Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Storytime

Hey, guys, we're back again now that Moon Girl's gotten further along! It's even worse than before!

To bring people up to speed: Back in the day, Jack Kirby had a comic called Moon Boy and Devil Dinosaur. It was a comic about a monkey caveman and his red dinosaur, fighting a group of evil monkeys. This little black girl from the current Marvel timeline managed to bring them accidentally into this timeline right as the evil monkeys killed Moon Boy, and shit ensued. Dinosaur is essentially Clifford the Big Red T-Rex now, an alien prince loves her, and the cavemen ran off to god knows where with no explanation of how they're blending in with modern life. They're just gone. Because we've got more important things to uncover– in the last issue, Luna/Moon Girl was revealed to be the smartest person in the Marvel Universe.
But that must have been obvious already, considering how smart she seems when she tries to tell her teacher that evolution isn't a theory!

Random fight comes out of nowhere, because reasons. It means absolutely nothing and they beat the threat pretty quickly.

NO I REFUSE!!

After having had no issue with being violent since the beginning, suddenly Luna has this giant problem with solving issues violently. Don't ask me why. It's never brought up again, and in the following issue she goes right back to threatening to sic Devil Dinosaur on them.

We also get a look into what seems to be the future, with Luna as an adult. And a fucking Mary Sue that everyone, even the actual smartest man in the Marvel universe, fights over to talk to.

As you can see, the only way to make Luna seem smart is to have the teacher teach her students outright myths as fact. Can't just have her disinterested in school because she knows it all already; the teacher has to be WRONG and DUMB to prove she's TOTALLY SMART.

Oh, also. They just had to bring Thing into this.

People are actually complimenting this shit, by the way. Enough that they're going to be taking letters. This is hell. This is truly hell.

Art style change for a single issue. It's obvious in the next issue this was only done because the typical artist can't draw Thing to save their life.
Luna's gone back to being violent again.

Of course they'll fight. Every superhero meeting involves them fighting each other. But it's also not like anything on a cover pertains to the actual story.

For some reason the new Hulk, who doesn't become an idiot when he goes Hulk, is bothering to argue with Thing.
Also, it seems that the writer is trying to subtly make Thing a strawman for the people who dislike what Marvel's become, but at least it's not as bad and cringy as what they did in Whor.

Also, Doom is sitting around in a truly Snow White scenario. Computer, Computer, on the wall, who's the smartest of the all? And why the fuck would it say Luna just because she solved one puzzle? Smarts doesn't work that way.

How did DD even do that with the trash can?

Luna spends the entire fight saying she's gonna do something to protect Yancy Street and break up the fight, but… Does literally nothing, and they just stop fighting by themselves. Probably because the writer couldn't think of an actual way she could break up the fight.

Doom is still acting like a Disney villain, and next issue, she fucking meets Ironheart.
…Do we have a nickname for that cunt yet?

IronNigger 2.0

It's obvious this writer/artist doesn't give a fuck about continuity. Considering Doom isn't even wearing his armor anymore. Marvel as a whole just doesn't care anymore. They don't even pretend to. This is why you buy indie or foreign works, people.

Smartest person in the Marvel universe cannot actually think of a way to defeat what seems to be a fairly simple enemy.

It's funny because it's clear later that someone pointed out that he shouldn't look like that, so they try to make it a plot point later on, but they fuck up and it just leads to confusion.

Of course. Jesus. I'm glad Holla Forums is back. I needed my daily dose of anger inducers.

That propeller probably had wiring inside it that broke. Duct tape would not have fixed that shit.

In other news, Ironheart thinks that the girl who couldn't even handle a simple enemy should be fine going up against Doom because She's The Smartest There Is!!!

Her mom also has the exact same face as Ironheart. The artist really isn't trying.

They brought Doctor Strange into this.

I fucking hate myself for reading this shit.
On a side note, tiny DD is cute and it would have been a fun if they kept him that size other than when he was needed in a fight. It makes him much easier to handle and it fits with the kiddieness of it all.

