CW shows

So Legends ended Season 2 yesterday. Discuss it.

For season 3 they're going to be making a non-standard addition to the crew. archive.is/oWqiJ Any guesses?

Flash having a non-speedster bad guy for Season 4 has been confirmed.

There's the Kapitalist Kouriers, Soviet super soldiers who use their powers to make money after the fall of communism. There's no real way to make them work nowdays without making them from an alternate Earth where the Cold War never ended.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/tv/news/no-tomorrow-frequency-canceled-the-cw-1202418863/
writersworkshop.warnerbros.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh, was that the finale? I thought they got extended to 18 episodes, not 17.
It was alright. The ending was pretty silly as Sara could of just, oh I don't know, made everything completely normal with the Spear, including removing those time quakes?
I wanted them to bullshit a way for Snart to live, as I don't see them being able to return Heatwave who is a pretty minor rogue without Captain Cold.

Before I get into my inane ramblings about shows I have lost so much interest for since loving them at the start, if anyone wants the list of magnets for past episodes for every show, just ask. I've got to update it for the past four or five episodes, but won't bother if no one wants it.

Eobard will get meme'd back into existence somehow on The Flash, as they can't let the main big bad go to waste on the spin-off show.

Cast shake up will be:
Nate and Amaya staying on for one more season. They both piss me off, but I think that 2 seasons for each rostered character is good enough.
White Canary being killed off or leaving around the 1/3rd mark. She's had her character development and needs to go back to Arrow or sent off to heaven Coast City.
Ray will be killed or go back early on. Routh seems to hate the creators more with each passing day. They really fucked him over on these shows, promising the world and giving him the comic relief character.
Firestorm will be kept as they've paying good shekels for Garber. I still want them to bring back Ronnie and ditch Jax, as Jax is annoying, especially when he acts like he knows tech despite being a car mechanic.
Heatwave and Cold will be meme'd back onto The Flash somehow, like "durr Captain Cold was teleported by the explosion to a random time", then Mick and he go back to Central City, bored of hero'ing. Rogues need to be formed, they keep saying they'll do it, and it's the only good choice they've got for big bad in S4. Only trouble is Hamill is such a good addition but Disney won't let him off their leash.
Rip will be kept off, thank God, but he'll cameo in one or two episodes, probably for the final 2 episodes of S3 with some sweet, sweet Deus Ex.

As for the new characters, they have a few to choose from with the other 2 shows, but none are good fits.
They could take some of the underused heroes from Arrow, AKA Ragman, but they won't as he is a CGI-heavy character and costs money.
They could take one of the speedsters from The Flash, but they won't as they will fuck it up monumentally in terms of power levels, and The Flash hasn't got many other good heroes. Vibe would be nice, but Carlos Valdes sucks on a team of 4 people in STAR Labs, he's only good when he's in 1 on 1 acting.

I doubt they'll go for the "waah i did bad things and gotta repent" like with Sara and Cold/Heatwave, so no villains.

That archive link specifies they are adding someone who wasn't created in the comics but in a film or show that isn't a CW show, so that could be interesting.
The only ones I can think of are the villain characters from the DCAU like Quinn and Livewire. Can't think of any hero characters that were created in shows and movies.
They won't use anyone from Supergirl because a) Supergirl characters are trash save for the male ones who get shafted at every opportunity and b) because they are really trying to keep the two worlds separate.

Oh, and why can I read that post you linked but the thread is 404'd? I thought Ron fixed that.

Sauce?

Give me a bit to search though old gossip sites to find it.
The gist was:
While I search for those news articles, have this video. Just look at his face every time he is on camera. He clearly doesn't care. He even mentions he wants to be best friends with Barry on The Flash instead of on LoT.

The world isn't fair

Monkey's Paw and the cruelty of life is a bad combo. For us.

Why doesn't he have his own show about hopping around the globe saving everyone with mainly science?

I liked this season a bunch better than season 1, so I've been hoping 3 will be good. But I'm a bit disappointed by a couple of things at the ending.
-Teasing us with more Captain Cold, and kicking him back off and permanently sentencing him to death after 3 episodes
-No watching Rip having to adjust to being a normal crew member
-We're stuck with Maya when I would rather have modern Vixen

Also for some reason Sara didn't think of a way to unfuck the timestream despite being the most concerned about it. That said I like the idea that she's the captain, as she's a pretty solid original character. It's nice watching them actually create something original rather than just stealing obscure heroes and villains every moment of the day.

Because The Atom isn't marketable. Least not as easily as Supergirl.

