Teen Titans Judas Contract

Note: I would put this in the Teen Titans thread but I would rather leave that be about the 2000s series and this be about the flavor of the month movie.
Came out yesterday. Just finished seeing an HD rip. Overall this was a much better movie than past movies in pretty much every category. Wasn't 11/10 new classic but it's pretty solid.

Pros:
Sidenote: I'm surprised it's Rated PG-13 in the US
> Damian being Damian is well reserved, maybe they're done using him as the focal point or maybe it was by virtue of plot related.
That last part is really subtle but when I noticed it, it was almost like we were back to 90s animation frames. Don't misunderstand, it's not that present or noticeable but it's like there's an attempt to give characters fluid reactions in dialogue like back in 90s animation.

Cons:
This is probably a compromise since the last Teen Titans movie was really about Raven
> The last fight didn't have much to go on except Raven waits until the end to use her full power

Overall, I would give it a 10/10 just for not having glaring flaws but since Kevin Smith was featured in it I'll give it a 7/10 at best. Well done.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/co/res/825142.html#q825142
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Animated_Original_Movies#Continuities
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wait Kevin Smith had a cameo in this?
Is Deathstroke good in this? I know they fucked him up bad in Son of Batman.

I think that's something to do with how the violence is caused. Pretty sure Yanks allow physical violence more readily than supernatural violence.

Well, seeing as you're giving it a 10, I'm going to assume it's a solid 7 and give it a try now.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:b9c1f01101da6dee1b9493f15d4186abb5627338

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:42e108fb93e712177b2fd2041584cf42e0e6a389

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:143d2c7dbdff7c23f7a1456b1f990c8cac8abb76

Did he really play himself?

Especially since they already did it, without Kevin Smith, in the TV series

I remember a while back one of you guys mentioned that we should storytime the original Judas Contract story when the movie came out. Should we do it or no?

He's incorporated into the plot. Without Kevin Smith, Deathstroke wouldn't be able to accomplish his contract with Brother Blood. Not really exaggerating
He's a bit better but he's essentially the same Deathstroke. Really the only mistake he made in the movie was underestimating Dick's proficiency.

Yes, pic related.

Might as well. Pretty sure there's plenty of lurkers and posters who have never read it so we might as well educate them on what they're missing every time they see the animated adaptions.

You had ONE FUCKING JOB NIGGER.

Shill harder. Nothing with Kevin Smith involved deserves that high of a rating.

Kevin Smith doing Onomatopoeia on Arrow would have been better than fucking Villain Sue Prometheus. And what is it with EVERYBODY dressing like Tusken Raiders this year? Prometheus, Ragman, Alchemy, it's like errybody went to the textiles store and went HESSIAN! and then ran out of ideas.

Because WB has run out of ideas and can't just make characters look like themselves.

Moar like run out of money for Arrow, because the supers need that FX money.
I'm surprised Olly can afford arrows, he's probably running around pulling them out of goons to save money. Poor Ragman got put on a bus because CGI costs money.

You don't even need CGI if the costuming department was half competent. Or if they had a budget that wasn't lower than the average toku show.

I think she even got worse from the last movie she was in.

What was said: Cons; kevin smith x3
And:

I think you failed reading comprehension. By all means, Kevin Smith is worth hating but don't let that blindside you from reading properly. Don't let Kevin Smith win.

I read properly. 7/10 is too high.

7/10 is after the deduction. But I believe it's fair to say that whatever score it earns there should be an automatic deduction just for Kevin Smith being in it. So if you think 7/10 is too high for the movie then it's really set at 4/10.

Personally I think 10/10 is only fair in relation to the other DCAU movies which already set the bar very low.

Both these points are perfectly fair. 4/10 sounds about right.

Supergirl is leeching all the shekels.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were embezzling funds from the other 3 to fund Supergirl's stupid episodes, all of the writers are best mates.

I just finished the opening sequence, and apart from the Twitter joke, this is looking alright.
I think the twitter joke was only made to reference that they're in the past, but it was done poorly.
Not sure why Robin's great idea to close a portal he knew nothing about was to blow it up.

Mmm, OP. You told me there'd be some good animation, but I just saw the worst thing I've ever seen in these DC films.

Watch the scene where Terra walks away after the training session.
It's actually laughable that someone thought that was how someone looks when they walk.

I don't think we will ever get another version of raven as hot as the Teen Titans version.

Gotta love the "strong female heroes" who show off their superiority with condescending
Just BE a strong and likable hero, stop acting like an ass. Why do they write them this way?

