Windows 10 is faster, more reliant, more productive and more advanced than any linux desktop environment

Windows 10 is faster, more reliant, more productive and more advanced than any linux desktop environment.

The only thing that's pulling me to linux is the philoshopy & system security.

Do anyone agree?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/tech/w7tele.html
txti.es/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's _does_ anyone agree.
And no, we does not.

utter falsehood.
fucking_updates_i_am_encoding.webm
fucking_updates_i_am_encoding.webm
wouldn't care even if I suspected this were true.

just shoah us all and range ban op

Reasons not to use Microsoft

Windows is shit in pretty much every way. I hate its flat interface, I hate how little I can customize it, I hate that I can't even use the classic theme anymore, I hate that I can't simply install a different desktop environment.

The only thing Windows has going for it, however, is the most important thing: fucktons of software available.

Have you ever tried diagnosing a problem on Windows? Good luck with the documentation ("An error occurred"). Good luck reading through the logs. Good luck calling customer support.

Go shill somewhere else, prabjeet.

please don’t invite a linux windows flame war

Can I log out or reboot by pressing a simple sequence of Meta key -> Up key -> Enter key twice yet? No? Windows 10 isn't even as advanced as Windows XP, lol

Agreed, basically what I'm thinking.

reported for needless tripfagging

I agree Windows 10 is incredible, once you gut it like a pig

reddit.com/r/windows

Reported for sissy bitch faggot AND announcing report

Its only good for gayming. Anything else GNU/Linux does better.

Is there still a way to get Windows 10 free? I have a machine with that forced update downloaded, but not installed yet. I know how to nuke the update so it won't install and download again, etc.

Windows Backdoors and User Freedoms:

Windows Insecurity

Windows Sabotage

These are Microsoft technical actions that harm users of specific hardware or software:

Windows Interference

Microsoft often releases proprietary programs or updates that destabilize or reduce the utility of the user's system:

Windows Surveillance

Other Windows Abuses

All this proves, is OP is a professional normie.

Download an ISO from Microsoft's website and you have 90 days to figure out/find a guide on how to disable the activation prompts. You can do that with LTSB as well, which is a slightly better shade of brown.

How about just say you don't know instead? Better yet, since you don't know, maybe don't say anything at all rather than give a vague non-answer that you thought elevated you to a more elite status.

Think of software like a tool. You're going to use the best tool for the job. If you need to edit a wedding video, OSX would be better suited for doing that. Video editors on Linux are very spartan or buggy. LibreOffice and Gimp are great, but some people can't live without MS Office and Photoshop. For reasons which are obvious to me, I can't support Adobe on any OS. I also don't use MS Office often even though I have access. I use mousepad for taking notes, and CSV for spreadsheet. If I need to share it, I'll import into MS Office and make it pretty for the bosses and save in the MS format.

You asked whether you can get it for free. And I provided you with a way. Don't go chimping out on me now. If there was a misunderstanding, 90 days are trial-free and after that you get occasionally nagged by the service. Read a guide on how to remove it.

Read a guide on fucking yourself.

Oh yeah, grade A interface ya got there.

I know reading is a nigger's worst enemy, but come on now. Use a fucking search engine. And start with KMS Tools.

It, on install, was fucking unusable compared to 8.1. It took, like, 3-5 hours of my life, but I was able to de-CIA and de-bloat it to the point of usability.
It's bretty gud now. I'd say it's even better than 8.1, architecturally. There's less hangs and better battery management (the underclocking feature in power settings is pretty rad, probably my favorite Windows 10 feature by far, next to the improvements to Aero snap).
And to the people complaining about updates, lmao I got a refurb that had the Pro version preinstalled. I'm on the business release channel, and I currently have updates paused for the next like 20 days. I just need to unpause it at some point, install the latest shit, then go back to no updates again. It's rad.

Depends of what you want to do.
If your activity is tied to some specific proprietary software that doesn't have a good free alternative, yes.
If you are a programmer and comfortable with CLI, there is nothing better than Linux and Unixes.
I miss some software I used to have on Windows, especially for making music, but Wine has gotten really better during the last 5 years and runs a lot of stuff, and now that I got hooked on Linux, I don't want to go back.

Not to mention and

Which guide, faggot?

O hay Micro$oft. No, I'm not going to use any Windows newer than 7. You don't get my private data.

I just installed win 10, from win 7 and no, you're full of shit. Guess what I'm using to post right now? It sure as fuck isn't any MS product. Piece of shit OP, always sucking dicks.

The free meme didnt pay off enough for the NSA huh? I see no reason to ever update.

Hey buddy, are you lost?

lawl

test post please ignore

Lol, try setting up any meaningful development environment on Windows and tell us how it goes...

Are you retarded?
Windows 7 and XP are the only good windows OS

Only after the service packs.

I forgot your (You)

that's like saying my Wacom tablet is more artistic.

than what? win xp? sure. linux? fuck no, don't have to restart linux unless i want to change my kernel

apparently they offer it free to users that use accessibility stuff, like the blind or whatever, and the upgrade client never actually requires verification. google for it.

too bad google never could wrest the market share for office software from MS. i can live without privacy but holding people captive to shit software is just brutal.

