ResurrXion Free Previews Spotlight

So, Marvel just released a small preview booklet for their big new relaunch of X-Men titles. Let's take a look and see if any of it is any good, shall we?

Kicking things off, we get a brief look at X-Men Gold.

Two pages and an interview isn't much, admittedly.

Moving on, X-Men Blue.

Wew, dialogue sounds like shit.

So, anyone looking forward to X-Men Blue now that Marvel has taken the brave new step of finally putting Jean Grey into her long-awaited role as team leader? Anyone at all?

Yeah, me neither.

Looks like shit so far. Of course Terrax is back and evil again. Can't have him being a comfy farmer forever. I'm sure there's not like dozens of other villains they could bring back.

Shoot me.

Up next, Royals gives us a look at what the Inhumans would have looked like if they had been pushed hard during the 90s.

Oh, and Noh-varr is back, by what seems to be editorial mandate, if that interview is any indication.

Looks like garbage, tbh, fam. Thanks for sharing but right now the only Marvel stuff that looks good is Venom.

Fuck Noh Var. Fuck everything about all of this.

And yet more Inhumans shit on top of that, user. Also, a preview of X-Men Prime #1, even though that was also released this week.

Is there a single actual Inhumans fan in the world?

Minor spoilers for X-Men Prime #1: The Westchester mansion has been moved to sit in the middle of Central Park.

Oh, look, the adult Bobby Drake is getting his own solo series.

Read it once, read em all, looks like they'll try really, really hard to get back the readers who actually buy the books and merchandise when they replaced them with tumblr, all the previews show they're playing it safe, again.

I wish someone would wise up and fucking shoot up Marvel's HQ.

Why the fuck is Storm in her newer look here now? She was in her old look in GOLD!

And fucking of course the Iceman solo is pozzed to all hell.

As I understand it, there are people who are fans of what the Inhumans used to be, but pretty much everyone hates what the Inhumans have been turned into.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Jean Grey is getting her own solo series. Not that I expect many people are interested in reading about teenage Jean Grey.

Anyone still interested in Cable?

Oh, and Black Bolt is getting his own solo series, too. Isn't it grand, anons?

You read one Cable book or story, you've read them all.

Why are you storytiming a free preview book?

Oh, look, more of X-23 continuing to be pushed as replacement Wolverine.

Wolverine fans actually like x-23, though. I've gotten in arguments with them over it. ANti-Sjw fans actually dig x-23 as Wolverine, idk why.

Still haven't seen Rogue around.

hopefully that means Uncanny Avengers is still around.

Least it ain't a renumbering. But fuck off with the X-force like costume. We know for a fact they won't have X-Force levels of gore and shit.

Because I'm hoping it will lead to either laughter, rage, or the provoking of some interesting discussion.

I might have gone into this expecting a little too much, admittedly.

End of ResurrXion Free Previews Spotlight

The only thing I can say I like about this is Warpath returning.

Well, how has she been portrayed recently in her books? I've heard that they've walked back a lot of the personality changes they gave her when they first had her put on the blue and yellow spandex.

Here's my prediction: They're going to push the same shit they've been pushing for the past few years, but this time with more emphasis on being actual superheroes as opposed to assholes who like to lecture people, and this will last for about a year before they start slipping the social justice bullshit in again.

Okay
FUCK OFF

>Um. Excuse me?

If this is Marvel trying to win me back, they're doing a shitty job.

Could go either way, but it kinda shows how desperate this relaunch attempt is. Remember, Marvel announced the books well before they announced the creative teams.