/dcrg/ #21: Smug Kent edition

Old rebirth thread has 404'd due to the recent outage.

Discuss DC rebirth and Damian cross-dressing fantasies.

Previous Threads (Excluding #20):

web.archive.org/web/20160801045430/http://8ch.net/co/res/624592.html

web.archive.org/web/20160801045522/http://8ch.net/co/res/631058.html

web.archive.org/web/20160825054636/http://8ch.net/co/res/649334.html

web.archive.org/web/20160921191516/http://8ch.net/co/res/669793.html

archive.is/67fQk

archive.is/BCVYq

archive.is/KvN6u

archive.is/p21Vb

archive.is/yDeQo

archive.is/e7PEl

archive.is/wfylo

archive.is/wXpub

archive.is/wqnVZ

web.archive.org/web/20170104015625/http://8ch.net/co/res/750078.html

web.archive.org/web/20170113035808/http://8ch.net/co/res/755263.html

web.archive.org/web/20170125091403/http://8ch.net/co/res/768084.html

web.archive.org/web/20170201134806/http://8ch.net/co/res/773639.html

web.archive.org/web/20170215043559/http://8ch.net/co/res/778825.html

web.archive.org/web/20170228223629/http://8ch.net/co/res/789458.html

web.archive.org/web/20170322053731/http://8ch.net/co/res/799863.html

Back Issues:

mega.nz/#F!jVlSRJqR!pVUuubDLj5U

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!jVlSRJqR!pVUuubDLj5Uugo9oFLFr5A
parahumans.wordpress.com/
web.archive.org/web/20170408054059/http://8ch.net/co/res/815998.html
archive.is/V7XL5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Discuss DC rebirth and Damian cross-dressing fantasies.
:)

Thanks for updating the MEGA, been trying to get some jaded guys into reading this slightly better stuff from DC.

MEGA link is broken. Needs a decryption key, which usually means you've cut off a letter at the end of the link and it thinks you're looking for a different folder.

Damian should make his own batsuit but it ends up coming out extremely feminine.

mega.nz/#F!jVlSRJqR!pVUuubDLj5Uugo9oFLFr5A

Found it.

(Checking those squared 4's)

Cheers user.

Thread #20 is working again

It's getting there in length, so we should stick to this one

Well these are kinda lame. Too "realistic" looking.

Thanks for posting today's wretched reason for me to live.

Robin looks like he has no neck.

Jon looks traumatized.

Where is the next supersons?????

????

The fact that there is a Super Sons toy is pretty cool but and are right, wish it looked better.

Would be cool if we got a Statue of pic related tho.

It will be here on the 19th

No prob

Action Comics #977

C'mon now.

WE WUZ KRYPTONIANS N SHEIT

Detective Comics #954

The Flash #20

Way to make her a massive mary sue.

Oh come the fuck on why reveal it like that

Wonder Woman #18

opps mean 20

EVERYONE IS BLACKHOLE

See people say "DC has learned their lesson with Rebirth, they're good now!" but then they keep making the same goddamn mistakes

Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps #18

Titans #10

New Super-Man #10

Goddamn Superchink keeps finding innovative ways to suck

you got to love Chinese-bootleg Supermanā€¦

So I haven't read any of these.
How is rebirth compared to the previous gens?

Red Hood and the Outlaws #9

Rebirth as a whole is a mixed bag but there are a few really good series that are 100% worth reading imo, Superman is the one that has received almost universal praise here.

Best of the post-52, but still mediocre with some gems though.

Better than New 52. Still not amazing.

That's straight up just an Iron Man helmet.

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #9

Justice League of America #4

Super Powers #6

and thats all we got for now, I will upload Suicide Squad and Super Girl when its up.

Also I have no idea why I included Super Powers, I seriously hope no one actually read it.

Some things never change.

Plebs.

Into the trash it goes.

Suicide Squad #15

Whoever wrote this deserves to have their hands chopped off.

wow thats fucking awful, is this worse than Harley Quinn series though?

What the hell have you people been up to?

It never fucking ends, this bullshit. Why couldn't I have been born a newt with no conception whatsoever of comic books and how far they've fallen?

Just read the new Supergirl issue. I gotta admit, it's pretty comfy.

Supergirl #8

Just enough interesting twists keep happening in the story to keep me coming back each time it comes out, even in spite of its flaws.

The Harley Quinn series is about as awkward and unfunny, but significantly less hypocritical.