CIANiggers pls. You're NSA botnet is pure evil, and like all the rest of evil will be tossed onto the trash heap of eternity.

Imagine being this much of a delusional faggot. Microsoft isn’t spying on anybody intentionally, that’s just your interpretation. Any data collected is for performance purposes mainly. You’ve also AGREED to their terms by using what belongs to THEM.
Once again how is any of this wrong? It’s called capitalism you delusional faggot, and it’s a good move for Microsoft.

Users are not product. You produce product with your own capital. I am not your capital you can use to make product. I'm a customer, the end user. I decide which product I buy and use you fucking kike.

This man loves cancer (Windoze)

This is the most shill-y crock of shit I've read in a good while, are you trying to get into favor with Microsoft?

If Windows 10 was running on a great server farm then I could understand the idea of collecting lots of info to tweak performance. But Win10 runs on end users computers: desktop, laptop, netbook and so on. There is nothing to tweak because all those machines have wildly different performance characteristics you fucking lying shill.

So no, they don't collect a fuckload of personal data for performance reasons. They collect it for ad serving reasons and spying reasons.

0.10 ₹ have been deposited in your account

OBAMA YOU FUCKING NIGGER

Get professional or enterprise edition ("KMS client") installation media off BitTorrent verify the ISO hash against a known good official ISO list online and drop vlmcsd into an auto starting virtual machine, assign a static IP to it, and on your LAN DNS device add an SRV record pointing to that IP named _vlmcs._tcp.%LAN_DOMAIN_NAME% so auto activation works, or use slmgr.vbs to point Windows at the vlmcsd VM IP address for activation.
vlmcsd is a FOSS KMS emulator hosted on GitHub, and most KMS activation hacks in the wild incorporate vlmcsd (many malicious hacks also bundle malware; better to learn about and use vlmcsd).

Oh last minor detail: Microsoft KMS client keys, which make Windows get its activation from a KMS server, are on the Microsoft website.

wtf?! what makes me jump into the linux world is the existence of windows 10! I have a fucking core i5 4650 and a fucking gtx 1080 and this shit still doing weird stuff!

mchome or wind4?

microsoft cock up your ass

I don't agree.

Windows 10 is faster, more secure than any Linux with a desktop environment, and more reliant than 90% of the Linux desktop distributions.

The only thing that's pulling me to Linux is the philosophy & privacy (of course i'm not talking about Ubuntu and Mint).

Pajeet's going to learn the hard way that people don't like being spied upon.

You can't even specify specific colors. You're literally given a set of feminine pastels to pick from and that's it.
Most windows software is just clones of other windows software

Pirated Win 10 LTSB for the paranoid but who still need to/want to run it.

That's not true but it doesn't really matter, windows is still shit

I boot the vlmcsd floppy in virtuo, and I'm exploring dropping it on a WRT54GL running OpenWRT so any user of KMS client MS products can auto activate if I let them on.
Just think: selling consumer routers which activate all enterprise MS products at all times on the darknet...

If you're going to pirate Windows, no point pirating the "client" edition aka "Windows 10 $ANYTHING Edition." The closest equivalent to Linux in the Windows world has always been the Windows Server line, since they have no artificial restrictions/gimping done unlike "client" editions. Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 are the same underlying Windows, just that 2016 Datacenter is modern Windows just about as close to 9000 as you can get never over.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH WINDOWS 10! IF YOU'RE GOING TO PIRATE WINDOWS, GO WITH WINDOWS SERVER 2016 DATACENTER!

Holy balls, I just had to de-crapify a W10 system. The amount of SHIT in them is immeasurable.
You have to:
-fucking check lists of updates which have misleading, if not downright WRONG descriptions and weed them out one by one
-check every fucking group policy object, and even then they say to your face telemetry will still be on
-keep a fucking hosts file up to date blacklisting MS's latest domains and set up a firewall to block their shit
-delete/disable services (e.g. diagtrack, Live shit)
-delete/disable tasks in task scheduler which don't even describe what they fucking do
-fucking take ownership of \Program Files\WindowsApps and \Windows\SystemApps and fucking move stock bloatware 'apps' (Edge, Store, Cortana, Xbox shit, OneNote app, etc.) elsewhere so it won't fucking attempt to run them anymore
-fucking definitively disable Windows Crapfender which hogs your CPU and re-enables itself
-write fucking registry keys for shit not in the god-awful configuration center (e.g. disable bloated thumbnail previews)

And then there's the possibility of a fucking update reverting your changes out of fucking nowhere, or even adding yet more undocumented spyware crap you have to disable. The worst part is new computers only have drivers for Wangblows 10, so it will eventually start catching up.
Holy fuck, I can't even find words to describe how mad I am.