People would just see it as a shittier iron man/ant-man

To be fair, that's probably what it would be.

Then add power girl.

Fucking Berlanti teased they'd add her.
She's the only thing that would save fucking Supergirl at this point.
Hell, make her come from Earth-2 (as in where Zoom came from), then she can cameo across all 4 shows, thus allowing Kryptonians to exist without forcing them into every fight.

Still hoping they pull a Crisis at the end of this season across all shows. They really need to freshen up Supergirl and add some new characters to the other 3 shows.

I think Zoom's from Earth 3.

Nah, Zoom is from Earth-2.
Only things we've seen from Earth-3 are Jay Garrick and The Trickster.
Zoom did, however, "conquer" Earth-3, but considering within 6 months (the show's try to follow the data of airing for plot) Jay fixed it all up, it can't of been too bad.

Too bad we won't get to see Jay for a while longer. That 60 second appearance and screw over was painful. I just want them to go on adventures together for an episode or two.

The live-action Music Meister was an abomination.
These shows give a little, take a LOT.

Because MacGyver does that already, and it'd tottally be a rip-off of that. So execs think.

Routh is a fucking great actor. Even when he loathes doing something, he puts a 100% into it. It's a pity he keeps get saddled with shit roles.

Why was he even alive on LoT?

I had an alternate idea for what he could have done (involving him stealing genetic material) but it's either funny or just retarded.

See, they don't straight out say it, but Eobard from LoT isn't Eobard from The Flash S1.
When Barry goes back in time and places Eobard in Flashpoint Prison, before he does the face swapping, Eobard is taken out of the timeline completely.
When Barry goes back and let's Eobard kill his mother, the Eobard he took to Flashpoint escapes and goes off on his merry way, but then realises that he is being chased by the Black Flash, so he fucks off to get the Spear of Destiny.

Oh, kind of like how Damian Dahrhrhkgh is 1940's Darrrghk, not 2010's batshit insane FUCK IT ALL Darkgkhg?

I guess that's why this Darrrghk is capable of working with others and staying focused on goals and never tries to BURN IT ALL DOWN!. The one that Ollie killed was about as coherent as a pitbull in a spin drier, even if his magic was a lot more powerful.

Yes, but Darhk and Merlyn were explicitly stated to be their past selves (well, Merlyn was picked up in 2016/17 anyways so not much difference).
They didn't really explain Eobard's survival, but I watch the shows every week and get a bit too invested for my own good, and that theory holds up against the other timeline shit they've pulled, despite being a strange way of handling time.

When is Flash going to include Bumblebee for the sole purpose of people confusing Beecher/Breacher?

And yet he mentions working with Catalin and Cisco in the Apollo 13 episode. Not too hard to fix with some timey wimey bullshit like "Because he isn't supposed to exist/in an attempt to delay his paradox death all points of Eobard have collapsed in on eachother"

>>>Holla Forums

They established in The Flash that Eobard can show up as a time remnant. That's him. He's a remnant that realized he's going to die once he saw the Black Flash casing him around.

So technically Black Flash should have gone after White Canary's future remnant, but he can only sense movement, and she didn't flinch, so he took off.

No, the Black Flashes only go after speedsters.

Black Flash is for speedsters, Time Wraith are for people who fuck with time in stupid ways, but no one goes after people who use proper time travel (Time ships/drives) to mess with time.

Well, the Time Masters used to, until they exploded, but that's silly, why don't the Time Masters from before they exploded still go after people messing with time?

Time Masters are all dead.
Vanishing point existed outside of time, so there's no past/future for them to come from.

I presume there'd still be a few Time Masters out on ships, but they have no way to connect to the central data banks, so can't find out what happened/communicate with each other.

I'm seriously starting to think my stupid theory of Eobard going through some screwed up time travelling process to wank Eddie off when he doesn't notice, steal his sperm and than phase it into a chick to knock them up to continue the family bloodline to sound more plausible. I dub it Fap point.

Did anyone find the fact that Eobard couldn't run in zero-g in that episode to be weird when the Lex Luthor mindswapped Flash in JLU was able to "swim" through the air when the same situation happens? (4:10) Or it was just done as an plot excuse to stop Eobard from insta killing Atom.

Watching that clip saddens me to how bad they fucked up Mister Terrific in Arrow.

Power Tits? I doubt that will happen.

see

I don't know enough about the character to be disappointed with what they did with him. I mean, it's a tad annoying that Curtis is basically Black Schlong Felicity, but his bro moments with Wild Dog are pretty great.