Because they don't understand a strong character knows when to trust and rely on others. Independence is something only the most unlikable people have. Everyone relies on somebody and when you have to be condescending and rely on yourself all the time that is a major flaw and a sign of weakness. Crazy how everything is topsy turvy huh?

U WOT MATE?

I mean I understand the words that are coming out of your mouth, but the sentence don't make no damn sense.

Right then, just finished watching it

kek

I meant in the sense of not having any one you care about or rely on from time to time. Being completely independent takes away humanity and you become more of a crazed hermit,or in the case of western female characters, an unlikable bitch.

I get the sneaking suspicion this would have been a much better film in 2008 or whenever this was originally announced. It still would have been pointless but at least the line-up probably would have resembled the one in the comics, instead of the shit-tier Titans they're trying to push now.

yeah…

It would have been interesting to see what it would have been like if it wasn't shelved in 2008 but going by the history of DCAU, it really wouldn't have been any better than this. 2008 was when the DCAU standalone movies were just getting off the ground and that period was certainly a mixed bag with an uncertain future. I think the only reason why it finally got made was because of the streak of movies they've had going with Sam Liu and Jay Oliva, which is pretty much its own animated universe. It's still up in the air as to what the rules are since it pretty much started as a New 52 animated universe and then before New 52 ended it started doing its own thing.

That's more or less every DCAU movie though.

Just in case you guys wanted to know I started a storytime thread for the Judas Contract if you want to check it out 8ch.net/co/res/825142.html#q825142

INB4 shilling my own thread

You're clearly new.
You can crosslink a thread, just take the number and add >> in front of it
inb4 is greentext, not spoiler.

user, what the fuck is with that 4chan image? Are you aware of what webm's are?

y-you too
I don't got a webm

Sweet, I've never read it.

thanks fam.

What happened with DC animated movies? They used to be consistently good. I had watched every one up to Justice League vs Teen Titans, which I could only stand to watch 15 minutes of before deciding I was done with these movies. Everything just went completely down hill after Flashpoint Paradox save for Gods and Monsters.

Money grubbing kikes giving no actual animation budget.

Which timeline did you jump out of? DC Animated Movies have always been a collective mess. From one movie to the next, the quality is almost random. If you're ever trying to enjoy it you have to set your standards super low to perceive what's even "good" in it.

Flashpoint Paradox looks terrible. Gods and Monsters looks okay. At the very least I'm glad that the movies don't look like glorified flash cartoons. Again, I have no concept of why you think they've used to look consistently good when at most we've moved past the age of blocky looking flash animation graphics.

Stop calling it DCAU. DCAU is something completely different and considerably less shit

I wouldn't say "consistently good", but at least we used to get some bad and some great ones. Back then, sure you'd have something like Superman/Batman: Apocalypse shitting up the collection, but then you'd have something like Green Lantern: First Flight reminding you that DC's animation department can actually make some really good stuff.

Now it's basically garbage after garbage. The only two nu-DC animated movies I didn't totally hate were Batman: Bad Blood and Justice League: Dark.

I would say I disagree but then I might end up defending something you have to grade on a negative scale.

Well at least they made Kory look good, and be sexually open, as is her character.

…dammit

….makes you miss Joss Whedon doesnt it?

She looks like that Die cis scum faggot with a little more hair

Not at fucking all. Whedon is why shitty quip machines are popular in the first place.

Am i the only that notice the animation changed at the end. It got strangely better?

That's the name of the DC Animated Shows Created by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, your dimwit.

Read the thread, at least three other people pointed it out including OP.

so they reused most of the designs from Justice League vs Teen Titans, but it's not actually a sequel?

That's not confusing at all.

I still really love this sorta-androgynous Raven, voice included. Fight me.

This is a sequel, though.
It directly mentions Nightwing staying on the team more, Damian joining and Raven ensnaring Trigon.

Most of the DC DTVs since Flashpoint Paradox are in continuity. If they have that artstyle, they're connected.

You're not wrong.

What? I could have sworn there was something that directly contradicted it, something we saw pre-release.

Now I'm confused as hell.

Skin could be grayer, and I'm still torn between tights and bare legs

It's a nicer style that's somewhat animu while still being toned down and more natural looking.

You're a fag

Raven looks so cute in that one.

Is it just me or did it feel like certain times the animation felt more fluid. The scene in the beginning where the Titans are talking in the car I noticed Beast Boys facial animation looked fairly fluid. That and Terra at the end her facial animation was fluid as well.

kek

And no one even picked his body up

I wish they were all in a connected universe, but ignoring current comics and not total shit

This bitch?