IF YOU HAVE A 64 CORE 256 GB RAM BEAST, THE ONLY WINDOWS ABLE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL YOUR HARDWARE IS WINDOWS SERVER!
Windows Client (10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP) are all gimped and in some way disabled. Client has come with a full Terminal Server for over a decade, Windows Client doesn't have to enforce a "one at a time" policy for console and remote desktop sessions for technical reasons: it's so that you'd pay more for the near-'unlimited' version of Windows aka Windows Server.

no i mean which release of vlmcsd? i see two options: Wind4 and McHome

I want macos but hackintoshes suck so I'm using Windows 10 LTSB 2016

Put your anger to good use brother! Write a detailed walkthrough for us plebs and put it on pastebin or elsewhere. And when I say detailed I mean detailed like for a 5 year old, with every step explained how and why it's done.

Maybe the BO can add your final tut as a page here, just like: 8ch.net/tech/w7tele.html

I remember this window. :|

Every major supercomputer in the world runs Linux.

The internet and the military overwhelmingingly rely on Linux and other *nix because of its superior reliability and security.

For a some things like art/music/media/games, not for serious things.

Most major scientific research centers use Linux,

Lol, no.

Huh, the only time I use Windows is on some thin client-ish setups we have at work so I've never really tried to customize them.

Wind4, I believe is the main mirror for the MDL Forums hosted code. McHome is an OpenWRT package. Use Wind4.

You mean windows software devs do over and over what linux devs can't even do once? :^`)

use a windows vm and stfu
if you need muh games use gpu passthrough. it's for christ's sake

txti.es/ and write a guide plox

I had to do this for work once on a workstation that the client wanted converted to a small server. It's disgusting what they do and I don't believe there's anyone that's completely circumvented their telemetry tactics.

Or just use a normal windows installation. It's $current_year, nobody can force you to do anything. Not even GPL faggotry against your own will.
t. gentoo user

so what? as a user I don't give a fuck, I need good moves for me.

Not him, but I'm Explorer's everyone's happy with explorer's white background burning their retinas.
And everyone just loves to scramble through heaps of hidden files and undocumented settings you can't just edit because lol no option/grayed out/trustedinstaller/system/setting is ignored. At on Lunix admin actually means admin.
You also have Windows's deficient documentation system (e.g. you have to type type bcdedit /? for every fucking command separately) and shitty CLI pager that still doesn't fucking allow you to scroll up.
And then there's a complete lack of a method to enumerate commands/executables in your path, so you have to google fucking everything.
I don't know how Windows sysadmins manage to endure this shit on a daily basis.

ITT people have said LTSB version doesn't do feature updates

Did you already forget that:
a. 99% of Windows installs are non-enterprise LTSB?
b. you need a VLSC account to legally install enterprise editions?
c. Microshaft's W10 'upgrade' nagware went from optional, to recommended, to security update (KB3139929)?
d. security updates can still affect your settings and don't tell you what they truly fucking do?

I wouldn't mind the lack of customization if it was good in the first place. It really isn't. Just one example, pics of Explorer related. See the difference? Back in the day there was this very clear separation between each different area, there was contrast. You could get it with a quick glance, you could grab the borders and drag them easily. It was easy on the eyes. But now it's all white, this huge flat bright wasteland. That's not good for usability.

Definition of reliant

:having reliance on something or someone :dependent

My first car was a K-Car like this, it was terrible

Just give us your fucking data already goyim. Only VIRGINS care about privacy. You're not a VIRGIN are you???

found your problem

Someone I know had a 1991 Chrysler New Yorker as their first car. It's based on the 1988 C Platform which was directly derived from the K platform

The platform didn't age terribly well, but I always remember feeling nostalgic sitting in it, the plush seats, shag carpeting, and wood accents all throughout the interior brought me back to being a kid driving hours in the desert in my parents Oldsmobile

My first car was a Honda Civic 4th gen hatchback, great little car to learn to drive in. I learned to drift in that car

That video is Windows 8 fam. tbh Windows 10 updates aren't nearly as obnoxious

eh, i like linux better because

eh, i like linux better because

I just followed guides/scripts I found floating on the web and didn't write down what I did, plus I already handed back the PC, so tough luck.

Nigger gonna nigg

Why do people still fall for this bait?

are they not? afaik you can't even look up if your system is currently downloading updates, or what specific updates for that matter. good luck if you have a small bandwidth and from time to time need all of it.
then theres the problem of windows services having 100% harddisk usage sometimes. you can't even look up what the services are doing. you know why? because you're not in control of your computer.
microsoft support forums are almost as funny as WD nas support forums, in a sad kind of way. they can be a good read when you're bored and need a laugh.

you should be fucking ashamed. not even as a joke is it okay to relativize the kind of trashfire that microsoft windows 10 is.

AFAIK you can still set it to notify you of updates and let you choose when to download and install them (via Group Policy or registry key).

No Pajeet, we don't want to buy your shitware. Please pack up your curry and get the fuck out.

Sorry, I don't like ransomeware.

How about some benchmarks to prove that?
Not sure what you mean by that, Windows 10 has an error every time I shut my computer down
They made the start menu harder to use and replaced Windows search with Cortana.
NTFS is not advanced, ZFS and btrfs is advanced

I used windows 10 since it was first released. After receiving tons of errors, viruses and blue screens I moved to Lubuntu and I have had a much better experience since then.