Ok, I'm done

ok, I'm done.

I've tried to install every fucking version of windows in this piece of shit machine, since XP to 10, and the audio stop working after some days of installing.

I need to make my shitty gay music, but I'm lost over how is the linux setup.

What software do linux have that can compete with FL studio.

Pls not wine crap, I'm tired of dealing with trying to make windows music apps work on linux, and they stop working, have bugs, crashes, VST doesn't work, etc.

I'm looking towards making realistic instruments on linux, maybe some orchestral work, but I want to know if there's any linux orchestra free library that can compete with the 50 GB windows sample libraries.

Any good replacement in linux for autotune and melodyne?

Other urls found in this thread:

milkytracker.titandemo.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

learn how to make your own fl studio replacement

Can you stop your autistic screeching for a bit and provide us with your specs? Specifically the sound card and which drivers you're attempting to install. It's fine to want to switch to Linux, but try to at least understand the issue you're having right now. Also, there's nothing on Linux that can compare to FL Studio when it comes to ease of use.

I dunno bro, I don't think is a hardware issue, since the audio works in linux just fine.

MilkyTracker
milkytracker.titandemo.org/

You don't deserve GNU/Linux. Go buy a macbook or something.

that's a problem with linux retards.

At least drawfaggots have david revoy doing art with linux.
and 3D fags have blender movies done with blender.

But I'm not aware of some famous musician using FOSS linux software.

Never said it was. Just need something to start with. Have you at least tried a basic search for "$brand $model sound missing windows"?

how do I find the audio card model name on linux?

LMMS or Ardour. Whatever suits you.

most distros ship shitty kernels that stutter on and during audio anything. latency is big thanks to systemd.

Not Pulseaudio?

Launch "alsamixer" from your terminal and check the Chip info. Also like said, if you want to stick to Linux, chances are you're gonna have to use a distro tailored toward musicians.

realktek ALC888

It seems the latest drivers are for windows vista.

there's a distro for music production. look it up on distrowatch, there are several others but they aren't included on dwatch yet. the thing is they're mainly for music production alone, also remember there's also another one with premium software bundled in it (paid and needs activation) but looks decent. Most of them don't have systemd and pulse yet.

fuck. I have to sleep

LMMS

Dual boot a distro of your choice with Windows and try to replicate the sound bug on the latter again. Then start checking what is working (Realtek Manager/driver/e.t.c.), what is not and poke for solutions. For example, reinstalling from scratch or testing drivers from either Realtek itself or Microsoft. As a side note, my sound disappears whenever I boot into Windows from a Linux reboot instead of a complete shutdown. So look out for that potentially.

Having both systems will give you more tools to work with, giving you a fallback on the system you're used to should you fuck something up on Linux.

audio sounds fine on linux.

OP here.

Installed windows, audio worked fine, rebooted, audio stopped working, installed realtek drivers, they didn't work.

Do NOT install Linux. Linux audio almost never works correctly.

works on my machine :^)

install pulseaudio and it will just work

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!>>823069

Yes I'm sure OP wants to maximize latency for no reason instead of using jack like any other linux musician.

install windows 3.1

Install macOS. It has all the sexy tools for music, and more.

installed as in not in a vm? if you can't even get it to work in windows, why would you bother with linux? not trying to be smug, you are doing yourself a disservice. just dual boot windows and use it for nothing but making music. the DAWs are all on windows anyway and running them through a vm probably results in way worse latency, which is a guess though.

Specify which Windows you've got currently, whether you have a Linux installed along with it. At least we've narrowed down that your sound is gone after rebooting - so that's what you should be querying your search engine for.

I would suggest starting with easy-tier tech support steps. Checking the status of your playback devices, driver status. The more you know about the audio setup when it stopped working, the easier it will be to solve the problem.