For the user that asked if the films were canon, these ones are all within the DC Animated Movie Universe:
Not sure about Justice League Dark, but they are all Nu52 designs for the characters and nothing contradicts past films.

Judas Contract references the past films in a few ways:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Animated_Original_Movies#Continuities

mfw

Kind of agree.
She either needs a baby-face (to juxtapose her dark personality) or a face more like that. Something mature looking -stronger nose bridge and a strong feminine jawline (to show she's more harsh). Basically, a "nice" skull without being gaunt.

If baby-face is 15-late teens, then that face is like 18 to early 20s.

If I wanted to buy a continuity of movies for an Uncle who likes the animated comic movies (and even shows)- what would you all recommend?

Not him, but the recent movie line is known for not being very good. Most of the movies before Flashpoint are generally seen as good. Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths in particular is a rework of a scrapped DCAU (basically, the Justice League cartoon) movie.

Well, the obvious choice would be DCAU: BTAS, The New Batman Adventures (Depending on region, this is just BTAS Season 4), STAS, Batman Beyond, JL/U and maybe Statik Shock/Zeta project if you truly want it to be complete. Plus there's four feature lengths in canon with those: Mystery of the Batwoman, Mask of the Phantasm, Batman & Mr Freeze: Subzero and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

Continuity for those is:
BTAS > TNBA > STAS > JL > JLU = Statik > Beyond, however, BB should be watched before JLU as they wrap up the BB story in JLU, and Zeta Project is started during BB but ends before BB does.
I don't recall when the first 2 BTAS films occur or if it's even stated, but they occur before TNBA starts, and Mystery of the Batwoman takes place during TNBA.
Return of the Joker is last, chronologically.

Now that I've done my tangent, I'll keep going with what you actually want to know.
There aren't many other animated continuities, due to the market being so small.
There's the Watchmen Animated film, but that's just panels from the comic with an audio book over the top. Still really nice, though I can't recall if it covers Before Watchmen or not.

Scooby-Doo DTVs are all in continuity. The first four, Zombie Island to Alien Invaders, are together, then there's the rest of them which are together.
I have an autistic timeline that links up every Scooby-Doo show and film into one continuous stream, but I doubt your uncle would appreciate my 'tism.

As for the other DC animated DTVs, there's a few continuities:
As above.
Two rather good films. Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and Apocalypse.
Crisis on Two Earths and Doom are based on the JLA comics, though not actually linked. CoTE was originally the conclusion to the DCAU, but Bruce Timm got shafted hard and made a LOT of concessions to even get it made. CoTE has Mark Harmon as Superman, which is incredibly comfy to hear.
Both adaptations of TDKR. I presume they'll eventually make a 3rd one, though I haven't heard ANYONE speak about the 3rd part, even when it was coming out, so it might of sold that poorly.

All the other DC films are standalone, save Assault on Arkham which is placed along the Arkham games and Gotham Knight which bridges between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Marvel has their own animated universe, but it wasn't as well-received by critics/viewers at the time, and I don't recall them really mingling with the others shows like the DCAU did.
Those shows are X-Men, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, Silver Surfer, Spider-Man Unlimited and The Avengers: United They Stand.
They're alright, I guess. Nothing to write home about, though. Spider-Man and SM Unlimited were the best shows of those.
X-Men is not the same show a lot of anons like. That was X-Men Evolution, which wasn't in the universe and was much better.

I did some reading, and didn't know this, but apparently Marvel as two other TV universes. They're more just "were made in the same time frame". The only real one is the Marvel Anime Universe.

As I said, there's not many choices for animated universes, even less so for films.
If Genndy ever gets set free by Sony, maybe he will finally convince people to use more animation in big budget studios. He a couple people, like Paul Dini and Bruce Timm at WB Animation are the only guys who seem to care about 2D these days.

It was actually meant to bridge Justice League into Justice League Unlimited.
In spite of some of the changes (such as swapping out John Stewart for Hal Jordan), it still contains nods to JLU.

Oh yeah, it was too.
I wonder if other people found the whole "Oh look, a million new metas just popped up" thing in JLU to be as jarring as I found it.

Timm gets such a hard time. I just want to hug him.

All of Hal's lines sound like stuff DCAU John would say, and I don't even know if they even mention his name. Superman is the very slightly (but not overly) cocky and edgy DCAU version. I suspect the only actual change to the script is Luthor being in prison (he was free at the end of JL).

I'M GOING TO KEEP KILLING HOSTAGES, DC

THEIR BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS

AND MY DICK

Production started in November and Aqualad VA wasn't brought in until Feb. Since he's a main character, he'll have a lot of lines, thus there's still a ways to go with finishing.

