FUCK FIREFOX 57

Welp, the maniacs finally did it just like they promised they would. So many good addons ded. The end of an era.
F

I guess I'll roll back.
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/56.0.2/linux-x86_64/en-US/

Other urls found in this thread:

trisquel.info/fr/forum/chromium-unconditionally-downloads-binary-blob
iridiumbrowser.de/
youtube.com/watch?v=xoleKJgU4zY
github
github.com/browserhtml/browserhtml
hacks.mozilla.org/2017/08/inside-a-super-fast-css-engine-quantum-css-aka-stylo/
testdrive-archive.azurewebsites.net/performance/mazesolver/default.html
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/57.0/
wiki.gnome.org/Projects/WebKitGtk/ProgrammingGuide/Tutorial
netsurf-browser.org/projects/
addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
foxnews.com/tech/2017/10/10/mozilla-gave-100000-to-secure-email-platform-harnessed-by-anti-fascist-groups.html
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/10/03/mozilla-awards-half-million-open-source-projects/
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/57.0b3/
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/57.0b4/
blocked.cdn.mozilla.net/
addons.mozilla.org/es/android/addon/dafizilla-viewsourcewith/
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases
wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing
jwz.org/blog/2012/04/why-i-use-safari-instead-of-firefox/
github.com/JustOff/moon-pdf-viewer
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/candidates/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1421535
wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_57/Test_Plan#57.0.1_Release_Candidate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's your problem.

Heh. What do you suggest user, Chrome?

One thing I just realized those (((crafty))) little bastards are just here to help us goysguys out is all. If you don't set the auto update off first (pic1), then they will helpfully ensure you're downloaded version 56 image gets stamped out back into version 57 when you restart (pic2). If you switch auto update off though, then you would have to choose first to do the update (pic3). Also, be sure to uninstall it from you're system first as well using you're software manager if you don't want that copy to automatically "help you out" with version 57.

Safari.

lolnewp.

Works wonderfully. The only reason you use Firefox is because it's free (you don't audit the code), and well, you get what you pay for.

I used SJWfox because it was the true hacker's browser and established many great traditions. I have thousands of dollars in disposable income I could buy just about any commodity tech I choose. I used Firefox simply because it was the best before the purplehair tokens and faggots were accommodated at cuckzilla. It's now officially trash.

Theres no other alternative really, to Chrome family and Webkit based. Safari is of course the browser of the elite, but perhaps Konqueror would work for you. Otherwise I guess go with a de-googled chromium one.

They killed off self-destructing cookies, so I really want to get a new browser.

What do you anons suggest? I looked at Opera again, but most of the extensions seem to be dead or useless.

Firefox is still a true hacker's browser. The source code is right there for you to hack, it's always been like this since day 1.

And now the requirements for a browser are so extensive, that it really requires a significant investment to make something worth using. I'm sure Mozilla will acquiesce soon, and then Firefox can achieve its final form as a chromium shell.

Waterfox is pretty comfy so far, and the guy developing it intends to keep XUL/XPCOM addons.

Cookie AutoDelete is not bad, you know

You deserve it, nigger

Waterfox is your best option. It's a Mozilla-free fork of Firefox.

but then he couldn't fit in by complaining about how everything is going to shit.

jumped from firefox to waterfox when they announced the whole muh fake news shit.

But how's that gonna work? I don't think most original devs will keep up for a smaller browser, and as much as someone picks some of them up, ultimately they're all gonna be pretty unusable or terribly insecure in a couple of months?

it's going to kill them anyway. nobody is going to invest time in the old XUL when only fringe browsers still support it. all add-ons will switch and the one's that don't are unmaintained anyway. it's cool their keeping it for compatibility but it's usefulness will diminish quickly until it's just bloat.

yeah, pretty much what I was thinking. I do believe one of those countless internet freedom foundations, who receive lots and lots of shekels, could have stepped in and released a version of some classical privacy suite addons. A lot of stuff that died was recommended on pretty much all their websites.

Did you know you can still run the old addons in FF57? All you have to do is change a FF configuration setting.

Where? ASAIK they removed that option in 57 and even you can't even install the addon that brought it back.

What would be the point? What was being said is precisely that, no matter what, the popularity of those old addons would fall so hard that devs will abandon them anyway. A lot of them even declared this explicitly.

It's dead. And soon it will be injecting "fact" checking into chan threads. Start seriously planning on maintaining either a fork of Firefox or Chromium.

about:config - extensions.legacy.enabled

does not delete html5 local storage

Only works in nightly ff57, at least it spits in the face of the shills and their redditor believers saying that "Quantum would not have been possible without disabling xul extensions".

Thanks for the recommendation, it feels at home.

Sadly the people behind addons I like are very disappointed with firefox so I could see those same addons losing support in the future.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it actually got to that point, honestly. At this point, I still believe they'd put some form of optout. Doesn't fix how shitty it is, but at least gives some chance for us until someone is fed up enough to work on a real new alternative.

You fucking autists, XUL addons were insecure, they were a bad choice and should have been replaced with a better alternative a long time ago. Deal with it. That's one of the only sane choices firefox devs chose in the last couple of years.
Which addons aren't ported yet?

How bad of an idea is switching to Vivaldi?

Not that bad, it has about the same functionality as ff57, though I would not use it because it is proprietary.

You could've prevented this.

When the Stallman kicks in, hard.

What's been killed? Is Classic Theme Restorer dead?

Everyones favorite browser palememe has XUL support

Fuck firefox 57 with a rusty knife.

I use firefox 52 and everything works

Waiting patiently for Palemoon for macfags. Waterfox is good, but will eventually have to follow Firefucks' path to destruction.

uBlock works, Tab Center and Session Manager are nearly ported. You don't need anything else.

haha, okay, Shlomo

Does anyone here have any thoughts on the brave browser?