Nobody cares about Mr. Terrific 2 in the comics. Literally the only person who ever got worked up about MT2 was the GenXorcist guy, and that was only because the only black guy on the Justice Society got killed off by the Art Nigger Guy.

Yeah, but being black schlong at least means he's not gonna be shipped with Oliver.

Oliver is a Liberal character :^)

But he isn't gay and is a known womanizer.

Might I suggest you run your command line and enter $CURRENT_YEAR, you shitlord?

There's only 3 people that makes sense for, Ronnie isn't a speedster and Julian was around after Savitar was sealed away. Savitar is clearly Hunter Zolomon.

The Flash S03E19
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3ce7738d93a8b46f19b95971a7d0894eae137454

9 minutes, fresh off the encoding press.

Or Barry.

Oh, maybe it's Eobard.

So Thawne never existed because eddie died, but Barry traveled back to before eddie shot himself (I think the speed force must have been what killed wells-thawne from season 1) and kept thawne alive during flashpoint, a timeline where eddie never died.

Then when he went back to his time, Eobard came with, effectively dodging his death and skipping the time he'd have to spend inside star labs.

What if?
Ronnie survived helping to close that massive wormhole thingy at the start of S2 and was thrown through time/alt Earths but couldn't survive on his his own because of the Firestorm fusion process, so a future Eobard combines with him (possibly using some modified version of that DNA face stealing thing that was used on the original Wells) Creating a character with the speed and mind of Eobard and the appearance of Ronnie? (Savitars armor being created from the transmutation of the Firestorm process).

Or maybe Eobard pulls a Phillip J. Fry and combines with Eddie, basically I think Savitar is going to be a combo of two characters, one being a speedster.

Future Barry who went insane and now goes back in time to kill Iris so everyone knows the pain he felt. He also goes to other Earths to kill other speedsters to make sure he stays the fastest man alive.
Though, since Caitlyn instantly works with him, it's probably not going to be something that makes sense, and instead be her father or Ronnie.
It would be Eddie, as when you see Savitar's leg in pants, he has a limp on the leg as Eddie, but I don't know why Caitlyn would follow him.

Yeah, but before they put Cavanaugh in RF's suit, it was some random person. Could be the case here.

Savitar's suit for filming is similar if not the same as Grodd's suit. If I recall one set photo, they have a woman in Savitar's rig, and used her as Solovar, but people thought it was a scene of Grodd fighting Savitar.

Good chance they just put the Savitar rig operator into some dress pants.

The CW has taken every DC property they can get their hands on and shit on it with woeful abandon. The first was with Smallville and even that has some likability as a quirky early 2000s show. The issue is that it NEVER GOT BETTER. Arrow was fun for like the first season, but then they continued on a path of mischaracterization, misuse of source material, poor casting/acting, and way too low a budget to stage what is required. And for their minimal efforts they got REWARDED with season after season of yet another shitty villain of the day whose backstory, powers, and overall character are completely fucked. The CW took IPs and turns them into shit soap operas. GIVE THESE SHOWS TO SOMEONE WITH A FUCKING BUDGET

Hey look, you don't know what you're fucking talking about.

I've seen people elsewhere speculate that Savitar was Wally, only with comic!Eobard's backstory (Flash's greatest fan that finds out he actually becomes Flash's greatest foe, and in this case murders his sister, and becomes evil from the shock of it) and 2024 Wally is just a timeline remanent.

I think that actually sounds pretty neat.

Developing on that, Wally could be in the coma in 2024 as he has some Speed Force shit going on and is Savitar as some kind of phantom thing.

Still, I don't think that will be it, as Caitlyn trusts whoever Savitar is completely, which makes little sense as she and Wally rarely interact.

Top 3 list in order of likelyhood is:
-Julian
-Her father
-Ronnie

Julian tops my list as he can use his past self (2017) to be Alchemy. This makes more sense as Caitlyn trusts him due to falling in love with him over time.
Also, he and Killer Frost are stuck in a lab together constantly. Surely this lab doesn't magically prevent Savitar from getting in there to rescue Caitlyn, so I think Julian is Savitar and she's happy being there.

Supposedly, according to some leaked (radio) promo, Savitar is future Barry.

Called that here
Panabaker said on FB that the actor hadn't played an antag before on the show, so that narrows it slightly.
6 hours to go until the worst reveal in history, wew.