Also, in case you didn't forget about how Diverse Marvel is nowadays, here's some stupid kids in Halloween costumes to remind you!!

You would assume that seeing her friends dressed as her and her sidekick dinosaur would make her change her attitude, but she never stops being a cunt in school.
Also, she's kinda dumb for assuming the potion would work on her. Wouldn't it have been more like an antidote that made the magic wear off rather than being a growing potion? She would have wasted it.
Also, it's not like she'd be stronger anyway. What would turning big and trying to throw fists even do? Come on, now.

No explanation for why the potion only worked for a short period of time.
Also, they brought the Xmen into this.

People actually like this shit.

It's nothing but everyone acting like this dumb cunt is the fucking messiah while she has no clue what the hell she's doing. This is beyond amateur.

The girl who is supposed to be the smartest, but can't even explain why she's smart… and they go ahead and just skip the formalities and write fanfiction about their own shitty character where it's the future and the retard nigglet went and resurrected bunch of dead geniuses and they all suck up to her and tell her how she's so smart and great at everything and how she made everything perfect.

This isn't a superhero comic.. it's fucking Mary sue Fanfiction.

Iron Cum Dumpster.

I think Wolverine only has his claws out so normalfags know he's Wolverine.

She's only good for painful angry sex.

You're probably right, honestly. Even though Logan did just come out.

First pic is probably the worst-drawn page I've seen in this whole series so fucking far.
They've demoted Wolverine into talking about how he's wearing underwear that's at least a decade old.
And for some reason, only Wolverine recognizes the old costumes they're wearing and is able to tell they're in the 80s. Somehow.

If Moon Girl has no clue what to do, can we finally just admit she's not the Smartest There Is? Like, please?
Please?

Reading the page where Wolverine tears off Doom's head makes me want to kill myself.

They let the fucking 9-year-old that can't handle herself keep the talking Doom head. Because she's got a dinosaur.
Also, I've noticed with these letters… They try to make it seem like they get more than they do by spacing out the letters with large paragraphs of text from three different people working on the comic answering each question. Clearly they don't seem to get a lot of fanmail. Also, someone actually named their kid Pearl.

Now that we're up-to-date, let's say what can be done to fix the series and make it interesting.

If Luna was only still in the grade she was because she refused to apply herself because she was that bored of it all, never bothering to do homework, rather than it being everyone else's fault, it would be interesting. Rather than her somehow being late and not being able to get a spot in the gifted student program every fucking year for years in a row, make it a problem of hers where she just doesn't care.

Next, focus Luna on the small-term. No being the smartest, no fighting Doom. No. She's just a kid that keeps Yancy Street safe. She's a little league superhero and a well-known super on her block that everyone loves because of it. She fights only other kids, including people like Kree or just average bullies, with her main rival being the Killer Folk.

Next, make her humble. She's cocky and annoying at first, but she thinks she's better and smarter than anyone else and tries to go big-time. You can do this by having her meet one of the real geniuses in the Marvel universe, with them seeing their child selves in her. She gets taken under their wing and gets to abandon her public school to work and learn under them instead, and is finally LEARNING things from someone. She thinks she's better than she is and tries to do his job fighting a Big Bad for once, but fails miserably and ends up getting overwhelmed, which puts her back in her place.

Eventually she can grow up and become an important adult Superhero in the Marvel universe, but she can't just be The Smartest!!!! from the get-go. Apparently the writers are so inept that they don't know that, though.

Alright, that's enough.

I'vr seen faggots telling everyone that this little shit is actually good when handled by her main author, and all that, "b-b-but user, she gets way better as the series goes along! Honest!" diatribe, but everything up to and including that last page has told me all I neef to know about this character: She's an insufferable little cunt who Marvel ran with being the smartest retard in the ballpit to shit all over their pre-established universe.

Everything about this twat is annoying, and this kids-are-smarter bullshit is just plain insulting. Intelligence is further compiled through age and life experiences, and to say this ugly little niglet is not only smarter than a guy luke Reed Richards, but also has absolutely every guy in Marvel clamouring over here is really stretching the Wesley Crusher concept.