Damn, user, you were right, that was comfy. It's a pity that annoying black science kid is making a comeback next issue, though.

Only wholesome things I swear!

How am I supposed to feel when Justice League Action explains why the grappling rope is stupid.

I still cant over the shitty art.

It wont last long, they're bound to fuck something up or the CCP will.

Happy Easter Freindos have a good one

Those are adorable.

A user pretty much called a line from Super Sons verbatim

Superman #21

Super Sons #3

Batman #21

Green Arrow #21

thats really retarded. batman is powerful enough to ram a knife a few cm into concrete, and the evil flash is too slow to notice the attack?

Green Lanterns #21

Aquaman #21

Justice League #19

Nightwing #19

Deathstroke #17

I honestly can't fathom the kind of "fan" that would be hyped for this shit. It's fucking ludicrous.

Sorru boys need to go deal with some stuff

Can't wait to watch EVERY SINGLE DC HERO get exploded by the autistic/psychopathic Dr. Manhattan.

So I assume the lineup will be:

Are any of the DC characters actually alive at this point? I thought Ted Cord and Victor Sage were dead at this points, and Nathanial Adam is currently time-hopping or something.

Ted and Vic are dead in preflash point continuity but are alive in post, obviously as bastardiesed versions of them selves.

Goddamnit. I actually liked her character.

Dont think i am going to be able to finish the storytime tonight

Darj days are ahead

I can't help but wonder how many goons thought the situation of Krypton and Earth's global warming were in any way comparable.

Superman and Super Sons are just so much fun. Feels good. Jon and Damian make a good duo.
Thanks for uploading.

Things are in a bad way right now I dont know if I will be able to do this thread for the foreseeable futureā€¦ Its been a fun ride.

Wait? Simon Hurt is back?

Any chance of a storytime for the preceding issues of Chinese Knockoff Superman?

God speed, Cowboy. God speed.

If someone could post a list of this week's titles, I can finish the Storytime for you all. I'll do Deathstroke 17 for now.
From there, if no one posts a list, I'll just post whatever is in Nem's DC Week that isn't already here.
Download won't be done for around 20 minutes, so I'm going to make some breakfast and come back to do it.

Thank you Rebirthanon. You've done it for so long and made a lot of us happy.

Don't die on us, rebirth user.

Hope it all turns out well, Rebirthanon. You've become something of a fixture here, so we'd hate to lose you.

All Star Batman #9

Sooo, is Black Hole pretty much DC's less dorky-looking answer to AIM?

Okay, taking a break as some pesky "friends" of mine decided to come around for lunch with 15 minutes warning.

Rest of the comics from Nem's DC Week are:
Odyssey and Wild Storm will be skipped as well, as I don't recall them being in the previous storytimes.

There are comics like Action Comics which weren't in this DC Week, so if there's anything else missing, tell me and I'll find it.

Be back in a couple hours to finish off.

Superman came out this week so no action comics also yes they both were in last thread also thanks for picking it up for now my dude :)

Also I skipped vertigo things or things that started before rebirth

Ah, I wasn't paying attention to timestamps and forgot this is the 2nd week in this thread. Action Comics up the top was last week.
No problem. I enjoy storytiming, though admittedly it's not quite as fun with a smaller userbase to talk about the comics with.
Sounds like a plan.

Alright, starting up again.

Batwoman #2

Harley Quinn #18

Superwoman #9

Trinity #8

And that's this week of Rebirth.
I'll try to do my best to keep up with the next weeks.
We are missing the archive for thread #20, however.

I'll try to update the MEGA, though I'll have to start a new account since I don't have Rebirthanon's account, but that's no issue.

Aren't like two of this pre-Nu52 Supermen?

Also I dig the Kingdom Come Superman being there.

I can giva ya both my man

Here's a 10 minute mail: [emailĀ protected]/* */
Thanks for that.

Is Aquaman any good? I heard it was getting covered by one of /tg/'s darlings.

O-ho-ho! Did DC decide to co-opt the Manton Limit?

Manton Limit?

From the web novel Worm. Basically, the author made his superpowers harder to abuse by having the vast majority of powers' effects stop at the outside of a human's body - for example, a person with flame-based superpowers can't just set the air inside someone's lungs on fire.

That being said, you should try reading the first few chapters, it's basically what you'd get if HBO did a superhero show.

parahumans.wordpress.com/

I still believe that our only hope for a good Superman show comes from HBO, even if they are a bunch of filthy kikes.