Not sure if you've been living under a rock or you're a shill

Browser wise been living under a rock. and no its not you can adds that can pay to be let through, you can opt to pay when you block ads.

as in compensate the site for lost revenue if you want to support the site.

If you ever did more than 0.2 picoseconds of research you'd know that a lot of the addons cannot be ported because of the shitty restrictive WE API.

Should be a good day for Furry Meme. Hope they had their servers upgraded.

Firefox has been shit for YEARS. If you're not using un-googled Chromium or Palemoon then you need to fucking crawl out from under your rock. Firefox is not the trendy alternative browser for tech savvy people anymore. Firefox is an SJW marxist operation.

trisquel.info/fr/forum/chromium-unconditionally-downloads-binary-blob
And the palemoon dev is a totalitarian or is shekels are controlled by the merchants.

Firefox isn't the SJW marxist Mozilla is.
If you don't want to support them (or send data to whoknowwho) install Icecat.

jewgle's response to that one was great.

has anyone tried iridium?
iridiumbrowser.de/

it's supposed to be a secure/privacy fork or something but i've always gotten a vibe that I trust these people less than google for some reason.

Icecat isn't going to maintain the legacy XUL extensions,

True
Icecat only remove the botnet parts that Mozilla/google adds in the browser.

THE ABSOLUTE STATE

Culturally enriched with powerful SorosTechâ„¢. Enroll today!

The whole point is that you can't "un-google" Chromium.

Rolled back to 56.0.2 after 57 and disabled updates, no Classic Theme Restorer is a instant intothetrashitgoes.jpg for me.

Speaking of CTR, can I remove this godawful fog from my tabs somehow? The Fantastic Adventures of Gondola series is pretty cool too: youtube.com/watch?v=xoleKJgU4zY

Kill yourself

fuck off

Even cripplekike supports palememe now

Did they delete the old add-ons?

Interesting thanks user. On Pale Moon now tbh.

What does he even do nowdays?

Last I heard he had fallen so hard for the drugs that he couldn't get employed anywhere except at local Filipino brothel in bull prepping work.

not here to guide us

just a random thought I'm going to play with, but how hard would it really be to write your own browser using something like qtwebengine?

the work is already done, your just wrapping a front-end around it. the code would be readable, extentions could be implemented as a simple browser->(html to stdin or file or something)->run extension, executable, python, whatever with that as input -> (html to stdout or file or something) -> browser. chain for multiple extensions.

in my mind it doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult. it's just another library.

Every time one of these threads come up I always think the same thing, maybe I'll write an html parser/renderer to get an idea of how hard it would be. Anyway, for a single dev, I it would be pretty hard. Qtwebengine would take out a significant portion of the work that would need to be done (it's a bunch of stripped chromium code), but it would still take a lot of time and commitment to get something you would want to use out of it.

His spirit lives on as ham though. Eat more of the white meat to connect with him tbh.

A html parser/compiler is easy. Rendering is even easier with modern GUI toolkits. CSS is where it starts to get complicated.

Quantum is just branding and a retarded flat interface. Was using multithreading with xul extensions for at least a few versions before quantum with no issues whatsoever.

Anyways it's Waterfox for me now but in the end this is going to fuck everybody over even if we switch. The xul addons will not be maintained.

Pale Moon supports them, and fwiw Moon Child has explicitly stated he will not remove them from the browser.

i don't understand this add-on security meme. just like with software, if you don't trust the software, don't fucking install it. the add-on should have full power to do literally anything. if you don't trust the binary blob, don't install the binary blob and use an open source add-on instead.
what's stopping a browser from doing something like this

browser->html->addon->html->browser
where the add-on could literally be compiled code written in whatever the fuck you want, taking html for an input and outputting the modified html.

But does Pale Moon support multithreading? I'm not going to lie, that feature made Firefox a shit ton better until they decided to say that you could only have multithreading OR XUL.

github .com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/tree/develop

Quantum was not the reason for deprecated XUL addons. Neither was Electrolysis. The reason is that XUL is dogshit, security problems abound, and it was slow as fuck. Firefox will keep getting faster once especially once they finally get rid of XUL internally.
Everything firefox is doing has a precedent in an experiment from servo. In effect, they're taking the good parts and rewriting the browser from the ground up. Getting rid of XUL internally seems to be their ultimate plan, considering github.com/browserhtml/browserhtml

I can tell that you're a windows user. Quantum has nothing to do with the interface. Quantum is Stylo CSS, an experiment that originated in the Servo browser.

Wrong. I am a linux user. My introduction to Quantum was to open my current 56, open one tab, browse for a minute, open another tab with another site, it immediately crashes and I get the mozilla crash data collection window. Close that and reopen Firefox and get presented with that Microsoft Edge looking abortion. Checked out the addons, yup 50% gone, closed it, installed Waterfox and copied entire profile over.

Writing a front-end for a rendering engine is trivial. Writing the rendering engine itself is an 8th wonder of the world where Chrome has more LoC than an entire Debian distribution in 2002.

Also it's pretty hard for you tell me that Quantum has nothing to do with the fucking interface. If anything it's a fucking branding campaign that they thought would be better than calling it "Firefox 57". But it quite literally changed how everything looked to a flat abortion (while also killing my tabs on top, added bonus).

I'm not wrong then, you're just retarded. I don't even understand where you retards are getting "flat interface"from. It looks the same in gtk as it did before. There's no changes to the interface. A slice change to the icons, that's it.
No, Firefox "Quantum" is literally meant to reference the fact that they have a new CSS engine that is 4x the speed of Chrome's and with more gains to be made.
hacks.mozilla.org/2017/08/inside-a-super-fast-css-engine-quantum-css-aka-stylo/
Fuck off, you subhuman nigger.