If they don't kill her off or write her out as a mongoloid with as much extreme wish-fulfillment needs as her creator, this won't get any better.

That's not that bad, I knew someone who named their child Ryatt (Riot).

We can talk for ages about shitty names.
I met a woman who named her kids 'Wolfen' and 'Loola'.
I also had a class once with some black guy with a name that sounded like 'Chedder-berry.'

Pearl is a decent name for a girl. It's an actual thing and it's spelled right. If you think that's a bad name you've not seen shit.

Thanks user

I fucking hate genius characters. They are always written as these little cunts with hugely inflated egos whose IQ gives them logic-defiying powers with no explanation whatsoever. They are so badly written I immediately drop any work of fiction with "genius" characters.
Geniuses often tend to be these weird fucks who do weird and somewhat interesting (albeit probably useless) stuff that seems to make sense when they explain it, but not always. Sometimes it's because it completely passes over your head, but most often than not it's that their head is so up in their asses they may not realize they are mad men rambling. Not all geniuses are these nerdy cunts with classy tastes and punchable faces, sometimes they are normal people with a gift. Not all geniuses are good at everything, some just are good at one or two fields. Most geniuses end up being these sad fucks with at least one kind of drug addiction who achieve nothing in their lives because they became high school dropouts (they end up failing most subjects because they are bored of how pointless and restrictive most of the stuff they teach there feels). But most importantly, not even geniuses can make lightning breakthroughs in any engineering field alone. They need more people, but more importantly, time. It baffles me how fucking clueless writers seem to be about this; you kind of can make quick breakthroughs in maths, but the real world is different, and every project that has to deal with reality's pseudorandomness requires an absurd amount of tests, and testing takes time. Bonus points if it's a gadget, in which case it requires time AND lots of money.

tl;dr stop treating IQ like science powerlevel, you lazy writer fucks

This is beyond retarded.

Well, evolution is a scientific theory, which is a very different thing from what the average person thinks of when they think of the word theory. There are a bunch of really fucking stupid people out there who find out that evolution isn't considered an absolutely, objective truth simply because that's how science fucking works; it acknowledges that we aren't omniscient and that we can be mistaken.

That said, seeing as we can see how living beings pass on traits to their offspring and that simple logic tells us that the particular ones that both survive and create offspring will spread their traits better than those that don't, it's pretty fucking clear that evolution or at least something similar to it is a thing.

As for the comic, one look at it tells me that it's poorly written, poorly drawn and SJW garbage.

Yeah, that's the idea that was behind her saying it's not a theory.
The problem is, her teacher had only asked her to explain 'the theory of evolution.'

Sooo this comic is actually a crossover series.

I think I get it now. I thought the Marvel girl crossover at the start was an attempt to boost her ratings, but apparently Lunella is just a filmsy-written vehicle to have as many Marvel characters interacting with each other.

Well, Ill give her one thing – she knows when not to talk, and her teacher knows how to bully.

Honestly I would've gone with Iron Maiden. Seems the most obvious choice.

Who the hell does this girl think she is?

I have never met a character as unlikeable as Moon Girl (Actually I probably have but she ranks up pretty high). Arrogant, Unkind to those 'not as smart', petulant, bratty. Yet she's always written as a person who's always misunderstood. It's like the writer took the entire 'oh smart people always get frustrated by less smart' people thing and made an annoying character in the process.

Heck, even Dr Doom being annoyed at not being labelled the smartest man in the world is reasonable. One puzzle alone shouldn't determine a person's smartness. Moon Girl has 0 feats, compared to Dr 'I run a country, and battle toe to toe with most superheroes' Doom

I've been calling her Iron Negress since I discovered her existence.

looks an awful lot like fucking squirrel girl

Cancer

Designs a face plate that has to be manually removed from the main helmet to open up.

You can't have that because that's an actual issue for children with IQs 150 and above. We can't have actual issues in nuMarvel, what do you think this is? A good book??