The budget sizes they can get, and the actors who will work for them are usually 3x better than actors who work on daytime television.

Contessa did nothing wrong

I dont want to blog post too much but things are looking better now, dont know when I will be able to do the thread again maybe soon like a month idk, here is the archive of the last thread

web.archive.org/web/20170408054059/http://8ch.net/co/res/815998.html

Peace boys.

Bump for this week

Black Kryptonians would be OP. It'd be like they're sundipped all the time.

You don't know what melanin does, do you?

I wish I could post again :(

I'm not the guy who agreed to take over the DC Rebirth threads, but I'm downloading this week's issues now. If somebody else could handle making a new thread, I'll put them up when I've got them all.

ā€¦Or, now that I think about it, it's probably better to max out this thread first. Anyway, this week on DC Rebirth:

And without further ado, let's kick things off with
Action Comics #978

Thanks user, you're a boss

Oh shit Mike Allred's got a new project?!
Wait, is this just him helping prop up his kid's OC? Oh fuck it, can't be worse than Slott's Silver Surfer.

In these four panels is where history diverged with Rebirth, in case anyone is wondering.

Well, shit. My computer seems to be fucking up a little at the moment. Here's the final page.

Batgirl #10

Mr. Oz is clearly Ozymandias from Watchmen

Batman Beyond #7

Well that was garbage, but better than their regular shit.

"Typical woman and daddy issues" how is that typical?

At least they are working the Dick and Babs angle again.

Batman/The Shadow #1

Awwwā€¦yisss. Come on, DCā€¦Superman/Doc Savage next?>>843024

I know Dynamite recently put out a book titled The Shadow Over Innsmouth that's basically the Shadow taking on Lovecraftian horror-type stuff. Sounds like something worth checking out and possibly storytiming if it's any good.

Already read that It's not the Shadow vs Dagon, unfortunately but at least it ends with H.P Lovecraft getting his inspiration

Blue Beetle #8

Been reading the Shadow stuff, just like to point out that the Shadow is Kent Allard. Lamont Cranston is either a made up identity that Kent made, is actually a real person but traded places with Kent..or a bastard that Kent killed at Shamballa.

Detective Comics #955

Doom Patrol #6

The Flash #21

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #19

The Hellblazer #9

Justice League of America #5

The trophy room thing doesn't make sense. Why is Ted's Bug and the Rocket Red armor in the Watchtower, especially since the pre-Flashpoint JLI doesn't exist in the timelineā€¦unless Superman Reborn is affecting every books too?

Kamandi Challenge #4

Ted and Jaime were working on the Bug in one of the issues post-Convergence pre-Rebirth, presumably he was brought back after Convergence. When does the Blue Beetle rebirth start? That'll tell you.

According to the Blue Beetle book, Ted had a brief stint as a superhero before a heart attack forced him to retire. Presumably he donated his first bug to the Justice League and the one he's got in Blue Beetle is a new model. Or maybe the first one was stolen at some point and the JL confiscated it.

No clue about the Rocket Red armor, though.

Mother Panic #6

That first panel made her look like Getter Robo.

And just like that, I'm left wondering what this story would be like if it was written by Go Nagai.

Suicide Squad #16

What had science wrought?

Teen Titans #7

Oh great, they have General Zod in the squad. Dumbest move I had ever seen, with or without the kryptonite bomb.

Wonder Woman #21

And that's that for this week, anons. A bit underwhelming this time, though with some good moments here and there.

What the fuck is wrong with Aqualad's facial expressions?

I think the artist just didn't know how to appropriately convey the emotion the writer wanted him to be expressing. It's supposed to be the moment when everything clicks into place and Aqualad finally figures out what he was meant to do, but it just comes across as dull surprise.

All 3 of the panels with a close scene have the same blank look, and the page before that is even worse.

It's his eyes, mostly. They don't look right.

Why does Supes have the nu52 costume all of a sudden? What the hell happened in the new continuity that made him switch his costume twice, not counting the post-Convergence black suit?

If you take a gander at the Death and Reign of Superman part of the history, you noticed that there's only 3 of the Superman replacement: Eradicator, Henshaw and Steel. Conner is apparently wiped out from history.

Christ, this is CSI levels of hacking creativity.

Archive of the thread for next week.
archive.is/V7XL5

So what is the image cap?

I'm not sure we have one.

That said, it's still a better idea to make a new thread. This one's hit the bump limit. I'll do it myself if nobody else has gotten on it by the time I'm home from work.