Does this look the same to you, you sack of shit?

Oh, ok, so we've come full circle. After autists whining for years about how they removed the rectangle tabs and replaced them with rounded tabs, now autists are complaining that they went back to the old design.
Like pottery.
By the way nigger, I'm not a retard that uses the tab bar, I use tree style tabs, so I had no way of knowing what the fuck you were talking about.
But now that I know, this design was how they had it before the "Australis" theme. So, you're bitching about how they reverted to the previous design after autists like yourself bitched about a previous change years ago away from the design.

I'm not an "austist like you" and you can't put words in my mouth you cocksucker. I never bitched about past UI changes and if I did, wouldn't I be using Pale Moon already? And I never remember firefox looking like the bottom Microsoft Edge inspired abortion.

You seem to have a lot invested in defending Mozilla here. I'll leave you to argue with the others.

You were literally just bitching about "Quantum is muh flat design" which is wrong because Quantum is the Firefox Quantum Project developing and integrating Servo experiments into Firefox internally, and secondly the flat design was literally how it was before Australis.
If you're not autistic, then you're simply retarded, or pretending to be retarded. Go be retarded somewhere else, retard.

By the way, the name of the new theme is "Photon". So if they were using it as branding, they'd call the new firefox "Firefox Photon".

GTFO Cuckzilla. You're kind isn't wanted here.

Prove me wrong, fagit
Protip: you can't

The right or wrong never even enters the conversation dumbshit, I immediately tl;dr'd you once it was obvious you are a shill for that vile pit of scum. GTFO you worthless trash.

Go be an incompetent autist somewhere else, your post doesn't make sense.

BTW, if you rolled back to 56, you probably want to shut off the nagging about updating.

Supporting the evil that Cuckzilla has become makes you far worse than an autist m'lady of the purplehair. GTFO.

Just installed two firefox browsers just so I can trigger your faggot ass

It's actually 2x slower than chromium
testdrive-archive.azurewebsites.net/performance/mazesolver/default.html

FIDF here
It's actually pretty good since I like the design. The only bad thing is Random Agent Spoofer isn't working anymore, but I replaced it with uMatrix's user agent option anyway.

The only thing I'm missing is the ability to set New Tab Tools to homepage since I can't get the url and about:newtab sends me to the abomination that firefox's default new tab page is.

Palememe is the future

When using XUL, you give full permissions to the addons, therefore you are expanding your attack vector and you trust the addon devs to write quality code. Web extensions are the solution to this issue. You just don't like them because your irrelevant addons aren't ported yet. I bet most of their functions are already built into uMatrix and uBlock origin. And instead of providing an argument, you went full edgelord, but I'll ask again - what is wrong with web extensions and which addons aren't supported anymore?

I tried the new firefox. It seems lighter than before at first, but after a while the ram usage reaches ~1.5gb. It opens 4 instances, each ~200-300 mb, while the main one grows. I'll stick to palemoon for now, but it does have some performance improvements.

see QupZilla
or qutebrowser

just tried it
FF lost to Edge by three seconds
LOL

Last I heard someone asked him whether he was interested in head transplantation

Bullshit. HTML was not designed for UI but for text markup and has is a lot slower. Mozilla themselves admitted that they hope to get 80% of the performance with html and webasm that they have right now with. The non-standard argument is obviously not the reason too since they are using rust know. There is cargo cult around HTML5.
XUL Extensions are not insecure unless the author is malicious, which is an inane argument. WebExtensions are "insecure" in that case too, sicne thanks to Google/Mozilla everything is on the web now, WebExtensions can steal your login data, spy on you, inject ads, mine cryptocoins etc., all they need is the "access your data on all websites" permission which pretty much all of them need to work.

You are just a retard parroting Mozilla's propaganda. Go back to r/firefox.

Does your distro not patch that out? You can disable the new preferences ui in about:config btw, but I forgot the name.

Yeah, no, we're talking about real world benchmarks, not microbenchmarks.Firefox can lay out pages sometimes up to 4x faster than chrome.
Also, webrender isn't even in stable yet.

Bullshit. HTML was not designed for UI but for text markup and is a lot slower. Mozilla themselves admitted that they hope to get 80% of the performance with html and webasm that they have right now with XUL. The non-standard argument is obviously not the reason too since they are using rust know. There is a cargo cult around HTML5.
XUL Extensions are not insecure unless the author is malicious, which is an inane argument. WebExtensions are "insecure" in that case too, since thanks to Google/Mozilla everything is on the web now, WebExtensions can steal your login data, spy on you, inject ads, mine cryptocoins etc., all they need is the "access your data on all websites" permission which pretty much all of them need to work. But you just care about ublock and will continue to rationalize your delusions.

You are an imbecile parroting Mozilla's propaganda. Go back to g/firefox.

Yeah well too bad people are going to use it for that. We have flex now and there's webcomponents. It's XUL in the long game.
I'm talking about the fact that legacy XUL addon cruft was stopping people from optimizing general speed of the browser, retard. This version I can drag a tab and not have to wait two seconds. It was embarassing.
Listen, retard, you could literally use XUL addons to load and call arbitrary DLLs via js-ctypes. Even simpler, you could just execute any fucking executable you wanted, and read everything. It's a fucking disaster. Don't pretend you know what you're talking about, you don't.
You are unbelievably autistic. No one fucking cares that you're crying and shitting your pants over a browser, you autistic piece of shit. I'm saying that you're just wrong from a technical perspective. Suck it up, go cry about rectangle buttons or whatever, and the fact that your obscure addon that was already superseded by uBlock a year ago doesn't work and won't be updated.
I can finally use a fast browser, and I don't have to worry about google shit. Go use whatever autism browser and quit making these shitty browser threads in the first place if you start kicking and screaming in an autistic rage when someone breaks the autism conditioning itt.

why is this bad at all? you can download software to your computer that, take a deep breath, can execute code on your processor, read/write to your file system, use the internet, etc.

an extension should be html in -> (literally anything) -> html out. I should be able to download an extention that pops out 8 processes all on its own, processes the html in all 8 threads, sends it to a mysql database, and then sends a result page back to the browser if I wanted.

the only argument I think of for this is for extensions that a user is literally forced to install, where there's a monopoly, like google play on android, where permissions are irrelevant because it has them all already by default. I can't think of any as far as extentions go.