Welp, there's the reveal.
They didn't even make him into an old man, they just stuck a weird scar on him

The Flash S03E20
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6B2F1AE427DC7A2C1A1F91FB954C6F8D97954EBE

variety.com/2017/tv/news/no-tomorrow-frequency-canceled-the-cw-1202418863/

Frequency has been cancelled, so that could mean at least Lisa Snart returning to The Flash.

Gee, what a shock.

Lisa Snart wasn't terribly well done, anyways. No super ice-skates, and despite a sciencey gun that turns things to gold, they continue to commit theft.
All she served to do was make Cisco have a slight love interest, which they've since abandoned and given him Gypsy, which makes more sense.

On top of that, Leonard is dead until they come up with bullshit to revive him, Rory is the comedic relief for LoT and every other rogue is dead or in prison, so they can't do much with her.

When they brought in female Top, I still wanted Top and Golden Glider to get together.

Was it ever stated to actually be gold instead of gold color?

It's called a gold-like substance, so I guess it counts as gold.

Ended up missing last weeks episode with the reveal but saw this week's with the explanation of Savitar existence. Was hoping for something more unexpected. Honestly doesn't seem like I missed much last week that the "previously on" covered.

Though this week's episode with amnesia Barry may have been the first acknowledgement of the West family being black after Barry looks at his arm after Wally mentions that he's his brother

There were some weird looks when he called Iris his sister before.
Amnesia episode was good. Actually let us have a proper Flash show, rather than brooding "muh guilt" Barry.

Here's hoping that was just a test run for S4 and they cut the team down to 2 or 3.

Less crazy than some of the heists the Rogues and other villains pull in the comics.

I was dreading the amnesia episode because it's a cliche for everything. Wound up way better than I expected. Really hope the whole personality thing was a tease for season 4 having fun Barry instead of emo Barry.

That would be great, I'd also like for every speedster not to be faster than Barry. I mean Nig FLash was as fast as Barry two episodes after getting cacooned, same goes with the coalburner.

That was a pretty great moment. This episode in general was pretty fun all around.

About the Savitar reveal (I may be an episode behind, please no spoilers) the anime-esque twist was cool and all, but I hate stories like this. Whenever a villain knows everything that's going to happen or is a super genius who can plan ahead, the heroes always end up defeating them in the dumbest fucking way! Barry is the villain so of course he knows everything Barry is going to do. They now have to come up with some stupid nonsensical way- which somehow future Barry completely forgot about- to beat him.

writersworkshop.warnerbros.com

Submit a better script then. Be the change you want to see and get lots of shekels and jewgold at the same time.

If anyone watched the Vixen episodes, they turned both seasons into a film then added an extra 20 or so minutes of footage.
They also seemed to redo some of the VAs and fix up some of the weird lip syncs.

I enjoyed it.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0c71168b6e23e3410dd9af5fa076b0d03ae77752

The Flash S03E22
SD
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9292e79e3682239ff271d82c030112d4f8ee160e
HD
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:224d84707bf7a231be069724749be711ecefafac

Holy shit

Mon-El is gone! Supercorp FTW baby!

It's weird seeing all of Superman's villains being established as Supergirl villains.
Who the heck does he fight in the CW, apart from Lex Luthor? She's even stolen most of his supporting cast, save for Lois.

Supergirl doesn't really have a lot of her own villains and supporting cast, except for that one run by Peter David when she stole the life of a girl in a satanic cult, and lived in a "weirdness magnet" town, and the town sheriff was her father, and her ex-boyfriend was a demon…

I wish they'd use Ambush Bug. He was hilarious as a Superman/Girl villain.
Especially if he showed up as the later Ambush Bug, with Cheeks the Toy Wonder, and Argh!yle as a sock puppet he talks to. Committing crimes as Argh!yle and trying to team up with Supergirl to stop them as Ambush Bug.

Welp, HR be dead.

Not a loss, tbh

Release was shit this week. SVA from ettv did a mighty fine hack job with the encode, so I guess that shut down of ExtraTorrents hit harder than everyone thought.

Here's a better rip by MKVcage.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C4F025B1E66A683FEAE7366828EEDEF810B0D096

Nevermind, that one is just as bad, but at different points.

No idea how they'll revive him, but could be neat.

That's because Supergirl is part of Superman's supporting cast. Everything she has is hand-me-downs from him.

son of a bitch
what a copout
i really hoped that they kill that annoying bitch

I thought HR was going to have a more sinister background, honestly. They kept hinting that he did bad shit on Earth-19, then it's just "lmao you can't leave xD". I was ready for him to be trying something like stealing Barry's powers to become a celebrity on his own Earth.