**I once played mentor for a kid with an IQ around 190, poor kid tried to kill himself twice and was held back a grade due to not doing any of the work. I was contacted by the kid's therapist after the kid had assaulted a teacher. She had given him a D on a Math test even though he got everything right… because she couldn't actually read most of his answers. His penmanship was Pre-K level. He was 9.

Eventually managed to get him interested in reading and discussing PhD level philosophy and literature (he fucking loved Dostoevsky). Worked on his penmanship, it got legible but never good, getting him to sit down and actually write lines remains one of the hardest jobs I've ever had and I wasn't even paid. I had to take him to others for the math & science shit but it seemed like it was going well. Last I heard he's still alive, passing his classes and not trying to kill himself, so win, but it was touch-and-go throughout his puberty.

And all these issues could make for a very interesting comic book but, yeah we won't get that.**

That's probably the biggest issue with this book, there's no build up. She hasn't earned a damn thing. Gifts just keep getting thrown at her and established superheroes, guys who've earned their reputation, are amazed at her for… doing jack all. It's to the point that if they DIDN'T keep reminding me she was supposed to be the smartest in the universe I would assume she was severely retarded and everyone else in the story was impressed she didn't drown in a puddle ages ago.

It's just another example of a problem endemic to contemporary Marvel, they introduce these new characters, and yes, a new character will sell worse than established ones, which is solved eventually by establishing them. But Marvel doesn't have the patience to establish a rogue's gallery or a character before throwing in a big name to drive sales.

Also, isn't Doom supposed to be an Iron Man right now? Did that get thrown out?

Notice how they jumped her from "foolish college student who built a ramshackle powersuit out of stolen parts" to "fullblown superhero that everyone recognizes and is completely normal and accepted, oh and also she's a super genius who does super smart genius science stuff on the fly"?

They essentially skipped straight to the part where we're supposed to accept that this character is an integrated and intricately woven-in aspect of the Marvel universe. They did such a shit job releasing her books that they literally had to toss her into Civil War 2 and have her introduce herself as "Hi, I'm the new IronNigger. I'm here too!" because no one was buying her books in the first place.

I knew the black guy in my church called Magnus. That is such a badass name.

^
This

Isn't that how all Marvel Comics are now!

ZIMBABEW!!!

A genius kid going through puberty.YEEESH!

Insomnia as a side effect of his intelligence and mood swings caused by puberty was the worst part. Made me anxious that I'd miss a phone call in the middle of the night. we made a contract that he had to call me before he killed himself.

I checked, not the same artist. This is just a style now I guess?

Evolution is a great theory.

Maybe it would help if writers attempting to write a character as smart were smart themselves?

Hey user, you're a good person for helping that kid. Just in case nobody said that to you yet.

Shit you don't even have to be super smart. Just do some fucking research into how actual living geniuses lived and what their conflicts in life were. I think 99% of comics problems today could be solved by researching topics before you write about them. Shitting out books with no forethought and absolutely no idea what you're talking about is a recipe for disaster.

Wow, that sounds rough man. You truly are a good person I don't I'd be able to handle that.

Marvel…must be DESTROYED

To be honest, the premise doesn't sound so bad until the "SMARTEST GIRL" part, it just seems like it was terribly.

Wait wasn't Liam Neeson Ra's?

I went to high school with an Aquanetta.

Yes, ken watanabe was just his double.

Ah. Got it. I'll admit it, I feel asleep during the movie when I saw it in theaters.

The whole child genius thing was done better in artemis fowl

Unlike moon girl, he is insanely smart and doesn't feel mary-sue like because he (apart from maybe the last part) doesn't pull anything out of his ass, and his victories feel deserved.

But Watanabe's the one who says that line, and his delivery is hilarious.

I know. That's not where my confusion comes from.

doesn't it seem racist to them to replace a literal monkey with a black girl?

That's the best thing about the whole damn comic.