The reason they are doing this is to push the acceptability window further back, making it more difficult to change the existing content on the page. (((They))) don't want you to have full control over the display of content on their webpage. They don't want you to be able to block ads, or block javascript, or manipulate the page in any way they find unacceptable. They would block all of these add-ons if there wouldn't be a bunch of blowback, just like they did with adnauseam, but it's a little late for that. So instead, they're going to slowly change the add-on interface, crippling it more and more, while at the same time exploding the browser so that you use it more and more, and it becomes more critical for your daily activities and unavoidable to use.

You are one delusional fuck. It will be full-on popcorn time when the entire pozfest is shut down entirely, knowing dumbasses like you exist. Lel.

i actually got this up a hell of a lot faster than I thought I would, in C, with gtk3 + webkit2. webengine/qt is obviously C++ only.

I don't know what webkit performance looks like, but for these purposes I don't particularly care unless it's unusable.

the idea is to mess around making a simple browser with code I can actually read and tweak on instead of digging through the millions of lines in chromium for firefox.

I have no idea what I'm doing with GTK so i'm sure this will be fun.

Had a good kek.

The cucked elite?
The Pedo elite?
or the pegged elite?

Have you experienced life with Internet Explorer and ActiveX? ActiveX was a proven security disaster because that system was based on the assumption that all ActiveX programmers were trustworthy in intent and competent in execution.

When Firefox has the ability to execute arbitrary executables under the Firefox process execution space, this kind of power is comparable to the power of ActiveX. The thing that Firefox (with XUL extension) has over ActiveX is that Firefox is not a critical part of the Windows operating system.

But please, continue to blame a big conspiracy for Firefox over your lack of personal investment into free software.

What did he mean by this?

Mozz:lla is basically super SJW goo goo cancer. Avoid at all costs.

No, the argument is that it defeats any sandboxing because then web content could do it through vulnerabilities in addons, tard.
You are a fucking retard. Mozilla has made a point to create and expose many more APIs just for arbitrary shit like "give me all localstorage instances for sites" for an addon to be able to clear them. Also, making adblocking impossible? Are you retarded?
You have no idea what you are talking about.

The subtle difference between buying a drink yourself and drinking it, and accepting a free drink from a stranger and drinking it. You choose to run that code, but with browsers you OFTEN run into places where you do not get to choose and sometimes you are not even aware that it's trying to run code.

it's been that way since forever.

ublock origin has a webextension, so does umatrix. And last I checked noscript was close tor eleasing one as well.

Wait.... What's wrong with it again?

The fuck is wrong with you? Just answer the question.

I'm..I'm sorry for memeing out on you like that. Had a bad day today ):

firefox is shit since ~55, right after upgrade to that version a few months ago i've purged it and installed seamonkey. it's lighter, looks retro (and i like it), and overally is a good alternative for firefox.. or so it was, for a pretty long time - mozilla is killing seamonkey. Veery quietly, but killing. For example, I was able to install stylish on SeaMonkey in August, but last week when i tried it - NOPE, NO STYLISH FOR YOU, FIREFOX ONLY, INSTALL FIREFOX.

the best part is that if you go ahead, download the xpi, and ocassionally hack your browser a little bit, all these addons will work.

This thread is an example of why Indian tech users are superior to Westerners in many ways.

Do you EVER hear Indian people complaining about software? Not really. If a software changes in an update, the average Indian user learns how the update changed the software and finds a way to use the change effectively.

A software program is a collection of functions. If an update removes some function, it's up to you to find a different function that allows you to accomplish what you need in a new way. This is what Indian people understand instinctually. Westerners on the other hand whine and then work out a way to get the old function back - only hindering themselves because more updates will inevitably come and eventually break their temporary solution to a problem that ultimately has multiple solutions.

Lmao

The average Indian doesn't own a toilet, much less a computer.

What the hell?

You have to go back. Your post reeks of Indian english.

Why do Windows and MacOS X users have an EME-free version, but not GNU/Linux users?
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/57.0/
Aren't GNU/Linux users the majority among users who don't want EME?

I remember back when palememe was actually just a meme and no one would really use it. My how the times have changed

As long as that furry doesn't fuck with extensions like he did with Ad Nauseam I'm tempted. I really wish there was a Debian package though.

firefox was always shit you stupid nigger (and so are your stupid addons). it only ever looked good in comparison to old IE

t. some ledditard who uses chrome

Simply because we are the autist army who vocally oppose SJWism. That makes us the enemy.

The keks are real.

Fair enough. I never had solid reason for preventing it from upgrading, nor essential reason for rolling it back before. I do now.

I'll be abandoning the platform entirely soon now with this debacle however so it's more or less a non-issue atp. I assume that's exactly what Google planned by sabotaging Mozilla. Regardless, they won't be seeing me using their botnet browser in exchange.

Where are you hosting your code? I'll pitch in if I can.

nowhere at the moment, this is pretty much webgitgtk's hello_world example I used to get setup
wiki.gnome.org/Projects/WebKitGtk/ProgrammingGuide/Tutorial

it's only 50 lines. putting more pieces together (address bar, buttons, etc) doesn't seem like it would be all that hard. I'll put it up somewhere once I get more pieces together and it's more of a functioning browser. it supports web extentions too. webkit definitely seems like the way to go unless you want to rewrite the gore. I found a few other projects that try, but none of them can just be plugged in and used except for netsurf and I'm not sure how.
netsurf-browser.org/projects/

netsurf puts out all their internal shit as C libraries, but I don't know how to turn that into a workable browser yet, except to fork netsurf lol. I'm not trying to just fork a browser.