They hinted at Accelerated Man and gave him some plot thread, but then ignored it for weeks, but Gypsy being around means that we'll see that some more.

Very happy that Gypsy and Harry will be staying on as regulars. Not so impressed that Caitlyn will be put down to recurring, but at least there's some improvement in character development. Might get antihero Killer Frost with Firestorm later.
I will be incredibly happy if John Wesley Sticks around for more than cameos. He appeared for all of 4 scenes, and 2 of those were just a quick shot of his head.

Julian needs to be kicked off. His only real connection was disliking Barry, then suddenly loves him overnight and inserts himself into everything. Even worse, is that Tom Felton is fucking around and has other things on, so he doesn't even appear in every episode for more than 3 seconds, so his interactions are forced with the other cast. Also, his smug way of saying "mate" shits me, as an Australian.

As for S4:
Barry will be kept off for no more than 3 episodes. They'll likely do an Infinite Crisis-esque thing, as Barry walking away with his mother is similar to the final Flash double-issue cover
It won't even reset much of the universe. Probably won't even fix up the other shows, just itself.
Ivo will be the mid-season villain. They did the same with Alchemy; hype him up as the overarching villain then drop him midway.

Well, now it's time to catch up on Supergirl and Arrow.

>Barry will be kept off for no more than 3 episodes.

no shit
when they didnt even have the balls to kill Iris why the fuck would the get rid of the Flash in the show called The Flash
it will be as permanent as his parent being alive

What if Amazo wasn't just the name of his boat?

Wally will be promoted then promptly told to fuck off.

Ivo means Amazo, but will they do Red Tornado and co. considering they've already done him in Supergirl.
Maybe they will do him but unfuck the costume.
Maybe they will do him by a Crisis merging Supergrill.

I don't want that to ever happen unless Supergirl gets to a point where it looks like it could be good, if not for the past seasons of continuity keeping it shit.

I bet they have two version of the season plotted out, one where Barry returns if Wally doesn't get high enough ratings and one where Wally stays on.

Nope. They wouldn't be allowed to film a season twice over. Too many shekels wasted, and it might end up being released and being better than what was aired, causing uproar.

Unlike Amell, Gustin said he wants to go for a while longer, and the writers have planned 12 seasons for Arrow and The Flash, plus he already signed on for a full season.

Not filmed, just storyboarded.

They film 2-3 months ahead. They couldn't possible change the plot that drastically when ratings come in.

Oh, unless they make the change over the Christmas break, but I'm fairly sure I saw post-break set photos during the Invasion crossover.

Checking on the scene again he may be saying DeVoe AKA The Thinker (who Abra Kadabra also mentioned).

Just rewatched it, and he does say DeVoe. Plus, he mentions a cerebral inhibitor, which makes sense for The Thinker.
That's good, as DeVoe is a classic Flash villain, meaning more Jay Garrick hopefully.

Now that I think about The Thinker, there's a few other good aspects to this.
1) The second Thinker, Clifford something, was a rival of Ronnie Raymond, so he might be an apprentice to DeVoe and they bring in Ronnie somehow
2) The last Thinker was an AI who Mr Terrific dealt with a couple times, and was also involved in Infinite Crisis.

Bring that together, and there may be a plan to bring up Ronnie a lot, and Mr Terrific and the rest of Arrow can come in to help with some AI the Thinker(s) build. Plus, LoT was dealing with messy timelines, so Crisis may be the end goal for all shows next season.

THat's a good point that both Lot and Flash have basically completely annihilated all coherent timelines

and when i thought after flash this shit couldnt get worse
im sure they killed all characters in the show just like flash will be gone forever

Sponsored by Shark Week!

That was unexpected, though seeing the drumsticks drop one last time was kinda sad. (He would have been executed if he went back to his old Earth, right?)

Maybe the CW season 3 problem is like a negative number and multiplying Supergirl's negative number by that will result in a good season?

I would have preferred Iris to die than HR. I liked his interactions with the group, whereas Iris bad pretty much no character.

*had

Yeah, no shit. I loved the fact that we had a genuinely helpful member of the team who had neither superpowers or a science background. Flash Museum never ever

HR was the most annoying of the Wells iterations.
Hopefully they keep Harry for all of S4, because I can only see a new one as being forced and annoying.

Was Zatanna in it? She wasn't in it, was she?

No.
Hopefully Constantine introduces her, but I doubt they'd cast someone good for it. Just needs a half-Italian chick with a nice rack and legs, but they'd fuck it up hardcore.