's kind of jarring how the follow up after Regent is defeated kind of ditches the whole aesthetic they had with the flying cars and future shit. Despite that, I feel like Spider-Dad is a great natural evolution of the character and having them live in a world where most superheroes are dead really helps the suspension of disbelief that usually falls apart. I had given up on Spider-man being good again but now I think I'll grab the trades of this series.

This is where I am at, also I think most of the heroes dead is going to be reconnected.

After reading shit like Moongirl, and Champions, and America… Dear, sweet, loving, merciful Kek was this good. This was fun and exciting and interesting, and I wish we could have more comics like this.

Also, Spider-Mom makes my dick diamonds.

I'll completely agree. They feel like completely different series. It's hard to believe they are even in the same continuity.

I think Gerry Conway outright said on twitter at one point that they're not in the same continuity. They're very similar, but Regent was stopped before he could kill off most of the superhero population and take over the world in the backstory to the full series.

Sounds like bullshit.

Not exactly Literally Hitler, but close enough.
I don't think demagoguery is for him.

They're entirely different continuities. Conway even said that Brock isn't dead in his series.

That's fucking stupid.

C U C K

How so?

That's kind of annoying. Honestly if they were gonna go that route I'd rather them not reference regent at all and have it be a reboot.

Makes the first book pointless if it didn't really happen in the new books continuity.

To my surprise this was Slott's best work in a long time and actually pretty good.

Yeah and? You know what a 'pilot' is, right?

Fuck right off.

Nice response but it was clearly a "test run" to see if Spidy and MJ sold well which anyone with a brain would reply yes too, but in all their infinite wisdom they wrote it like its own little series and did not think it would be a success like it was, thus a reboot more or less.

Looking at this image makes me feel like the last few years of Marvel faggotry never happened….

what the fuck is going on in the second picture?
a deflated spiderman watches as he's getting spidercucked?

He took off his mask and gloves then hung em on the side of the couch. Are you retarded?

Also, King Cuck Dan Slott killed off Eddie, so they had to change that.

that's cute

This shits fucking good
makes me want to buy it now

Annie is actually pretty great dont know about MJ in this series tho.

I feel like there is a good shoop I could make with that second pic for a banner

Why would Spider-man go to his own house with his costume on? Villains would know where he lives!

You're the retard here, my explanation is better.

You are getting pretty autistic over a variant cover my dude.

But how do they explain Regent then? In this story he appears to be defeated and Oscorp is swooping up the scraps for nefarious purposes.

So, turns out that questions about Regent and the canonicity of the initial Secret Wars tie-in get answered in the letters page this week.

If OP doesn't start storytiming this week's issue by the time I'm through downloading it, I'll put it up myself.

And OP still hasn't come through, so without further ado…

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #6

So… Wolverine is married and has a daughter in this universe.

I'm a bit conflicted about this development.

And finally, that letters page I mentioned.

Turns out, that first mini-series was canon and most of the superheroes Regent captured and was draining powers from were actually still alive by the end of it.

Man.. it's not that these comics aren't fun and good, but you can feel the desperation dripping from every page.

I told y'all! But that's kinda stupid too. Not unreasonable but kinda stupid. Regent would have no reason to keep anyone alive after taking their powers.

Read the comics again. He didn't TAKE their powers. He siphoned them off their barely-living bodies. He explained it as having a certain number of charges or uses per power.

The technology he used to pull that off was modified by Peter to allow Mary Jane to partially siphon his powers so she could be Spider-Milf.

Oooohhhh. Okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Did Power Pack ever show up again?

My nap ended up taking quite a bit longer than I thought it would…

No

Thanks for this issue man. i'm really liking this.

There has to be some deep meta in that…

MJ being shoehorned into fighting crime is kinda wonky. There's nothing wrong with have her just be a badassly supportive of her husband and daughter fighting crime together.

I'm not, this is the cutest fucking shit ever.
BABIES EVER AFTER FOR ALL THE SUPERHEROES.

However it seems a bit out of character for professor to not only communicate using mainly telepathy, but to also be reading their minds constantly.

If I remember correctly, comic executives feared babies and mentioning time/year as to not age their characters. Doing so kills any potential for the heroes to face a new challenge, parenting. Shit like that is something nearly every person in the world can relate too.

That makes sense, but I don't have to like it. I wish comic companies would just have blocks of time where they just reset the universe every 20 years and let a fresh back of recruits do whatever they want.

Lol, I remember in The Last Avengers Story, Spider-Man doesn't show up for the final battle, because "his wife won't let him".

Elaborate

What I mean is you can tell the story was written this way, with wide sweeping retcons and classic costumes strictly because Marvel has been in a nosedive for the past 5-10 years. They've been making huge changes to their iconic characters and building a new continuity where every character has either been replaced or rebooted due to continuity implosions.

A comic about Spidey being Spidey and hanging out with the X-Men being the X-Men, and Magneto being all… Magneto-y.. This is not the kind of comic that Marvel has made in a LONG fucking time. It shows that they are desperate to recapture their core audience.

Oh no. I want this too, for their descendants to appear. To be more specific I want all these aging heroes to be the thing that calls to all people of that age, to raise children. To raise their oen kids. What we do end uo getting is this half baked kids who are near adults because they were growing up in the background or something. Not that many people can relate to that nor do they usually want to. I wanna see wolverine and spidey saying lines like, when I was that age" and seeing their kids grow up and the old heroes grow old, naturally grow old. Than comic readers would see their own kids in the hero kids, etc. Western comics are at this stand still in life progression, almost making their creatuons immortal, thus not that interesting since they do not face natural aging.