That reminds me, nobody likes to talk about it now, but Tony Stark was regressed to a kid for a while, how was he handled in the writing?

the whole thing was such a shitshow that it's hard to even tease it out. (I'm assuming you mean Teen Tony.) IIRC he was still just Tony Stark.

No one likes it. No one sane.

Decided to do some shitty sketches. I dunno, there's not enough OC on here, maybe you guys would appreciate it. No bully pls

Ya did good.

Nice.

…Waaaiiiit a minute. What if this mentoring came up because Yancy Street almost became a casualty of Reed's feud with Doom? She was so inconsequential that the latter barely acknowledges her existence. An ant caught in a battle of giants.

I don't know why,but seeing her mad about getting an F makes me smile.Maybe its the face she makes.

You could choose a mentor that is wiser than her.

If we wanna throw in the current HGeroics not Destruction Derby angle, she Woulsnt side with Reed Because of their wrecking ball brawls. Drama!

I'm not going to say you wasted your time, user, but…

It would have been better spent drawing angry user brutally beating Moon Girl to death

Pretty good, user. Now make her not a niglet.

raping moon girl to death

I was always ugly.

You cuties are lucky

What Lunella needs is for people to stop sucking her prepubscent clit and treat her like the child she is.

Being a genius doesn't mean she's magically more mature or more capable of handling her emotions or somehow more focused and rational and capable than a child. She's still a fucking idiot, she just has the potential to do amazing things.

They want a book that's good and encouraging for little kids? Give her a fucking mentor who sticks around and tells her "hey, don't go running around trying to fight supervillains with toys. Your gadgets are cool, but you aren't superhuman. Flying down a hill on rocket skates could shattered every bone in your body and spill your perfect inhuman brain across the pavement."

Have the stories be about growing up and grappling with responsibility and humility. Have her learn how to talk to be people instead of being an angry 10 year old spaz who is angry that everyone treats her like a 10 year old.

The reason the X-men, and Spider-Man, and even Superman resonate so well with people is because they had to suffer and struggle and learn to use their powers as young kids. Some of them suffered huge losses because they were immature and irresponsible. That's Spidey's whole gimmick!

Having a character that has to constantly kick and scream about how she's so damned smart and then letting her get her way every issue is fucking dumb. Whiny SJW types might pretend this is a racism or sexism thing, but that's because they are mentally stunted adult-children themselves. They don't get that they aren't owed the trust and respect and responsibility of other people who have proved themselves.

People don't like Moon Girl because she's a shit character who hasn't earned her place in the Marvel universe, and it's made worse by the way they are aggressively trying to force her to the top of the shit-heap, like we just have to accept her, because they say so.

Not bad, user.

I heard the later books got worse. I take it the early ones are good? I unfortunately never read it due to that whole YA novel craze turned me off. Out of all of them it seemed pretty good.

he should draw her being headpatted into submission

Yes. It becomes almost cartoonish.

Artemis does a complete 180, One villain keeps coming back over and over. After the 3rd book (eternity code) you're better off dropping the book entirely.

Less character development and more 'Artemis and his Whacky adventures XD'

BITCH IS GOING TO GET THEM ALL KILLED BY ARISHEM THE JUDGE. HE IS GOING TO PRESS HIS THUMB ON THEIR WORLD AND END EVERYTHING.

He just fucking guesses that taking sleeping pills will cause himself to slip out of a fairy's time-suspension field.

isnt that hahaha panel like a joker thing?

Yeah it reminds me of the Killing Joke a bit.

Yeah, that was the last part I was talking about. It was implied earlier on in the book but he mostly guessed.

No, Anthony Horowitz is the asspull king. Have you ever read an Alex Rider book before?

Thought he tested that out on his mother somehow.

This is actually a really good fucking point and it does a great job of illustrating why Marvel's worldbuilding and continuity is utter bullshit.

Marvel keeps hiring faggots who don't actually like comics or who only know them in some limited, passing capacity. Comics like Moon Girl try so hard to be just like the real world, but the Marvel Universe isn't like our world. They spent decades explaining how the cosmic forces created everything and how there are literally giant living Gods out in space, and how the fabric of reality doesn't work the same because there are about a few dozen reality warpers hanging around… But Marvel wants to have an allegory about racism or some shit, so they trot out Moon Girl and have her spew pseudo-intellectual shit about evolution.