Netflix releases all episodes of a season at once, so they can't start releasing things months before they finish.
I expect late Q3-Q4 release.

YJ was never particularly good.

if having good taste means I'm a fag, then I'm okay with that

that does not look cute. over detailed body, boring animu face equals shit

That second pic makes it look like she's got a long dick-bulge

I don't think her dick is supposed to be *that* big

Hey Sasuke. Still out to avenge your clan?
Yeah… Sorry

Having good taste doesn't mean you're a fag. Interpreting something as androgynous when it's not and getting a stiffy over it means you're a fag.

Just saw this.

Does anyone still think they're going to go for some in universe Damian/Raven ship that was plainly obvious in Justice League vs. Teen Titans?

God I hope not.

Independence from Britan, good
Independence from bro tier France, bad

Would make more sense if they used a Muslim mob in this day and age….they literally kill blasphemers/witches/etc

You realize you're advocating for muslims to appear in a DC cartoon?

Not that guy, but portrayed accurately, I could really get behind that.

yes.

The whole "any idea can work if done right" is a fallacy. It doesn't change the basis around what compromise had to made to include what already sounds bad on paper. Regardless, why would you want muslims in a DC cartoon, at all? No matter the use, it still means having muslims in a DC cartoon. Even if you magically swap out the religious people in this movie and replace them with muslims, it still means having muslims.

after Trump won.

And by portrayed accurately, I mean as a liability to white societies.
A TT toon about removing kebab sure would be

nice.

She looks better

Bull fucking shit. And worst of all she's fucking Damian.

Pic-related

It is to attack natural gender roles explicitly instead of implicitly.

yep, you can shit on these movies for most aspects, story, character, etc, but not the design department

She'd look better without the leggings.

she's not a slut bro

Purrrrfect.

Hell yeah.

shitty edits, but yeah it does look right

Now edit a bulge because she still looks like a boy.

American censors are all about how able someone is to reproduce the violence. A good example: IN BTAS, they weren't allowed to have a gangster point a gun directly at the camera, because a kid might "recreate" the scene. However, they were allowed to have Mr.Freeze point his gun at the camera, as it was a sci-fi freeze gun, thus unable to be recreated. This is the reason why almost every cartoon has everyone using laser guns. They actually had to struggle to allow the gangsters to use normal guns, but were able to convince them that the suspension of disbelief would be to high.

damn son, show me where the boys look like that so I can move there

like this?

Damn you Holla Forums you futa bastards inserting yourselves in every damn fetish thread.

Thanks friendo

Notice how this happens every time there's a waifu thread. Anons explicitly talk about pounding pussy. Then comes the bulge/futa fags inserting themselves into every discussion for not being diverse enough as if some form of protest for the thread not being more inclusive. I didn't mind it during the early years, but now its every fucking waifu topic. Reminds me of Marvel Comics.

Or they're just trying to be funny you fucking tard

Quit derailing the thread. Futa is for closet homos anyways.

I just wanted to argue damn it. I'm bored out of my fucking mind.

Serves you right for making waifu threads.

Then argue inside your own mind instead of being a faggot about it.

There is a great thread on Holla Forums right now about reddit destroying yet another piece of gaming history if you're interested.

FTFY

Which? What?

Hey fuck you, leggings are my fetish.

kill yourself sodomite

kill yourself

Thailand? Phillipines?

Thai ladyboys don't have tits like that.

Brazil? Even the boys got thicc asses there.

Kevin Smith isn't that bad.

but the real truth is being gay is fun because being deviant is fun

Really?

where can I see this thread

Priceless

My Internet detective skill says it' probably a Holla Forums thread that have 404ed.

the shaved headed female meme strikes again

I've got some questions since this is my first TT movie.

You're a complete fucking casual moron, y'know that right?

I'm not really into cape, sorry.
Now are you gonna shitpost or fill in the gaps for me?

How are you even on this board if you don't know half of this shit? I can't think of another board or website you could come from without at least knowing the three Robins.

Alright, newfag. I'll help ya a little. Robin in the movie is Damian Wayne. Batman and Talia Al Ghul's son. This movie is unrelated to the Teen Titans cartoon. Nightwing left the Titans to be his own man. None of this is important to know anyway. Movie is shit, DC is shit, and history like this is too old for anyone to talk about anymore. Basically you're just a moron who doesn't understand anything happening around him when it's all the simplest shit to figure out.

Sorry I'm not an ultra TT fangirl like you user but thanks.