*way to go for C* it seems like if you want to do C++ qtwebengine is the way to go, along with Qt's massive libraries.

How do I download or collect the xpi so that I can install these addons to palememe offline?

Still sounds interesting, though it's a shame that you're going to need to build on top of all that old cruff. Part of me just wants to say "fuck it, let's start from scratch." The net needs a new start.

Honestly, we really could do it. Httpd on the backend with a wget-based "browser" on the front would be a start.

Interesting idea. Be prepared however for Jewgle to enrich you out of existence though.

I'm kind of hoping once I get the hang of working with gtk and webkit I can pick it apart and override sections if I feel like trying. that would be a much larger project though.

It doesn't seem like there's a lot of libraries for this to begin with. qtwebengine is the new thing, in C++, but from what I can tell it's pretty much the chromium internals. There's a bunch of dom tree parsers out there, but most that I've found have no examples or information on turning it into something usable, like render it to the screen, so making that would be another huge chunk of work.

using webkit or qtwebengine isn't exactly making your own browser, more like wrapping a front-end around one. I can atleast be reasonably sure there's no telemetry botnet/bloat, there's no bullshit forced verification with the pozstore or use dev versions to load add-ons, etc, just have far more control in general.

i think hes getting a head transplant IN DE CEMBER

they shou,dld have called it the theme "Buttplug". So if they were using it as branding, they'd call the new firefox "Firefox Buttplug".

84 seconds the first time, then 94 seconds the second.
WTF is wrong with my Firefox?

arguably this might not be the best benchmark for CSS but it was the only real one i could find.

also i went into my pozfox and forced hardware acceleration to enabled, same with chromium and gpu acceleration, that might be the difference

So I turned OFF hardware acceleration and now it's a full minute faster. I wonder what this means.

What is this technological hell you're using

A pretty regular computer tbh.

hardware acceleration must be in rust

Waterfox or Palemoon. Waterfox is gonna grow fast because of the fuck up Mozillas is making, like being in bed with Soros and Antifa related shit.

But normal people don't care, only a autistic losers screeching on dead chans?

That's not true. Waterfox is pretty populair already and normalfags now being more aware of the shit that's going on will only make it bigger.

There's a lot of retarded decisions Mozilla that has made over the years, but ending XUL is not one of them. XUL was holding everything back, it's a slow-ass hole-riddled shit that nobody is going to develop as of this moment. Moonchild might have good intentions with his Pale Meme browser, but it's going to remain shit as long as they use XUL among other problems.

The most retarded decision Mozilla has made (besides letting SJW faggots into the company) is not providing the devs ALL the necessary APIs WAY before release for them to crossover their shit on webextensions. They should have done that first before rushing the browser to release like a bunch of morons.

Because of this, devs still have to wait for some APIs to be provided before they can even work on porting all the extensions. I'm not updating FF until shit like Download Status Bar, Tab Mix Plus, Session Manager are ported and that's the bare minimum. Losing Classical Theme Restorer is going to be a pain in the ass, but it's still tolerable as long as those three extensions work post-FF57.

Believe me I would never use FF if there was a better browser, but there's really no good alternative even if this one is owned by a bunch of SJW cuntbags that collaborate with Soros. Chrome is a walled garden made by uncommunicative sociopaths that does not have nearly as good extensions as FF and every other browser doesn't have extensions worth mentioning at all.

Download Status Bar and Session Manager are essential for me along with CTR, but what do you find yourself still using Tab Mix Plus for? I stopped using that a long time ago when Firefox finally got most of its useful functions natively.

I use TMP for several uses, one is to have a list of closed tabs, second is to make sure tabs are opened right next to the current tab (and next to the opened tab if I open more links) and to have tabs unloaded when I restore a session (though I forgot if that's because of Session manager or TMP). There are also some other minor stuff that I forgot, but that's mostly it, it's really convenient to have because I usually have 100+ tabs opened/unloaded in a session.

I'm pretty sure I saw that furry fuck shitting on Maozilla's threading implementation so probably no.

The new address bar was merged with the search bar from previous version. Remove the Flexible Space separators on either side, and add your own extension icons or bookmark icons in that space.

You can use this to autoconvert for SM addonconverter.fotokraina.com/

I've been using qutebrowser for some time now and it's really nice. You fags should use it.

this implies pozzilla cares.
pozzilla knows this

use k-meleon :)

they're not collaborating with soros. stop spreading misinfo
sage since this is hardly relevant to the thread.

B-b-b-but Holla Forums said so!

Who really cares at this point? Firesucks has been dead for at least three years now. To me, at least.

foxnews.com/tech/2017/10/10/mozilla-gave-100000-to-secure-email-platform-harnessed-by-anti-fascist-groups.html
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/10/03/mozilla-awards-half-million-open-source-projects/

No it's not. Politics is irrelevant to technology. Politics is only srelevant to politics.

I'm using Firefox QUANTUM right now. So far so gud so reading this thread feels awkward

like what?

What WW2 machines did you use, faggots? I'm using a macbookpro 2011 (elite laptop for elite people) and this is a score that I get.

You're confused, Firefox doesn't have any EME. If you want EME, you have download a real EME decoder and install that to your computer so Firefox can make use of it. Mozilla doesn't provide one.

tell that to mozilla's entire development team of non-white males and blue-haired women

Mozilla's entire development team is not complaining about politics on the Holla Forums technology board. Do you know who is? That's right, retards who feel the need to shit in Holla Forums about things that are not technology.