This is a world that should be completely unlike ours. They have technology and resources that do not exist in our world. Their history is not our history. Civil War 2 started with a fucking Celestial showing up in New York, for fuck's sake. The world knows these things exist. The smartest minds and leaders of the world know these things exist and prepare defensive measures against them. These books are no place real world issues and "ripped from the headlines!" writing. Allegory, maybe.. But for the smartest girl in the world to be rattling on about evolution when it's been well-established that 1) she goes out of her way to learn things she shouldn't and 2) that the universe is governed by forces that will sometimes literally show up on your doorstep and tamper with the goddamned gene pool.

I think a lot of this can be attributed to the "pseudo slice-of-life" fad that's been circulating in mainstream comics since 2012.

It's another product stolen from the alternative scene that the Big Two scooped up and milked to death.

SJW: Evolution is real but races not!

SJW: All races are equal, but blacks are supreme genetics!

I'm sorry, you'll need someone else to edit the eyes in if needed.

lmao, why tho?

Black people are mostly the same guys cloned over and over, this is why women love Black guys, not a single specific black guy, they can get any other random Negro and the experience is the same, better than any white guy, but extremely similar to the previous Negro.

I can tell the difference between place people, asians too, though to a lesser extent because of all that plastic surgery

where's the porn at, user?

Shit, I wasn't gonna do it, but I got time. Here's some more shitty doodles.

is that why most of the rare genetic diseases I've seen are suffered by white people mostly?

Bumping because there's gonna be a new issue in a few days I figured I'd storytime as well.

Dicks were wasted.

They could've easily made it entertaining.

Didn't they kill off the Celestials after the patchwork Planet Doom?

You are the hero Holla Forums needs, but not the hero is deserves.

if by white people you mean jews

someone post the edit. you know which one

That li'l Beta Ray Bill is super cute

I forgot in which comic your pic happens, i think i read the issue it happened but i have difficulty remembering things

Jesus Christ, why do people save that shit? Eye color is a fucking shit indicator for genetic diversity as the color of an iris is determined by the amount of melanin concentrated. That's why albinos have red eyes, because they lack any pigmentation and you're seeing the blood vessels. Dark irises are ideal for ethnic groups living in the geographical tropics, or anywhere where there is much sunlight, because it protects the eyes from UV light. Furthermore, the gene pool in Africa is so vast, that Africans are more closely related to Europeans and Asians than they are to other Africans as indicated in the PDF.

The final vol of the Miniseries; Thor and the Warriors Four.

I highly even doubt Satan approved of this shit.

Alright guys, bumping. There's a new chapter. Give me a moment and we'll get started.

Which one?

Kid Kree as well as the Killer Folk (aka the best part of the series) are back!
Don't bother to wonder how the fuck the Killer Folk managed to get what looks to be a nice studio apartment. Or video games. I doubt we'll be given an explanation.

Moon Girl confirmed for… Were-dinosaur?
This is the stupidest thing yet. Especially given that I swear to god there were times in the past where she changed bodies during the middle of the day.

I wonder if there's actually other people criticizing Moon Girl for how shit it is? I haven't really seen anyone. Or maybe the writer's been snooping around and saw some of these complaints…?

Also, I wish she'd stop talking about how smart she is. How many times already has she reminded the reader that she's the SMARTEST THERE IS?

A few of these pages look really terribly done, really rushed.
Just like this stupid moral they're shoving in there.

Fifteen pages in and that one panel of the Killer Folk just standing around is BY FAR the most interesting thing in this comic. Look at them! Look how fun they are! Don't you wish this comic was about a neanderthal street gang rather than the boring bullshit that's actually happening?

TOPKEK

America and moongirl have the same nonsense storytelling. The stories seem more like personal proyections and narcissistic fantasies. Characters never exposed to "real" danger.