I've suggested this before, but if you did a Superman/Batman: Generations riff with the Marvel universe, and set all the comics at the time they were created, when would you set the various "future" versions we've seen? Like, if the X-Men started in the 60's, like First Class, would Old Man Logan be, what, the 80's? And The Last Avengers Story? And the various The End stories?
I mean, we're pretty close to Iron Man 2020 now, and we're already past Deathlok and Vance Astro's dystopian 1980's…
How many other flash-forwards have we seen? Days Of Future Past? Iron Man Crash? The original Guardian Of The Galaxy? Cable's future? Bishop's future? 2099? That one Iron Man story where he and Doom visited the future and fought a future Iron Man wearing the 2020 armour?

Oh I just find delightful they went the "Lets eliminate one of the Marvel Universe's most profitable fuckups and let the characters grow from there" route.

Would also explain why Petey is married and his identity is a secret – no reveal means no dead Aunt May means no One More Day.

But didnt Regent drain up all the Xmen though?

The Secret Wars tie in is not 100% canon.

Mary Jane literally is wearing a suit made of Regentness so she can have spider-powers.

Yeah its still not 100% canon, Regent was stop before he killed the avengers in this continuity.

So, "The Minisseries happened but it wasnt as bad as the series showed"?
I'm going to be seriously disappointed when Eddie Brock turns out to be alive.

Not if, when.

He was confirmed not dead and he will show up probably in issue 8.

I find it funny that the PR of Marvel mentions how profitable Renew Your Vows is and still says men do not want women in comics. As if more than half the cast of RYV isn't female.
Also that healthy dessert scene was fucking brilliant.

Is this an in going issue or was it a short mini series? Cause this series alone is all I ask for from Marvel. Old heroes raising their kids.

A short minisseries followed by an ongoing series, both here in this thread for your convenience.

Wait. After reading all this. What happened during Secret Wars? Hell where was Spider-verse in all this? Is this universe actually pure from Marvels internal bullshit?

Spiderverse wasn't part of secret was. To explain what happened. The original secret wars happened in the 80's I think to promote a toy line. As a result Marvel keeps doing event titles named Secret Wars. The most recent one is about the universe collapsing in on itself so the Illuminati (Reed Richards, Charles Xavier, Black Panther, Namor and Beast) try to prevent their world from getting destroyed by destroying other worlds. It fails and the inevitable destruction of Earth happens. Luckily Dr. Doom uses Molecule Man's powers to reshape a new earth made from the pieces of different earths from alternate universes to create Doomworld. Reed and some other heroes create a lifeboat to escape. Reed finds out Doom rules Doomworld and it's comprised of other earths from alternate dimensions. Doomworld is the only world in existence at this time. And Doom cucks Reed out of his family. Reed gets pissed and tries to start a revolution to stop Doom and tries to rally his troops with Black Panther. Dr. Strange who is Doom's right hand man gets killed by Doom when Strange tries to help Reed. It leads to some big battle with Black Panther using the infinity gauntlet and Peter Parker and Miles Morales liberating Molecule Man from his prison that powers Doom World. The explosion creates the current state of Marvel that is "All New All Different Marvel" Reed and his family fuck off to outer space to create new alternate universes and Ben Grimm and the Human Torch get left behind.
TLDR; the multiverse collapses in on itself creating a new universe which is a clusterfuck.

What the fuck did I just read

The clusterfuck that was Secret Wars.

Holy shit. Sounds like the Illuminati graduated from normal supervillain evil to Galactus-tier, Phoenix Force-level evil. And fucked it up. Also sounds like Reed Richards is an even bigger dick than usual.

No, I mean why was this Renew your vows universe not effected by Spiderverse arc. No spider vampires here. Is this universe post spiderverse?

I repeat from

Best I remember from a past thread. Vampires that fed off spider-men of the multi-verse. Killed off like 90% of the spider multiverse. Kills included spiderman and his amazing friends as well as spiderman from Capcom figjting game. Why? Because…reasons and some bullshit.
By why wasn't this RYV universe not effected by spiderverse

You guessed right in . This universe came into being during Secret Wars, which was about a year after Slott's shitty crossover edge-fest.

The X-Men back in their awesome 90's costumes? Neat!

Were they purposefully trying to ruin such a cool idea?

Oh if that's what you're asking then yes this universe is post spiderverse. Summed it up pretty well.

Why Marvel? You almost had best female Spider-Man design.

I thought those leotard workout clothes were from the 80's?

What is this? I actually enjoyed this! I don't trust enjoying something Marvel made.

Spinnerettes outfit looks like a leotard. But her "shorts?" clashes with the oitfit.

I can see that now.

Bump

Easily the most underappreciated pic in this whole thread
Will we see hope again anons?

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #7

MJ takes them both out in one panel? What a shitty conclusion!

Thanks for uploading them though. Generally, I've been enjoying this new spiderman comic.

I could maybe buy it if Peter had come up with the plan of 'we'll keep Magneto distracted, MJ you take out Emma', but right now it feels like they're trying way too hard to establish MJ as a credible partner to Spider-Man. She's coming across like early Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano. Though it doesn't help that the entire issue felt pretty rushed.

Hopefully it's a trend that won't continue in future issues, though I won't hold out too much hope, because next issue is MJ becoming Venom.

Norman is still alive?

Thanks for the new issue dude.

Nope, Liz was referring to her son, Norman Osborn the second, named after his paternal grandfather.

Little Normie Jr is apparently some sort of child super genius.

ah ok then.

I cant be the only one that hates annies costume right?

Well, nataS, I like it very much. Mostly because it fits the theme of her being a child and this is what she would've looked like if this was a film made in early 90's.

Wow, a spider-man comic that doesn't suck? It's been quite a few years I must say.

Is this in its own continuity?

I also dislike her costume greatly.

Yes