On the contrary naive user, politics are relevant everywhere. Maybe that wasn't so apparent one or two decades ago, but today people have been polarized to the extreme and one would have to be stupid to not see the effects it has in the workplace. It can transform a sensible IT professional into a monkey that hires incompetent people just because of their ideology, spend time on worthless endeavors and no longer pursuing to better himself in his occupation. Politics influence is not that apparent in the beginning, but they have far reaching consequences down the line.

There's like 4 posts in the entire thread that mention politics. Stop giving them attention before you spark another pointless argument that really does shit up the thread.

This thread is already shit, it's a duplicate browser thread for Firefox 57/Quantum in addition to the 12 inactive browser threads that are already up.

Holla Forums is for techology. The technology board is for technology. There are plenty of places to discuss politics in Holla Forums. The technology board is for technology. Holla Forums is for techology.

How to I set New Tab Tools addons as homepage?

Seems like something Session Manager already does (or even native Firefox behavior at this point), I'm managing ~450 tabs at the moment and I don't need Tab Mix Plus to do that.

The other more nuanced tab-opening behavior you can get out of Tree Style Tab, which lets you do even cooler stuff in addition.

lol so they did this shit and destroyed Classic Theme Restorer for good? Well that's it, Firefox 56 is the version Firefox will die on for me.

Nevermind, figured it out. You can just drag the addon's title (left of url bar) onto Home buttom, or to text editor to get full url.

Everything you could accomplish in Firefox 56 with Classic Theme Restorer you can still accomplish in Firefox 57 "Quantum". Just learn to use the new interface.

oh look its shit

You can just turn on the separate search bar, you fucking idiot. You didn't even bother looking at the fucking settings. Retards like you are why all technology is getting progressively dumbed down and less flexible and customizable, because faggots like you bitch when you have to look at the settings to switch a fucking option.

This is what a reprobate mind sounds like

wew

You are confusing him with Josh.

Multithreading is a meme for both browsers atm, it just augments resource use without any real improvements, while ironically making the browser code much more prone to instability. Also the XUL removal had nothing to do with multi-threading implementation on Firefox.

The problem is Waterfox will get stuck in FF56 and there are no plans to do any improvements after that, besides security patches.

Average tech retarded user here, what's wrong with new FF? Seems to go faster and I don't miss the add ons that much.

replace the shitty tab throbber in the new version:
AppData\Roaming\Mozilla or ~/.mozilla/firefox//chrome/userChrome.css
/* Revert tab throbber - for Nightly 57 as of 9/20/2017 */.tab-throbber[busy]::before { background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/loading.png") !important; animation: unset !important;}.tab-throbber[busy]:not([progress])::before { /* Grays the blue during "Connecting" state */ filter: grayscale(100%);}@media (min-resolution: 2dppx) { .tab-throbber[busy]::before { background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/[email protected]") !important; }}

Am I the only one who likes the tab throbber?

how much of pozfox steals chrome's code?

it's one of the things that i've welcome as my brain is accustomed to the spinning circle being a rotating fuck you

This is really displaying your newfaggotry

Whoa, really? You're saying I can get my browser to look and function exactly like this without Classic Theme Restorer? You're not pullin' my leg user, are you?

I haven't updated and have no current plans to, thus I can't check. Cool your autism, it was an honest question.

waterfox or pale moon?

where'd you get this? i hear it all the time from shills but it doesn't seem to be true

Neither if you ask me. I just use normal Firefox because both of those are shit.

I like the new Firefox.
Ask me anything.

do you use reddit?

Maybe I just decide not to update the browser until I can settle on an alternative, you ever consider that?

Different user here and yes, but only for r/rust :^).

You're complaining that they gave money to riseup of all places? As far as I can tell, they seem pretty committed to fighting mass surveillance.
Can you name something wrong with riseup other than "people I don't agree with politically" use their service?
Maybe their services are shit, but that's not what your article is bitching about

And again, does this have anything to do with soros?

Another good thing about v57 is in Android version.

It is, to my knowledge, the first android browser which features uMatrix as it's addon/functionality. Before 57, you simply couldn't install it. I liked "Privacy browser", but pretty much everything except FF with noscript wouldn't let you block individual scripts. And FF's noscript didn't let you block scripts per-domain.

Your autistic breakdown proves that you are a Holla Forums shill. Politics is very important to technology. Since firefox has links with pantyfa and kikes, it is reason enough to boycott it.

palemoon

Your retarded logic is plainly jumping to conclusions. That's not how shilling works.

psst! everyone here does.
the le Reddit hate is a meme.........newfag

I don't. The layout, moderation, and majority of the userbase are shit. But since you decided to use
I figured I'd let you know you're a faggot

what the hell is up with new ff ram usage? i had it open for maybe around 24 hours and all of a sudden it got slow as shit. so i check and it's using all 8gb. restart the browser, load all the same tabs, and it's not even using 1gb. now i'm watching the memory usage slowly tick up while ff is fucking idling. i only have 10 tabs open. how could an abomination like this have made it out of beta?

I think Holla Forums somehow causes memory to be leaked, even on regular firefox.

maybe so, but none of those tabs were Holla Forums.

I'm confused how Waterfox will even be viable in a years time. It's my understanding that the add-ons Firefox uses are now deprecated because it uses a different system (web extension). Waterfox uses those legacy add-ons right from the Firefox add-on page but if all the add-ons are now considered legacy, who will continue to support them? It seems like Waterfox is going to see the end of days soon

how new are you, ff (and pretty much every browse) is notorious for memory leaks

There's no technical reason why future FF versions cannot use the legacy XUL extensions. It is not difficult to change a few lines in future FF versions to enable XUL extensions. Technically, the new FF versions can still run the old extensions but will not do so out of the box. The reason why Mozilla is deprecating XUL extensions is for two reasons:
1) The XUL extensions are a massive security problem. It is inherently impossible to improve the security of XUL extensions while also remaining backwards compatible with the old extensions.
2) The XUL extensions are not designed to work in the multi-processing model. It is impossible to update the XUL system to be multi-process while also remaining backwards compatible with the old extensions.