-No one can debate/challenge them
-Strongest or smartest without showing it.
-No real intro to their lives.
-There are no real fights.
-Other characters waste to many time praising them.
-No explanation for actions.
-Main character looks others as lower/unimpressive.
-mistakes dont have effects or quickly resolved.

Looks to me more like mind masturbation for the creators. Cant understand how this shit gets approved.

Because writing is becoming as much a lost art as the drawing.

That's some pretty profound shit. Would be great in a story.

There is some REALLY lazily-drawn art here, not much better than webcomics quality. No wonder the artist is getting paid shit for this.

There's one killer folk in the corner.
Teaming up with your first badguy to take on a bigger rival is a good story. It needs more buildup than what this shitshow has. Unlike in this where the killer folk just kind of disappear. From the story until the hero threatens their idol.

The moral is complete bullshit. I don't recall her ever actually connecting with a person. I don't recall her ever connecting with fucking devil dino. She's suppposed be his sidekick! When was the last time she did anything for him?

Her fucking genius plan was to call in backup when the doombots showed up. I guess all the other heroes would take them on by themselves?

As an aside it frustrates me how she's being praised for being wise by Dr. Strange. The whole attack is ultimately her fault for keeping the bothead in her secret lair.

Don't you fucking lie to me. The target audience for comics don't even buy comics, and you're telling me this book somehow managed to attract an audience of nothing but 10 year olds and young who also happen to love all the other diverse heroes like Chink Hulk?

Nice fucking try, but you can't ruse me.

Genius could be done really well if writers stopped acting like Geniuses know all things ever made in all fields.

Like, why not have a superhero whose a genius in biology. He knows a lot about the human body and the bodies of animals/aliens/metahumans, but he doesn't have a knowledge of physics to accompany that.
Or have a guy who is a genius in physics and can set up his fights to accommodate this, but he doesn't have any mechanical knowledge so he can't apply it too well. Give them weaknesses.

Comic book scientists. Like how Hank Pym is an entomologist, and he ended up building robots.

It's surprising they paid a white girl to do it.

Too cute. Is there more?

If there is, I don't have anymore.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it possible if only for the fact that kids are little idiots, with some moreso than others. You ever seen them try to design heroes? They'll most often try to make guys who somehow have every goddamn superpower, are loved by everyone and basically as Mary-sue-ish as they get.
You give a child some Mary-sue character presented 'in the right way' and they're gonna fall head over heels for it. Add to that, parents supporting 'muh diversity', and congratulations! A nine year old retard loves Moon Girl.

W-why am I turned on by Miss Marvel like this?

cause she's cute in the pics

Because she ain't half bad looking when drawn by someone outside of Marvel.

Stop! My kaffir heart can't take this heresy.

Because she's pure and she's tan.

Can't be pure if they have her spouting Tumbler shit.

wadd?

She's just waiting for a white man to set her straight.

I heard somewhere that they offer the Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur comics at those book fairs that schools tend to have, and that's where a lot of her sales tend to come from.

That would explain the Scholastic connection.

Hank Pym was a good attempt at it. I love Hank Pym and despite him being a super-genius, they made up for that by having him make poor choices constantly because he's a fucking idiot in that regard. They gave him flaws and they really fuckin hammered them home.

That actually explains a whole lot. I wonder how many of their other comics are actually sold at grade school book fairs, or if they've just made the asinine excuse that Moon Girl and Champions and Ms. Muslim are "aimed at younger audiences" or something.

Normally I love some good cringe comic threads, Squirrelgirl, Hellcat, Champions.
But this shit is so preachy and boring I just can not get through more then 5 or so pages without losing focus and doing something else.
Is this how they want to win the war? By making it so soulcrushingly awful you can't even make fun of it anymore?

There was a newspaper comic called Winky Ryatt.

The only comic that was sold at scholastic book fair that I remember was Bones.

Oh yeah. Man I remember getting the first volume of that at a book fair like 14 years ago and then getting the rest from a library. Might've been the first comic I ever read.