The web extension system model was designed to be security sandboxed from the very beginning. This is the reason why this decision was made for FF.

If you want to use your old extensions in the future, you will need to use a fork of FF that intends to support the old extensions.

lol ok kid

fuck off. i obviously made that post because i noticed something was different from how ff used to run for me. i've been using it for years now.

wow ya sure trolled me hard there. guess my experiences are all bullshit because some edgy teen on Holla Forums can't into differences of degree.

what a zinger! you should screencap that and send it to all your butt buddies on discord.

Not sure why you're getting this upset over someone pointing out how obviously new you are.

The EME-free binaries for GNU/Linux disappeared after the release of Firefox 57 beta 3.
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/57.0b3/
Starting with beta 4, the EME-free binaries was only made available for Windows and MacOSX users.
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/57.0b4/
Maybe it's a nudge from an ally on the inside telling us to use a fork, or build our own EME-free versions.

you know what? you're right, i am a little ticked off. i hate how every online interaction devolves into this stupid bullshit. no, i'm not "new," whatever you are trying to insinuate with that since that word is overused and never properly defined. i have experienced memory leaks with the browser before but they have never been to this great of a degree. that was the point i was trying (poorly) to make. maybe it was just a fluke. who knows. but you don't really care about that. you're just another one of these cookie-cutter fags playing the game of typing and caring the least. well, congrats. i'm sure you're very happy seeing how much more invested i am than you.

psst. protip:
>he's a cuckzilla shill.
don't be manipulated so easily user, and you should probably get a little thicker skin on if you hang around the chans tbh. anyway, yes, ff a shit since the sjw invasion as jewgle intended.

Right user but what I'm asking is that wouldn't these extensions become deprecated overtime? If they aren't being developed using the old system and instead being redesigned using the old system, how will extensions for Waterfox last once every dev moves entirely to webextension or just leaves extension creating altogether? Just to make sure I'm being clear, if I used an extension that only was created as a legacy extension and the designer says "well fuck that shit don't feel like reworking my extension" and it just sits there, would that not work against a browser like Waterfox which relies on these extensions? Also, if a developer says "well time to get up to code with the new system, better design Z extension to work with the new system" does that not mean that the add-on is now deprecated for Waterfox. My question basically is how will a browser like Waterfox last when the old extension system is being phased out?

Did you miss the fact that Firefox doesn't provide EME in the "EME version" of Firefox? The facts are the same in all versions of Firefox. There is no EME in Firefox, you have to download and install a third party EME plugin if you want Firefox to have EME.

Don't waste your time. I've been trying to explain the same shit for over a year now, but they'll just deflect it with Holla Forums buzzwords.
The fact is that as along as EME is disabled in Settings, no DRM will ever run in Firefox.
This isn't a Holla Forums-only thing, the entire community is too stupid to listen. The FDroid guys removed Firefox Mobile from the repositories and the Waterfox/Palemoon shills keep listing it as a "benefit" when in the real world there is no difference as long as you keep it disabled. It makes sense for IceCat to prevent even the ability to use DRM content, but for everyone else it's the same thing.

this post is now 100% more believable

Why?

read

Your whore of a mother keeps shoving her saggy tits in my face, explain

if you cant even spot the difference explaining it would be a waste.

Is this more inclined to mac users? Because that's the message I'm getting.

Well it IS for the masterrace

You're confused, I'm not saying the old adons were or are insecure. There are people around, the ones you're calling shills, making the argument that all XUL addons were insecure, but I'm not sure about that. My point is that since these addons, in general, won't be updated then they will become insecure, as it happens with basically all software supposed to deal with the internet.

What sort of vulnerabilities does XUL have? How come I never heard of people getting fucked over due to addon vulnerabilities?

And no one could give a response.
Bunch of larpers you faggots are.

maybe you should read the mozilla blog posts about why they're switching. One big example is permissions. kys CIA alien

Check the downloads page, brainlet. Waterfox works on Win/Mac/Linux/Android.

Good one faggot, keep larping

long enough for new un-pozzed versions of Firefox to appear

I'm waiting for Rockfox 69

cianiggers tried to make the exact same argument when chromium shipped the version that immediately downloaded a binary blob that recorded the mic listening for "Ok Google". Don't worry, it doesn't do anything if it's disabled.

When canonical shipped the amazon botnet in the ubuntu search bar... "don't worry you can just uninstall it".

When people discovered ME. "Don't worry, it doesn't do anything unless it's activated".

Your a shill.

It doesn't exist in the first place you idiot

Dumb faggot

Basilisk, the successor to Pale Moon, is available in beta now.

XUL addons...
A XUL addon can execute scripts, do a "rm -rf .*" (or worse if you're foolish enough to execute Firefox as root), do a Man-In-The-Middle Attack, etc.
One of the reasons Mozilla stopped allowing unsigned addons was because shady websites would usually offer to install malicious addons and unaware users would get pwned all the time.
Here's a list of blocked addons, a lot of them for being malware: blocked.cdn.mozilla.net/ (note that these are the addons that were uploaded directly to Mozilla's add-on website, which most cyber criminals wouldn't do since they analyze addons thoroughly.)
And here's a XUL add-on that can execute arbitrary programs in your PC and pass arguments and files: addons.mozilla.org/es/android/addon/dafizilla-viewsourcewith/

By that logic every single program is vulnerable.

See

Browers are unsafe because you can have shit installed and executed in them without your knowledge or consent. This is completely different from consciously downloading and installing a piece of software.

But I'm installing the addons myself?

In an ideal world. But this is the real world. It's so much easier to exploit a browser to install an addon than it is to exploit an operating system to install software.

has this ever happened? where there was an exploit where a website could maliciously install an add-on?

Not direct from a website but with malware that people download and install. That malware hooks itself into Firefox thus opening up Firefox to the rest of the system. Using the new web extension system, this specific kind of exploit is no longer possible, they'd have to punch through the sandbox which is a lot more difficult.

Not all browsers though. Lynx doesn't execute any programs or scripts by default, not even stuff on your local filesystem.

So it requires the system to be compromised in the first place.

What the flying fuck?

Installing a new program usually requires root access, installing new addons doesn't.
Furthermore, there is a certain expectation for new programs to be sorta dangerous. Nobody expects (or understands) that Firefox addons have the same access to the system as Firefox itself.

Yes that is right. With XUL extensions, it's so much easier to exploit XUL to install another payload into Firefox than it is to hide a payload inside the OS directly.

[Citation needed]

it's more like it's easier to exploit the dumbass behind the browser. your going to get one pop-up box and the idiot is going to click yes and it's installed and hopefully wrecking the idiots computer. there's multiple steps required to download and install software.

this is also the reason they claim they forced add-on signing, requiring you to download the developer version of pozfox to even disable it. it's a lie though, they just want to make sure they have full control and force everyone to use their kosher app store.

Are you implying that Firefox has all the security checks for software installs that is present in Windows 8? Here's news for you, Firefox doesn't have that kind of sophisticated security. The closest thing Firefox has for addon security is refusing to install unsigned addons in its default configuration.

You're a faggot. Add-on signing does not do that. That's not how signing works.

goto
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases
and try to install the newest version directly from the source.

wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing

Is this really a Holla Forums board? why do people keep migrating to 56, which is an insecure and unpatched version?

Do you also use uTorrent 2.2.1?

Fact: Firefox does not run unsigned addons in its default configuration
Claim: The reason why this happens is to force users to use the Firefox addon store

I'm arguing that the claim is wrong. Addon signing does one thing and only one thing: it proves that Mozilla verifies the source of the addon from each specific developer. Did you know that it's possible to install signed Firefox addons that didn't come from the addon store? I do this all the time.

unlisted or not all add-on's must go through their signing process and abide by their terms of service and conditions of use, ie be kosher. your not getting anything that offends the sjw through listed or not and they can pull it at any time for any reason.

would you not slam microsoft for doing the same thing for applications? or ubuntu if it required all binaries to be signed? or android if you couldn't turn the option on to install from unknown sources without installing a "developer" OS?

How new are you sonny?

Just use Brave already.

nah m8 they just want the gnome audiance

Almost anything is better than brave

well argued fellow robot

SAGE

Nobody cares about loonux.

Kill yourself.

Commie kikes are for suicide. Commie kikes are for suicide. Commie kikes are for suicide. Commie kikes are for suicide.

Firefox ESR 52
Then do your about:config for hardening.
Then never update.

Konqueror has a horrible case of bitrot. It's basically been abandoned, aside from the occasional Qt version change

jewgle didn't make webkit, try another browser.

riseup is made by and for turbokikes.

jwz.org/blog/2012/04/why-i-use-safari-instead-of-firefox/

Just use Waterfox, they've not made a version based on 57 yet as they plan to implement future Firefox changes while preserving support for addons.

Exactly. Wrongthink will be filtered. Also apps that fuck with the ad companies (look to the recent example).

Javascript was a mistake. Using a web browser as a second-tier operating system complete with javashit GUIs, "app stores", and arbitrary code execution is explicitly retarded behavior. As in, proof-positive that you are a retard.

Look at the state of things. The incompatibilities and differences between browsers. The rampant javascript exploits and malware. It's no different than just running native fucking applications for the correct task. Actually, that would be much cleaner.

Millennials are fucking dumb.

kek, about the same here; 80sec on a Latitude from a decade ago.

Got this on Qupzilla.

That's literally what the MS shills were saying when Firefox was brand new.

Trying to make the transition to Pale Moon now. Anyone know how to view PDFs in-browser with Pale Moon? Search results from about a year ago keep saying to enable pdf.js in about:config but I can find no such entry.

Aha, installing Moon PDF Viewer here worked perfectly:

github.com/JustOff/moon-pdf-viewer

The old add-ons aren't gone tho

that's dangerous, because PDFs can contain a virus
use an external reader and be damn sure it's up to date

Ungoogled Chromium

Yes, just look at any GSMArena comment section

I agree, but It's pretty inconvenient to open them like that when performing academic research. I trust publishers like Springer to keep viruses our of their PDFs.

The Pajeets they hire for "editing" manage to fuck up compiling latex files. Wouldn't surprise me if one day they manage to infect a pdf.

This

they are releasing 57.0.1 and 52.5.1esr

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/candidates/

this is bad news for those with Firefox 56.0.2: you have to either upgrade or downgrade

RIP best Firefox

aaaaand of course the first build is bugged:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1421535

waiting for the [DONE] in green:

wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_57/Test_Plan#57.0.1_Release_Candidate

why Mozilla websites are so labyrinthic?

they are doing a second build
that was quick

get out

this one is precious

can you list any benchmark at all that shows quantum is faster than chromium?

Firefox 57 looks like shit. Switched to Palemoon. Comfy.

Well I have a million tabs open so it's not like I have a choice other than Palemoon, which seems to be the only fork that doesn't completely hog RAM. My only complaint is having to use old-ass versions of add-ons.

â­• DOUBT

Oh noes they gave money to people who help provide secure internet to victims of political persecution, how awful.

implying I'm not replying to old-ass messages